PDA

View Full Version : Bears vs Packers

#24 Next Champ
09-13-2012, 06:27 PM
I guess one thing I've overlooked evaluating this game, and their season in general, is how bad the Bears offensive line is, they suck

Feel bad for Cutler

#24 Next Champ
09-13-2012, 06:43 PM
What a fake...nicee

JohnShaft
09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
They have been complete a**e, I have to agree.

Cutler has held on to the ball too long at times though. I don't know if that's him, the WR's not getting open, or the routes being too long. We also need to rollout.

elway93
09-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Everyone in the league could tear up this awful pass defense of the Packers. Wait, everyone except Cutler apparently...

#24 Next Champ
09-13-2012, 06:49 PM
That's not a pick, but they'll call it one

What's the point of these reviews if it's impossible to overturn a call? That ball without a doubt hit the ground

Chillez
09-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Rodgers hasn't been his amazing self compared last season. I know it's early but I think Manning will have better year. Who do you pick?

JohnShaft
09-13-2012, 06:53 PM
They overturned the 12 on the field call.

They didn't overturn the blatantly wrong call on Sunday when GB held two on a PR TD.

GB's been getting ref help for years. Seems replacements are no different.

elway93
09-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah that GB offense has looked out of sync. I'm sure they'll snap out of it eventually though. I think Manning could potentially have a better season. I'm glad to see Cutler struggling, as usual!

InElwayWeTrust
09-13-2012, 06:54 PM
There's already a thread about Cutler's zero points.

#24 Next Champ
09-13-2012, 06:57 PM
They overturned the 12 on the field call.

They didn't overturn the blatantly wrong call on Sunday when GB held two on a PR TD.

GB's been getting ref help for years. Seems replacements are no different.

The Boldin TD in BAL was without a doubt the worst non overturned call ever...obvious no TD but nope it wasn't "conclusive"...BS

Chillez
09-13-2012, 07:03 PM
I was way way more scared of GB coming into the season. Now not so much. It's early but I don't fear them much as before.

Chillez
09-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Bears need back it up on offense they played poorly in 1st half.

elway93
09-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I was way way more scared of GB coming into the season. Now not so much. It's early but I don't fear them much as before.

I was predicting Green Bay and Chicago as the two best teams in the NFC this year. I'm second guessing myself.

ERoyal248
09-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Rodgers hasn't been his amazing self compared last season. I know it's early but I think Manning will have better year. Who do you pick?

Rodgers, Bears play him well.

Same with the Packers on Cutler. I think he had like 1 TD, 5 or 6 INT's in Lambeau.

ERoyal248
09-13-2012, 07:14 PM

Bears and Packers games are always like this.

They know each other so welll.

Also, really impressed with Tim Jennings.

Broncos-R-Great
09-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Cee Lo Green,really? They couldn't find anybody better?

JohnShaft
09-13-2012, 07:39 PM
God this is rough. No way Packers D is this good. Bears O always saves its worst games for their Swiss Cheese D.

elway93
09-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Wasn't Cutler talking trash about how the Packers defense wouldn't be able to stop him? He must have meant they wouldn't be able to stop him from embarrassing himself...

Broncos-R-Great
09-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow Bears... Chicago is cursed, it's cause they built the city on Indian land

elway93
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
More like Jay BUTTler!!! Amiright?

Broncos-R-Great
09-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Hmmm, shouldn't have started Marshall in fantasy

Chillez
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Rodgers, Bears play him well.

Same with the Packers on Cutler. I think he had like 1 TD, 5 or 6 INT's in Lambeau.

They do I agree. But Rodgers and O don't look as good or efficient compared last season thus far.

Chillez
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Game over. That INT killed them.

KoolBreeze
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
The interception machine strikes again. Go Cutler! Haha

Chillez
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Bears and Packers games are always like this.

They know each other so welll.

Also, really impressed with Tim Jennings.

It's just 2 games but eh who knows right now. Yeah Tim Jennings does look good.

bahn
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Cutler sucks

Tebow>>>>Cutles

elway93
09-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Hmmm, shouldn't have started Marshall in fantasy

I started Marshal too... and Cutler:doh: They've gotten me -2 points.

Chillez
09-13-2012, 08:10 PM

Ouch man. That sucks. :ugh:

Broncos-R-Great
09-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Lol, that's rough. I really thought Cutler and Marshall were going to light it up

ERoyal248
09-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Bears OL is turrible.

I won't want to imagine what the Niners Front 7 will do to them...

ERoyal248
09-13-2012, 08:16 PM
God this is rough. No way Packers D is this good. Bears O always saves its worst games for their Swiss Cheese D.

This good, no, but they aren't as bad as last week showed.

And for whatever reason, they frustrate the crap out of Cutler.

JohnShaft
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
This good, no, but they aren't as bad as last week showed. And for whatever reason, they frustrate the crap out of Cutler.
I think he knows how big the games are. And he gets amped up to much, or feels the pressure.

Same happens with him in night games in general.

He needs to get past it.

elway93
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Lol, that's rough. I really thought Cutler and Marshall were going to light it up

That's what I thought. The Packers D gets torn up all the time, but for whatever reason they own Cutler.

Chillez
09-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Bears OL is turrible.

I won't want to imagine what the Niners Front 7 will do to them...

Imagine how many sacks we put up against them. I gotta say maybe 10 sacks. :eek:

Chillez
09-13-2012, 08:37 PM
As Cutler fan man this might be worst game as a pro. Time to go back to bench he's playing horrible. Ugh... "sigh"

Frenchy180
09-13-2012, 08:55 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/251748_4425414630649_1137326857_n.jpg

#24 Next Champ
09-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Imagine how many sacks we put up against them. I gotta say maybe 10 sacks. :eek:

9ers front is better than ours

one5beast
09-13-2012, 09:16 PM
@JosinaAnderson: Classic---> RT @peggykusinski: Cutler asked if after last week he thought this could happen, "yeah I dream about 7 sacks & throwing 4 picks"

elway93
09-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Every time I watch Cutler play the Packers I go from hating him to feeling sorry and embarrassed for him.

Chillez
09-13-2012, 10:42 PM
9ers front is better than ours

I agree but still if Bears offensive line shows up tonight like they did, 10 sacks not out of the question for us. We also have better front line than the Packers.

bahn
09-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Too bad we're not playing the Bears this season

Chillez
09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Too bad we're not playing the Bears this season

Unless it's the SB but that wont happen.

CoryWinget81
09-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Unless it's the SB but that wont happen.

Superbowl?

SUPERBOWL?

BEARS?

SUPERBOWL?!?!

HAH.

Chillez
09-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Superbowl?

SUPERBOWL?

BEARS?

SUPERBOWL?!?!

HAH.

I meant them not us lol. They wont make it.

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Jay Cutler deserves a lot of this, even though his line looked bad. He doesnt go to his hot reads. The Packers were not doing anything to disguise any pass rush. When they are coming and showing it, the QB needs to know where the hot reads are, or call them in the form of audibling. He doesnt. He seemlingly cant.

He doesnt have the excuse that Martz wont let him audlible.

No, it cant be such a coincidence. I will also remind everyone here that in 2008 Cutler was sacked 11 times in 616 attempts. Read that again. 11 sacks in 616 attempts. Cutler still had the second most ints in the league and the most red zone picks in the NFL.

No, I am sick of the excuses people use for this guy with his disgusting attitude and it is a disgusting attitude.

When things dont go his way, there are 7 year old children that dont act like he does. He leaves little in the form of inspiring the team around him.

rusty_thomson
09-14-2012, 05:33 AM
I just watched his post game interview here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062062/article/charles-woodson-on-cutler-same-old-jay

And there are so many subtleties of his actions which just make me think he's not a team player and a cancer.

- The Video shows him yelling at lineman etc and even following lovie smith down the sidelines where he is ignoring him
- His sarchastic responses and non-caring attitude even though he says he cares ("yeah I dream of throwing 4 picks and being sacked 7 times")
- He says he cares and if they want a quarterback who doesn't care then get somebody else (seems like he doesn't have any pride for his team, just let me go)
- Kept reiterating GB was playing 2 man and almost deflecting against his performance (e.g. wasn't my fault)
- Seemed to blame the coaches game plan for not adjusting and letting GB's defense have an easy game
- His haircut looks so stupid now haha

- One thing is however he doesn't say "you know" anywhere near as much as he used to, so much less annoying haha

In total I am happy he's gone. I didn't think it at the time but now I am super happy. It helps we have peton now too :D :D

ArchAngel
09-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Great arm, but cant read a defense to save his faith. I think he's so waaay over confident in his ability to get the ball downfield that it creates problems. Just not a team player. The image of him taking himself out of the NFC Championship game 3 years ago will be his lasting legacy.

Hadez
09-14-2012, 06:07 AM
If I remember correctly there was a time when Peyton was being given crap because he said in an interview too much about his OL being responsible for a playoff loss.

Think it was the playoff loss to Pitt in fact when Pitt then beat us next week in the AFC Conf game. IIRC the Colts OL could not block the OLBs for Pitt and Manning said his OL needs to do a better job...then of course people like the OP bashed him for saying too much and not being a "team player"

Point is...people get on these players far too much imo

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 06:13 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs766.ash1/165762_1671317255946_1027809747_3550330_3915990_n. jpg

Spice 1
09-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Old Jay reared his ugly head last night. You guys see the post game interview? Guy is kind of freaking out. I think he gets a little neurotic during games. Maybe that's part of it. Who knows. Can't keep forcing throws like that though. Definitely not the answer. If he turns back into the old Jay, it opens the door for Detroit.

AC1
09-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Jay Cutler deserves a lot of this, even though his line looked bad. He doesnt go to his hot reads. The Packers were not doing anything to disguise any pass rush. When they are coming and showing it, the QB needs to know where the hot reads are, or call them in the form of audibling. He doesnt. He seemlingly cant.

He doesnt have the excuse that Martz wont let him audlible.

No, it cant be such a coincidence. I will also remind everyone here that in 2008 Cutler was sacked 11 times in 616 attempts. Read that again. 11 sacks in 616 attempts. Cutler still had the second most ints in the league and the most red zone picks in the NFL.

No, I am sick of the excuses people use for this guy with his disgusting attitude and it is a disgusting attitude.

When things dont go his way, there are 7 year old children that dont act like he does. He leaves little in the form of inspiring the team around him.

"Disgusting attitude"?!! The guy was out there giving it all, trying to make something happen. Did you see Rodgers throw a childish temper tantrum (that's 7-year old for you right there) at James Jones because he threw a pick that was someone else's fault? Jones cut off one route and it wasn't costing them the game, just hurting Rodgers' numbers. Have you ever seen Rodgers that mad when they lost a game?! Cutler has never gotten after his line when they were simply getting him beaten up, if they were ahead.

As for the interceptions, did you even see the game last night?! The majority of Cutler's sacks happened before he could finish his drop. Two of his interceptions should have been overturned (ball hit the ground and defender didn't have control) and one was Bennett's fault. The worst throw of the night was Rodgers hitting Briggs between the numbers, and that wasn't intercepted.

Cutler made some bad throws, mostly in the second half when his team was down two scores. But that's something you expect from a guy like him. Shanahan once said that some QBs care more about their numbers than winning the game. Those guys have the high passer-ratings but very few come-from-behind victories. Guys like Cutler who don't care about the numbers and only about winning will try to make something happen and if it doesn't come off it looks ugly (like last night), but there's a reason guys like him have a lot of comebacks. The Bears were not going to come back in that game if Cutler kept throwing the ball away. The only way something was going to change was if he took chances. Unfortunately for him and the Bears, they didn't pay off. But his "attitude" is to care more about the team and winning than his own personal stats.

AC1
09-14-2012, 08:06 AM
I just watched his post game interview here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062062/article/charles-woodson-on-cutler-same-old-jay

And there are so many subtleties of his actions which just make me think he's not a team player and a cancer.

- The Video shows him yelling at lineman etc and even following lovie smith down the sidelines where he is ignoring him
- His sarchastic responses and non-caring attitude even though he says he cares ("yeah I dream of throwing 4 picks and being sacked 7 times")
- He says he cares and if they want a quarterback who doesn't care then get somebody else (seems like he doesn't have any pride for his team, just let me go)
- Kept reiterating GB was playing 2 man and almost deflecting against his performance (e.g. wasn't my fault)
- Seemed to blame the coaches game plan for not adjusting and letting GB's defense have an easy game
- His haircut looks so stupid now haha

- One thing is however he doesn't say "you know" anywhere near as much as he used to, so much less annoying haha

In total I am happy he's gone. I didn't think it at the time but now I am super happy. It helps we have peton now too :D :D

Wow, schadenfreude is one thing, but this is ridiculous. I'm thrilled we have Manning and would pick him every day of the week over Cutler (or Rodgers for that matter), but to not realize that this is a guy who has been getting hit more than any other QB in the league is plain stupid. He faced this in Vanderbilt, his first full season with us (2007) and his entire tenure with the Bears. The one year he wasn't running for his life (2008) he played lights out and went to the Pro Bowl.

He's on the money about saying he cares about winning. He's gotten run over because of poor offensive lines and not said anything as long as it didn't cost his team the game. Contrast that with Rodgers chewing out James Jones because he cut off a route. The resulting pick wasn't really going to affect the result of the game at that point, just Rodgers' personal stats. if Rodgers can do that after ONE pick that wasn't his fault, what do you think he would do after multiple years of being rag-dolled because of crappy offensive lines?

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
"Disgusting attitude"?!! The guy was out there giving it all, trying to make something happen. Did you see Rodgers throw a childish temper tantrum (that's 7-year old for you right there) at James Jones because he threw a pick that was someone else's fault? Jones cut off one route and it wasn't costing them the game, just hurting Rodgers' numbers. Have you ever seen Rodgers that mad when they lost a game?! Cutler has never gotten after his line when they were simply getting him beaten up, if they were ahead.

As for the interceptions, did you even see the game last night?! The majority of Cutler's sacks happened before he could finish his drop. Two of his interceptions should have been overturned (ball hit the ground and defender didn't have control) and one was Bennett's fault. The worst throw of the night was Rodgers hitting Briggs between the numbers, and that wasn't intercepted.

Cutler made some bad throws, mostly in the second half when his team was down two scores. But that's something you expect from a guy like him. Shanahan once said that some QBs care more about their numbers than winning the game. Those guys have the high passer-ratings but very few come-from-behind victories. Guys like Cutler who don't care about the numbers and only about winning will try to make something happen and if it doesn't come off it looks ugly (like last night), but there's a reason guys like him have a lot of comebacks. The Bears were not going to come back in that game if Cutler kept throwing the ball away. The only way something was going to change was if he took chances. Unfortunately for him and the Bears, they didn't pay off. But his "attitude" is to care more about the team and winning than his own personal stats.

Are you kidding me? You may very well be the only one that doesnt see the attitude of Cutler.

In 2008 when the Broncos collapsed it was all because of their defense. True their defense was horrible, but in their 8 losses that year, the offense AVERAGED 15.5 points per game. Read that again.

Well, in Denver in 2008 he was sacked 11 times in 616 attempts. I dare you to find a better sack to pass attempt ration than that. He was still the 16th rated QB and was second in the NFL in ints and led the NFL in red zone picks.

While the OL didnt do well, Cutler also deserves blame for not reading blitzes. Not audubling or knowing where the hot reads are. Dont tell me that he wasnt holding on to the ball on at least 3 of the 7 sacks. Dont tell me that he didnt have hot reads he could go to or audible to on 5 of the 7 sacks.

Face it, those of us that thought it was ALL MCDANIELS were DEAD WRONG!

Just admit it.

Even if the Broncos in 2009 traded him away for NOTHING, it would have been better for this franchise. Addition by subtraction.

Oh and as you give him his predicatble excuses about his ints that he threw, it evens out because the Packers DBs dropped at least 3 ints. INTs that were right in their hands.

So, please. Stop with the excuses for this guy. There is a reason why his peers voted him the most hated player in the league over a dog killer and a rapist.

Bronco'sSince77
09-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Jeff George 2.0

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-14-2012, 08:32 AM
If I remember correctly there was a time when Peyton was being given crap because he said in an interview too much about his OL being responsible for a playoff loss.

Think it was the playoff loss to Pitt in fact when Pitt then beat us next week in the AFC Conf game. IIRC the Colts OL could not block the OLBs for Pitt and Manning said his OL needs to do a better job...then of course people like the OP bashed him for saying too much and not being a "team player"

Point is...people get on these players far too much imo

I remember that interview. His exact words were, "we had protection issues", which could be directed at scheme, not just blocking.

BroncoFanBoy
09-14-2012, 08:34 AM
I am amazed that he still can not mature. He is in his 7th NFL season, yet he is still ignoring coaches.

He's got good receivers now, can't use that as an excuse. His offensive line could still use improvement, but he's worked around it before. He has never had a good o-line, yet he took the Bears to the playoffs once. Besides, he can tell the line exactly where to block.

Gsam
09-14-2012, 08:40 AM
I would have paid a lot of money to see his left tackle body slam his pansy ass on the ground. He's a petulant child.

AC1
09-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Are you kidding me? You may very well be the only one that doesnt see the attitude of Cutler.

In 2008 when the Broncos collapsed it was all because of their defense. True their defense was horrible, but in their 8 losses that year, the offense AVERAGED 15.5 points per game. Read that again.

Well, in Denver in 2008 he was sacked 11 times in 616 attempts. I dare you to find a better sack to pass attempt ration than that. He was still the 16th rated QB and was second in the NFL in ints and led the NFL in red zone picks.

While the OL didnt do well, Cutler also deserves blame for not reading blitzes. Not audubling or knowing where the hot reads are. Dont tell me that he wasnt holding on to the ball on at least 3 of the 7 sacks. Dont tell me that he didnt have hot reads he could go to or audible to on 5 of the 7 sacks.

Face it, those of us that thought it was ALL MCDANIELS were DEAD WRONG!

Just admit it.

Even if the Broncos in 2009 traded him away for NOTHING, it would have been better for this franchise. Addition by subtraction.

Oh and as you give him his predicatble excuses about his ints that he threw, it evens out because the Packers DBs dropped at least 3 ints. INTs that were right in their hands.

So, please. Stop with the excuses for this guy. There is a reason why his peers voted him the most hated player in the league over a dog killer and a rapist.

Read my post again. You say he was sacked 11 times in 2008. I said 2008 was the only year in his career he wasn't running for his life, and he made the Pro Bowl. So you agree with me that if he isn't running around for his life, he's a damn good player. Put any other QB with the o-lines he's had (outside of 2008) and you get pretty much the same result.

You must be one of a handful of guys that still thinks McDaniels, the lying, cheat who has had more run-ins than anyone else was in the right then. Heck even Elway said he wouldn't have traded Cutler.

The bottomline is that Cutler has been taking more hits than anyone else the last few years and yesterday was one of the worst examples of it. What makes matters worse was that for once in his tenure in Chicago, he actually had receivers on the outside he could throw it to, if he was only allowed to complete his drop. Rodgers had ONE route cut off and he threw a temper tantrum because it spoiled his passer rating (the game was pretty much decided at that point) and you have ZERO problems with his attitude, but a guy getting on his left-tackle after a game's worth of poor blocking (following a season's worth of poor blocking the year before) shows you an attitude problem. Go figure.

The fact is that you made an intellectually lazy judgment from a few shots shown on television. And you don't like his facial expression. You think that you are so smart that you can judge his character from his facial expression. People like you are the sort that would find fault with philanthropists because you "don't like how he looks". I hope for your sake that you're not in a profession that requires judging people if this is the amount of thought you're going to put into it.

elway93
09-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Can't we all just agree that Cutler is an embarrassment to the National Football League?

AC1
09-14-2012, 09:09 AM
I remember that interview. His exact words were, "we had protection issues", which could be directed at scheme, not just blocking.

He was completely correct in saying that. His line got him killed. Manning, like Cutler, is incredibly competitive and if someone screwing up is costing them the game, they're going to say something.

What shocks me is that no one is talking about Rodgers ripping into James Jones for a route he cut off. The play wasn't going to have any meaningful impact on the result of the game, just Rodgers' passer-rating. That's a shocking example of me-first petulance. Yet, you don't hear anyone talking about it. I guess it helps to have the "athlete of the year" award from the Pro Football Writers Association for being the most accommodating to the media with interviews and such.

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Read my post again. You say he was sacked 11 times in 2008. I said 2008 was the only year in his career he wasn't running for his life, and he made the Pro Bowl. So you agree with me that if he isn't running around for his life, he's a damn good player. Put any other QB with the o-lines he's had (outside of 2008) and you get pretty much the same result.

You must be one of a handful of guys that still thinks McDaniels, the lying, cheat who has had more run-ins than anyone else was in the right then. Heck even Elway said he wouldn't have traded Cutler.

The bottomline is that Cutler has been taking more hits than anyone else the last few years and yesterday was one of the worst examples of it. What makes matters worse was that for once in his tenure in Chicago, he actually had receivers on the outside he could throw it to, if he was only allowed to complete his drop. Rodgers had ONE route cut off and he threw a temper tantrum because it spoiled his passer rating (the game was pretty much decided at that point) and you have ZERO problems with his attitude, but a guy getting on his left-tackle after a game's worth of poor blocking (following a season's worth of poor blocking the year before) shows you an attitude problem. Go figure.

Pro bowl? Really?

Let me give you a few facts about that ridiculous game and what happened that year. Did you know that the pro bowl used to be determined by week 13? Do you know why they stopped that and made the pro bowl selection after the last game? Take a guess. You got it. The fact that Cutler made it over the number 1 rated Rivers and the #2 rated Pennington. Both teams that won their divisions.

Yeah, when Cutler was voted into the pro bowl it was after the Broncos were 8-5.

That game is utterly useless and if we are going to decide pro bowl, we should remember VY was a pro bowler and rookie of the year. That is besides the point. Plummer was a pro bowler in 2005 and had his best season as a pro when he led the team to its last winning season and win over the Pats, breaking their 10 game play win streak.

So much for pro bowls and that insidious point.

Cutler has been a pouty, crying child and he is not inspirational. When things go bad.....he literally pouts like the self entitled, spoiled brat he is.

I know, this all goes back to McDaniels and it is the root of everything that he did. Yeah, Belichick thinks so lowly of him, that he has him as their OC again. Is BB just being nice? Really? Nice?

The point is Cutler has shown it over and over and over again. It was obvious to everyone after that NFCCG where he of course had that torn MCL. Sounds horrible to those who know little about that injury.

MJD played 14 games with that injury. Rivers played a whole game with a far worse version of that injury where he needed surgery. You know.....Cutler hardly limped, jogged to the center of the field, jogged off of the field, and never needed surgery.

Stop making excuses for the guy. He is an embarrassment. I am so glad he is gone, and this franchise is better off with out him and his little childish way.

I also didnt necessarily blame Cutler for yelling at his tackle. However it is his over all gate. The manner in which he carries himself with that sour pus look onhis face that EVERYONE else seems to see except you.

Again, you can make excuses for the 4 ints. I will remind you that GB DBs dropped 3 right intheir hands and therefore things even out.

I will also say that the sociopath did drop that ball, but the ball was not perfctly thrown. Really wasnt.

AC1
09-14-2012, 09:10 AM
I would have paid a lot of money to see his left tackle body slam his pansy ass on the ground. He's a petulant child.

If it meant his left tackle would do his job, I'm betting Cutler would gladly offer it. One body slam by Webb would be much more preferable to the amount of hits Cutler has taken over the years.

TH3JUICEMAN
09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Man the hate for a QB that hasnt been on this roster in how many years is astonishing.

I don't miss him one bit, but..........wow I guess sums it up

ERoyal248
09-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Every time I watch Cutler play the Packers I go from hating him to feeling sorry and embarrassed for him.

Packers own the Bears since Cutler has been QB.

Cutler struggles badly vs them.

He's beaten them once his entire career since with the Bears, and even that game was lucky.

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 09:16 AM

The fact is that you made an intellectually lazy judgment from a few shots shown on television. And you don't like his facial expression. You think that you are so smart that you can judge his character from his facial expression. People like you are the sort that would find fault with philanthropists because you "don't like how he looks". I hope for your sake that you're not in a profession that requires judging people if this is the amount of thought you're going to put into it.

Also, I should mention that he has the freedom to audible this year. Doesnt have that excuse this year. Martz is gone. Ironic, considering his best stretch as a Bear statistically was last year under Martz when he didnt give him the freedom to audible.

How ironic. Please dont tell me his best year was when they went to the play offs with 30TH RANKED OFFENSE in 2010. With a win over the worst play off team in NFL history.

The bottom line is Cutler needs to identify the rush and go to his hot read. Dont tell me he didnt hold the ball on at least 4 of the 7 sacks.

He can audible now....to check downs and hot reads.

Sometimes, the sacks are on the QB too.

You know that right?

ERoyal248
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
LOL at AC still defending him after that god-awful game.

Rodgers wasn't great by any stretch, or his usual self, but Cutler was AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. And yes, the GB DB's dropped at least 2-3 more picks.

Cutler plays like crap vs GB, even if they have a "horrible D"

The #'s don't lie.

flosstein
09-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I am amazed that he still can not mature. He is in his 7th NFL season, yet he is still ignoring coaches.

He's got good receivers now, can't use that as an excuse. His offensive line could still use improvement, but he's worked around it before. He has never had a good o-line, yet he took the Bears to the playoffs once. Besides, he can tell the line exactly where to block.

U mean the good receivers who drop wide open TD passes? Or the ones who don't know how to help their QB in a scramble drill and come back to the ball? He has never worked around that poor excuse for an OL. Matt Forte has been his leading receiver for the past 3 seasons. And just because the QB calls out protections doesn't mean squat. The OL still has to complete the task of blocking the correct man.

I understand that some of you around here don't like him because u all feel butt hurt about some of the things he said on his way out. But you all trashed him repeatedly FIRST!!! So what he wanted out, if somebody wanted to trade u for Matt Cassell, u would instantly see that he was a McDummy and not want to play for him either. But nooooo u all sided with the tool bag of a coach and it brought us right to the basement of the NFL. Thank goodness Bowlen acted so quick and we were able to right the ship so soon. Otherwise 1 more McD season and we would have swapped places with the Lions.

Is he perfect? No. But let's not make stuff up because we want to hate him instead of the hack that tried to trade him for a backup. Then ultimately did trade him for an even worse backup.

AC1
09-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Pro bowl? Really?

Let me give you a few facts about that ridiculous game and what happened that year. Did you know that the pro bowl used to be determined by week 13? Do you know why they stopped that and made the pro bowl selection after the last game? Take a guess. You got it. The fact that Cutler made it over the number 1 rated Rivers and the #2 rated Pennington. Both teams that won their divisions.

Yeah, when Cutler was voted into the pro bowl it was after the Broncos were 8-5.

That game is utterly useless and if we are going to decide pro bowl, we should remember VY was a pro bowler and rookie of the year. That is besides the point. Plummer was a pro bowler in 2005 and had his best season as a pro when he led the team to its last winning season and win over the Pats, breaking their 10 game play win streak.

So much for pro bowls and that insidious point.

Cutler has been a pouty, crying child and he is not inspirational. When things go bad.....he literally pouts like the self entitled, spoiled brat he is.

I know, this all goes back to McDaniels and it is the root of everything that he did. Yeah, Belichick thinks so lowly of him, that he has him as their OC again. Is BB just being nice? Really? Nice?

The point is Cutler has shown it over and over and over again. It was obvious to everyone after that NFCCG where he of course had that torn MCL. Sounds horrible to those who know little about that injury.

MJD played 14 games with that injury. Rivers played a whole game with a far worse version of that injury where he needed surgery. You know.....Cutler hardly limped, jogged to the center of the field, jogged off of the field, and never needed surgery.

Stop making excuses for the guy. He is an embarrassment. I am so glad he is gone, and this franchise is better off with out him and his little childish way.

I also didnt necessarily blame Cutler for yelling at his tackle. However it is his over all gate. The manner in which he carries himself with that sour pus look onhis face that EVERYONE else seems to see except you.

Again, you can make excuses for the 4 ints. I will remind you that GB DBs dropped 3 right intheir hands and therefore things even out.

I will also say that the sociopath dod drop that ball, but the ball was not perfctly thrown. Really wasnt.

You're just reaching now -

1. The Pro Bowl is decided at the same time every year. In 2008, the only QB that did more to carry his team more than Cutler was Peyton Manning. Cutler took the worst starting field position in the league and had the best drive-success-rate that year. He also exposed his defense to the second fewest drives in the league (only the Manning-led Colts faced fewer drives on defense). With a better defense than ours, equally good OL, better pass-catchers and Tomlinson and Sproles in the backfield, Rivers was 5-8, whereas Cutler had us at 8-5 before more injuries in the backfield. For the last three games that Rivers won that year, his defense averaged 3 turnovers a game, whereas ours averaged more than 30 points. Yet, we were a tie-breaker away from the playoffs.

But of course, you chose to ignore the point that the one year Cutler didn't have a terrible line, he played extremely well.

2. Again, you throw out the line that Cutler is a "pouty, entitled brat" as its own evidence. Where is the proof? Your godly "body-language reading skills"? And how does a guy get a sense of entitlement growing up in a blue-collar neighborhood where he worked construction jobs as a teenager? Or playing for lowly Vanderbilt and getting beaten up against the SEC, without once complaining?

Would a "pouty, entitled player" really go through an entire season with undiagnosed type-1 diabetes despite losing 30 pounds, because he never complained about it?

Would the first time you saw a "pouty, entitled player" laying into one of his teammates be after multiple games worth of not doing their jobs? (As an alternative, I give you the great Aaron Rodgers who ripped his teammate on national television after ONE mistake, that affected his personal stats more than the team win).

Would a "pouty, entitled player" tell his friends not to speak to the media about his charity because he doesn't want to draw undue attention to it or refuse to do commercials in his new city until they win a playoff game?

3. You're one of the few remaining people still on McDaniels side. And did you just use the master of spygate, Bill Belichick as a character reference? Wow!

4. You're also one of the last handful of people questioning Cutler's toughness. Ask Urlacher or Kreutz what they thought of the injury (Kreutz was shocked the Cutler went back in for the start of the second half when his knee was buckling when he walked). Rivers left the game where he HAD the injury and played the week after (and was horribly ineffective). MJD sat out the last two games as his team was vying for a playoff position.

5. Every QB has dropped INTs. None was more egregious last night than the throw Rodgers made to Briggs that, to quote Mayock "hit Briggs between the 5 and the 5" which he dropped. While we're on Mayock, his quote on the Marshall TD drop was "I couldn't have walked over and handed him the ball any better; perfect throw". But don't let that inconvenience your own, masterful personal judgment.

RocketArm006
09-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Sure seems like there is always a cutler or tebow thread around here.

I personally think we, as a fan base, should get passed the sour grapes of it all and just simply be happy with what we have now.

It is possible to be excited and happy about the current team without being all haha neenerneener about it.

Just reminds me if that psycho exgirlfriend who still needs to point out how happy she is without you. Let's just move on and enjoy some pfm while it lasts

AC1
09-14-2012, 09:36 AM
LOL at AC still defending him after that god-awful game.

Rodgers wasn't great by any stretch, or his usual self, but Cutler was AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. And yes, the GB DB's dropped at least 2-3 more picks.

Cutler plays like crap vs GB, even if they have a "horrible D"

The #'s don't lie.

Your guy Rodgers has certainly looked better than Manning so far this season, right? And his "usual self" showed up in week one against SF when down by a score late in the fourth quarter he played true to form (3-18 record in those situations).

And in the game last night, Cutler played poorly but he never really had a chance with his pass-protection. We saw how well Cutler played week one once his OL gave him time. You think Rodgers would have done any better behind that sieve of an OL last night? How did you like Rodgers ranting at James Jones for spoiling his passer rating? Can you imagine what he would have done to his OL if they had played like that of the Bears?

Neither QB played well last night. Despite the final score, the difference in the game was the fake FG for a TD that was brilliantly called and executed by the ST.

One player from each team will wake up today feeling embarrassed on national television by his QB. The difference is Webb knows Cutler has waited until the second game of his second season of atrocious performance at LT to lay into him. Jones will wonder why the first route he cut off leading to a pick (that wasn't going to affect the game) led to him being treated the same way.

#87Birdman
09-14-2012, 09:37 AM
He was completely correct in saying that. His line got him killed. Manning, like Cutler, is incredibly competitive and if someone screwing up is costing them the game, they're going to say something.

What shocks me is that no one is talking about Rodgers ripping into James Jones for a route he cut off. The play wasn't going to have any meaningful impact on the result of the game, just Rodgers' passer-rating. That's a shocking example of me-first petulance. Yet, you don't hear anyone talking about it. I guess it helps to have the "athlete of the year" award from the Pro Football Writers Association for being the most accommodating to the media with interviews and such.

Yes because a 20 point lead with over 8 minutes left can not be over come. I mean Tebow never did anything similar to that in less time. You give the ball up that close to the endzone that could be costly. If you are throwing the ball that means you still believe the other team can make a come back. But yup a me first player lol. Bias is strong in that post.

PowderAddict
09-14-2012, 09:37 AM
He's a crybaby, and a terrible leader.

Jeff George 2.0 is a great comparison.

OhBehave30
09-14-2012, 09:41 AM
I do think that he's calling out his coaches subtly and for good reason. Cutler's not that bad of a QB, I really do think that he is severly hindered by the play calling and joke of a coaching staff. Lovie Smith and Mike Tice? Get real.

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 09:47 AM
You're just reaching now -

1. The Pro Bowl is decided at the same time every year. In 2008, the only QB that did more to carry his team more than Cutler was Peyton Manning. Cutler took the worst starting field position in the league and had the best drive-success-rate that year. He also exposed his defense to the second fewest drives in the league (only the Manning-led Colts faced fewer drives on defense). With a better defense than ours, equally good OL, better pass-catchers and Tomlinson and Sproles in the backfield, Rivers was 5-8, whereas Cutler had us at 8-5 before more injuries in the backfield. For the last three games that Rivers won that year, his defense averaged 3 turnovers a game, whereas ours averaged more than 30 points. Yet, we were a tie-breaker away from the playoffs.

But of course, you chose to ignore the point that the one year Cutler didn't have a terrible line, he played extremely well.

2. Again, you throw out the line that Cutler is a "pouty, entitled brat" as its own evidence. Where is the proof? Your godly "body-language reading skills"? And how does a guy get a sense of entitlement growing up in a blue-collar neighborhood where he worked construction jobs as a teenager? Or playing for lowly Vanderbilt and getting beaten up against the SEC, without once complaining?

Would a "pouty, entitled player" really go through an entire season with undiagnosed type-1 diabetes despite losing 30 pounds, because he never complained about it?

Would the first time you saw a "pouty, entitled player" laying into one of his teammates be after multiple games worth of not doing their jobs? (As an alternative, I give you the great Aaron Rodgers who ripped his teammate on national television after ONE mistake, that affected his personal stats more than the team win).

Would a "pouty, entitled player" tell his friends not to speak to the media about his charity because he doesn't want to draw undue attention to it or refuse to do commercials in his new city until they win a playoff game?

3. You're one of the few remaining people still on McDaniels side. And did you just use the master of spygate, Bill Belichick as a character reference? Wow!

4. You're also one of the last handful of people questioning Cutler's toughness. Ask Urlacher or Kreutz what they thought of the injury (Kreutz was shocked the Cutler went back in for the start of the second half when his knee was buckling when he walked). Rivers left the game where he HAD the injury and played the week after (and was horribly ineffective). MJD sat out the last two games as his team was vying for a playoff position.

5. Every QB has dropped INTs. None was more egregious last night than the throw Rodgers made to Briggs that, to quote Mayock "hit Briggs between the 5 and the 5" which he dropped. While we're on Mayock, his quote on the Marshall TD drop was "I couldn't have walked over and handed him the ball any better; perfect throw". But don't let that inconvenience your own, masterful personal judgment.

Cutler did more to "carry his team?"

Dude, seriously. Let me clarify some more facts. Other than the fact that Rivers and Pennington were ranked 1 and 2 in the NFL in passing for teams that won their divisions.

After the first 3 games in 2008, the Broncos went from averaging 36 points per game to 19.6 over their last 13. He had a great OL. He had great WRs. In fact the WRs led the NFL in YAC with 1,895 that year.

Cutler did little to lead this team. The defense was horrible in 2008, but in their 8 losses the Broncos offense only averaged 15.5 points per game.

He collapsed and whined back then the way he whines now.

He is childish punk who tried act as though he was sooooo offended when Mcdaniels fielded calls about a trade involving him.

Yeah, the power play pulled by him and Bus Cook to get him a big contract.

The fan base of course (many of the fan base) bought into that crap.

Players are always discussed in trades and far from a big deal. I didnt see Cutler do much to garner him a franchise QB contract.

ERoyal248
09-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Your guy Rodgers has certainly looked better than Manning so far this season, right? And his "usual self" showed up in week one against SF when down by a score late in the fourth quarter he played true to form (3-18 record in those situations).

And in the game last night, Cutler played poorly but he never really had a chance with his pass-protection. We saw how well Cutler played week one once his OL gave him time. You think Rodgers would have done any better behind that sieve of an OL last night? How did you like Rodgers ranting at James Jones for spoiling his passer rating? Can you imagine what he would have done to his OL if they had played like that of the Bears?

Neither QB played well last night. Despite the final score, the difference in the game was the fake FG for a TD that was brilliantly called and executed by the ST.

One player from each team will wake up today feeling embarrassed on national television by his QB. The difference is Webb knows Cutler has waited until the second game of his second season of atrocious performance at LT to lay into him. Jones will wonder why the first route he cut off leading to a pick (that wasn't going to affect the game) led to him being treated the same way.

Uhh, look who he is playing against. The Niners defense makes a LOT of QB's look bad, and Rodgers wasn't that bad against them.

And the Bears play Rodgers well, and he was missing Jennings. And yes, Rodgers wasn't great last night but they had a few drops.

Yes, the OL was crap, but could of dumped it off or passed it out of bounds. Rodgers is a MVP, and a SB Champion/SB MVP, Cutler will never be in the same strastosphere as Rodgers.

Same ol Jay showed up last night, he gets frustrated and chucks it up. Packers own Cutler, he's beaten them once since he's been with the Bears. They own him, and are in his head.

MegaOrange
09-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Yes because a 20 point lead with over 8 minutes left can not be over come. I mean Tebow never did anything similar to that in less time. You give the ball up that close to the endzone that could be costly. If you are throwing the ball that means you still believe the other team can make a come back. But yup a me first player lol. Bias is strong in that post.

Couldn't agree more, gave them a short field with time on the clock. Not good. You don't give a team that kind of gift. As for Cutler and his line- They may not be great but Cutler/play calling/WR's didn't do much to help them. Check down every once in a while, do some rollouts, anything different. To keep doing 5 step drops and expecting different results is stupid. Cutler is not a leader. He pouts, he yells and when he gets success he gloats. What a waste of a ton of ability.

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I love too how I am on Mcdaniels side cause I am happy Cutler isnt here.

That is a good one.

Love that one.

Orangeisback
09-14-2012, 09:52 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs766.ash1/165762_1671317255946_1027809747_3550330_3915990_n. jpg

BroncoFanDK
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM

The difference is that Rogers (and Manning) are consistently great QB's, that lead and manage their teams. They are class acts, so it is forgiven when they do things wrong.

Cutler is grotesquely overrated. Behaves like a child, and is stupid enough to disparage a corner that has picked him off 4 times in one game. He is 2-11 against Chargers and Green Bay (while in division with them). When you consistently have problems against your chief rivals and you act like a super star people figure it out.

Cutlers ego gets in the way, he cannot read defences to save his soul, and his claim to fame is that he is a Jeff George clone.

BroncoFanDK
09-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Same ol Jay showed up last night, he gets frustrated and chucks it up. Packers own Cutler, he's beaten them once since he's been with the Bears. They own him, and are in his head.

They own him the same way Chargers owned him when he was the Broncos QB - it is a pretty sad fact for an "elite" QB to have a 2-11 career record against your top division rivals.

Gsam
09-14-2012, 10:12 AM

I disagree entirely.

Rodgers should have ripped Jones. This particular play may not have mattered, but it could have cost them dearly in a game that was closer.

JohnShaft
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
The bottom line is Cutler needs to identify the rush and go to his hot read. Dont tell me he didnt hold the ball on at least 4 of the 7 sacks.

He can audible now....to check downs and hot reads.
Sometimes, the sacks are on the QB too. Despite being a Bears (and Cutler) fan, I take your post as a very accurate summing up.

Cutler's head was scrambled by the early pressure (which was exacerbated by the pass-heavy, run-lite, early playcalling).

I just hope they all learn from this one.

AC1
09-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Cutler did more to "carry his team?"

Dude, seriously. Let me clarify some more facts. Other than the fact that Rivers and Pennington were ranked 1 and 2 in the NFL in passing for teams that won their divisions.

After the first 3 games in 2008, the Broncos went from averaging 36 points per game to 19.6 over their last 13. He had a great OL. He had great WRs. In fact the WRs led the NFL in YAC with 1,895 that year.

Cutler did little to lead this team. The defense was horrible in 2008, but in their 8 losses the Broncos offense only averaged 15.5 points per game.

He collapsed and whined back then the way he whines now.

He is childish punk who tried act as though he was sooooo offended when Mcdaniels fielded calls about a trade involving him.

Yeah, the power play pulled by him and Bus Cook to get him a big contract.

The fan base of course (many of the fan base) bought into that crap.

Players are always discussed in trades and far from a big deal. I didnt see Cutler do much to garner him a franchise QB contract.

If you choose to ignore things that are repeatedly pointed out to you and underlined, you are engaging in a discussion with yourself that no one can really help you out with.

If you want a better response, you should extend that courtesy first yourself.

AC1
09-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Uhh, look who he is playing against. The Niners defense makes a LOT of QB's look bad, and Rodgers wasn't that bad against them.

And the Bears play Rodgers well, and he was missing Jennings. And yes, Rodgers wasn't great last night but they had a few drops.

Yes, the OL was crap, but could of dumped it off or passed it out of bounds. Rodgers is a MVP, and a SB Champion/SB MVP, Cutler will never be in the same strastosphere as Rodgers.

You're mistaking "playing badly" for the "same old Rodgers". Against the niners, Rodgers did the same thing he's done throughout his career - put up good numbers and choke in the death (a record of 3-18 when facing a deficit of one score in the fourth quarter). He's a great QB to have when everything is going well. But as Shanahan said, QBs differentiate themselves by how they play when the chips are down. You tried to suggest that Rodgers is better than Brady and Manning earlier this offseason. Neither of them are 3-18 in close games. Rodgers is an elite QB no doubt (and a better QB than Cutler right now), but he has a long way to go before he can be in the same stratosphere as Brady and Manning

As for Cutler, he can do better checking down (we're assuming his check downs were open), but most of his interceptions came in the second half when nothing on offense was working and he was trying to make something happen. One could argue that throwing interceptions doesn't help the cause, but throwing checkdowns on 3rd-and-long when you're down by two scores isn't going to bring your team back. What it does is help your passer-rating. It's clear which of the two Cutler would rather have - better passer-rating or an outside chance of winning. Surely, even you have to give him that.

The thing that amazes me is that a guy like Cutler has had two games in the last three years with 7 and 9 sacks. It's quite evident that he's really good at escaping pressure and getting rid of the ball quickly. One can only wonder what would happen to a QB who doesn't have those strengths, behind that Bears OL.

AC1
09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
I disagree entirely.

Rodgers should have ripped Jones. This particular play may not have mattered, but it could have cost them dearly in a game that was closer.

Would you extend that same evaluation to Cutler ripping his left tackle?

Also, have you ever seen Rodgers that mad about losing a game?

AC1
09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
The difference is that Rogers (and Manning) are consistently great QB's, that lead and manage their teams. They are class acts, so it is forgiven when they do things wrong.

It isn't a Cutler thread without some ridiculous post from you. So Rodgers (I refuse to put him in the same breath as Manning) can "lead" a team because every time he does something which shows poor leadership, you excuse it saying "yeah but he can lead his team". You might want to look up the definition of "circular reasoning".

AC1
09-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Despite being a Bears (and Cutler) fan, I take your post as a very accurate summing up.

Cutler's head was scrambled by the early pressure (which was exacerbated by the pass-heavy, run-lite, early playcalling).

I just hope they all learn from this one.

I don't know that he had a lot of options. The Bears ran a lot of max-protect with only two or three WRs running patterns. The running back and tight-end almost invariably stayed in to block. The shocking thing is the amount of pressure the Packers got even with the Bears running max-protect.

But I agree that they should learn from this. Your line is not built for big plays in the passing game. I would hope the Bears will have a little extra something for the Packers when they meet next time, especially with the way Woodson was diving at Cutler knees.

ERoyal248
09-14-2012, 11:23 AM
You're mistaking "playing badly" for the "same old Rodgers". Against the niners, Rodgers did the same thing he's done throughout his career - put up good numbers and choke in the death (a record of 3-18 when facing a deficit of one score in the fourth quarter). He's a great QB to have when everything is going well. But as Shanahan said, QBs differentiate themselves by how they play when the chips are down. You tried to suggest that Rodgers is better than Brady and Manning earlier this offseason. Neither of them are 3-18 in close games. Rodgers is an elite QB no doubt (and a better QB than Cutler right now), but he has a long way to go before he can be in the same stratosphere as Brady and Manning

As for Cutler, he can do better checking down (we're assuming his check downs were open), but most of his interceptions came in the second half when nothing on offense was working and he was trying to make something happen. One could argue that throwing interceptions doesn't help the cause, but throwing checkdowns on 3rd-and-long when you're down by two scores isn't going to bring your team back. What it does is help your passer-rating. It's clear which of the two Cutler would rather have - better passer-rating or an outside chance of winning. Surely, even you have to give him that.

The thing that amazes me is that a guy like Cutler has had two games in the last three years with 7 and 9 sacks. It's quite evident that he's really good at escaping pressure and getting rid of the ball quickly. One can only wonder what would happen to a QB who doesn't have those strengths, behind that Bears OL.

Yeah, he didn't come back, Niners D makes a lot of teams look bad. Let's see how your boy does against them later in the year. Nothing wrong with that, Niners D is scary good, they make plenty of QB's look bad.

You can make the argument he is regardless of what he is in close games, the hate you have for him is absolutely HILARIOUS! Rodgers will always be a better QB then Cutler. Cutler isn't in the same strastosphere as Rodgers is. Rodgers is a MVP, a SB Champ and widely regarded as one of if not the best QB in football. Putting Cutler and Rodgers in the same sentence is a disgrace to Rodgers.

And right now, Rodgers will always be a better QB over Cutler, not sure what more you need to see to change that. There aren't even Bears fans who would think that. But hey, you think Rodgers is a system QB or is only good b/c of the weapons surrounded by him. Keep making excuses for Cutler, it's cute.

Peyton never had great lines in Indy but was never sacked that often. Vintage Jay showed up last night, when he gets down, he pouts and chucks the ball, throws INT's, etc. Simply put, he played like crap last night, no way to sugarcoat it.

AC1
09-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah, he didn't come back, Niners D makes a lot of teams look bad. Let's see how your boy does against them later in the year. Nothing wrong with that, Niners D is scary good, they make plenty of QB's look bad.

Rodgers is 3-18 in close games. Was he playing the niners in every single one of them? :rolleyes:

And Cutler was trying to make something happen, which is what results in those interceptions sometimes. But it's also the reason he has more than 3 comeback wins. But go right ahead and judge QBs based on the talent around them. Rodgers is the better QB today, but Cutler was better in 2008 when they both had some scheme stability, and given similar stability in schemes could do so again in the future.

orangenightmare
09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Can't decide what was worse: The game itself (ugly game for both teams albeit much worse for chicago), the officiating, or the announcing-mike mayock was really annoying. Also, I'm tired of seeing that weirdo in the blue suit with the beard associated with football.I don't know who he is ( kind of like a clone of the fat guy from hangover) but the nfl needs to get rid of him.

ERoyal248
09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Rodgers is 3-18 in close games. Was he playing the niners in every single one of them? :rolleyes:

And Cutler was trying to make something happen, which is what results in those interceptions sometimes. But it's also the reason he has more than 3 comeback wins. But go right ahead and judge QBs based on the talent around them. Rodgers is the better QB today, but Cutler was better in 2008 when they both had some scheme stability, and given similar stability in schemes could do so again in the future.

Ok, so he's not good in close games, yet he has one of the best passer ratings of all-time, won a league MVP and SB, he must be doing something right.

And no, Cutler will never, ever be a better QB over Rodgers at any point his career, he's a mental midget. And Cutler wasn't better then Rodgers in 08, the only thing he was better in was yards.

I don't know what more you need to see who the superior QB is, not even Bears fans would say this. It's pretty clear who the better QB is, and will continue to be, and it sure as hell isn't Cutler.

Cutler in 08- 62.3%, 4,526 yards, 25 TD's, 18 INT's, 86.0 QBR.

Rodgers in 08- 63.6%, 4,038 yards, 28 TD's, 13 INT's, 93.8 QBR.

So b/c he had more yards means he had a better year?

So please tell me how Cutler was better in 08, in before you make an excuse of him not having a running game and the defense was crap.

CanDB
09-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Let me clarify as best I can. I was happy when we drafted Cutler. But within a year or so I heard some negative stuff about the guy, which I tried to sweep under the rug......because he was our QB. As time went on, I realized that this guy made some poor decisions, AND seemed to lack class.

Sure, loved his arm......when he was not trying to force balls into tiny windows.

Then came the split......really started to dislike the guy. And if Alex Smith has a good year, after hearing rumours about Manning coming to town, he is by far the better man than Jay. Jay thought he was the franchise, whereas Smith loves his franchise.

And since (with The Bears)......well, lots of excuses. Some very poor play mixed in with some decent stuff. And whether ot not he totally deserves it, he is not popular with his peers. Can't even break the top 100 players, based on peer rating (2 straight years). And was very much critized by them in that NFC Final, regardless of how badly hurt he was.

Last night he looked like the Cutler of old......sulking and pointing fingers. And then, giving a hopeless postgame session, although I should have expected it. Not a good loser, to say the least!

Overall, I am very happy that we traded him (although not the trade I would have made). I don't care how good he can be. BUT, I sometimes wonder if he will ever be a top tier QB, given that he doesn't seem to learn much. Last night he should have been picked off about 6 times, and some of those throws were very poorly executed.....he still thinks he can accurately throw passes while employing off balance stances. I don't understand. And even though he was pressured, he had time to throw to alternate targets (other than Marshall), given there must have been a number of man to man options.

Anyway.......maybe Rivers and The Chargers were right about him all along!

One last thing........as for Rodgers comparisons.......not even worth discussing.

PowderAddict
09-15-2012, 09:11 AM
one of Cutler's former teammates has some pretty damning words about him:

http://touch.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-72300545/

Seems like his attitude is his biggest problem.

It's notable that it's a former team captain stating this.

Chillez
09-15-2012, 09:37 AM
As fan of Jay this comparison is pretty close if you think about it. I wont say this players name though. :smug:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1028/pg2_flem1028_576.jpg

Orangeisback
09-15-2012, 10:10 AM
one of Cutler's former teammates has some pretty damning words about him:

http://touch.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-72300545/

Seems like his attitude is his biggest problem.

It's notable that it's a former team captain stating this.

Comments by Adewale Ogunleye.

Ogunleye used examples of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as guys who may get on teammates but aren’t over the top.

“People really like them,” Ogunleye said. “I’ve met Tom Brady many times and played against him. Genuinely, he is a good person and you want to see him successful. The problem with Jay is we’re not sure about his emotions. The only thing we see is when he is really angry. Even when he does a really good job he doesn’t show a sense of happiness.

“There is no good to Jay, there is no smiling. All we see is when he is pissed off, when he is angry and that reflects in the way people might view him in the locker room. But a guy like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, genuinely they are nice people and they overextend themselves. Tom Brady can be the biggest diva in the world – he has that right, he has won Super Bowls – but he is not that guy. I think that is why he is even more likeable.”

Peerless
09-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Let me clarify as best I can. I was happy when we drafted Cutler. But within a year or so I heard some negative stuff about the guy, which I tried to sweep under the rug......because he was our QB. As time went on, I realized that this guy made some poor decisions, AND seemed to lack class.

Sure, loved his arm......when he was not trying to force balls into tiny windows.

Then came the split......really started to dislike the guy. And if Alex Smith has a good year, after hearing rumours about Manning coming to town, he is by far the better man than Jay. Jay thought he was the franchise, whereas Smith loves his franchise.

And since (with The Bears)......well, lots of excuses. Some very poor play mixed in with some decent stuff. And whether ot not he totally deserves it, he is not popular with his peers. Can't even break the top 100 players, based on peer rating (2 straight years). And was very much critized by them in that NFC Final, regardless of how badly hurt he was.

Last night he looked like the Cutler of old......sulking and pointing fingers. And then, giving a hopeless postgame session, although I should have expected it. Not a good loser, to say the least!

Overall, I am very happy that we traded him (although not the trade I would have made). I don't care how good he can be. BUT, I sometimes wonder if he will ever be a top tier QB, given that he doesn't seem to learn much. Last night he should have been picked off about 6 times, and some of those throws were very poorly executed.....he still thinks he can accurately throw passes while employing off balance stances. I don't understand. And even though he was pressured, he had time to throw to alternate targets (other than Marshall), given there must have been a number of man to man options.

Anyway.......maybe Rivers and The Chargers were right about him all along!

One last thing........as for Rodgers comparisons.......not even worth discussing.

Pretty spot on Dave. :thumb:

CanDB
09-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Further........I don't live close to Colorado, but I find it interesting that people I talk to here pretty much all don't care for Cutler. It's pretty much unanimous. He just turns off average fans, here there and everywhere. These are everyday folks who don't necessarily pull for The Broncos, or know too much about the storyline here.

I guess we'll hear the old comeback......."once you get to know him". Apparently some of those folks don't care for him either.

Finally.......if teams play the GB way and shut down Marshall, watch out for some more of his antics, even if just the on field stuff (like kicking footballs.....you know, standard tantrum stuff).

JohnShaft
09-15-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd seriously expect Tice, and even Cutler, to be preparing right now for the inevitable eventuality of Marshall being constantly double-teamed. The team then needs to exploit other matchups, such as Jeffery or Bennett.

One play in particular pissed me off on Thursday. Watch the third pick. There's a single high safety in the middle of the field when the play starts (Marshall wide left, Jeffery wide right). At snap the safety runs straight over to Marshall's side, leaving Jeffery in a one-on-one, running a nice comeback route, deep.

Cutler just locks in on Marshall from the snap, doesn't seem to bother to read the safety, and throws straight to double-covered Marshall, instead of hitting the single covered Jeffery 20-odd yards down field.

If he continues to do that it is going to be a long year (of like 8-8).

#87Birdman
09-15-2012, 10:54 AM
I'd seriously expect Tice, and even Cutler, to be preparing right now for the inevitable eventuality of Marshall being constantly double-teamed. The team then needs to exploit other matchups, such as Jeffery or Bennett.

One play in particular pissed me off on Thursday. Watch the third pick. There's a single high safety in the middle of the field when the play starts (Marshall wide left, Jeffery wide right). At snap the safety runs straight over to Marshall's side, leaving Jeffery in a one-on-one, running a nice comeback route, deep.

Cutler just locks in on Marshall from the snap, doesn't seem to bother to read the safety, and throws straight to double-covered Marshall, instead of hitting the single covered Jeffery 20-odd yards down field.

That was the same Cutler when he was here. He would lock onto Marshall and force it when players like Royal and Scheff where running fairly open.

ERoyal248
09-15-2012, 11:00 AM

He used to do that here, always locked onto Marshall and force it into triple coverage when Stokley, Scheffler or someone else was open or had 1 on 1 coverage.

mojo0730
09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Everyone who was here back then knows I was a big Culter supporter and HATED the fact we traded him.

But as bad as McDaniels was for this team, it looks like he did get one thing right: Jay Cutler wasn't and never will be a franchise quarterback.

He's just way too selfish, moody, and inconsistent. And he's not a 2nd or 3rd year player anymore. He's a 7-year vet, and if he hasn't figured out some of this stuff by now, he's never going to figure it out.

JohnShaft
09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
He's just way too selfish, moody, and inconsistent. And he's not a 2nd or 3rd year player anymore. He's a 7-year vet, and if he hasn't figured out some of this stuff by now, he's never going to figure it out.
I think this is the season.

Not the season he does it necessarily, but the season that's his last chance. He either changes now (older, with Marshall back, and a new OC, and his old QB coach) or he never does it. Because he's got all he could reasonably expect (sure the line isn't good, but you can't have everything).

I'd really like him to come out midweek and say "it's on me too". He stunk it up on Thursday. He got on the O-Line, who were to blame early. But not on himself (who deserved much of the later blame).

I do think we'll dig ourselves out of this psychological hole in the coming weeks. But I don't know how well.

SoundsOfSuccess
09-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Cutler's leadership questioned by ex Co-Captain.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/15/ex-bears-teammate-ogunleye-questions-cutlers-leadership/