PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Game 25: Nuggets @ Kings

Broncoholic3233
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
64-46 at half

McGee was putting on a dunk clinic.

JHam has been nice off the bench.

Let's keep blowing them out...don't let up.

Broncoholic3233
12-16-2012, 05:52 PM
97-67 end of 3

Twizlers
12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
This is so awesome. McGee/Hamilton can really do something for this team with more minutes.

Broncoholic3233
12-16-2012, 05:55 PM
McGee is putting on a freaking dunking clinic. Mr Highlight Reel

58_VONDOOM_92
12-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I love McGee.

Cant wait till he takes KK spot for good

Broncoholic3233
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
KK has actually been surprisingly solid tonight.

McGee has just been that much better. 19 points for McGee so far!

johnlimburg
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
KK is always solid for this team. Decent around the rim and plays smart on the defensive end. But this three point shooting is amazing. Ty Lawson is getting his jump shot back. His shot has more air under it. Iggy is playing great in the assist department as he has done for the team all year. Gallo is on a tear from deep as of late and getting to the line. Hamilton is our best shooter and should get more minutes. Mcgee is getting some good dunks and some nice blocks. Put in Quincey Miller now.

This team we are playing against is bad however it is good to blow them out. Hopefully this is a momentum gainer for the team and hopefully the three point shooting continues. I would like to have Demarcus Cousins on this team. Having a post game and a big who can hit a jump shot would make us such a better team and open more things up offensively for Ty and Iggy.

Broncoholic3233
12-16-2012, 06:16 PM
KK is always solid for this team. Decent around the rim and plays smart on the defensive end. But this three point shooting is amazing. Ty Lawson is getting his jump shot back. His shot has more air under it. Iggy is playing great in the assist department as he has done for the team all year. Gallo is on a tear from deep as of late and getting to the line. Hamilton is our best shooter and should get more minutes. Mcgee is getting some good dunks and some nice blocks. Put in Quincey Miller now.

This team we are playing against is bad however it is good to blow them out. Hopefully this is a momentum gainer for the team and hopefully the three point shooting continues. I would like to have Demarcus Cousins on this team. Having a post game and a big who can hit a jump shot would make us such a better team and open more things up offensively for Ty and Iggy.

Four things:

No, KK is not always solid. Far from it. He's had some solid games.

Cousins is the biggest hot head in the NBA...no thanks.

Once again, Iggy great for assists all year? He's averaging 4 a game. I wouldn't say that's great...that's average.

Yes, hopefully we do gain momentum. This was a solid win, with the whole team playing well for the most part. Two wins to build off now.

Broncoholic3233
12-16-2012, 06:21 PM
And that is just my :2cents: so don't go freaking out or anything. ;)

Broncoholic3233
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Good solid win. Everyone contributed.

McGee, JHam and Gallo had really good games.

KK, Iggy and Lawson had very solid games.

Let's build off of the last good win and this blowout win and turn this season around. Go Nuggets!

johnlimburg
12-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Four things:

No, KK is not always solid. Far from it. He's had some solid games.

Cousins is the biggest hot head in the NBA...no thanks.

Once again, Iggy great for assists all year? He's averaging 4 a game. I wouldn't say that's great...that's average.

Yes, hopefully we do gain momentum. This was a solid win, with the whole team playing well for the most part. Two wins to build off now.

Yeah you don't like him for whatever reason. But the guy averages 6.7 PPG and 5.9 RPG in 21.7 Minutes. He shoots 54.9% from the field and averages 1.6 BPG. Add in his consistant defense and the way he contests shots, which Scott Hastings talked about tonight. This equals a solid NBA player.

Yes Demarcus Cousins is a hot head. However he can play and would add a lot to the team. We have no post game what so ever. We have no jump shooting from any of contributing bigs. Another guy would be Al Jefferson. We need someone who can do these things.

The assist stat doesn't show how good one is at passing at creating looks. Especially when we shoot poorly. He may create a good look but someone may miss a shot. That isn't his fault. He done his part. The misleading nature of stats. However Iggy has been doing this well all year long as I said. He does a lot of things well for this team. And 4 assists isn't that bad for a shooting guard. It is currently 8th in the NBA for shooting guards.

beastlyskronk
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Meh I think people are too harsh on Iguodala. He's never been a consistent scorer and probably never will be with the way he shoots the ball. But he's a great athlete and can move around without the ball very well. Karl is trying to hand this team over to Ty Lawson. Iguodala and Gallinari compliment Lawson extremely well. Iguodala moving without the ball and cutting to the basket and Gallinari being the 3 pt shooter (supposed to be anyway).

With Iguodala's size and strength I'd love to see him do some work in the post. It isn't like anyone else is dominating with their efforts in the post.

HUMCALC
12-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Nice back-to-back wins guys :) Let's hope the winning streak continues

BroncNuggsRocks
12-18-2012, 03:17 AM
I'm not digging iggy so far from what i've seen.

He makes dumb decisions and turns it over when he shouldn't.

when he brings out the ball, you already know he's shooting a midrange fade with 17 left on the clock.

He likes to jump in the air before knowing what the hell to do with the ball... lol.

as far as kosta, he's great defensively. He knows how to protect the rim. Not so great rebounding, and horrible offensively. He tends to fumble the ball out of fear or whatever the hell it is. Maybe confidence, idk.

and andre miller is the reason mcgee is a reserve imo... they play well together, and karl likes to maximize their time on the court. also mcgee's asthma and carelessness/inconsistencies probably don't help.

edit: but i do see mcgee starting towards the end of the year leading into the playoffs. also jham needs to play more. We'll be needing him in the playoffs. and gallo has been really consistent for a change. faried is faried, ty is ty.

Broncoholic3233
12-18-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm not digging iggy so far from what i've seen.

He makes dumb decisions and turns it over when he shouldn't.

when he brings out the ball, you already know he's shooting a midrange fade with 17 left on the clock.

He likes to jump in the air before knowing what the hell to do with the ball... lol.

as far as kosta, he's great defensively. He knows how to protect the rim. Not so great rebounding, and horrible offensively. He tends to fumble the ball out of fear or whatever the hell it is. Maybe confidence, idk.

and andre miller is the reason mcgee is a reserve imo... they play well together, and karl likes to maximize their time on the court. also mcgee's asthma and carelessness/inconsistencies probably don't help.

edit: but i do see mcgee starting towards the end of the year leading into the playoffs. also jham needs to play more. We'll be needing him in the playoffs. and gallo has been really consistent for a change. faried is faried, ty is ty.

KK reminds me of Nene down low. No hands. I always get a bad feeling when I see someone dishing it to KK down low.

Faried is by far the best at down low catching the ball, idk how the hell he hangs onto some of them.

Jham does need to play more...or hell even put in Evan sometimes. Both of those guys have a pretty consistent shot, so if we need points and can lack some defense, I'd like to see more JHam and Evan.

Broncoholic3233
12-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Little piece from ESPN:

"Despite Andre Iguodala's nightmarish December..."

So, he has been bad to those who don't think he has. He really needs to pick it up already...

johnlimburg
12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
December Stats:

9.8 PPG
36 FG%
4.75 RPG
5.25 APG
1.6 SPG

Sure maybe as a scorer. As I have said he is forcing it and trying to be a player he is not. Every man and his dog knows Andre has struggled at scoring the basketball. But as the guys talked about on Altitude the other night. Miller had a talk with Iggy and discussed what he needs to more of and that was driving to the basket. And not looking for contested jumpshots. He done that last game and I hope it continues. However what I find amusing is that you can't see any other part of his game. You refuse to look at it.

He adds to this team a lot and is better then Afflalo at a lot of things. I have posted this before in response to you but you just ignore it. Like in this thread with the assist conversation. But anyway. Iggy is a better overall player then Afflalo. What I find amusing is that last year you were very slow to acknowledge the bad play of Afflalo. But with Iggy you are here to point it out everytime. Interesting.

But as I said Iggy has been very good at getting guys good looks at the basket. His drives and kicks and his ability to get the ball to open guys has been good. He is a very good passer of the basketball and offers more then Afflalo does in the assist department.

Also as a rebounder and defender Iggy has been much better this year alone then Afflalo ever was for us. He has shut guys down in several games this year and been a massive reason we have won. He done a great job on James Harden earlier in the season and has been consistantly good on that end of the court.

The only thing we miss out on with Afflalo gone and having Iggy is free throw shooting. That is the only thing that Iggy loses to Afflalo on. When it comes to jump shooting I would say that they are the same. When it comes to three point shooting they are the same. When it comes to driving to the basket and in fast break Iggy wins again.

And also the great Kobe Bryant called Iggy Pippenesque on defense. Pretty good compliment. And before this bad stretch shooting Iggy was not doing that bad. He had made clutch shots early in the season and the last two games he has been very good. So hopefully the improvment and upward trend continues today.

Broncoholic3233
12-18-2012, 06:59 PM
You hated AAA from the start. So it's no surprise you feel that way. AAA was good for us. He's having a good year over in Orlando.

And I ignore you half the time because you think you are right about everything. You've never admitted to being wrong about a single thing on this board. You attack people even more than I do.

Espn and others have said iggy hasn't been good. But oh God, they're all wrong. Mr John knows all and is right. Why aren't you a basketball GM? Hell, with how much you think you know, you'd be a prime candidate. Maybe, just maybe, other peope get things right too.

johnlimburg
12-18-2012, 07:08 PM
You hated AAA from the start. So it's no surprise you feel that way. AAA was good for us. He's having a good year over in Orlando.

You wanna do this again. What did I do to upset you this time precious. I never got a reply in that thread which made you a little cranky last time either. I was expecting that. Anyway I have proven this to you before that you are wrong and you are lying on this. I posted many different posts which say otherwise. You did the same to me with Nene. When I have proven it to you you just ignore it. Like most of the things you get involved with on this message board. Not with me but others. You say things which make no sense and run away.

And I ignore you half the time because you think you are right about everything. You've never admitted to
being wrong about a single thing on this board. You attack people even more than I do.

I have so admitted to being wrong about things. I didn't think Cam Newton was worthy of the number of the number one pick. As soon as he looked good I went and bumped a thread I was wrong in to say it. I have done it with other things as well. And what have I been wrong on which you would like me to go and bump in order to say I was wrong. Please inform me and I will do it. Or this will be another thing you don't back up. As usual

Espn and others have said iggy hasn't been good. But oh God, they're all wrong. Mr John knows all and is right. Why aren't you a basketball GM? Hell, with how much you think you know, you'd be a prime candidate. Maybe, just maybe, other peope get things right too.

He has been good in other areas. If you would like to disagree with something I said in that post then do it. You wont cause pretty much everything you have to say in every debate is weak. No substance or depth to any thing you have to say. He has been a horrible scorer for us. Especially in December. In other areas he has been good. But please pick out what I said with that last post and tell me where I am off base. Please.

Broncoholic3233
12-18-2012, 07:39 PM
You wanna do this again. What did I do to upset you this time precious. I never got a reply in that thread which made you a little cranky last time either. I was expecting that. Anyway I have proven this to you before that you are wrong and you are lying on this. I posted many different posts which say otherwise. You did the same to me with Nene. When I have proven it to you you just ignore it. Like most of the things you get involved with on this message board. Not with me but others. You say things which make no sense and run away.

I have so admitted to being wrong about things. I didn't think Cam Newton was worthy of the number of the number one pick. As soon as he looked good I went and bumped a thread I was wrong in to say it. I have done it with other things as well. And what have I been wrong on which you would like me to go and bump in order to say I was wrong. Please inform me and I will do it. Or this will be another thing you don't back up. As usual

He has been good in other areas. If you would like to disagree with something I said in that post then do it. You wont cause pretty much everything you have to say in every debate is weak. No substance or depth to any thing you have to say. He has been a horrible scorer for us. Especially in December. In other areas he has been good. But please pick out what I said with that last post and tell me where I am off base. Please.

More condensation, just proving my point further, I love it.

Prove it. I'll be waiting.

Oh, so you've done it on one thing, Cam Newton. :laugh: Why would I go back, and waste my time, to look over 12,000 posts of yours? Next time I see one, and I'll keep an eye out and let ya know.

Ahh, there ya go again. Thinking you know everything. Like when I get the CP's for our debates, and you claim other people are stupid. :laugh: Once again, you do know other people can be right, while you are on the wrong end, yes?

Yes, he has been a horrible scorer.

Other areas he has averaged 4 assists. Not very good. His drive and kick ability is supposed to be good, but why does he have such a high turnover rate then? On his kick outs, he turns it over this year, leading to a fast break for the other team. I'd love for you to tell me I'm wrong about this one, I'm sure you'll find a way to flip it. Also, if his drive and kick ability was so great for us this year, he'd be averaging more than 4 assists a game, that's just common sense. He would dish it off and we could score points, thus he'd get an assist.

Rebounding 5.4. Good, not great, average. I'm not complaining about his rebounding, if you can find a place where I have, then please inform me.

3.1 turnovers per game. Not good, especially because he's not a point guard, you kind of expect those numbers out PG's putting up 8-10+ assists a night. Not from your shooting guard however. That's a higher rate than our point guards.

As a shooting guard you are supposed to be able to score and typically shoot, hence "shooting" guard. He hasn't done that so far this year. He's been dreadful in what we need from him. If he can drive so easily and score, then he'd be averaging more points than he is too. You claim he is soo much better at that, then why doesn't he have more points? His free throw shooting is dreadful for a guard, yes, that we both know.

His defense has been pretty solid. I like a good amount of defense from him. He doesn't give up, he has the speed to stay on his man and doesn't commit too many stupid fouls. I'd argue Cory Brewer is the better defend though, at least at creating turnovers and getting us those fast break points (look he just had one now as I type that). Also, AAA had shut down a lot of people too, so not sure where you were going with that.

His steals per game aren't too impressive though. He averages little over 1 steal a game, at 1.2.

Anything I missed? Let me know and I'll address those for ya

BroncNuggsRocks
12-18-2012, 08:00 PM
KK reminds me of Nene down low. No hands. I always get a bad feeling when I see someone dishing it to KK down low.

Faried is by far the best at down low catching the ball, idk how the hell he hangs onto some of them.

Jham does need to play more...or hell even put in Evan sometimes. Both of those guys have a pretty consistent shot, so if we need points and can lack some defense, I'd like to see more JHam and Evan.

evans pretty good on D

Broncoholic3233
12-18-2012, 08:03 PM
evans pretty good on D

He's got beat a few times, but who doesn't, but I hear that's GK's gripe on him as a rookie is he needs to improve his D.

But, right now, i'd like some shooters on the floor, so i'd like to see some more of him.

johnlimburg
12-18-2012, 08:42 PM
More condensation, just proving my point further, I love it.

Prove it. I'll be waiting.

When did I ever say I am not condescending ? If you asked me if I am that I would have agreed. It is so hard to do it towards some of the idiotic crap which gets spoken on this message board. The overreacting and such. The sensitivity and non sense from people like you.

Oh, so you've done it on one thing, Cam Newton. :laugh: Why would I go back, and waste my time, to look over 12,000 posts of yours? Next time I see one, and I'll keep an eye out, I'll rub it in your nose, best believe it.

I have done it other times as well. The thing is and it sounds arrogant but I have not been very wrong very often on things. And if you can remember times when I am wrong how come you can't name any. You don't need to bump them. Just say some because all the times that you can remember that I never admit to being. Just inform me. If you can remember say some. Go on. I will be waiting.

Ahh, there ya go again. Thinking you know everything. Like when I get the CP's for our debates, and you claim other people are stupid. :laugh: Once again, you do know other people can be right, while you are on the wrong end, yes?

Yes, he has been a horrible scorer.

Obviously. You are right in saying is a horrible scorer. You are right in saying he has forced shots this season. You are right in saying that Afflalo has a good year in Orlando. You are right in saying that Koufas has bad hands on the offensive end. You are right in saying he is unreliable on the offensive end with the ball. You are right in saying Nene was massively overpaid. You are right in saying he was a very unclutch player. You are right in saying Mosgov and Mcgee should get more playing time.

Other areas he has averaged 4 assists. Not very good. His drive and kick ability is supposed to be good, but why does he have such a high turnover rate then? On his kick outs, he turns it over this year, leading to a fast break for the other team. I'd love for you to tell me I'm wrong about this one, I'm sure you'll find a way to flip it. Also, if his drive and kick ability was so great for us this year, he'd be averaging more than 4 assists a game, that's just common sense. He would dish it off and we could score points, thus he'd get an assist.

No you are not wrong. He has turned it over a fair amount. He has been forcing it at times. And watching him with an unbias mind, which you can't do cause your lover Afflalo got replaced by him. But as I explained to you already. This team has been horrible shooting this season. You can't disagree with that. When you kick to a wide open guy for this team, atleast at the start of the season and up until about 2 weeks ago we would miss.

Did you just see that play. Iggy crosses up a guy. Makes a great pass. A dunk which should be hit is missed. Iggy gets no stat credit. However he made a great play. This is what I am trying to say. The stats do not tell the entire story. Great example right there.

And as I explained to you, 4 assists per game is pretty good for a shooting guard. That was 8th in the league when I posted that stat amongst shooting guards. It is more then Afflalo ever averaged. About 3 points more per game he gets in that department for the team. That can be the difference between being rated the 9th rated offense and the 17th rated offense.

Rebounding 5.4. Good, not great, average. I'm not complaining about his rebounding, if you can find a place where I have, then please inform me.

Nope I was just informing you of another great quality of his as you refused to acknowledge anything good he had been doing for the team. You focused specifically on the negative and that was it. It is something he adds to the team over the last shooting we had. You know, Arron Afflalo. And by the way 5.4 rebounds per game for a shooting guard is very good. You say average huh ? Well your wrong. That is rated 3rd amongst all back court players in the NBA. 3rd in the league amongst guards is not average. It is well above average actually.

3.1 turnovers per game. Not good, especially because he's not a point guard, you kind of expect those numbers out PG's putting up 8-10+ assists a night. Not from your shooting guard however. That's a higher rate than our point guards.

Yep this is bad. Can't deny that. He needs to clean this part of his game up. Someone touched on this yesterday. He leaves his feet sometimes with no plan. And he has to throw it somewhere and it results in turnovers. However I like that he tries to make plays. He makes good plays and sets people up well so that is good.

As a shooting guard you are supposed to be able to score and typically shoot, hence "shooting" guard. He hasn't done that so far this year. He's been dreadful in what we need from him. If he can drive so easily and score, then he'd be averaging more points than he is too. You claim he is soo much better at that, then why doesn't he have more points? His free throw shooting is dreadful for a guard, yes, that we both know.

He is better at driving to the basket then Afflalo. He is more physical and more athletic. However as I just said. He hasn't been doing it much. He has been shooting jump shots too often. Miller spoke to him and in recent games he has been driving a little more. And his offense hasn't been all bad. It has been inconsistant but he has some good offensive games also.

And no. Shooting guards can have different roles. Iggy has always been more of a slasher and a great defender. In fact I thought getting him was to get a good wing defender. Something he has been for us. And expecting him to come here and be our pure shooter was an expectation which shouldn't have been had by anyone.

His defense has been pretty solid. I like a good amount of defense from him. He doesn't give up, he has the speed to stay on his man and doesn't commit too many stupid fouls. I'd argue Cory Brewer is the better defend though, at least at creating turnovers and getting us those fast break points (look he just had one now as I type that). Also, AAA had shut down a lot of people too, so not sure where you were going with that.

Cory brewer is not a better defender at all. He gets overpowered more often. He bites on fakes more often. He gets sucked in by drives more often. He doesn't crowd guys as well. This is just flat wrong. Brewer is not a better defender then Iggy.

And Afflalo was always very overrated on the defensive end. He was good in 2009 and in 2010. However last year he wasn't great. He had some good games. There was one game against La where he got in done and played great. However he is not at the level of Iggy on the defensive end.

His steals per game aren't too impressive though. He averages little over 1 steal a game, at 1.2.

Anything I missed?

No. Credit to you. You responded to the actual post for once. That is all that needed instead of the smart ass post which has us going back and forth like this again. I didn't see anything I was saying which was outlandish or wrong. So I don't see what your original point was. But anyway. Iggy is having a very good game right now. Go Nuggets.

BroncNuggsRocks
12-18-2012, 09:29 PM
walls of texts during a nuggets game. you guys really need to just get a room already ;)

58_VONDOOM_92
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
walls of texts during a nuggets game. you guys really need to just get a room already ;)
I was thinking the same thing lol