PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs. Ravens - Who's Coming to the Game?

The Irish
12-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Who's coming!? It seems the Broncos are always well-represented at Ravens & Skins games, and I'm hoping to see a lot of orange on Sunday!

I'm also hoping to finally see the Broncos win in-person this year. The last two games I saw were the Broncos vs. Skins game three years ago where the Skins scored on a ridiculous fake punt, Orton got injured, and Simms came in to deliver an awful QB performance, and the Broncos vs. Ravens two years ago where we were simply outmatched all game.

December 16th is also my Dad's birthday, whom is responsible for my correct upbringing as a Broncos fan, and whom I'm bringing to the game for his bday, so a win would be that much more special.

Let me know if you're going to be in attendance. I'll be tailgating in a parking lot just Southwest of the stadium with a group of friends who are all Ravens fans, and sitting on the home side (*sigh*), lower level, 40 yard line. They're calling for 50 degrees & 40% chance of rain, so hopefully the rain holds off. I'll be the guy rocking an alternate orange McCaffrey jersey in the sea of purple & black, reeking of Captain & Coke, and cheering obnoxiously for PFM & Crew.

Can't wait!!!

Bowhunter07
12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Who's coming!? It seems the Broncos are always well-represented at Ravens & Skins games, and I'm hoping to see a lot of orange on Sunday!

I'm also hoping to finally see the Broncos win in-person this year. The last two games I saw were the Broncos vs. Skins game three years ago where the Skins scored on a ridiculous fake punt, Orton got injured, and Simms came in to deliver an awful QB performance, and the Broncos vs. Ravens two years ago where we were simply outmatched all game.

December 16th is also my Dad's birthday, whom is responsible for my correct upbringing as a Broncos fan, and whom I'm bringing to the game for his bday, so a win would be that much more special.

Let me know if you're going to be in attendance. I'll be tailgating in a parking lot just Southwest of the stadium with a group of friends who are all Ravens fans, and sitting on the home side (*sigh*), lower level, 40 yard line. They're calling for 50 degrees & 40% chance of rain, so hopefully the rain holds off. I'll be the guy rocking an alternate orange McCaffrey jersey in the sea of purple & black, reeking of Captain & Coke, and cheering obnoxiously for PFM & Crew.

Can't wait!!!

MEEEE! I will be there with my wife. Wasn't planning on tailgaiting but only cause I don't know anyone else going to the game. I will also be sitting on the home side, lower level but on the 10 yd line(section 130).

I feel your pain man I was also at the Redskins game 3 years ago. Man that game sucked. I also seen the Broncos play the Panthers 4 years ago and get blown out, so I am hoping the Broncos win or at least make it a good game. Maybe I will see there. Go Broncos!

martz11
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah I'll be there. This is only my second game. Last one I saw was in Philly and that was a bad experience to say the least. Their fans were .

I'm pretty excited. I'm sitting in the end zone 20th row. Just looking forward that I won't be the only Bronco fan there.

The Irish
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah I'll be there. This is only my second game. Last one I saw was in Philly and that was a bad experience to say the least. Their fans were .

I'm pretty excited. I'm sitting in the end zone 20th row. Just looking forward that I won't be the only Bronco fan there.

Philly fans are notorious for their lack of... "hospitality". I've found that Ravens fans are pretty harmless. I received a few jabs from strangers when I was leaving the game a few years back, but overall they're a fairly accomodating group.

champ&dreallday
12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll be there. Suprisingly, there are more Broncos fans in the area than I've ever seen. Peyton has made a lot of people jump on the bandwagon. SOME Ravens fans are very obnoxious. From what I've saw, as long as you have decent seats, the fans are pretty good. Upper decks seats....not so much, that's where the crazies are that will probably be wasted by kickoff. Tailgating is pretty fun at the stadium and near the bars. Bmore has something like the most bars per square mile in the country. The fans are pretty good during tailgating, they may even throw you a beer.

bigdog1002
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Me! Section 106

display name
12-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I'll be there. Suprisingly, there are more Broncos fans in the area than I've ever seen. Peyton has made a lot of people jump on the bandwagon. SOME Ravens fans are very obnoxious. From what I've saw, as long as you have decent seats, the fans are pretty good. Upper decks seats....not so much, that's where the crazies are that will probably be wasted by kickoff. Tailgating is pretty fun at the stadium and near the bars. Bmore has something like the most bars per square mile in the country. The fans are pretty good during tailgating, they may even throw you a beer.
My best advice to avoid the jerks is to keep your mouth shut. Don't be obnoxious, and barely say a word. You're right, in the lower decks you'll be fine, can't speak for the upper levels.
As for weather? Right now for Sunday (and it's several days before and weather in MD is very unpredictable), it should be around 50 degrees and rainy. Check just before the game, because I would recommend a coat and maybe even gloves. It gets cold fast when the sun goes down.

carnage3
12-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Just was wondering who is going to the game this weekend. This will be my first broncos game

BroncoManiac_69
12-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Well, you certainly picked an awesome first game to attend. IMO, we MUST beat them and I think they are a bit vulnerable on defense. Flacco and the offense has shown signs of ups, ups and some downs so our defense, which I think is better than theirs, should prevail.

Wear your Bronco gear proudly and have a great time.

LGBoogie19
12-11-2012, 06:23 PM
M&T is a real nice place to watch a game there isnt a bad seat in the house. Their fans arent too bad, mostly cool but far better than Skins or Eagles fans. Wish i was gonna be there but Im broke and I was already at the Ravens Cowboys game earlier this year and I think i wanna watch this one on my couch.

carnage3
12-11-2012, 06:36 PM
I will be there my cousin and I are sitting on the Broncos side section 151. I will be wearing an Orange Elway Jersey. we are trying to find out what everyone is doing before the game

Can't wait!!!

JrtheFreak
12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
I was going to go, but decided to save the $1000 for a trip to Denver early next season. Went out there in 04 and loved it. Denver is a beautiful city.

JrtheFreak
12-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Ravens fans aren't much better. Word of advice, to avoid trouble bring a plain coat or jacket to wear when leaving... or the loser Raven fans will harass you for sure.

elway7777
12-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I will be going along with three friends. Have been to the old Mile High twice during the Elway years, went to the playoff game at New England last year. My guess is opposing fans get rowdy when the home team loses. Patriots fans were cordial after waxing the Broncos last year. PFM (private freakin msg) me to exchange phone numbers.

NateCohen
12-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone. I live in New York and I got very lucky about this game. My sister lives in South Carolina and will be graduating on Saturday the 15th. I drove to South Carolina on Saturday and will be here till the 15th when she graduates.

Anyway on my way home I will be driving right past Baltimore...so guess who's going to the Broncos and Ravens game?

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has ever been to M&T Bank Stadium. How's the fans? Will they heckle me? I will be wearing my Von Miller jersey.
Also how's the parking?

I just want to be prepared Sunday and know what to expect.

Thanks everyone!

DavisMVP
12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I'll be there on the Broncos side, hoping for a win. :-) The last 3 games in Baltimore have not been so good.

The Irish
12-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Anyway I was wondering if anyone has ever been to M&T Bank Stadium. How's the fans? Will they heckle me? I will be wearing my Von Miller jersey.
Also how's the parking?

I just want to be prepared Sunday and know what to expect.

Thanks everyone!

There is no shortage of parking in the Inner Harbor. I've personally never parked in the actual parking lot of M&T Stadium, but there are parking lots everywhere within walking distance. Plenty of parking garages on Pratt St. & Lombard St. as well. Just bring some money, as none of them are free.

champ&dreallday
12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Nate, that's awesome and it's always good to have another Bronco's fan at the stadium. Check out the previous comments here. I've been to a couple Raven's games. Their fans are good and bad. Tailgating is fun and everyone's pretty friendly. Honestly, Bmore is a hospitable city...until the Ravens play,lol. If you've got 100 or 200 level seats, you should be fine, you should be able to cheer without problem. Upper deck seats is where it gets crazy, people are usually wasted and that's where the ridiculous and drunk fans usually are. I wear Broncos gear everytime and cheer, I've never had an issue. You can cheer but don't be obnoxious.

However, we've gotten killed the two games I've been to, so they kind of felt bad for us. This time it may be the other way around, so I'm not sure how they will act. I'm taking my wife and I've already sat her down and told her, prepare yourself just in case it gets testy.

NateCohen
12-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the help guys!
I guess if I can survive a Yankees and Red Sox game in Boston I can survive anything.

I'm so excited...this will be my 2nd Denver game...my first one was the Buffalo game last year and that was no fun...but their fans were really awesome and friendly.

Nate, that's awesome and it's always good to have another Bronco's fan at the stadium. Check out the previous comments here. I've been to a couple Raven's games. Their fans are good and bad. Tailgating is fun and everyone's pretty friendly. Honestly, Bmore is a hospitable city...until the Ravens play,lol. If you've got 100 or 200 level seats, you should be fine, you should be able to cheer without problem. Upper deck seats is where it gets crazy, people are usually wasted and that's where the ridiculous and drunk fans usually are. I wear Broncos gear everytime and cheer, I've never had an issue. You can cheer but don't be obnoxious.

However, we've gotten killed the two games I've been to, so they kind of felt bad for us. This time it may be the other way around, so I'm not sure how they will act. I'm taking my wife and I've already sat her down and told her, prepare yourself just in case it gets testy.

wmbriano2grad
12-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi,

I've been a Broncos fan for almost 30 years and am FINALLY getting to see them live in Baltimore this Sunday, along with my 9 year old daughter. Anyone have any insight on how I might meet some of the players?

Thanks,
Brian

BRONCOLT
12-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Be at the tunnel where the Broncos will be coming in and out of during warm ups. The nice players will sign, the others will not. Thats been my experience.

The Sheriff18
12-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Might wanna figure out what hotel the team is staying at and maybe catch them when they're going to the bus for the game.

ModernIrishman
12-16-2012, 12:45 AM
From my experience with Elway and Bowlen the best time to meet them is off-season charity events... I don't think players who choose not to sign things and socialize on gameday is them being rude or mean as much as it is they have thousands of people who want such things every day but they also have a job to do in beating some of the other best players in the world and that requires some focus.

Al Wilson_56
12-16-2012, 08:02 AM
When I went to the cinci the game the best thing to do is go to the tunnel. But go at the beginning of the 4th quarter so you can get a good spot. In cinci I know DT gave his cleats, Rahim Moore gave his glove, and Peyton Manning threw up his towel. Although sadly I didn't head down to the tunnel until the very end of the 4th quarter and I couldn't even get close. Oh well I'm 3-0 at Paul Brown Stadium seeing my broncos :D. Let's kick some raven butt today!

jo-joe
12-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Its hard to get something signed because usually you have a bunch of ignorant people yelling stuff at all the broncos and they keep on going.Baltimores a bad stadium for other teams my advice to you if your daughters going is to not to wear broncos gear they can be real ignorant just look on you tube.When I wear my broncos even the police talk smack to me just be careful thats been my experience at the stadium.