PDA

View Full Version : James Harden Traded

nic.zeman24
10-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Harden has been traded to the Houston Rockets.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden, Daequan Cook, Lazar Hayward and Cole Aldrich to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and future draft picks, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Thunder were unable to come to terms with their star swingman Harden on a contract extension and chose to break up their star trio of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Harden.

The deal was reported earlier by Yahoo! Sports.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8562868/sources-oklahoma-city-thunder-trade-james-harden-houston-rockets

HOw do my fellow Nuggets fan feel about this?

HUMCALC
10-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Well it gets you guys one step closer from reaching the finals. All you need now is for the LAL to implode, and there you go

nic.zeman24
10-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Well it gets you guys one step closer from reaching the finals. All you need now is for the LAL to implode, and there you go

Yea Martin is nowhere near the Level of Harden and he needs a lot of shots to be effective. Westbrook and Him might not get along

InElwayWeTrust
10-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Bad for the Thunder...

Which is in turn good for the nuggets. :laugh:

the0rangecrush
10-27-2012, 08:34 PM
For the immediate they are a little worse, but in the long run its a very good move. They have toronto's pick which isnt lottery protected I belueve and Dallas's with an injured Dirk. Potentially 2 lottery picks. Not to mention Lamb can be a lights out shooter.

InsaneBlaze23
10-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Only clicked because I was hoping the team receiving Harden was the Pistons.

ERoyal248
10-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Not a bad deal, might hurt them a little in the short-term, in the long-run, depends what they do with the picks.

He's not a max player though.

Yakka27
10-27-2012, 10:21 PM
I think both teams got worse. Harden was a good fit in OKC, but he's not the kind of player you can build a team around. Not quite sure what Houston was thinking. Jeremy Lin and James Harden, a little risky if you ask me.

Broncoholic3233
10-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Not a bad deal, might hurt them a little in the short-term, in the long-run, depends what they do with the picks.

He's not a max player though.
It was a terrible deal. Don't kid yourself. Now by adding another ballhog, it hinders KD even more.

I think both teams got worse. Harden was a good fit in OKC, but he's not the kind of player you can build a team around. Not quite sure what Houston was thinking. Jeremy Lin and James Harden, a little risky if you ask me.

It was jeremy lamb not lin.

Yakka27
10-27-2012, 10:51 PM
It was a terrible deal. Don't kid yourself. Now by adding another ballhog, it hinders KD even more.

Having a guard combo of Lin and Harden is risky. Pretty unproven as star players.

JayJack
10-27-2012, 10:52 PM

I think he was saying 1st they got Jeremy Lin, now James Harden, those decisions are a bit risky.

Broncoholic3233
10-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Having a guard combo of Lin and Harden is risky. Pretty unproven as star players.

I think he was saying 1st they got Jeremy Lin, now James Harden, those decisions are a bit risky.

Ahhh yes. Misread it.

BluenOrnge4Life
10-28-2012, 12:58 AM
I understand the move from OKC's point as far as the economics go, Harden wanted a max contract and he's not a max contract player. That player for them is KD, so they had to move him when they couldn't agree on a contract.

Yet, they couldn't work something out at all? Wait a little longer and see if you can get a fair deal. That team was very young and very good. I don't know why you'd want to mess that up... It'll be interesting to see the numbers of everything when its' all said and done and if OKC could've made it work $ wise.

Spyder
10-28-2012, 09:00 AM
The trade itself is not what got me, it was the timing of the trade. Just a few days before opening night, that was very odd. I'd have def. held onto Harden until next summer and if worse came to worse, I'd have used the amnesty on Kendrick Perkins and used that free money to resign Harden. He might not be worth a max deal but with the way money is handed out in the NBA and with the continuity and chemistry this team had with JH, sometimes you have to bend a little. OKC quite possibly may have traded away the biggest thing they held over the majority of the west. Youth AND continuity.

That being said, OKC just cracked the door in the West for LAL, LAC, SA and maybe a few other teams. They're still elite just, well, slightly worse now. Jeremy Lamb has insane potential but that's all it is right now and Kevin Martin can score but he's quite possibly the worst defender in the league. Kid is awful on D. The draft picks sound nice but weak classes, uncertainty of college kids developing in the NBA... this is tough if you're an OKC fan.

Still though, it's hard to look too far down on OKC when they still have KD and RW.

ERoyal248
10-28-2012, 09:22 AM
They offered 4/55.5, he'll get 5/78, there are very few players who are worth that, Harden isn't one of them.

Which is a pretty fair offer.

Also, only 2 teams have near 3 max players, they would of had 3 max players, and another near one in Ibaka. And would of had literally no payroll flexibility moving forward.

Time will tell, Harden is very good, but worth 4/60 or 5/78, he is not.

ERoyal248
10-28-2012, 09:22 AM

Time will tell what happens, it's not great, not terrible.

canadiansbronco
10-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Well short term i doesn't help them but Lamb can be a beast

Amari24
10-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I hate that Lamb was traded. He's a young guy, great shooter, and lots of potential. I thought he was going to be a great addition to the team as well as a good replacement for Martin but I guess not. Martin has been extremely frustrating to watch over the years. For every good game he has there are 5 terrible games inbetween. I'm not sad to see him go.

I don't think this move makes OKC any better for this season. Westbrook, Durant, and Martin on the same team is a recipe for disaster. Those are three guys who want 15+ shots a game, never mind Lamb who is most effective when he's shooting across the perimeter. If OKC was smart they would've asked for Jones.

The Rockets are betting on Asik, Montejunas, Lin, and Terrence Jones. They'll be the key players this year. I never really liked James Harden but he comes to work every game and isn't a scrub.

There's also the Royce White situation... I don't even know how that's going to resolve.

nic.zeman24
10-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I hate that Lamb was traded. He's a young guy, great shooter, and lots of potential. I thought he was going to be a great addition to the team as well as a good replacement for Martin but I guess not. Martin has been extremely frustrating to watch over the years. For every good game he has there are 5 terrible games inbetween. I'm not sad to see him go.

I don't think this move makes OKC any better for this season. Westbrook, Durant, and Martin on the same team is a recipe for disaster. Those are three guys who want 15+ shots a game, never mind Lamb who is most effective when he's shooting across the perimeter. If OKC was smart they would've asked for Jones.

The Rockets are betting on Asik, Montejunas, Lin, and Terrence Jones. They'll be the key players this year. I never really liked James Harden but he comes to work every game and isn't a scrub.

There's also the Royce White situation... I don't even know how that's going to resolve.

I liked Lamb. I though Martin would be traded sometime this season and he would be the one to step into his starting spot.