PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] 2012 Nuggets Discussion Thread

Broncoholic3233
10-02-2012, 01:30 PM
2012 season is underway!

#Nuggets finished with first practice. Energy was good. Chandler (hip) and Stone (hip) were limited. McGee left early with illness.

https://twitter.com/denvernuggets

nic.zeman24
10-02-2012, 02:01 PM
I am so stoked for the season. Cant wait.

Broncoholic3233
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
It's going to be a fun one, that's for sure.

Karl said it's the most excited he's ever been for a team.

the0rangecrush
10-02-2012, 04:18 PM
God I'm pumped to see AI on the team. I didn't think we could get much better at running the floor, but AI is a beast at it. However, we need Gallo and Lawson to step up their 3-balls, if one or both can shoot in the high 40% range we can be deadly.

HUMCALC
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I hope that you guys take the west

nic.zeman24
10-02-2012, 05:22 PM
God I'm pumped to see AI on the team. I didn't think we could get much better at running the floor, but AI is a beast at it. However, we need Gallo and Lawson to step up their 3-balls, if one or both can shoot in the high 40% range we can be deadly.

Ty started out the season shooting 29% from deep, but I think he got it up to around 36% by the end of the season. He has improved his shot all around and I expect a big season. If Gallo can stay heathy I have faith in him.

The Experience
10-02-2012, 08:32 PM
So excited to be finally talking hoops again.

I think we will be a much better defensive team this year, and we will need to be to be competitive in the West.

You know that the Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder will all be very strong defensively. It is time for the Nuggets to take that leap.

I think adding AI will make all the difference. He does so many things defensively, it will be hard for the whole team defense to not improve with his presence.

Atwnbroncfan
10-02-2012, 09:51 PM
So excited to be finally talking hoops again.

I think we will be a much better defensive team this year, and we will need to be to be competitive in the West.

You know that the Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder will all be very strong defensively. It is time for the Nuggets to take that leap.

I think adding AI will make all the difference. He does so many things defensively, it will be hard for the whole team defense to not improve with his presence.

It's nice that we finally have a perimeter defender.

jake15guy
10-03-2012, 06:26 PM
according to Lawson were the team to beat in the west this year. Not to sure about that statement but i defiantly think were going to surprise alot of teams this year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/speedy-guard-ty-lawson-boldly-proclaims-nuggets-the-team-to-beat-in-west/2012/10/01/c2c02fc0-0c15-11e2-97a7-45c05ef136b2_story.html

Never the less its a good mentality for the team to have in the off season and going into the season.

Go Nuggets!

Broncoholic3233
10-03-2012, 07:06 PM
We are going to kick some ass.

I'm a homer, I don't care....I can't wait.

We have a legit shot this year...regardless of our 0 superstars.

InElwayWeTrust
10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Faried for MVP.

That is all. :coffee:

The Experience
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
We are going to kick some ass.

I'm a homer, I don't care....I can't wait.

We have a legit shot this year...regardless of our 0 superstars.

AI is a star.

I think in our system he could potentially become a superstar.

CoryWinget81
10-04-2012, 10:44 AM
regardless of our 0 superstars.

I think we're going to have some emerging superstars this year. AI will be tremendous here, I think.

Broncoholic3233
10-04-2012, 11:47 AM
AI is a star.

I think in our system he could potentially become a superstar.

AI9 isn't a superstar.

He's an all-star. He will remain an all-star more than likely. If he becomes an 'actual' superstar, that'd be beyond awesome. Like you said...in our system, he has a much better chance.

Lawson could become a superstar too, but right now, we gotta get him to become a consistent all-star.

Gallo has all-star potential. McGee has all-star potential, but still a ways to go, but we saw he could be dominate...as freakishly athletic as he is. Faried, I didn't see enough to see him taking the next step to an all-star, but with his work ethic, I could see it in the future.

Chandler has the ability to easily become the 6th man of the year. We have a very smart backup PG in Dre. Then we have a defensive star in Brewer off the bench. We have two other 7 footers on our bench that continue to improve.

Depth, depth and more depth.

Not to mention people are raving about the Frenchy. And Quincy has a HIGH ceiling, but a long ways to go.

The Experience
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
AI9 isn't a superstar.

He's an all-star. He will remain an all-star more than likely. If he becomes an 'actual' superstar, that'd be beyond awesome. Like you said...in our system, he has a much better chance.

Lawson could become a superstar too, but right now, we gotta get him to become a consistent all-star.

Gallo has all-star potential. McGee has all-star potential, but still a ways to go, but we saw he could be dominate...as freakishly athletic as he is. Faried, I didn't see enough to see him taking the next step to an all-star, but with his work ethic, I could see it in the future.

Chandler has the ability to easily become the 6th man of the year. We have a very smart backup PG in Dre. Then we have a defensive star in Brewer off the bench. We have two other 7 footers on our bench that continue to improve.

Depth, depth and more depth.

Not to mention people are raving about the Frenchy. And Quincy has a HIGH ceiling, but a long ways to go.
Thats why I said AI can potentially be a superstar. He is a star right now, has proven so being an all star (should be a multiple time all star).

nic.zeman24
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Do you guys think Miller plays mostly in the D League this season? Fournier? I dont know if they can crack the rotation this year, but it would be great if they could.

Spitfire Riggz
10-04-2012, 02:03 PM

What are people saying about him? He any good?

The Experience
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Do you guys think Miller plays mostly in the D League this season? Fournier? I dont know if they can crack the rotation this year, but it would be great if they could.

I think Miller will be DL. Fournier, not sure about. Could see him go either way. Doubt either will get much playing time barring some big injury issues.....

Broncoholic3233
10-06-2012, 11:43 AM
First game today is against the Clippers!

Woo Hoo! Preseason!

nic.zeman24
10-06-2012, 06:48 PM
First game today is against the Clippers!

Woo Hoo! Preseason!

Is it televised?

Broncoholic3233
10-06-2012, 11:46 PM
No.

But Lawson hit a buzzer beating layup to win the game.

Yay.

Stupid Kosta is starting. Ugh.

nic.zeman24
10-07-2012, 06:58 AM
No.

But Lawson hit a buzzer beating layup to win the game.

Yay.

Stupid Kosta is starting. Ugh.

Well we can sort of tell who is getting the ball in clutch situations. I dont like Koufos starting he seems to have to many really bad games.

I saw faried hit an elbow jumper in the game. Has he been working on that? Because if he has that would be great.

The Experience
10-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Kosta will not be the starter this year. If he does I'll be pissed because we payed McGee all that money.

the0rangecrush
10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Kosta will not be the starter this year. If he does I'll be pissed because we payed McGee all that money.

IMO he is auditioning for a roster spot. We know what we have in McGee and Mozzy, so we are seeing if KK earns a roster spot.

Broncoholic3233
10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Karl is known for developing crushes...and really favoring that or those guys. It's one of the knocks on him.

He has always said Kosta is our best big man. This off season is no different. Kosta is the best big man in camp he keeps saying.

He wants Javale off the bench with andre. And that makes me really, really mad.

Houshmazode
10-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Not to mention people are raving about the Frenchy.

Yea, he is a good mod.

Koufos is probably our most consistent big man. Just because he hasn't had a lot of really good high scoring games doesn't mean he's not good. He's really solid defensively and rebounding on both sides of the ball. I'd rather have him starting ove Mozgov any day. He had another solid game last night.

McGee plays better with Miller because Miller throws up better passes to our big men and just works better with McGee than Lawson does currently. Just because McGee might not be starting doesn't mean he won't be getting a lot of minutes. He'll almost surely be getting more than Koufos and Mozgov regardless of his starting status.

Randolph played pretty good last night, I'm pretty excited to have him here. He doesn't get much attention but he's always pretty consistent. He had 8 pts, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks and 1 foul in 8 minutes last night. Going to go out on a limb and say he contributes more than Wilson Chandler. I'm guessing he'll play a couple months into the season and get hurt again.

canadiansbronco
10-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I hear brandon bolden the SG is a beast....in 2k13 :P

Broncoholic3233
10-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Yea, he is a good mod.

Koufos is probably our most consistent big man. Just because he hasn't had a lot of really good high scoring games doesn't mean he's not good. He's really solid defensively and rebounding on both sides of the ball. I'd rather have him starting ove Mozgov any day. He had another solid game last night.

McGee plays better with Miller because Miller throws up better passes to our big men and just works better with McGee than Lawson does currently. Just because McGee might not be starting doesn't mean he won't be getting a lot of minutes. He'll almost surely be getting more than Koufos and Mozgov regardless of his starting status.

Randolph played pretty good last night, I'm pretty excited to have him here. He doesn't get much attention but he's always pretty consistent. He had 8 pts, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks and 1 foul in 8 minutes last night. Going to go out on a limb and say he contributes more than Tyson Chandler. I'm guessing he'll play a couple months into the season and get hurt again.

Kosta is soft on defense. Mozzy uses his body more, even though after his injury last year, he became softer also.

I'll take Mozzy any day of the week. And McGee is by far our best big man and needs the most minutes, by far.

We don't have Tyson Chandler, so not sure where you are going with that one. :confused:

Houshmazode
10-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Kosta is soft on defense. Mozzy uses his body more, even though after his injury last year, he became softer also.

I'll take Mozzy any day of the week. And McGee is by far our best big man and needs the most minutes, by far.

We don't have Tyson Chandler, so not sure where you are going with that one. :confused:

I said Wilson, not sure what you're talking about. :halo:

Broncoholic3233
10-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I said Wilson, not sure what you're talking about. :halo:

Oh so you are kidding I see!

Good one you had me going for a second. :laugh:

Randolph having a better year than Chandler! Oh too funny.

Broncoholic3233
10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
What are people saying about him? He any good?

Denver Nuggets ‏@denvernuggets
#Nuggets rookie @EvanFourmizz having another good practice. Team nearing end of 5-on-5 play.

Broncoholic3233
10-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Gallo sat out of today's scrimmage, believed to be a minor injury.

InElwayWeTrust
10-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Denver Nuggets ‏@denvernuggets
#Nuggets rookie @EvanFourmizz having another good practice. Team nearing end of 5-on-5 play.

That's definitely good news. Because when I saw him out here in the summer.....

There aren't words to describe how bad he was. I you got drunk, rolled down a hill in a barrell, and were thrown onto the court, you wouldn't look as lost as he was. :laugh:

Houshmazode
10-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Karl most impressed by big man, two new guys at Nuggets training camp
Posted: 10/11/2012 01:45:23 PM MDT
Updated: 10/11/2012 02:03:44 PM MDT
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post
Nuggets coach George Karl eyes practice this week at Pepsi Center. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

So George, who are the surprises at camp?

"Three guys come to mind for me," said Nuggets coach George Karl, whose team practiced Thursday at Pepsi Center.

Karl named Kosta Koufos, the big man who has shown "consistency of being one of the top players on the court."

He mentioned Andre Iguodala, who's not really a surprise exactly, but has shown the coach a consistency of being the team's most powerful player on both ends of the court.

And the third?

"Probably the young kid Evan Fournier, from the standpoint of being good enough to challenge guys to play the right way."

Fournier, a 19-year old rookie guard, continues to catch the eye of his coach and the Frenchman will likely get a handful of minutes in Friday's preseason game at San Antonio.

"It's just his makeup right now - he's courageous and ambitious and he does it the right way," Karl said. "He's a sponge from the standpoint of trying to learn. And usually he doesn't make mistakes twice, which is unusual for rookies in this league. He hasn't been yelled at a lot."

Karl also said that Wilson Chandler, who is recovering from a hip injury, likely won't play in the next two preseason games.

I still hate the Fournier pick.

Broncoholic3233
10-11-2012, 01:51 PM
I still hate the Fournier pick.

I like it. We needed a shooter and he can be that. Plus, he's extremely young and has the extra time to grow. I've heard only good things about him so far, so it's looking good.

Why don't you?

The Experience
10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I didn't like the pick at the time. But he is growing on me. Still think there were some good players available at the time.

BluenOrnge4Life
10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Fournier is a nice kid too. Got the privilege of meeting him while valeting DT. He gave us the infamous 'I Don't have any money on me right now, but i'll come back and tip you' line. Guess what? He represents about 10% of the people who actually come back and tip. I gained a lot of respect for him after that.

He's much taller than I expected as well.

InElwayWeTrust
10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
I didn't like the pick originally because I hate drafting foreign players. They are USUALLY soft, finess, floppers and i can't stand it. But I support them until they prove me otherwise. I still like Gallo and wear his jersey even though he flops embarrassingly bad sometimes. I wish he wouldn't but it is what it is.

Like I said Fornier looked as bad as possible in summer league, but I trust Karl if he said he's improving. I will reserve judgement until I see him play in a real NBA game. Hopefully he turns out to be the next Manu Ginobli. :D

Broncoholic3233
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Hmmm, I liked the pick then and now.

Exactly the player we need. But yes, I HATE flopping. Ugh. I was so mad when I heard we were possibly getting Gallo...but he grew on me :D

InElwayWeTrust
10-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Hmmm, I liked the pick then and now.

Exactly the player we need. But yes, I HATE flopping. Ugh. I was so mad when I heard we were possibly getting Gallo...but he grew on me :D

I'm really hoping the flopping goes down significantly if they start fining people for it like they said they will. I mean, I don't like people losing their income, but it's pretty much the only way to get them to stop. It really is getting rediculous, and you don't want it to get like soccer. I actually like watching soccer, but sometimes I cringe at how bad they flop. If it was me I couldn't do it, I don't care if it helps you win, that's just flat out embarrassing....

Houshmazode
10-12-2012, 12:28 PM
I like it. We needed a shooter and he can be that. Plus, he's extremely young and has the extra time to grow. I've heard only good things about him so far, so it's looking good.

Why don't you?
John Jenkins was still on the board and he's one of the best shooters in the draft. Fournier has grown on me a little bit but I think we could have filled our biggest need with Jenkins because he shoots so good from 3.

Broncoholic3233
10-12-2012, 05:52 PM
We are scoreless 5 minutes into tonight's game.

11-0 Spurs @ 6:56 mark

Houshmazode
10-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Started the 2nd half good. McGee and Mozgov both fouled out in 17/22 minutes, I hope that doesn't become a habit. The whole team besides Gallo/McGee were terrible at free throws. Koufos made his one, everyone else that shot missed at least one and Brewer was 6-12. Work on those FTs Karl!

Broncoholic3233
10-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Still don't see what they see in Kosta.

He is by far the most limited offensively. He's a grinder though, I'll give him that. He posted a nice 11 rebounds yesterday.

beastlyskronk
10-13-2012, 03:07 PM
John Jenkins was still on the board and he's one of the best shooters in the draft. Fournier has grown on me a little bit but I think we could have filled our biggest need with Jenkins because he shoots so good from 3.

Length is why we took Fournier over Jenkins. At least that's what I believe. Fournier also really fits the attack the basket mentality Karl likes the team to have. The pick really shows Karl's faith in Gallo to hit his 3s this year or maybe Lawson

nic.zeman24
10-13-2012, 04:45 PM
I would have liked Jones III, but that didnt happen. I like the Fournier pick because we dont need him now. He can develop.

Broncoholic3233
10-15-2012, 09:58 PM
3-0

Good game from Gallo tonight

Broncoholic3233
10-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Decent game tonight by the squad. Lost to the Thunder by 7.

Our bigs struggled somewhat, McGee was our best big.

Iggy was awful shooting was. 3/12 or something like that. However, he double digit boards and like 6 assists I believe.

Lawson and Gallo had strong games, as well as Brewer. Brewer might be our 6th man this year...we'll see...chandler needs to step it up, but he's been injured.

Houshmazode
10-22-2012, 12:26 PM
I have no faith in Chandler, especially not since he had hip surgery and that doesn't bode well with our fast paced system.

msusc
10-22-2012, 01:14 PM
I have no faith in Chandler, especially not since he had hip surgery and that doesn't bode well with our fast paced system.

Same. He could prove me wrong, but since he's been in Denver I've seen almost no reason to resign. He's either been average or injured. The only reason I was happy about the resigning was because it proved all of those knicks fans who kept saying he was going to come running right back to them wrong.

Broncoholic3233
10-22-2012, 01:19 PM
I have a ton of faith in Chandler. Very talented player. Good scorer. Has a ton of upside.

Brewer however, has been more impressive as of late.

msusc
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah but between Gallo, McGee, and Chandler the Nuggets have a lot of money tied up in potential talent and that makes me nervous. If they hit on 2 of them however I think the nuggets get one of the top 4 seeds.

The Experience
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Chandler was the best player for us after that trade until the playoffs. He will be fine, I don't really see how anybody can dog Chandler and give Gallo a pass. Gallo has also been inconsistent and is hurt a lot.

Love both players, just don't see how anyone could criticize one but not the other

The Experience
10-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah but between Gallo, McGee, and Chandler the Nuggets have a lot of money tied up in potential talent and that makes me nervous. If they hit on 2 of them however I think the nuggets get one of the top 4 seeds.

How can you say that we hit on McGee? He hasn't played a game since he got his new contract.

Also you can make the argument that Gallo hasn't lived up to his contract.

I firmly believe that all 3 guys will be great for us and live up to the contracts. We just have to give them time.

msusc
10-22-2012, 02:42 PM
I didn't mean to say that we had or hadn't hit on any contracts this year. Its way to early to tell with Mcgee or Chandler. Gallo hasn't lived up to his contract but he is good. I believe that if 2 of these 3 players live up to their contracts we are in good shape when you combine them with Faried, Lawson, and Iguodala. I'm just sceptical of chandler and to a smaller degree gallo's ability to develop from an good player to a great player. There is a lot of big contracts tied up to a lot of potential and I don't really like that.

The Experience
10-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I didn't mean to say that we had or hadn't hit on any contracts this year. Its way to early to tell with Mcgee or Chandler. Gallo hasn't lived up to his contract but he is good. I believe that if 2 of these 3 players live up to their contracts we are in good shape when you combine them with Faried, Lawson, and Iguodala. I'm just sceptical of chandler and to a smaller degree gallo's ability to develop from an good player to a great player. There is a lot of big contracts tied up to a lot of potential and I don't really like that.

I think the master plan may be to trade some of those pieces for a superstar down the road at some point.

Houshmazode
10-22-2012, 06:17 PM
I think the master plan may be to trade some of those pieces for a superstar down the road at some point.
I think it will be Chandler because he's the player that least fits into Karl's style imo.

Gallinari didn't live up to crap last year, yes he was inconsistent and hurt all the time. Supposedly he's become a team leader and become better at several things. Not buying it yet. I hate the Denver Post hyping him up because he made a few threes against OKC. Come on, regular season!

The Experience
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I think it will be Chandler because he's the player that least fits into Karl's style imo.

Gallinari didn't live up to crap last year, yes he was inconsistent and hurt all the time. Supposedly he's become a team leader and become better at several things. Not buying it yet. I hate the Denver Post hyping him up because he made a few threes against OKC. Come on, regular season!

If we make a trade, it's gonna be more than just Chandler.

Houshmazode
10-23-2012, 01:16 PM
If we make a trade, it's gonna be more than just Chandler.

Probably, but I would be surprised if it's anyone better than Stone/Hamilton/Carter/Randolph etc. I doubt Hamilton will go.

HUMCALC
10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
What do you guys think of Lawson getting a $45 Million extension?

nic.zeman24
10-24-2012, 12:05 PM
What do you guys think of Lawson getting a $45 Million extension?

Did this happen? If it were 4 years 45 mil I would be totally fine with it

HUMCALC
10-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Did this happen? If it were 4 years 45 mil I would be totally fine with it

It's on the ESPN rumor page. Since I didn't see it posted, I figured I would. Here's the link http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors. It's about 2/3 down the page

Houshmazode
10-24-2012, 12:11 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors/_/date/20121024#78792568

I would be the same if it was at least 4 years. Longer would be better.

Can someone with InSider post that?

Houshmazode
10-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Per CBSSports:

Nuggets offering Ty Lawson a $45 million extension?

By Royce Young | Blogger
October 24, 2012 1:05 pm ET

0 | Comment

Will Lawson be getting an offer from Denver soon? (Getty Images)

The deadline for contract extensions for the class of 2009 is a week away. While James Harden's situation has dominated headlines, there are a couple other very worthy players still waiting.

One absolutely being Ty Lawson.

The 24-year-old point guard has quietly risen to be one of the better point men in the league, averaging career-high numbers in points and assists per game last season. He definitely seems to fit into Denver's long-term construction plan, but the Nuggets need to lock him up.

And according to the Journal-Times, the word around the league is the Nuggets are willing to offer Lawson something in the $45-million range over four years.

Is that adequate? Too high? Too low? A max extension would be four years, $58 million, so it's definitely well under that. But compared to other elite point guards in the league, it seems to be a bargain, depending on your opinion of Lawson.

Chris Paul ($17.7 million per year) and Deron Williams ($17.1 million) are the highest-paid point guards in the league. After that, there's Russell Westbrook ($13.6 million), Derrick Rose ($16.4 million), Tony Parker ($12.5 million) and Rajon Rondo ($11 million).

Where does Lawson fit? Mike Conley got a five-year, $45-million deal. Is Lawson better than Conley? Would a four-year deal at that same number be about right for Lawson?

If the Nuggets choose not to extend Lawson now, he becomes a restricted free agent next summer and the market will determine his value. By all appearances, the Nuggets have no interest in letting Lawson get away. If this reported number is accurate, it should be enough.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20668668/nuggets-offering-ty-lawson-a-45-million-extension

Sounds good to me.

Houshmazode
10-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Uzoh and AC are gone and the Nuggets roster is now at the 15 player max.

PG:
Ty Lawson
Andre Miller
Julyan Stone

SG:
Andre Iguodala
Corey Brewer
Evan Fournier

SF:
Danilo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
Jordan Hamilton
Quincy Miller

PF:
Kenneth Faried
Anthony Randolph

C:
Javale McGee
Kosta Koufos
Timofey Mozgov

Glad Quincy Miller is still on the roster. Maybe we'll be seeing Chandler and someone else traded for another PF?

nic.zeman24
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Uzoh and AC are gone and the Nuggets roster is now at the 15 player max.

PG:
Ty Lawson
Andre Miller
Julyan Stone

SG:
Andre Iguodala
Corey Brewer
Evan Fournier

SF:
Danilo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
Jordan Hamilton
Quincy Miller

PF:
Kenneth Faried
Anthony Randolph

C:
Javale McGee
Kosta Koufos
Timofey Mozgov

Glad Quincy Miller is still on the roster. Maybe we'll be seeing Chandler and someone else traded for another PF?

Miller will probably go to D League and depending on Fourniers role he could find himself there too. I dont know of anyone on the trade block now, but we could pay attention to that considering how many pieces we can offer

nic.zeman24
10-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Mozgov is just awful

Broncoholic3233
10-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Mozgov is just awful

Mozzy > Kosta

any day of the week

The Experience
10-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Miller will probably go to D League and depending on Fourniers role he could find himself there too. I dont know of anyone on the trade block now, but we could pay attention to that considering how many pieces we can offer

I think we will see how the current squad gels. We don't need anymore turnover, we need time for this team to grow as a unit.

We could still use a shooter off the bench. Mozgov looks like he has no future here so I say trade him to Miami for James Jones.

The Experience
10-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Mozzy > Kosta

any day of the week

I honestly don't really care for either, but I'd say KK. He is much more consistent and smarter.

nic.zeman24
10-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Mozzy > Kosta

any day of the week

Both are just so.... uncoordinated.

Houshmazode
10-26-2012, 09:24 AM
I stopped watching in the 3rd quarter. Ugh. Koufos is still better than Mozgov, more clutch.

Broncoholic3233
10-26-2012, 11:04 AM
I stopped watching in the 3rd quarter. Ugh. Koufos is still better than Mozgov, more clutch.

It's a preseason game. Who cares, we are still missing Chandler, a big piece of the puzzle.

Plus, we shot terribly. Especially from FT land. :brick:

Houshmazode
10-26-2012, 11:32 AM
It's a preseason game. Who cares, we are still missing Chandler, a big piece of the puzzle.

Plus, we shot terribly. Especially from FT land. :brick:
You seem to care whenever it comes up. Koufos was better than Mozgov most of last season if you actually watched the games and came up big in crunch time.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400400567

Denver coach George Karl said the 7-foot Koufos has a slight edge over McGee and Timofey Mozgov in the competition for the starting center spot.

It almost seems like they don't work on free throws at all. Idk how you can be that bad when playing basketball is your job and you do it every day.

Spitfire Riggz
10-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Ugliest game ive ever seen.. cant wait for the 31st

johnlimburg
10-27-2012, 01:26 AM
I agree with the new guy above me. I think the starting center spot and the rotation will be decided game to game. I don't like it all and it just shows that Mcgee was not worth the large sum of money he got. Worst thing the Nuggets have done is overpay overpay overpay.

I would have prefered to trade for Demarcus Cousins when he was apparently on the block. Lack of a low post game hurts us and affects the half court offense of this team which has been bad for back to back years. Lets just hope someone can step up in this department.

Lets not get angry over a pre season game. This team will be a very good one this up coming season. We have a lot of good pieces and we are going to give a lot of teams a lot of suprises this year. I hope that we can get a playoff series win because it has been so long and such a rare thing for this organisation.

Broncoholic3233
10-27-2012, 11:07 AM
You seem to care whenever it comes up. Koufos was better than Mozgov most of last season if you actually watched the games and came up big in crunch time.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400400567

It almost seems like they don't work on free throws at all. Idk how you can be that bad when playing basketball is your job and you do it every day.

Ummmm, I wasn't talking about KK. I was talking about your reaction to a PRESEASON game. :confused:

If I actually watched the games? Surely you are kidding. Hmmm, who makes the game day threads for the Nuggets? Who chats about the game in all of them? Who attends 10+ of the 42+ games for them? Oh yeah...that'd be me.

That quote means nothing. GK has had a man crush on KK from the get go. He says it every year in TC. Then, when the season rolls around, you see more of the other guys for the most part. As, it should be, and will likely be this season.

Javale deserves the most minutes, and will receive the most minutes. Dude has a crazy upside, and has definitely improved and will continue to improve.

Atwnbroncfan
10-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Thunder just traded James Harden to Rockets. Could give us an opening to take the division.

HUMCALC
10-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Thunder just traded James Harden to Rockets. Could give us an opening to take the division.

Where did you hear that?

Atwnbroncfan
10-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Where did you hear that?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--thunder-trade-james-harden-to-rockets-27481909.html

HUMCALC
10-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Strange that ESPN & CBS don't have any mention of that. Now CBS is reporting it. Finally ESPN reported it. It looks like LAL will win the west

Atwnbroncfan
10-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Strange that ESPN & CBS don't have any mention of that

It's all over twitter. Give it a few more minutes.

Broncoholic3233
10-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Nuggets got the west. Bank on it.

#BlueNYellowHomer

Atwnbroncfan
10-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Nuggets got the west. Bank on it.

#BlueNYellowHomer

Wouldn't surprise me in the least now.

Westbrook and Martin in the same backcourt? LOL punches will be thrown this year.

nic.zeman24
10-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I am so happy as of now. Kevin Martin is no where on the level of James Harden overall and I dont know how we will take being a backup

Broncoholic3233
10-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least now.

Westbrook and Martin in the same backcourt? LOL punches will be thrown this year.

Haha. Ain't that the truth. KD will get the 3rd most shot attempts.

And I actually do think we have a legit shot at #1. Without being a homer.

nic.zeman24
10-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Haha. Ain't that the truth. KD will get the 3rd most shot attempts.

And I actually do think we have a legit shot at #1. Without being a homer.

I thought we had a slight chance before now. Now I think we have a 50-50 chance

The Experience
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
The addition of Kevin Martin makes the Thunder even that much easier to hate.

Broncoholic3233
10-27-2012, 10:16 PM

Oh, you have no idea. I can't even imagine how mad I'm going to get when we play the Thunder. Westbrook is already #1 on my most hated NBA players list. And Kevin Martin is top 5. Ugh.

BroncNuggsRocks
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM

Stupid thunder always play us close... that OT game really pissed me off... we had it in the bag! Our division should be really good this year.

nic.zeman24
10-29-2012, 09:57 AM
2 days until it starts.

nic.zeman24
10-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Oh, you have no idea. I can't even imagine how mad I'm going to get when we play the Thunder. Westbrook is already #1 on my most hated NBA players list. And Kevin Martin is top 5. Ugh.

I never liked Martin. I always though he was extremely overrated. I think he will implode in OKC.

Houshmazode
10-30-2012, 11:06 AM
If we do end up making a trade this season I kind of hope it's Chandler and Gallinari for a good, reliable scorer.

Broncoholic3233
10-30-2012, 11:08 AM
That would be beyond awful unless we are getting a bonified allstar / potential superstar.

Assuming you did mean and, and not or

Houshmazode
10-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes, someone who can put 30 points on the board any night. And young preferably.

The Experience
10-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I really would like to see what we can do with this young team first before we go making any trades.

Plus I'm not sure any "superstars" will become available any time soon.

The Experience
10-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Tweet from Ty

It Looks like im going to be a nugget for another 4 yrs..Thanks to the Kronke family, Masai, nuggets fans and everybody 4 believing In me ��

Yes!

nic.zeman24
10-30-2012, 12:29 PM
TY got an extension!!!

ERoyal248
10-30-2012, 01:00 PM
4 years/48 mil for Ty, good for him.

Broncoholic3233
10-30-2012, 01:09 PM
4 years/48 mil for Ty, good for him.

How's AAA doin'?