PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Thank God It's Over!!!

Bronco51
10-04-2012, 09:03 AM
That was a brutal baseball season to endure. I was kind of hoping that the Rockies would have lost 100 games. I know 98 isn't far off, but 100 losses would have had to carry some extreme measures. But I feel with only 98 they will chalk it up to an anomaly and stay status quo. There were some positives. We got to see some young guys step up and play well and make a case for spots on the club next season. But O'Dowd, Tracy, and the Monforts give me no hope that they will cultivate them and actually make a competitive ballclub anytime soon. Unfortunately I love baseball too much to give up my season tickets. But much like this year, I see selling a lot of them.

CoryWinget81
10-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Everybody should be fired.

Name one other team in this town who's staff would stay employed after their worst season in history.

DenverBlood
10-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah major dissapointment.

I really couldn't bring myself to root for the first 100 loss season in franchise history. Sure it probably might have gotten rid of Tracey for us but I just couldn't do it. I'm glad they won 7 of the final 11 to come up 2 losses shy.

I just can't believe how much different the roster looks now from opening day.

And the pitching staff wow. Sure the 75 pitch limit was stupid but I couldn't believe how often our pitchers couldn't get past 3 innings with it. It's embarrassing.

Oh and not sure if anyone noticed but to make matters worse Guthrie returned to his old form after he left. He was like 5-0 with a 2.3 ERA or something like that over the final stretch of the season. And pitched 7+ innings in almost all of his starts in K.C. Apparently he just couldn't get it done at Coors field.

Anyways hope to see Cargo and Tulo back next season with some of the veteran pitchers back and hopefully healthy. And hopefully we can turn it around. Can't get much worse after all.

DenverBlood
10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Everybody should be fired.

Name one other team in this town who's staff would stay employed after their worst season in history.

Well this would never happen because he is too great of a coach, but you think GK would get the axe if it happened?
If he finished the season with a completely different roster than the one he started with?

Not making excuses for Tracey at all just asking.

CoryWinget81
10-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Well this would never happen because he is too great of a coach, but you think GK would get the axe if it happened?
If he finished the season with a completely different roster than the one he started with?

Not making excuses for Tracey at all just asking.

Yes, I believe it would happen to even George Karl.

It's not like they were doing great even with a complete roster intact. I like how some of the younger players came into their own when they should've still been in the lower leagues.

Better managers have been fired for losing with a better record than what Tracy did.

DenverBlood
10-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes, I believe it would happen to even George Karl.

It's not like they were doing great even with a complete roster intact. I like how some of the younger players came into their own when they should've still been in the lower leagues.

Better managers have been fired for losing with a better record than what Tracy did.

I agree. Heck Mike and Mike were saying Bobby Valentine should get the axe today and they won 5 more games than the Rockies. Of course they have higher expectations too.

Most franchises would've axed Tracey halfway through the season and not let their GM even finish that kind of a season. We did it to Hurdle a few years back which is why it makes no sense to keep Tracey.

The young offensive players impress me. Just wish we had remotely close to an MLB pitching staff to go with it.

CoryWinget81
10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I'd like to add that the worst season in Nuggs history was Hanzlik's abortion in 97, and I actually remember when the town actually celebrated when they managed to win it's 10th game. I have no doubt they'd clean house it if ever happened again.

Eddiemac730
10-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I stop Caring about the Rockies after the Monforts opened their mouth and said "Dan 'o Clown" is the best in the Business.

I'm Done giving those clowns my money.....

The Experience
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Tracy meets with Rockies management do discuss his future tomorrow.

I would be shocked if he got fired.

The Experience
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM

the0rangecrush
10-04-2012, 10:37 AM
What pick did we get?

getlynched47
10-04-2012, 10:40 AM

I don't understand why you'd be shocked. Tracy is a terrible manager and needs to go.

Sadly, things won't get much better while we're stuck with O'Dowd. But we gotta start somewhere with cleaning house, and Tracy should get the boot first!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2012, 10:46 AM
My Halos were a big disappointment after they spent all of that money to get Pujols, Greinke, and Wilson. There bullpen really let them down after the all star break. I don't know how many games they lost in the last half of the season when they had a lead going into the seventh, but it was A LOT.

The Experience
10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't understand why you'd be shocked. Tracy is a terrible manager and needs to go.

Sadly, things won't get much better while we're stuck with O'Dowd. But we gotta start somewhere with cleaning house, and Tracy should get the boot first!

We stuck with 7 years of awful Hurdle teams. Not to crazy to think our team would give him a pass.

HUMCALC
10-04-2012, 11:28 AM
What pick did we get?

You should get the #3 pick overall

Broncoholic3233
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Keep CarGo, Tulo, Cuddy, Fowler, Rosario

Trade whoever else, idc. I like our team, but obviously they ain't winning. But, I'd like us to keep Colvin, Pacheco and Rutledge too. Then I like DLR, Nicasio, Chacin, Pomeranz....but obviously they were all hurt, or sucking or whatever. Gotta get some fireballers that will just blow their pitches by people. Enough, 81 mph fastball lefties with big breaks, that don't break ever.

FIRE EVERYONE ELSE.

:thumb:

Broncoholic3233
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
As much as I HATE, HATE, HATE the Redsox....at least their ownership had the balls to fire their coach after a beyond awful season...and we had an even worse season...and Tracy will probably sign another lifetime extension tomorrow....so we'll then have him for two lifetimes.

Bronco51
10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I know this will sound like blasphemy, but because of the constant injuries, I wouldn't mind Tulo moving to third to save his body and have Rutledge at short. Two good bats, and I don't think you lose too much defensively at short. And also, with Tulo at 3rd, our constant problems with that position will be over.

The Experience
10-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Lets give Chris Nelson some credit. He was our best hitter the last 2 months of the season.

They better not trade Fowler. While I like Cuddyer, he was a bust. Trade him and some of the million OF and IF prospects for some legitimate pitching.

And please, please, Fire Tracy!

Houshmazode
10-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Lets give Chris Nelson some credit. He was our best hitter the last 2 months of the season.

They better not trade Fowler. While I like Cuddyer, he was a bust. Trade him and some of the million OF and IF prospects for some legitimate pitching.

And please, please, Fire Tracy!
Chris Nelson was pretty good this year, just had a really quiet season.

Cuddyer was alright, but he's old and we would be lucky if anyone wanted to trade for him.

Luckily we got some good out of this crappy season with Rosario, Pacheco, Rutledge, Colvin. Lemahieu would be a good utility guy to keep around. Rosario REALLY needs to work on his defense though, I hope we keep Hernandez around again so he can pick up on how to block some balls.

With CarGo, Fowler, Colvin in the outfield, TuLo, Rutledge, Pacheco in the infield and EY, Blackmon, Nelson, Herrera, Lemahieu on the bench I can see us doing ok as long as Helton comes back from his surgery alright (doubtful) or we go out and sign a good FA 1st baseman. The rest can GO, especially Giambi.

That's only if our pitching is decent. I can see why Apodaca quit. They better dump the stupid 4-man piggyback rotation and get use another starter and a few more good relievers. Always liked Francis but he's washed up. Pomeranz and White have shown some promise and finally some consistency lately. De La Rosa and Chacin should be fine, and Nicasio hopefully will come back injury free. We still need to get another solid starter and we could have still had Hammel :(.

Fire O'Dowd, get a new owner and a new manager and we should be fine. :laugh: I have a feeling the team is going to get blown up again this year. I don't think Carlos Gonzalez really tried at all in the second half, I wonder if he wants out.

BroncoFanBoy
10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Chris Nelson was pretty good this year, just had a really quiet season. He might start for someone else so I would be willing to trade him. We could get something for him.

Cuddyer was alright, but he's old and we would be lucky if anyone wanted to trade for him. Agreed.

Luckily we got some good out of this crappy season with Rosario, Pacheco, Rutledge, Colvin. Lemahieu would be a good utility guy to keep around. Rosario REALLY needs to work on his defense though, I hope we keep Hernandez around again so he can pick up on how to block some balls. Yes, Rosario does need to work on his defense, but it's not worth keeping Hernandez around. He was easily our worst hitter this year. Besides, our coaches can teach him. He'll improve.

With CarGo, Fowler, Colvin in the outfield, TuLo, Rutledge, Pacheco in the infield and EY, Blackmon, Nelson, Herrera, Lemahieu on the bench I can see us doing ok as long as Helton comes back from his surgery alright (doubtful) or we go out and sign a good FA 1st baseman. The rest can GO, especially Giambi.I would definetly sign a new 1B. We have two part-time 1B's and that's not good. Cuddyer can play first, true, but I want to trade him. He makes too much money to hit .260. But hitting wise, we're fine.

That's only if our pitching is decent. I can see why Apodaca quit. They better dump the stupid 4-man piggyback rotation and get use another starter and a few more good relievers. Always liked Francis but he's washed up. Pomeranz and White have shown some promise and finally some consistency lately. De La Rosa and Chacin should be fine, and Nicasio hopefully will come back injury free. We still need to get another solid starter and we could have still had Hammel :(. De La Rosa and Nicasio will still need plenty of time to shake off the rust, if they do at all. Besides, DLR has that player option, so no guarantee he will return. Like BH3233 said, we need fireballers. That's why Ubaldo did have success here.
Fire O'Dowd, get a new owner and a new manager and we should be fine. :laugh: I have a feeling the team is going to get blown up again this year. I don't think Carlos Gonzalez really tried at all in the second half, I wonder if he wants out.I think it had something to do with Tulowitzki being injured all year.

My responses in bold.

Broncoholic3233
10-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Decision on Tracy won't be made until Monday at the earliest.

He was given time to mull over what was discussed.

So....sounds like he will be back...but under terms. WAY TO STICK IT TO EM MANAGEMENT! :coffee:

Houshmazode
10-07-2012, 11:47 AM
My responses in bold.
I wouldn't want to trade Nelson, he's good for depth and if someone goes down he can fill in at a few different positions.

I agree we need more fireballers. Breaking ball pitchers don't do much here.

Tracy would be better off somewhere else.