PDA

View Full Version : Saints fan here coming to Denver

Mike Rainsford
06-16-2012, 01:45 AM
its my 1st trip to the us in oct iam comeing from sunny old england buy myself to wacth
New Orleans Saints @ Denver Broncos
as a saints fan just got a few quick questions
1 would there be any problems wearing a Saints jersy in the ground
2 best places to grab beer and food before hand
3 i have 3 days in denver what is there to do in the

thanks u mike

thedeadlypoet
06-16-2012, 03:45 AM
I am a Bronco fan that travels from New Mexico every year. Wear your jersey proudly, but be respectful, most of the fans are respectful of opposing fans, however there are the select few that have a brew too many, and they will talk, let them be, you will find the most of us to respect your choice of clothing, be aware there will be smack talk, but it is how you ddeal with it that matters, You as a fan of a opponent, will be heckled, be prepared for that, but for most its all in good fun, and as for beer beforehand, there are many places for you to indulge, but, beer time is (in my opinion better left for during and after the game) if an afternoon game i suggest going to Woody's in westminster after the game, great food and drinks after a game, plus watching late games on their projector screen, not sure how it is for primetime, (but really, if primetime, better to be at the stadium for that), thats my 2 pennies. Get your ass to Denver, cheer on your team, remain respectful, and you will recieve the same respect,

bronx_2003
06-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Denvers an amazing place, I've been there 3 times and there's lots of stuff to do. http://www.denver.org/what-to-do

Just curious, how come your not going to NO's for a home game ?

350legend
06-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Wear it with pride, Rep for your team....

PowderAddict
06-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Don't listen to those guys. If you want to survive, your best bet is to blend in with the locals by wearing Broncos gear. Just to be safe you should probably cheer for the Broncos during the game as well.

Mike Rainsford
06-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Just curious, how come your not going to NO's for a home game ?[/QUOTE]

there are no home games in the two weeks that iam out there :sad: plus iam doing a Sports Travel Tours
as iam hitting Minnesota and Nashville so denver is the olny place i get see my saints play as the smack talk is fine cant wait too get here roll on oct :D

bronx_2003
06-16-2012, 05:33 AM
there are no home games in the two weeks that iam out there :sad: plus iam doing a Sports Travel Tours
as iam hitting Minnesota and Nashville so denver is the olny place i get see my saints play as the smack talk is fine cant wait too get here roll on oct :D[/QUOTE]

Have a great time !

Hope you enjoy seeing Bree's at QB and Sean Payton on the sidelines.............oh, wait :D

Holger_Danske
06-16-2012, 05:58 AM
buy myself to wacth
New Orleans Saints @ Denver Broncos
as a saints fan just got a few quick questions
1 would there be any problems wearing a Saints jersy in the ground
2 best places to grab beer and food before hand
3 i have 3 days in denver what is there to do in the

thanks u mike[/QUOTE]

"Sunny" old England?? Well, old it is but it's none too sunny :laugh:
They usually have a beer tent outside the stadium that is a great place to mingle.
Go to Ted's Montana Grill http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/downtown at least once! Well worth the price of admission. Top notch food. Do yourself a favour [did you notice it's your spelling of the word?] ;)and get a Delmonico Ribeye. THAT will be a meal to remember and tell the grandkids about.

I don't believe its as bad as it used to be going to road games in the 70's and 80's in the east. They weren't especially bad in the NFC games, but places like Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philly, Cleveland and Chicago were downright dangerrous to wear opposing Jerseys. I've never been to Oakland, but I would doubt that would be a good place to go wearing Denver Jerseys.
I would surmise that the calming down of fans, it is a respectable team (N.O.), it is in the west, and the nature of Denver fans themselves, I would think you are alright. I wouldn't want to wear an opposing AFCW team Jersey though - I imagine you would get more flack.
None the less it generally isn't anywhere as bad as your "football" fans in Europe who break down bleachers and kill fans of both teams.

Mike Rainsford
06-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Hope you enjoy seeing Bree's at QB and Sean Payton on the sidelines.............oh, wait :D[/QUOTE]

ouch man that hurts hahahaha

Holger_Danske
06-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Hope you enjoy seeing Bree's at QB and Sean Payton on the sidelines.............oh, wait :D

Brees will be there guaranteed. They're only 2 million apart on negotiations. It'll happen for them.

bronx_2003
06-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Brees will be there guaranteed. They're only 2 million apart on negotiations. It'll happen for them.

I know. It was directed towards Payton. He will see 2 good QB's which is always a plus. Should be a good game.

Saintsfan1017
10-11-2012, 01:07 PM
hey everyone I am saints fan obviously and I am coming to denver. I am flying up there the Saturday before and looking for some bars in the Park west area. I will be going to the game and I am wondering how are you fans in regards to opponent teams fans. This is my first road game.

VenomousDB
10-11-2012, 01:08 PM
SCREW OFF PAL!!!!

Welcome :salute:

:P

JakeNbake
10-11-2012, 01:09 PM
You should be fine. Denver is cool.

#87Birdman
10-11-2012, 01:11 PM
If you haven't figured out yet we all must be a bunch of unhelpful sarcastic group here I guess... But I wouldn't be able to help since I don't live in Denver :(

Me&theOldMan
10-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Not in Denver anymore, but you should be fine... People are friendly, and it's a great town...

Just watch out for the 75 yr old lady in the south stands thats screaming "we want to see blood"... :thumb:

Springs
10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
hey everyone I am saints fan obviously and I am coming to denver. I am flying up there the Saturday before and looking for some bars in the Park west area. I will be going to the game and I am wondering how are you fans in regards to opponent teams fans. This is my first road game.

Good luck with that.

No, you guys helped us out a lot by beating the Chargers.

broncosking209
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Get out of our forums...

lol jk im heading there from cali for the same game.. My boss stayed in denver for a long period and he said the main spots to go to are in the lower downtown area. I plan on checking that area out when I get there

GNWbronco
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Here's hoping that Drew Brees throws 4 TD passes and the Broncos win 31-28: a fair and acceptable result for all in my estimation. lol

orangebarrel
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Just don't be a big fat loud mouth jerk like Steelers fans and Raiders fans and you'll be fine :D

rwsux
10-13-2012, 12:37 AM

Fair, If you don't make any bad remarks about our team. I don't mind if you cheer for your team, but I might try to outshout you.

Frenchy180
10-13-2012, 01:27 AM
as long as you're ok with some friendly ribbing, you should be good...

Saintsfan1017
10-13-2012, 08:03 AM
I can take the friendly ribbing. I do cheer for my team but I mainly just sit there like a bump on a log and cheer. I am not a hardcore fan. I am a fan but I do not have blinders on and think that my team can do nothing wrong. As for as the bounty situation goes they had it coming to them.

Where in downtown Denver can I go on a Saturday night?

broncofanfromia
10-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Depends what you're into - but an area call Lodo - lower downtown - right across the street from Coors field is a street of bars with rooftop seating (my favorite). Otherwise there is the 16th street mall. Look it up online for the stores along there.

Expect it to be pretty packed the saturday night before game day.