PDA

View Full Version : Bronco fan tailgate @ Carolina

Moleculo
11-07-2012, 08:19 AM
my first post @ Broncos Country...

Some folks from Orange Mane are meeting up to do a little tail-gating @ Charlotte this Sunday before the game: link (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107730).

We are meeting in this (http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/charlotte-parking/427-w-trade-st/?start=1352655000&end=1352669400&event=59361&allreviews=1#comments)parking lot.

If you are planning on going to the game, swing on by!

(I'll be the guy in an orange Elway jersey playing cornhole on Bronco boards)

RadEucalyptus
11-07-2012, 09:02 AM
My ladyfriend and I are driving up from Gainesville, FL to see the game with her father (and maybe some more folk). I am the only Broncos fan from birth, but the lady has come around and started to bleed orange and blue, which is definitely good.

I'll run the idea of dropping by the tailgate by the other members of the party. We'll end up feeling bad if we don't bring some food or drinks by, so what kinds of things are needed at the tailgate?

Moleculo
11-07-2012, 09:27 AM
My ladyfriend and I are driving up from Gainesville, FL to see the game with her father (and maybe some more folk). I am the only Broncos fan from birth, but the lady has come around and started to bleed orange and blue, which is definitely good.

I'll run the idea of dropping by the tailgate by the other members of the party. We'll end up feeling bad if we don't bring some food or drinks by, so what kinds of things are needed at the tailgate?

kind of a weird deal, no? Organizing a meet-up with folks you don't know, bonded by a common love for the Orange and Blue.

I say it's BYOB. We honestly haven't gotten that far in the planning phase; what I'm really trying to do right now is provide a Bronco-fan friendly location. IMO it would be better to be have as much orange around as possible - better than scattered throughout the uptown parking lots.

RadEucalyptus
11-07-2012, 01:12 PM
kind of a weird deal, no? Organizing a meet-up with folks you don't know, bonded by a common love for the Orange and Blue.

I say it's BYOB. We honestly haven't gotten that far in the planning phase; what I'm really trying to do right now is provide a Bronco-fan friendly location. IMO it would be better to be have as much orange around as possible - better than scattered throughout the uptown parking lots.

Yeah, it is always strange how you instantly feel camaraderie with other Broncos fans. Good to know there will be a big group there to hang out with before the game starts.

100%Broncoholic
11-08-2012, 07:39 PM
My wife and I are driving from VA tomorrow for the game!

Staying right by the stadium. We are looking forward to a few days there.

58_VONDOOM_92
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Wish I could attend the game i only lived about 3 blocks from the stadium when i lived there. Have fun. You guys should have a blast

BroncoManiac_69
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
There is nothing cooler than hooking up with other fans at away games. Or even home games for that matter with people you've never met.

We've done that twice now. Once in Cincinnati and once in Denver and developed friendships because of it.

Enjoy the game and have a great time!

PanthersAlv
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Looks like your location will be near the tailgate I will be at. Have a good time.

100%Broncoholic
11-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Hey guys my wife and I checked in to Doubletree by Hilton a few blocks from The stadium. Anyone else staying close to the stadium? I will add that even coming in covered in Broncos gear I was well received by a very professional staff.

This is my second trip here and last time the Panthers fans were first class
Has anyone found a few good places to eat or have a few beverages? My wife and I plan to walk the city and search for other Orange Colored glasses fans!
Ill be rocking a Mecklenburg jersey around Charlotte today!

Looks like we have a great day of weather with the next 2 days of 72 degrees!

Lets paint the town orange in a friendly way!

If you are in Charlotte post in here!

Moleculo
11-10-2012, 06:22 AM
thread on orange mane re: tail gate info. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107730)

There is a little Charlotte advice in there as well.

Moleculo
11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Looks like your location will be near the tailgate I will be at. Have a good time.

most definitely will.

350legend
11-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Hey guys my wife and I checked in to Doubletree by Hilton a few blocks from The stadium. Anyone else staying close to the stadium? I will add that even coming in covered in Broncos gear I was well received by a very professional staff.

This is my second trip here and last time the Panthers fans were first class
Has anyone found a few good places to eat or have a few beverages? My wife and I plan to walk the city and search for other Orange Colored glasses fans!
Ill be rocking a Mecklenburg jersey around Charlotte today!

Looks like we have a great day of weather with the next 2 days of 72 degrees!

Lets paint the town orange in a friendly way!

If you are in Charlotte post in here!

Wow! Good stuff... repersent that orange and blue Hard,,, Go broncos!!

Orangeisback
11-10-2012, 06:32 AM
I have a suggestion for you. I was there about a month ago. Find out where the Charlotte Aviation Museum is.

It is pretty cool. It is cheap.

Their big display is this.......

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TBLEKoBKyvQ/TeroGs6hmRI/AAAAAAAAaFY/3BYzcLdFtgk/s1600/hudsonplane.B.jpg

Now......

http://assets.radiatemedia.com/users/9/8/0/2/0/5/980205/assets/HA2E_Aviation_Museumweb_2.jpg

It is worth it. You see a little 20 minute film. SHowing the whole story. Etc etc.

It is pretty cool. I would suggest it.

Moleculo
11-10-2012, 06:36 AM
I have a suggestion for you. I was there about a month ago. Find out where the Charlotte Aviation Museum is.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TBLEKoBKyvQ/TeroGs6hmRI/AAAAAAAAaFY/3BYzcLdFtgk/s1600/hudsonplane.B.jpg

Now......

http://assets.radiatemedia.com/users/9/8/0/2/0/5/980205/assets/HA2E_Aviation_Museumweb_2.jpg

It is worth it. You see a little 20 minute film. SHowing the whole story. Etc etc.

good lord. I remember when they brought that thing down here - by interstate. Huge procession, people stopping on the sides of road to take pictures, it was a big deal. Think of all the excitement over the shuttle in LA - it was like that.

Except it wasn't a shuttle, it was a plane.

Orangeisback
11-10-2012, 06:41 AM
good lord. I remember when they brought that thing down here - by interstate. Huge procession, people stopping on the sides of road to take pictures, it was a big deal. Think of all the excitement over the shuttle in LA - it was like that.

Except it wasn't a shuttle, it was a plane.

Its a pretty cool way to spend an hour or so.

When I was there, they just happened to be doing a piece on an Air Force One plane that was retired.

I think it was from the 70s where Carter and Ford used it.

It was a good little tour. I like those tours, then again I am a little older now.

100%Broncoholic
11-10-2012, 11:05 AM
They had a tremendous Veterans Day Parade through the center of the city!

:salute:

Now sitting in a Hooters on WestTrade Street enjoying wings,
:beer: :cheers: and college football with Mrs. 100%. Charlotte is a great city!

100%Broncoholic
11-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Just met a guy who flew in from London for this game!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-10-2012, 12:41 PM
They had a tremendous Veterans Day Parade through the center of the city!

:salute:

Now sitting in a Hooters on WestTrade Street enjoying wings,
:beer: :cheers: and college football with Mrs. 100%. Charlotte is a great city!
I've wanted to see Charolette for a long time. Greensboro is another city in NC I'd like to see.

Orangeisback
11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Which city in NC does Manning have a house? I forgot. Wasnt it close to Duke or NC?

Ahrum
11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm actually sitting in bed at a quality inn about 10 minutes from the stadium. Posting from my phone... second time coming here - last time Delhomme and co. Murdered us. This time gonna be different, tell ya that.

Frenchy180
11-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Now......

before I scrolled down and saw the second picture all I could think was... "That doesn't look the least bit safe..." :laugh:

EddieMac
11-10-2012, 10:15 PM
We better hear you screaming from Canada my friend!!!

Peanut
11-10-2012, 11:14 PM
We better hear you screaming from Canada my friend!!!

Really.

Make some noise!!!