PDA

View Full Version : Broncos @ Bengals

Drew640us
10-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Whats up Bronco Fans!!! We are going ot cincy for the game and I was wondering if any of my fellow fans were going. Would love to link up drink some beers and cheer on the Broncos.

Drew640us
10-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Also wanted to see where ppl were staying for the game.

BroncoManiac_69
10-22-2012, 06:25 PM
This is a game a few of us from around here connected for the game a couple of years ago. The year of the "Holy Stokely" amazing final touchdown. Along with one Bengal fan most commonly known as WhoDey and his bud!

Born in Cincy and have family there. Friendly rivalry every time our teams collide.

Wish we could be there but not happening this go round.

Not sure, but there may be a few around here that are from the area and may respond. Have fun and good luck. They have a pretty nice stadium. We all met at the Newport KY side at Hooters and took the boat across the river. It's a good time and the Bengal fans are pretty awesome.

WildcatsBroncos
10-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Ill be going, I won't be staying anywhere because I live close enough to drive home, but don't have any other plans other than me and the wife going

Broncos724
10-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I will be there sir! Going with a bunch of friends and they're all Bengals fans haha. Gonna be tailgating before the game, probably in the giant lot between the stadium and The Banks. I will be staying in my apartment, in Blue Ash haha :P but if you're looking for good bars to go to before/after, definitely hit up The Banks! It's a newly built entertainment/apartment complex right across the street from Great American Ballpark (poor Reds :( ). Cool places are Crave, Holy Grail, Toby Keith's I Love This Bar, and the Christian Moerlein Lagerhouse! And there's also the Hofbrauhaus in Newport, across the river in Kentucky! So plenty of options if you're looking to pregame before we smoke the Bengals :D

MileHighManning
10-23-2012, 06:05 PM
My husband and I are going. We are staying at the Westin. For those of you that have been or are planning to go, is it safe to wear Broncos jersey, etc? We want to represent, but are not interested in getting stabbed:)

BroncoManiac_69
10-23-2012, 06:38 PM
My husband and I are going. We are staying at the Westin. For those of you that have been or are planning to go, is it safe to wear Broncos jersey, etc? We want to represent, but are not interested in getting stabbed:)

Do not worry. The Bengal fans are pretty decent. Been there done that. Wear your colors with pride. They despise Steeler fans and may still have a bit of a grudge with us after that last game we played there but overall, the fans are not from Oakland. :D

MileHighManning
10-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Do not worry. The Bengal fans are pretty decent. Been there done that. Wear your colors with pride. They despise Steeler fans and may still have a bit of a grudge with us after that last game we played there but overall, the fans are not from Oakland. :D

Thanks! This is our first time in Cincinnati. We are excited about going to the game and are hoping for a victory:thumb:

BroncoManiac_69
10-23-2012, 06:50 PM
If you are looking for something to do while having an extra day and the weather is nice, they have a fantastic zoo there.

If the park is not consumed by a private event and you like riding roller coasters, King's Island is a must!

If you like to barhop... pop over to the Kentucky side of the river in Newport.

KentuckyFan
10-23-2012, 08:37 PM
I was there the last Bronco game, I was given the finger and yelled at more in that day then I have in my whole life. After we stole that game I guy tried to fight me in front of my two friend and nephew. Bengale fans might not all be bad people but goodness that was a crazy day.

Yes I would go back but I am still not sure if I will have the money.

KY. Bronco
10-24-2012, 05:02 AM
5 of us will be attending. sections 144 & 146 rows 5 & 6. To everyone reading this WEAR your TEAM colors!!! Stand proud be LOUD

Broncos724
10-24-2012, 06:40 AM
My husband and I are going. We are staying at the Westin. For those of you that have been or are planning to go, is it safe to wear Broncos jersey, etc? We want to represent, but are not interested in getting stabbed:)Cincinnati has a bad rep mostly due to outbursts of violence in Over the Rhine about a decade ago. It's a neighborhood on the opposite side of downtown from the riverfront. OTR is much much better these days and the rest of the area is completely fine, especially the area containing the sports stadiums!

As for the fans, they mostly just hate the Steelers (and Cardinals in baseball). My general impression is that they have deep respect for Peyton Manning so I don't think people are going to get mean to us Bronco fans. Now if we had Tebow still, it'd be a different story...they hate Tebow here going back to the BCS Championship game where he demolished Ohio's beloved Buckeyes.

Al Wilson_56
10-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Hello, I've been in Dayton my whole life, I've seen the broncos at Paul Brown twice, and I will be going down this year. Section 116 on the Bengals side, going to give them hell :). Also it is safe to wear a broncos jersey, I was at the game when Stokely stole it from the Bengals. I turned around and flipped off so many Bengals fans and said very colorful words because i was so excited, and the fans could do nothing but sit there with their mouths open it was great. My moms only words to describe me was that I was possessed.

LordTrychon
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
We didn't have any problems last time around. (At the holy Stokely!) Although I'm a bit more worried about if we have Broncos stuff on the car what might happen... easier to do something when you don't think you can get caught than it is to actually do something to a person.

We will likely park on the Newport side and ferry across like last time. A few of us will also almost definitely be at Hofbrauhaus after... though it will also possibly be just my wife and I with WhoDey and some of his Bengals buddies.

Really looking forward to the game though. Last time I was near the Broncos' Family section, so it wasn't so hostile... got some remarks from fans on our way out... but what are they gonna say, really? They lost! :laugh:

BroncoManiac_69
10-24-2012, 07:43 PM
We didn't have any problems last time around. (At the holy Stokely!) Although I'm a bit more worried about if we have Broncos stuff on the car what might happen... easier to do something when you don't think you can get caught than it is to actually do something to a person.

We will likely park on the Newport side and ferry across like last time. A few of us will also almost definitely be at Hofbrauhaus after... though it will also possibly be just my wife and I with WhoDey and some of his Bengals buddies.

Really looking forward to the game though. Last time I was near the Broncos' Family section, so it wasn't so hostile... got some remarks from fans on our way out... but what are they gonna say, really? They lost! :laugh:

Hofbrauhaus. Is that the place next to Hooters where we partied before the game? I couldn't remember the name of the place.

And being heckled after the game. :laugh:

I know my wife and I had beer cups thrown at us while still in our seats after everyone left. I guess that's what we get for whipping out the huge Bronco flag waving it to the players as they left field. A few of the upper deck folks didn't like that very much. :laugh:

Remember the guy yelling at me about "you don't even know where Royal went to college" :laugh:

I say to him?

---> :coffee:

PeytonIsDaMan
10-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Wanted to go, but money is too tight right now :(

CHITOWN BRONCO
10-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Going to the game, section 152, row 22 (end zone), wearing Broncos jersey with pride! Can't wait. Also looking for which hotel in the area to stay at for the trip. Go Broncos!

Drew640us
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey guys sorry I never responded. My fiance and I are staying at the marriot courtyard in covington. We have tickets in sec 139 and are stoked about the game. We would love to have some drinks with some folks sat night and pre game on Sunday. Lets make it Happen...

Elway
11-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Wife & I will be heading to the game as well, bought some tickets from a friend who is a season ticket holder so we will be deep in enemy territory rooting for the team!

^Hawk^
11-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm planning on entering the stadium when the gates open. My wife and I will be sitting in section 140, Row 6, Seats 9&10. I'm hoping the the Broncos will be a little friendly to the Bronco Fans in Paul Brown. Nothing really opens up too early for pre-game festivities, most people try to tailgate for the 1:00pm games. I wish we could meet you Saturday night, unfortunately I'm swamped with work and estimates I need to get done so I can take Thanksgiving week off.

Like some of the others have said, the Banks and Newport are great places to hang out on Saturday. I wouldn't worry about flying the Broncos colors, most of the people in Cincy are pretty cool to the visiting teams, except Steelers and Cardinals Fans.

^Hawk^
11-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Sitting at Hooters in Newport, Kentucky. Lots of Bronco fans in here. Gonna grab some food, and takes the boat across the river to the game.

BroncoSexyDaddy
11-04-2012, 08:27 AM
the fans are not from Oakland.:D Tell me about it.San Francisco(Candlestick) stadium is getting just as bad as Oakland these days.

I'm not going but i will be watching the game,got the day off.Thanks to all the fans who are going to Cinn to support the broncos today.Go Broncos!