PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Nuggets have a legit shot at finals

The Experience
11-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Lakers just hired D'Antoni. Now way they ever win in the postseason with him at the helm.

DenverBlood
11-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Lakers just hired D'Antoni. Now way they ever win in the postseason with him at the helm.

So I guess that hiring eliminates the Thunder and Spurs too?

Seriously though I already thought we had a chance. And anything going on with the Lakers doesn't really change that opinion. Spurs and Thunder are who we have to target if we want to be the best.

The Experience
11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
So I guess that hiring eliminates the Thunder and Spurs too?

Seriously though I already thought we had a chance. And anything going on with the Lakers doesn't really change that opinion. Spurs and Thunder are who we have to target if we want to be the best.

I agree, coming into this season you had to look at the Spurs, Thunder and Lakers as the teams to beat in the west that are legit title contenders. That changed this morning, The Lakers have zero chance. Good day to be a Nugget fan.

DenverBlood
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM
I agree, coming into this season you had to look at the Spurs, Thunder and Lakers as the teams to beat in the west that are legit title contenders. That changed this morning, The Lakers have zero chance. Good day to be a Nugget fan.

Honestly though D'Antoni > Mike Brown. So the Lakers actually got tougher as of this morning even if neither could hold a candle to Phil Jackson. So we did dodge a bullet with Phil.

I think the Lakers will still be a top seed once they gel. We saw the same issues with the Heat in the beginning. But I do agree they won't win anything with D'Antoni.

But I think we'll be fine if we can handle our own with SA or OKC.

The Experience
11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Honestly though D'Antoni > Mike Brown. So the Lakers actually got tougher as of this morning even if neither could hold a candle to Phil Jackson. So we did dodge a bullet with Phil.

I think the Lakers will still be a top seed once they gel. We saw the same issues with the Heat in the beginning. But I do agree they won't win anything with D'Antoni.

But I think we'll be fine if we can handle our own with SA or OKC.

How is D'Antoni better than Brown???? Thats stupid

Brown has a higher winning % and a better playoff record.

Plus I'll take a defensive mastermind over an offensive mastermind any day of the week

DenverBlood
11-12-2012, 11:28 AM
How is D'Antoni better than Brown???? Thats stupid

Brown has a higher winning % and a better playoff record.

Plus I'll take a defensive mastermind over an offensive mastermind any day of the week

1. You don't have to call me stupid.
2. How many years has D'Antoni played with Lebron James or Kobe? Oh that's right 0.

Mike Brown has played with either of them what 7-8 years? 0 Championships.
Mike Brown didn't earn all those wins regular season or playoffs. He was just along for the ride.

D'Antoni may not be great either but he did it with a lot less. I agree on the defense over offense. Except I would really give Mike Brown credit for the defense. Once again he was just a puppet a long for the ride.

The Experience
11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
1. You don't have to call me stupid.
2. How many years has D'Antoni played with Lebron James or Kobe? Oh that's right 0.

Mike Brown has played with either of them what 7-8 years? 0 Championships.
Mike Brown didn't earn all those wins regular season or playoffs. He was just along for the ride.

D'Antoni may not be great either but he did it with a lot less. I agree on the defense over offense. Except I would really give Mike Brown credit for the defense. Once again he was just a puppet a long for the ride.

Never called you stupid. Called your comment stupid.

Brown had LeBron and thats it. D'Antoni in PHX had Nash, Stoudemire, Diaw, Marion, BArbosa all in their prime. A team that should have won multiple titles. D'Antoni couldn't even get to the finals because of his absurd philosophy.

Under Brown, Cleveland ranked consistently in the top 10 in OPPG. So LeBron is responsible for team defense? No, thats not how it works. Brown got to the finals with just LeBron, D'Antoni couldn't do it with all the players mentioned before.

In LA he took over an old team with no bench on with no training camp while putting together a new philosophy and system on defense and offense and proceeded to make it to the conference semifinals.

But since you want to play the LeBron and Kobe card, lets look at the years prior. Ron Artest won defensive player of the year under Brown's system in Indiana. The Spurs won a championship with Brown's same defensive system in 2003. This man is a defensive mastermind, and a way better coach than Mike D'Antoni

DenverBlood
11-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Never called you stupid. Called your comment stupid.Brown had LeBron and thats it. D'Antoni in PHX had Nash, Stoudemire, Diaw, Marion, BArbosa all in their prime. A team that should have won multiple titles. D'Antoni couldn't even get to the finals because of his absurd philosophy.

Under Brown, Cleveland ranked consistently in the top 10 in OPPG. So LeBron is responsible for team defense? No, thats not how it works. Brown got to the finals with just LeBron, D'Antoni couldn't do it with all the players mentioned before.

In LA he took over an old team with no bench on with no training camp while putting together a new philosophy and system on defense and offense and proceeded to make it to the conference semifinals.

But since you want to play the LeBron and Kobe card, lets look at the years prior. Ron Artest won defensive player of the year under Brown's system in Indiana. The Spurs won a championship with Brown's same defensive system in 2003. This man is a defensive mastermind, and a way better coach than Mike D'Antoni

Same thing.

Brown is the first coach in NBA history to be fired 5 games into a season. Should've never been hired in the first place.

Sure he got to the second round last year but only with the help of some extremely biased officiating because it's the Lakers. But that's another subject.

So now you're crediting Mike Brown with the Spurs 2003 NBA title? I guess Poppavich had nothing to do with it.

We'll see though. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. D'Antoni isn't the best name they could've had but they had to have something now and Phil's demands were way too high.

They'll still make the playoffs but as you stated probably won't win anything under D'Antoni. At least not this year. But it's going to take time for that roster to gel just like the Heat had to.

And actually in reference to me calling Mike Brown a puppet that was kind of dumb of me. That's precisely what D'Antoni will be with the Lakers. I think that roster will eventually gel and win a lot of games in spite of him. And if he wins anything it would be just like what I said of Mike Brown. Only did it with hall of famers.

But then again what coach ever wins anything without superstars? Phil Jackson never won without Jordan, Kobe or Shaq right? Difference with Phil is he ca win with those superstars and Brown and D'Antoni can't.

So I'll digress for now but we'll see. Don't count the Lakers out just yet though. The season is less than 10 games in.

The Experience
11-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Same thing.

Brown is the first coach in NBA history to be fired 5 games into a season. Should've never been hired in the first place.

Sure he got to the second round last year but only with the help of some extremely biased officiating because it's the Lakers. But that's another subject.

So now you're crediting Mike Brown with the Spurs 2003 NBA title? I guess Poppavich had nothing to do with it.

We'll see though. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. D'Antoni isn't the best name they could've had but they had to have something now and Phil's demands were way too high.

They'll still make the playoffs but as you stated probably won't win anything under D'Antoni. At least not this year. But it's going to take time for that roster to gel just like the Heat had to.

And actually in reference to me calling Mike Brown a puppet that was kind of dumb of me. That's precisely what D'Antoni will be with the Lakers. I think that roster will eventually gel and win a lot of games in spite of him. And if he wins anything it would be just like what I said of Mike Brown. Only did it with hall of famers.

But then again what coach ever wins anything without superstars? Phil Jackson never won without Jordan, Kobe or Shaq right? Difference with Phil is he ca win with those superstars and Brown and D'Antoni can't.

So I'll digress for now but we'll see. Don't count the Lakers out just yet though. The season is less than 10 games in.
Lets be clear, The Lakers should have never fired Brown 5 games in. Its incredibly disrespectful to the profession and Jim Buss is a scumbag

DenverBlood
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Lets be clear, The Lakers should have never fired Brown 5 games in. Its incredibly disrespectful to the profession and Jim Buss is a scumbag

That's a whole nother discussion entirely. It was a huge panic button. Especially now that they've won big the last two games.

But I still don't think Brown was the right hire to begin with.

Houshmazode
11-13-2012, 01:46 PM
They might have a legit shot to get out of the first round of the playoffs if they can make their free throws.