PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Friendly Bar/Hangout in L.A. or Hollywood?

crush17
12-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to watch the Broncos game in L.A./Hollywood on Sunday?

We are staying near Sunset Blvd, but we'd be willing to travel a bit if there is a better Broncos bar/hangout spot further away...

Thanks all!

FabrizioHC
12-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Hard to find a Broncos bar in California, specially in LA since everyone here is a Raider fan. They're not hostile but most will talk trash and stuff.

Big Wangs is close to where you are, and a bunch of Bronco fans hang out there on game days. Good food and $15 for a bucket of beer

RockyMts69
12-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Depending on how far you want to travel, but there is a FULL BLOWN Broncos bar in Solano Beach called Chiefs. They have seats from Mile High, one of Elways sideline jackets, and all kinds of other good stuff. And I recomend getting there at least an hour before, because it will be jammed!

AccidenT79
12-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Depending on how far you want to travel, but there is a FULL BLOWN Broncos bar in Solano Beach called Chiefs. They have seats from Mile High, one of Elways sideline jackets, and all kinds of other good stuff. And I recomend getting there at least an hour before, because it will be jammed!

I can't tell if this is:

A) The most poorly-named Broncos bar ever
or
B) A trick to get him to walk into a chiefs bar in full Bronco gear.

:D

DBash
12-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I just moved back to denver after living in LA for the last 7 years, and i agree with Fabrizio, Big Wang's is a great place to watch the Broncos... you'll probably want to get there early though.

98Yards2Glory
12-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I can't tell if this is:

A) The most poorly-named Broncos bar ever
or
B) A trick to get him to walk into a chiefs bar in full Bronco gear.

:D

He's right chiefs is a Bronco bar!

CaliBroncoFan#7
12-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Hard to find a Broncos bar in California, specially in LA since everyone here is a Raider fan. They're not hostile but most will talk trash and stuff.

Big Wangs is close to where you are, and a bunch of Bronco fans hang out there on game days. Good food and $15 for a bucket of beer

Hey Fabrizio. Which Big Wangs are you speaking of? Theres 4 locations; Hollywood, North Hollywood, Downtown LA, or Valencia?

dsignrguy
12-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Hopefully it's not too late, but Brennans pub in marina del ray is a huge Broncos hang out:

http://www.brennanspub-la.com

There's even an LA Broncos fan meetup group that goes there (though it looks a little lite for tomorrow):

http://www.meetup.com/LABroncoFans/events/96609712/?a=md1_grp&rv=md1&_af_eid=96609712&_af=event

Good luck, and have fun.

FabrizioHC
12-30-2012, 02:01 AM
Hey Fabrizio. Which Big Wangs are you speaking of? Theres 4 locations; Hollywood, North Hollywood, Downtown LA, or Valencia?

The one in Hollywood, I'm not sure about the other ones, maybe they're also Broncos-hangouts but the only one I've been to is the one in Hollywood, it should be fairly close to you too, depending on where you're staying maybe you can even walk there. It's a block away from Amoeba Music and CNN, right on Cahuenga and Selma. Like DBash said, you might want to get there early, specially since the game starts at 1:30, people will go out for lunch and whatnot. Try to get there at least 30 minutes before the game.

MileHighStud
12-30-2012, 03:00 AM
If you are staying on or near Sunset blvd, there is a place we use to go to called "Barney's Beanery" huge selection of beer and very football friendly. If not there you can go to another place we use to check out games, HOOTERS in Burbank. Pretty mixed up in regard to fans, but usually moreso Raider fans. Being that theire season is done I imagine they wont be that large in numbers. Either way they are all pretty cool.

Are you just visiting Southern Cali?

CaliBroncoFan#7
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
The one in Hollywood, I'm not sure about the other ones, maybe they're also Broncos-hangouts but the only one I've been to is the one in Hollywood, it should be fairly close to you too, depending on where you're staying maybe you can even walk there. It's a block away from Amoeba Music and CNN, right on Cahuenga and Selma. Like DBash said, you might want to get there early, specially since the game starts at 1:30, people will go out for lunch and whatnot. Try to get there at least 30 minutes before the game.

Thanks for the info, I never been there but I'm about 1-1.5 hrs. away from that area but I'd definitely like to check it out. I havent been to a big Broncos bar in a long time I usually watch local at a Bar and Grill I frequent or at home when I did have DirecTV Sunday Ticket. I am going to arrange a trip over there for the playoff game.