PDA

View Full Version : Brandon WEEDen is AWESOME

Charlie Brown
09-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I have never seen a quarterback play that well.

He is most definately better than Colt McCoy.

12/35 118 yards 0 touchdowns 4 interceptions, 3 fumbles 1 lost

Colt McCoy last year alone threw for 14 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

WEEDen already has nearly half that after ONE game

Also, how about that Trent Richardson?! 19 rushes for 39 yards?!!

WEEDen doesn't even deserve to be a second string quarterback!!

broncoFan!
09-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Never should have gotten TR for my fantasy team. :mad:

:laugh:

EddieMac
09-09-2012, 01:50 PM
And yet, despite all that you only lost by by a point......There is some good there.

Now if that happens for a couple more weeks......uh oh

Jay3
It takes a while to develop. Rookies that are "ready to go" are the exception.

OhBehave30
I was on your boat bro! I said get the team's supporting cast better with this draft and let Colt have another go at it. If it doesn't work out, then you draft a quarterback the next year.

People are over reacting a bit to Trent though, he is coming off a (minor) knee surgery. No excuses in the book for quarterback play that poorly like we saw today from Weeden. Tim Couch is chuckling somewhere.

Charlie Brown
09-09-2012, 01:52 PM
It takes a while to develop. Rookies that are "ready to go" are the exception.

No, they don't take time. WEEDen is 29 years old and was drafted in the first round. Time is something he doesn't have.

I am curious what will come first a touchdown pass or 7 interceptions...

broncos SB2010
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Colt McCoy last year alone threw for 14 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

WEEDen already has nearly half that after ONE game

Also, how about that Trent Richardson?! 19 rushes for 39 yards?!!

I'm surprised the team didn't see that coming. I saw it. A 29 year old rookie QB in nthe 1st round??? That is fail waiting to happen. Sorry about your team, you are screwed for at least another 2 years.

Captain_23
09-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I think TR will be fine, he will struggle as long as Weeden struggles to push the ball downfield, because teams will be focused on stopping your talented rookie running back. Teams dont respect Clevelands Wrs and passing game as a hole. he will face 8 and 9 man boxes all season. if he even avg. 4-4.5 yrds a carry against those stakced boxes, thats a successful rookie season running the football. McCoy wont be any better.

I believe McCoy is garbage anyway, but besides that point, neither QB will fair well. The oline is garbage, and yall dont have no Wrs. That offense as a whole need to be rebuild from the ground up.

EddieMac
I'm surprised the team didn't see that coming. I saw it. A 29 year old rookie QB in nthe 1st round??? That is fail waiting to happen. Sorry about your team, you are screwed for at least another 2 years.

Na, Barkley in 13!!!! :thumb:

#24 Next Champ
Lol I knew he sucked from day 1, hated the rumors of the Broncos wanting him

"WEEDen" still looks absolutely ridiculous tho plz stop

Charlie Brown
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
I was on your boat bro! I said get the team's supporting cast better with this draft and let Colt have another go at it. If it doesn't work out, then you draft a quarterback the next year.

I was saying the exact same thing as well. The team needs a #1 wide receiver - period. But, no it was all Colt McCoy's fault.

People are over reacting a bit to Trent though, he is coming off a (minor) knee surgery. No excuses in the book for quarterback play that poorly like we saw today from Weeden. Tim Couch is chuckling somewhere.

Jim Brown is chuckling somewhere saying: "I told you so!"

No excuse for QB play from WEEDen (but what do you expect from him, after all it is WEEDen). Trent Richardson is supposed to be the primary offensive playmaker on the team. But today? "What offense?!"

Further, "what defense!" Sure, Vick threw four interceptions. But they also had 300 yards passing and over a hundred yards rushing.

roushmartin6
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Lol Browns, I feel your pain Charlie. Someday they will right the ship

Captain_23
09-09-2012, 01:59 PM
all in all, its 1 game bro. Folks panic too much after the first couple weeks of the season when teams dont do well ( I used to do it before so im gulty of it) but i have learned teams that start 4-0 have just a good of chance as missing the playoffs, as teams that start 0-4 have turning things around and making the playoffs.

Captain_23
09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
p.s. althought i dont think cleveland will make the playoffs. not trying to be funny, but its true. but its still only one game.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-09-2012, 02:00 PM

same i thought hed be a work horse and be somewhat productive, he might have lost me this game with his 5 pts

Charlie Brown
09-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I think TR will be fine, he will struggle as long as Weeden struggles to push the ball downfield, because teams will be focused on stopping your talented rookie running back. Teams dont respect Clevelands Wrs and passing game as a hole. he will face 8 and 9 man boxes all season. if he even avg. 4-4.5 yrds a carry against those stakced boxes, thats a successful rookie season running the football. McCoy wont be any better.

I believe McCoy is garbage anyway, but besides that point, neither QB will fair well. The oline is garbage, and yall dont have no Wrs. That offense as a whole need to be rebuild from the ground up.

You calling McCoy garbage is hilarious. The difference between McCoy and WEEDen is night and day. McCoy is a game manager who minimizes his mistakes. McCoy takes what defenses give him. McCoy is a smart quarterback and his accuracy is a hell of a lot better than WEEDen's. WEEDen can't complete a pass to save his life. He coughs up the football every chance he can get

WEEDen needs to be benched - period. Colt McCoy actually minimizes mistakes and keeps the team in the game. If McCoy had been out there he would have completed a hell of a lot more passes than WEEDen and would have actually thrown touchdown passes. Is McCoy great? No. But he would have actually looked like a quarterback.

Charlie Brown
09-09-2012, 02:02 PM
all in all, its 1 game bro. Folks panic too much after the first couple weeks of the season when teams dont do well ( I used to do it before so im gulty of it) but i have learned teams that start 4-0 have just a good of chance as missing the playoffs, as teams that start 0-4 have turning things around and making the playoffs.

I said before the Browns would be lucky to win 2 games this year. Today's game just PROVED everything I have been saying about WEEDen.

InsaneBlaze23
09-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Lol at Cleveland. They kept the score close but Weeden is terribad.

Sad thing is some fans on this site wanted him to be a Bronco.

Captain_23
09-09-2012, 02:06 PM
You calling McCoy garbage is hilarious. The difference between McCoy and WEEDen is night and day. McCoy is a game manager who minimizes his mistakes. McCoy takes what defenses give him. McCoy is a smart quarterback and his accuracy is a hell of a lot better than WEEDen's. WEEDen can't complete a pass to save his life. He coughs up the football every chance he can get

WEEDen needs to be benched - period. Colt McCoy actually minimizes mistakes and keeps the team in the game. If McCoy had been out there he would have completed a hell of a lot more passes than WEEDen and would have actually thrown touchdown passes. Is McCoy great? No. But he would have actually looked like a quarterback.

aint nothing hillarious about that, he is garbage. Maybe if he had played better his two previous years, then maybe the Browns dont draft another QB in the first place. Its his fault as to why he isnt starting. McCoy dont have the body, nor the arm, to last and start a 16 game regular season schedule. Thats why everytime he takes a hard hit or a sack, he winds injured. McCoy is trash dude. If he was starting now, who would he be better than, as far as other NFL starting QBs. maybe Blaine Gabbart?, Ryan Tannehill? thats probably the only two i would take McCoy over. McCoy is a backup QB. even once Cleveland determines Weeden was a mistake, guess what. They will draft another 1st round QB. McCoy will never be the guy, so you just need to get over it.

aberdien
09-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Browns season summed up in one highlight:

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/WEEDEN-FLAG.gif

Flag: 1
Weeden: 0

kratos_godofwar
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM
aint nothing hillarious about that, he is garbage. Maybe if he had played better his two previous years, then maybe the Browns dont draft another QB in the first place. Its his fault as to why he isnt starting. McCoy dont have the body, nor the arm, to last and start a 16 game regular season schedule. Thats why everytime he takes a hard hit or a sack, he winds injured. McCoy is trash dude. If he was starting now, who would he be better than, as far as other NFL starting QBs. maybe Blaine Gabbart?, Ryan Tannehill? thats probably the only two i would take McCoy over. McCoy is a backup QB. even once Cleveland determines Weeden was a mistake, guess what. They will draft another 1st round QB. McCoy will never be the guy, so you just need to get over it.
I don't know what you've been watching, but McCoy has shown that he can carry a team on his back. The Browns FO is just a complete mess. They stupidly hired mike holmgren as a GM(or whatever his role is) and let him make bad decisions just as he did in Seattle. I think mike holmgren has a grudge against McCoy because everyone blamed him and his coaching staff for letting McCoy go back out on the field after nearly being killed and being disoriented.

McCoy is a QB who will keep defenses off of your running game. They know they have to respect McCoy because he can make smart decisions. Weeden is 29, he was/is supposed to be productive right off the bat. But preseason and this game proves he's nothing more than a 29 year old rookie who played in a spread offense with a lot of learning to do.

Captain_23
09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't know what you've been watching, but McCoy has shown that he can carry a team on his back. The Browns FO is just a complete mess. They stupidly hired mike holmgren as a GM(or whatever his role is) and let him make bad decisions just as he did in Seattle. I think mike holmgren has a grudge against McCoy because everyone blamed him and his coaching staff for letting McCoy go back out on the field after nearly being killed and being disoriented.

McCoy is a QB who will keep defenses off of your running game. They know they have to respect McCoy because he can make smart decisions. Weeden is 29, he was/is supposed to be productive right off the bat. But preseason and this game proves he's nothing more than a 29 year old rookie who played in a spread offense with a lot of learning to do.

I've watched a QB who is pretty much maxed out in the talent department. McCoy wont win you playoff games let alone a superbowl. Hell, he can barely win you regular season games. With Big Ben, Flacco, and even Dalton on the division. The Browns arent going anywhere fast even with McCoy at QB. He would be easliy the Worst QB in the division year in and year out. The Browns need a whole new make over. All the way from the Executives, Front office, coaching staff, and QB. better yet, they need to move out of Cleveland again, and maybe take the offer to move to Los Angeles.

Captain_23
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Im not saying Weeden is, or will be better than McCoy, what im saying is, McCoy has shown what he could do, give someone else a season or two, to see what he can do, and then if he doesnt show progress (Much like Tebow) then dump him. Cleveland needs to learn, to draft a new QB, you also have to put talent around him. As talented a back as Richarson is, they should have gone WR's, O-line, and TE for the entired draft. then add in other places with college free agents and hope to get lucky by may 1 or 2 making the team.

kratos_godofwar
09-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I've watched a QB who is pretty much maxed out in the talent department. McCoy wont win you playoff games let alone a superbowl. Hell, he can barely win you regular season games. With Big Ben, Flacco, and even Dalton on the division. The Browns arent going anywhere fast even with McCoy at QB. He would be easliy the Worst QB in the division year in and year out. The Browns need a whole new make over. All the way from the Executives, Front office, coaching staff, and QB. better yet, they need to move out of Cleveland again, and maybe take the offer to move to Los Angeles.

While I agree with you on everything else besides McCoy, it doesn't seem they will be moving any time soon. The new owner should just get rid of everyone in the front office to the coaches at the end of the year if not sooner. I miss when the Browns were relevant and we had great playoff games against them. Although I was only around 4 at that time.

Captain_23
09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
While I agree with you on everything else besides McCoy, it doesn't seem they will be moving any time soon. The new owner should just get rid of everyone in the front office to the coaches at the end of the year if not sooner. I miss when the Browns were relevant and we had great playoff games against them. Although I was only around 4 at that time.

they should consider it. Last time I check, the Last Cleveland Brown team to move out of that City won a superbowl, and have been very competitive for the last decade. Just Sayin

Charlie Brown
09-09-2012, 02:40 PM

Exactly.

McCoy is 26 years old and he was progressing every year he started.

His rookie year: 7 touchdowns 9 interceptions
2nd year: 14 touchdowns 11 interceptions (really 14 touchdowns 10 interceptions)

McCoy got up after every hit. He even got up after that concussion. He was dazed and confused and the team's doctors cleared him to play despite still suffering from the concussion. He went back on field with a concussion and threw an interception.

McCoy had no business going back on the field - he was gone for one play. It isn't McCoy's fault that he went back out there - he was still suffering from a concussion and the inept coaches put him back on the field. McCoy is tough and is a game manager. He minimizes turnovers and goes for short smart completions keeping defenses on their feet. Also, is McCoy's arm really weak? He outplayed WEEDen in the preseason and the longest completion was a 60 some-yard pass by McCoy. McCoy SHOULD be starting. You put the player that gives you the best chance to win out there.

So, who gives you the best chance? A 29 year old rookie that just had 5 turnovers in a game or Colt McCoy who has never had 5 turnovers in a game. WEEDen after one game has 5 turnovers. McCoy has only gotten better each year. Given that, I would easily expect 16-17 touchdowns (possibly more) and 10-12 interceptions.

WEEDen? After one game he has 0 touchdown passes and 4 interceptions and things are only going to get tougher:

@Bengals
Bills
@Ravens
@Giants
Bengals
@Colts
Chargers
Ravens
BYE

Looking at those opponents - there is a big question in my mind. What will come first: a touchdown pass by WEEDen or 10 interceptions?

one5beast
09-09-2012, 02:46 PM
I thought it was a mistake when Browns drafted him and he's showing why.

A 29 year old QB drafted in the 1st round doesn't have time to develop. Especially when there are so many other needs. They absolutely have no playmakers. Weeden walked in a fail fail situation.

// / yardo
09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Brownies are teh lulz fest.

EvertonBroncos
09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I still can't believe they drafted him in all honesty.

Charlie Brown
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh, by the way.

Brandon WEEDen's QB rating his first game starting: 5.1

theMileHighGuy
09-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Oh, by the way.

I think Chris Tucker would put it this way: DAAAYUUUUMM!!!

Weeden sucks. He's gonna get murdalized in the afc north. Stop giving weed a bad name with him though :P

aberdien
09-09-2012, 04:38 PM
They should've got Tim Tebow.

Peerless
09-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Hope he saves his nice first round draft pick money... I don't really see a great future for him as an NFL QB.

RealBronco
09-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Hope he saves his nice first round draft pick money... I don't really see a great future for him as an NFL QB. which first round money? wasn't he drafted in the first round of the MLB? I'm pretty sure he saved up that money.

kratos_godofwar
09-09-2012, 10:57 PM
I still can't believe they drafted him in all honesty.

LOL, exactly. Weeden should've been a 4th rounder at best. The Browns could have had Russel Wilson who has looked great all pre-season. Also looked good against Zona too. Or they could have surrounded Trent Richardson with some better O-Lineman. The Browns had many opportunities to get a better QB than Weeden, either through the draft, trade or FA.

BroncoFanBoy
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Must suck to be a Browns fan... I'm sure Weeden will either play better or be benched. There is no way the Browns will let that type of performance continue. I am amazed they only lost by one point. Usually if you commit that many turnovers, you would surrender more points. I guess Philly just had a bad day.

BroncosDivision
09-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Oh, by the way.

It's a start. :dance:

Frankenpost
09-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Wow lost by +1 point.

Charlie had to be pretty excited to have the lead with less then a minute to go, but then the inevitable happened.

One can only imagine What If McCoy started, even if he threw 3 Int's they might of won.

Was 5.1 Weeden's QB rating or was that how many Int's he threw? That's gotta hurt.

-Rod-
09-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Give Weeden a break. He is a just a kid, he is still young and... Oh, never mind.

DoomTrooper
09-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I think they should've given Colt at least another season or two. He played well despite the team he played on.

The Browns reaching for WEEDon in the first round just sums up the problems they've had for the last 20+ years. They need to get rid of Holmgren and get a real, actual GM, and quit making rash, stupid over reactions at QB.

That's my just my opinion.

Fitzmagic
09-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh, by the way.

Don't worry, in a couple of weeks Weeden gets to face the Bills. Not only will he have a near perfect QB rating, he may be benched at halftime, not because of poor play from him, but theres no point in playing him when you're up by 30.

DoomTrooper
09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Don't worry, in a couple of weeks Weeden gets to face the Bills. Not only will he have a near perfect QB rating, he may be benched at halftime, not because of poor play from him, but theres no point in playing him when you're up by 30.

Man, I actually felt sorry for Fitzpatrick. I bet Vince Young threw his television against the wall at halftime...

It was ugly.

Fitzmagic
09-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Man, I actually felt sorry for Fitzpatrick. I bet Vince Young threw his television against the wall at halftime...

It was ugly.

Fitzpatrick is the one I feel bad for as well. He didn't ask to be thrown to the wolves, he was drafted in the 7th round for a reason, he was a career backup for a reason. Gailey tried to make him into something he's not, he isn't a franchise QB, he isn't a superstar or even a starter. Fitz tries as hard as he can every game, he gives a ton of effort and his teammates love him, unfortunately he just isn't good enough and it all falls on Gaileys shoulders.

DoomTrooper
09-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Fitzpatrick is the one I feel bad for as well. He didn't ask to be thrown to the wolves, he was drafted in the 7th round for a reason, he was a career backup for a reason. Gailey tried to make him into something he's not, he isn't a franchise QB, he isn't a superstar or even a starter. Fitz tries as hard as he can every game, he gives a ton of effort and his teammates love him, unfortunately he just isn't good enough and it all falls on Gaileys shoulders.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

HUMCALC
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Sorry Charlie

BroncoFanBoy
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Buffalo has the second best team in that division. Sure, Fitzpatrick isn't great, but they do have talent on that team. Do not let the loss to the Jets fool you.

Amari24
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
It's funny how set in stone the future of this organization is, but pathetic at the same time.

Just like I told other Browns fans all off season and I've been agreeing with Charlie as well. Weeden was a terrible pick and will have a terrible season. I'm expecting him to finish the year with more picks than TD's. Weeden, already 29 I think, will be out the league in 2-3 years.

The clowns in the FO who actually approved of drafting him in the 1st needs to be fired on the spot. They could've got Alshon Jeffery or Stephen Hill at that pick.

Weeden will be replaced by McCoy come BYE week. The Browns will get the #1 pick and draft Matt Barkley come April and Shurmur will be fired.

Jay3
09-10-2012, 01:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jknie.jpg

getlynched47
09-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Buffalo has the second best team in that division. Sure, Fitzpatrick isn't great, but they do have talent on that team. Do not let the loss to the Jets fool you.

:laugh: Don't let your hate for the Jets fool you. I don't like the Jets either, but it's CLEARLY EVIDENT that the Jets are the 2nd best team in that division behind the Patriots. Dolphins and Bills are duking it out for bottom-of-the-barrel in that division.

BroncoFanBoy
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
:laugh: Don't let your hate for the Jets fool you. I don't like the Jets either, but it's CLEARLY EVIDENT that the Jets are the 2nd best team in that division behind the Patriots. Dolphins and Bills are duking it out for bottom-of-the-barrel in that division.

I don't hate the Jets, but I still feel that they have too many distractions. Obviously Tebow is still one of them. I honestly do not think Buffalo is that bad of a team.

Andyy_47
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Are the Browns in "win now" mode with Weeden? I can't decide.

CoryWinget81
09-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Win what?

Matt Barkley?

Freyaka
09-10-2012, 05:29 PM

No joke...drafted him in 3 leagues lost 2 out of 3 last night because my RB's (the other of which was turner in one league) just laid big fat fricken eggs..

Charlie Brown
09-10-2012, 06:20 PM

You mean Fitzpatrick may be benched - not WEEDen. Fitzpatrick will have a lot of fun - probably a career game.

I fully expect the Bills to win by multiple touchdowns.

Jay3
09-10-2012, 06:51 PM

Weeden = Plan A.

assassin216
09-11-2012, 04:46 AM
What are your thoughts on the defense....I thought they played very well....

Chillez
09-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Looks like Weeden will end up being a bust. At least Brown fans might end up with #1 pick in next years draft. Matt Barkley 2013.

Dirty Bird
09-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Browns should've won, this blows.

Broncos-R-Great
09-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I really wonder what's going on with the Brown's FO, are they trying to suck on purpose? lol

Fitzmagic
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM

I don't think the Jets are great, but they are better than Buffalo based on coaching alone. We have talent on paper but no one that knows how to utilize it.

You mean Fitzpatrick may be benched - not WEEDen. Fitzpatrick will have a lot of fun - probably a career game.

I fully expect the Bills to win by multiple touchdowns.

I wish I could believe that myself, but I truly believe the Browns defense will, even without Haden, shut down Fitz. I see a 150 yard 2 INT game for Pickspatrick.

Mk2_Tebow
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM

The title of the thread is EPIC Charlie Brown :-)

Its hard to understand why Weeden was named the starter so early on and yes if Colt would have played you would have won that game no doubt.

They should've got Tim Tebow.

All Joking aside , in that game Tebow would have game managed and grinded out a win against the She-agels.

I don't hate the Jets, but I still feel that they have too many distractions. Obviously Tebow is still one of them. I honestly do not think Buffalo is that bad of a team.

You would think that Sanchez and the jets playing stellar (in all facets of the game, offense, defense and special teams) would have put to bed the "Tebow is a distraction " stuff....

-Rod-
09-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I wonder how the Browns locker room is feeling about the QB situation. They don't have just a bad QB out there. They have a QB that got the job from the start, without any competition. Weeden is not ready to play in the NFL and Colt McCoy is not allowed to play, even if he clearly gives the Browns a better chance to win. This situation can divide a locker room, or maybe the entire roster is already frustrated at this point. Coaches talk so much about competition and having your best players on the field. Practice what you preach.

Charlie Brown
09-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I wonder how the Browns locker room is feeling about the QB situation. They don't have just a bad QB out there. They have a QB that got the job from the start, without any competition. Weeden is not ready to play in the NFL and Colt McCoy is not allowed to play, even if he clearly gives the Browns a better chance to win. This situation can divide a locker room, or maybe the entire roster is already frustrated at this point. Coaches talk so much about competition and having your best players on the field. Practice what you preach.

Here is an article I saw earlier:

LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20138728/browns-coach-pat-shurmur-stares-down-fans-calling-for-colt-mccoy)

The reporter aimed his mini video camera at Cleveland Browns coach Pat Shurmur and asked him what he would say to Browns fans "clamoring" for Colt McCoy to replace Brandon Weeden as the starting quarterback.

After one game.

One horrible game, granted. But one game.

"Clamoring for Colt?" Shurmur asked. "Brandon Weeden is our starter and he's going to get better. That's what I'm going to tell them. I'm looking right into that little camera thing. By the way, that thing creeps me out."

Not nearly as much as Browns fans were bummed out by the performance of Weeden (12-35-118, 4 INTs, 0 TDs) in his NFL debut. Weeden missed wide open throws to wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi and tight end Alex Smith in the end zone.

Either one could have turned defeat into victory. His last interception was wildly overthrown and killed any comeback hopes as the Eagles clinched the 17-16 victory.

Weeden's inaccuracy was stunning considering he hit 70 percent of his passes his senior year at Oklahoma State.

Smith recalled Weeden being "upbeat" as he left the locker room to start the second half.

"He was still cool, calm and collected in the huddle," Smith said. "It's unfortunate that he had to struggle a little bit more [in the second half]. But I expect nothing more than for Brandon to come out slinging and have the best game [Sunday in Cincinnati]."

-Rod-
09-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Weeden did not run a pro-style offense at OSU. He threw a lot of screen passes that helped his completion percentage, and he had Justin Blackmon dominating the secondaries. I'm not saying I knew he was going to be so bad. I really had no idea, but I guess it was possible to think he was far from a polished quarterback. Some analysts also questioned Weeden's pocket presence, something that might explain so many interceptions against a professional pass rush. Weeden had some great throws in college, but I believe he had a clean pocket and a simple offensive system.

Looking at the Browns nowadays makes me thing about that 10-6 team from 2007. They changed quarterbacks multiple times, changed coaches, general manager... And they still haven't found a way to be competitive again. I think the Browns are one of those teams that suffer from lack of continuity. They are always changing their direction, and it looks like Pat Shurmur will not be the head coach next year. The new owner might even clean the front office. Maybe Weeden will not even get another season.

Charlie Brown
09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Looking at the Browns nowadays makes me thing about that 10-6 team from 2007. They changed quarterbacks multiple times, changed coaches, general manager... And they still haven't found a way to be competitive again. I think the Browns are one of those teams that suffer from lack of continuity. They are always changing their direction, and it looks like Pat Shurmur will not be the head coach next year. The new owner might even clean the front office. Maybe Weeden will not even get another season.

That 10-6 season was fake. Anderson was the worst quarterback the Browns have had in my memory (though WEEDen may end up even lower than that). The 10-6 season was not a good season at ALL. The Browns had an easy schedule that allowed Anderson to surprise people by simply lobbing the ball up there hoping somebody would get it. He got lucky. Simple as that. He did not and still does not know how to read a defense. The last time the Browns were good was when Tim Couch was there under Butch Davis. Those teams were competitive and that is also the last time that the Browns DID make the playoffs.

Crennel was a horrible coach and that 10-6 season was a complete illusion. Mangini, though, had the team headed in the right direction and it was Mangini's team that beat surprised the Patriots and Saints - NOT SHURMUR (who was with the Rams). People on here love to mention those games and say: "Hey, the Browns are better than you think they beat the Patriots and Saints..." Yea, under Mangini. The coach that everyone outside of Cleveland hated.

Denver_oner
09-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Hahaha still cannot believe they used him as the 22 pick. They wasted it badly. Weeden must of got a big 1st rounder contract.

Should of stayed with mc'coy as starter or buy a decent backup/starter Qb of FA, They must have alot of cash left to use of the salary cap.

Jay3
09-12-2012, 05:18 AM
Yea, under Mangini. The coach that everyone outside of Cleveland hated.

I like Mangini (as a coach). I never could figure out why it seems like he's perpetually coaching under duress and bad mojo. It's like everyone that hires him starts out with the attitude "Okay, I don't like you, but here you go, here's our team."

Charlie Brown
09-12-2012, 09:01 AM
I like Mangini (as a coach). I never could figure out why it seems like he's perpetually coaching under duress and bad mojo. It's like everyone that hires him starts out with the attitude "Okay, I don't like you, but here you go, here's our team."

I loved Mangini. He had the team competitive and moving in the right direction. Sure, the team didn't win a lot of games but they lost a number of extremely close games. Shurmur has the team moving in the other direction - just look at the QB position. Mangini had Anderson and Quinn (who were horrible). They were replaced by Delhomme (horrible) and he was replaced to McCoy, who was world's better than Anderson, Quinn, and Delhomme and was the best QB the team has had since Couch. But, once again everyone outside of Cleveland gets what they want. McCoy is no longer the QB like everyone outside of Cleveland wanted. Now, the QB that everyone outside of Cleveland wanted is being coached by the coach that everyone outside of Cleveland wanted.

The team needs to build on what they have - not tear down what they have. McCoy was progressing. So, get talent around him and let him do his thing! But ... N O O O O. Instead, the team replaces McCoy because that'll only make things better, right?!

:sigh:

one5beast
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2taHs0CcAI9d6T.png:large

Lol.............WIDE. OPEN

He threw it to the right to Marecic but look how open Watson is to the left.

D Diddy
09-13-2012, 06:05 PM
The Browns fans should call for Colt Mccoy immediately. Weeden sucks, and the Browns fans will start chanting his Mccoy's name at the next home game WHEN Weeden stink it up again. Weeden was handed the job by Shermer/Holmgren and did not earn it, Mccoy out played him in preseason and in camp with the 2nd team offense. It will be like the Orton/Tebow controversy, except no one outside of Cleveland will care.

elway93
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM

I drafted him too :sad:

HUMCALC
09-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I knew better than to draft a CLE player

DenverBlood
09-16-2012, 05:45 PM
So what are all you overreactors especially Charlie brown saying after today's game? The loss clearly wasn't Weeden or Trent's fault. Both were stellar today.

// / yardo
09-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Go paint fans in stadium seats on your toilet bowl -- browns to the Super Bowl everyday.

Charlie Brown
09-16-2012, 07:34 PM
So what are all you overreactors especially Charlie brown saying after today's game? The loss clearly wasn't Weeden or Trent's fault. Both were stellar today.

So?

WEEDen still sucks. Throwing two touchdown passes against the Bengals is all fine and dandy - but wait till he is against the Ravens and Steelers. He threw FOUR interceptions against the Eagles. The Eagles are not the Ravens nor the Steelers.

MorenoFan27
09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
So?

WEEDen still sucks. Throwing two touchdown passes against the Bengals is all fine and dandy - but wait till he is against the Ravens and Steelers. He threw FOUR interceptions against the Eagles. The Eagles are not the Ravens nor the Steelers.

So basically even though your two main rookies played really well today, you still hate on your team? I honestly don't get you. I have rarely ever seen you post something good about the Browns, or get behind the players your team has drafted. Secondly, you make these threads on a Broncos forum? and third, WEEDen isn't funny and you use it every time as if you think it'll make someone laugh or something. It's Weeden and in two games he played awful, and then great, but in your mind he still sucks. Here's an idea give the players a chance and be a real fan and support your team no matter what. I hated Tebow when he was here, I thought he sucked, but I would cheer for him every game. You post these threads and make it sound like you hope Weeden sucks against the Ravens and Steelers instead of being happy him and Trent played great today.

Charlie Brown
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
So basically even though your two main rookies played really well today, you still hate on your team?

The team is 0-2 and I have ZERO faith in the future ownership nor in the coaching staff. The team is looking at a possible 2-14 season and if the team had any chance to win any games it is now. The team lost both games and are playing against the Bills next week - the same BIlls that just destroyed the Chiefs.

I honestly don't get you. I have rarely ever seen you post something good about the Browns, or get behind the players your team has drafted.

The team is horribly run. The coaches are not good. The team is not competitive. Sure, on the scoreboard it looks like it is "close" but it is not. The only reason it is "close" is because of mistakes the other team makes. The Bengals had numerous chances to put this game away. Leading by two scores throughout most of the game.

Secondly, you make these threads on a Broncos forum?

No, I make it in the "Other Teams" forum.

And third, WEEDen isn't funny and you use it every time as if you think it'll make someone laugh or something. It's Weeden and in two games he played awful, and then great, but in your mind he still sucks.

Yea, he does suck. The front office was smoking WEED when they drafted him, hence WEEDen. He has TWO touchdowns FOUR interceptions and TWO fumbles after two games. Yet, you expect me to be happy about that?

Here's an idea give the players a chance and be a real fan and support your team no matter what.

Been doing that for 17 years. In those seventeen years the team has gotten worse and worse. The team is at the point now where they are a Comedy of Errors.

I hated Tebow when he was here, I thought he sucked, but I would cheer for him every game.

Did you love McDaniels and support him 1000% every step of the way? I highly doubt it. Imagine if your team was owned by McDaniels, coached by McDaniels, and you only had to look forward to is more McDaniels. Now, tell me you wouldn't be bitter?!

BroncoFanBoy
09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
If I were a Browns fan, I would be glad to see improvement from Weeden. I say give him a few more weeks until we FULLY know how he is.

HUMCALC
09-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Be content with the progress made so far

Charlie Brown
09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Be content with the progress made so far

Be content with 0-2? While having the team face what most likely will be a 0-6 start?

Hell no.

theMileHighGuy
09-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Be content with 0-2? While having the team face what most likely will be a 0-6 start?

Hell no.

Well the Bengals run D is no slouch. No reason to hate on Richardson looking good and healthy. weedEN however has a lot to prove still.

baphamet
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
why do you guys argue with CB? let him be miserable in peace. he would be pissed off if they won the SB. :laugh:

#24 Next Champ
09-17-2012, 09:31 AM
I just hate continuously reading "WEEDen" even tho I don't like Weeden, it's silly

And for the record even someone who is high would not have drafted him in the first.....only the Browns lol

canadiansbronco
09-17-2012, 09:45 AM
why do you guys argue with CB? let him be miserable in peace. he would be pissed off if they won the SB. :laugh:

Couldn't agree more for once lol

BroncoFanNC
09-17-2012, 10:02 AM
weEDen, WEeden, weeDEN,WEEden,wEEDen,wEEDEn,weedEN.

I'm sure there are a few more....

Charlie Brown
09-17-2012, 10:26 AM

I would be very happy if the team won the Super Bowl. The Browns tradition is being a constant playoff contender and having a great rivalry with the Steelers - with the two teams fighting for the division crown.

That is where the Browns traditionally are. The team that is currently playing is so far removed from that - that they don't even qualify as the Browns.

Untill that day comes, the team that is currently playing isn't worthy of being called the Browns.

BroncosPWNn00bs
09-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Not sure why there is so much hosility going on in here. I think everyone is going to look back at this Browns draft and see how the Browns dynasty got started. It may not start off great, as I think the Browns will go 10-6 or 11-5 this year.

But in 2-3 years, Weeden will be throwing for 4000 plus yards and 30 + TDs, while Trent Beasterson will be having 1500 yard , 15 + TD seasons.

In 3 years Brandon Weeden will be holding up the Lombardi Trophy. The Browns are growing right beneath our eyes, and we are all just witnesses. :salute:

baphamet
09-23-2012, 08:24 AM
I would be very happy if the team won the Super Bowl. The Browns tradition is being a constant playoff contender and having a great rivalry with the Steelers - with the two teams fighting for the division crown.

That is where the Browns traditionally are. The team that is currently playing is so far removed from that - that they don't even qualify as the Browns.

Untill that day comes, the team that is currently playing isn't worthy of being called the Browns.

i was obviously joking, although i do wonder if you would change your tune on all the terrible players, coaches, and management you say the browns have every year, if they won the SB.

BroncoFanBoy
09-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Not sure why there is so much hosility going on in here. I think everyone is going to look back at this Browns draft and see how the Browns dynasty got started. It may not start off great, as I think the Browns will go 10-6 or 11-5 this year.

But in 2-3 years, Weeden will be throwing for 4000 plus yards and 30 + TDs, while Trent Beasterson will be having 1500 yard , 15 + TD seasons.

In 3 years Brandon Weeden will be holding up the Lombardi Trophy. The Browns are growing right beneath our eyes, and we are all just witnesses. :salute:

Charlie's gonna like this post!

But how is 10-6 or 11-5 not great? That would be incredible, knowing how tough of a schedule the Browns have.

Charlie Brown
09-23-2012, 11:01 AM

Come now, you cannot believe that.

WEEDen is getting outplayed by Ryan Fitzpatrick. Heck, Ryan Fitzpatrick is outplaying Trent Richardson too, and Fitzpatrick isn't even a running back!

one5beast
09-23-2012, 12:03 PM
http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/a48b51126c551edc646123abc5c88320_large

Charlie Brown
09-23-2012, 01:20 PM
http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/a48b51126c551edc646123abc5c88320_large

That picture is extremely inaccurate.

In order for anyone to take a team, there must first be a team to take.

Charlie Brown
09-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Speaking of WEEDen, after three games:

3 touchdowns, 6 interceptions,

*sigh*

In two more games, he'll probably match Colt McCoy's seasn total for interceptions last year.

BroncoFanBoy
09-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Charlie, I know Brandon has played terrible, but there is one thing I am very sure he's good at:

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2007/01/22/mcdonalds.jpg

If football doesn't work for him, I'm sure he would win a few employee of the month awards here!

Hope I helped.

Frankenpost
09-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Speaking of WEEDen, after three games:

3 touchdowns, 6 interceptions,

*sigh*

In two more games, he'll probably match Colt McCoy's seasn total for interceptions last year.

That's ok Charlie, they say it takes a few years for a #1 pick QB to get his game going.

He's young, only 29 yrs old, by the time he's 32 he should start living up to his #1 pick staus.

And then the skies the limit. :coffee:

kratos_godofwar
11-10-2012, 12:47 AM
LOL, this thread has been so fun to read. The Browns have only been in games because of their D. Weeden has played like a rookie, which is terrible. Because he was supposed to be playing like a Vet, LOL. Oh man, at least they've gotten rid of Holgrem.

I bet that if the Browns get the 1st overall, they won't draft Barkley. Barkley is going to be a Cheifs.