PDA

View Full Version : Flying out from NJ for the Playoff game next Saturday!

Caulkmometer
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
So on a whim, I said 'screw it' and got tix for next Saturday's game at Mile High. I'll be meeting up with my friend from Utah and we'll be in Section 131, Row 7 (Southstands, endzone I believe). I've only been to a Broncos home game once before and it was against the Raiders in '08 where we got beat pretty bad and the game was overall, pretty dull. I'm hoping with our SB hopes on the line that the place will be pretty damn rowdy!

So last time I was in Denver I asked you guys for some suggestions and y'all were very helpful. I did the stadium tour, went to the Garden of the Gods and had some beers at the Wynkoop. Any other things I should check out? I'll have most of Friday and all day Sunday to do whatever and I may rent a car. I love good food (steak, burgers etc) and am big into photography, so if there's any great scenic places to check out, I'm all ears. I've never been to Red Rocks, if that helps.

Anyway, if you're gonna be at the game make sure you get LOUD and if you see me in my section (I'll be the guy with a beard and Von Miller jersey; I know that doesn't narrow it down in the least) come say hi!

GO BRONCOS!!! :salute:

Preetv
01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm trying to get a ticket too, but I'll be by myself :(.

I've never been to Denver..how far is the stadium from the Airport? And any suggestions as to where I should be staying..like close to mile high or the airport?? Just curious =/

Caulkmometer
01-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm trying to get a ticket too, but I'll be by myself :(.

I've never been to Denver..how far is the stadium from the Airport? And any suggestions as to where I should be staying..like close to mile high or the airport?? Just curious =/

The stadium is about 30 minutes give or take from the airport. I'm staying at the Sheraton Downtown, but I'm using a family member's hotel points so I'm not sure how pricey it is. I stayed there last time and it was right at the 16th street mall and there were plenty of restaurants within walking distance. They also had a shuttle that went directly to the stadium.

As for the tickets, I went through Stubhub. They tacked on an extra $70 to my ticket order but the Ticketmaster exchange was going to charge an extra $90 per ticket, so forget them. There were plenty of seats in the 500 level for around $200, so expect to pay around $300 for those seats.

86Elwayfan
01-03-2013, 12:13 PM
So on a whim, I said 'screw it' and got tix for next Saturday's game at Mile High. I'll be meeting up with my friend from Utah and we'll be in Section 131, Row 7 (Southstands, endzone I believe). I've only been to a Broncos home game once before and it was against the Raiders in '08 where we got beat pretty bad and the game was overall, pretty dull. I'm hoping with our SB hopes on the line that the place will be pretty damn rowdy!

So last time I was in Denver I asked you guys for some suggestions and y'all were very helpful. I did the stadium tour, went to the Garden of the Gods and had some beers at the Wynkoop. Any other things I should check out? I'll have most of Friday and all day Sunday to do whatever and I may rent a car. I love good food (steak, burgers etc) and am big into photography, so if there's any great scenic places to check out, I'm all ears. I've never been to Red Rocks, if that helps.

Anyway, if you're gonna be at the game make sure you get LOUD and if you see me in my section (I'll be the guy with a beard and Von Miller jersey; I know that doesn't narrow it down in the least) come say hi!

GO BRONCOS!!! :salute:

Red Rocks is a must I think if you are visiting the city. (It's very scenic :) ) It's one of my favorite places to go in Denver and it is free as well so that is good. Depending on what you want to spend on food the Buckhorn Exchange is a unique dining experience to Denver. They grill all sorts of different stuff from bison to ostrich to snake and have good food. (I have only been here once though as its pricey) Also I love the town of Golden which is just west of Denver has a cool old town feel to it (And you can go on the coors brewery tour for free!) If you do go to Golden there is a Sandwich shop in town called D' Deli best sandwiches ever...literally ever. I go there all the time. Not sure if that is what you are looking for but there you go.

Caulkmometer
01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Red Rocks is a must I think if you are visiting the city. (It's very scenic :) ) It's one of my favorite places to go in Denver and it is free as well so that is good. Depending on what you want to spend on food the Buckhorn Exchange is a unique dining experience to Denver. They grill all sorts of different stuff from bison to ostrich to snake and have good food. (I have only been here once though as its pricey) Also I love the town of Golden which is just west of Denver has a cool old town feel to it (And you can go on the coors brewery tour for free!) If you do go to Golden there is a Sandwich shop in town called D' Deli best sandwiches ever...literally ever. I go there all the time. Not sure if that is what you are looking for but there you go.

Much appreciated! I'll look into those suggestions.

dandaman23
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Lucky, I would give anything to be at the game next Saturday, it's just so damn expensive flying out of Alaska, a round trip ticket to Denver at the cheapest is around 700 dollars. Then I have to pay for hotel, food, not to mention the actual game tickets!

Enjoy the game for all of us that can't be there! I'll be screaming just as loud from home as I would be if I was there!

VenomousDB
01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Restaurants I suggest are the Buckhorn Exchange, Elways, Shanahans, The Cherry Cricket, and Casa Bonita (seriously best food this side of the Mizzippi)

preet-the airport is pretty far out of town. Probably 30+ mins from the stadium, with no traffic. Also, if you need someone to go with then you can buy me a ticket and id go ;). ha just kidding.

Im thinking about getting a ticket but I might just cross my fingers and hope we get to the championship game and go to that one.

86Elwayfan
01-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Restaurants I suggest are the Buckhorn Exchange, Elways, Shanahans, The Cherry Cricket, and Casa Bonita (seriously best food this side of the Mizzippi)

preet-the airport is pretty far out of town. Probably 30+ mins from the stadium, with no traffic. Also, if you need someone to go with then you can buy me a ticket and id go ;). ha just kidding.

Im thinking about getting a ticket but I might just cross my fingers and hope we get to the championship game and go to that one.

Don't listen to Venom about Casa Bonita...it's all a ruse make you not feel well so he can stealz your ticket.

MileHighInNY
01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Don't listen to Venom about Casa Bonita...it's all a ruse make you not feel well so he can stealz your ticket.

Ha, agreed; I started flying out to Denver for games (from NYC) last season, and after the playoff game against the Steelers we decided to venture to Casa Bonita (I'm a big South Park fan). My wife and I were both sooooo sick the next day, and we had to fly home suffering from food poisoning. Not a fun plane ride.

We won't be making that a ritual and we have no plans to return to that restaurant after this year's playoff games.

Caulkmometer
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I've heard nothing positive about Casa Bonita but nice try, VDB! I'll see what the bank account looks like after the game and maybe I'll hit up Elways or Shanahan's.

Preetv
01-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm so glad round trip from portland is only 200 now I can spend more on good seats*;). Thanks for the suggestion I should be booking the trip soon.

Preetv
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Lol honestly I would buy one..I'm crazy like that. Are there any good hotels then around the stadium that I could stay at? I'm talking between 4-5 star..or maybe the team hotel lol.

I really can't decide between the championship game or this one..I'm so confused and excited lol I just wanna go right now!! Haha.

broncofan2415
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Yup, coming out myself as well! Cant wait. Had a $50 round trip offer
Hopefully sitting in section 129 row 9!
Go Broncos

brianmcfarlane
01-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Red Rocks is a must I think if you are visiting the city. (It's very scenic :) ) It's one of my favorite places to go in Denver and it is free as well so that is good. Depending on what you want to spend on food the Buckhorn Exchange is a unique dining experience to Denver. They grill all sorts of different stuff from bison to ostrich to snake and have good food. (I have only been here once though as its pricey) Also I love the town of Golden which is just west of Denver has a cool old town feel to it (And you can go on the coors brewery tour for free!) If you do go to Golden there is a Sandwich shop in town called D' Deli best sandwiches ever...literally ever. I
go there all the time. Not sure if that is what you are looking for but there you go.

You forgot to mention the Rocky Mountain Oysters:thumb: at the Buckhorn. I would mention a tour at the New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins but unfortunately you have to make reservations and next Friday is FULL. Red Rocks is worth the short trip and Golden is not far from there either... Coors tour is great. As far as breweries go you might try the Denver Brewery 1695 Platte St, Denver... they have what is called the Brewey Hike ... http://denverbeerco.com/about-us/brewery-tour/

Casa Bonita is a cool place ti see but it is not a place to go to eat.

VenomousDB
01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Lol honestly I would buy one..I'm crazy like that. Are there any good hotels then around the stadium that I could stay at? I'm talking between 4-5 star..or maybe the team hotel lol.

I really can't decide between the championship game or this one..I'm so confused and excited lol I just wanna go right now!! Haha.

Theres a bunch of nice hotels downtown. Magnolia, Brown Palace, Ritz (i think)...they are pretty decently expensive.

I cant decide either. I think Id rather hold out for the championship game but I just dont know!

Preetv
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Theres a bunch of nice hotels downtown. Magnolia, Brown Palace, Ritz (i think)...they are pretty decently expensive.

I cant decide either. I think Id rather hold out for the championship game but I just dont know!

Yeah I just checked on priceline. Embassy suites is decent I guess for 146 a night lol O_O

Capt Veg
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
As for the tickets, I went through Stubhub. They tacked on an extra $70 to my ticket order but the Ticketmaster exchange was going to charge an extra $90 per ticket, so forget them. There were plenty of seats in the 500 level for around $200, so expect to pay around $300 for those seats.

So did I and they don't tack on $70 to the order?!!? Ive bought ticket off there 3 times now, each time has been a $27 "Fee" .

Going by myself too- probably going to hit the bar near the stadium at 10;30... or if anyone is willling to have a lone Aussie come tailgate wtih them I would be most obliged :lol:

86Elwayfan
01-03-2013, 03:19 PM
You forgot to mention the Rocky Mountain Oysters:thumb: at the Buckhorn. I would mention a tour at the New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins but unfortunately you have to make reservations and next Friday is FULL. Red Rocks is worth the short trip and Golden is not far from there either... Coors tour is great. As far as breweries go you might try the Denver Brewery 1695 Platte St, Denver... they have what is called the Brewey Hike ... http://denverbeerco.com/about-us/brewery-tour/

Casa Bonita is a cool place ti see but it is not a place to go to eat.

Haha I figured Rocky Mountain Oysters were a given >< Also another cool place is the Denver Ale House at Amatos great food tons of good beer right near downtown and SA@MH

86Elwayfan
01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
So did I and they don't tack on $70 to the order?!!? Ive bought ticket off there 3 times now, each time has been a $27 "Fee" .

Going by myself too- probably going to hit the bar near the stadium at 10;30... or if anyone is willling to have a lone Aussie come tailgate wtih them I would be most obliged :lol:

I tailgate in Lot M. WIll most definitely be there by 10:30 for sure and you are most welcome to join us. Let me know if you would like to through PM and I will give you contact info. :salute:

Preetv
01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
If I make it..can I join the tailgate party too? Lol -.-

VenomousDB
01-03-2013, 03:49 PM

nice 150 isnt bad.
so then youll just have to get the tickets for you and i. lol kidding..again :P

86Elwayfan
01-03-2013, 03:51 PM

For sure same thing goes. Just send me a PM and I will get you contact info as well.

Capt Veg
01-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I tailgate in Lot M. WIll most definitely be there by 10:30 for sure and you are most welcome to join us. Let me know if you would like to through PM and I will give you contact info. :salute:

Awsome thankyou! I will PM you now.

Preetv
01-03-2013, 04:07 PM
nice 150 isnt bad.
so then youll just have to get the tickets for you and i. lol kidding..again :P

Yeahh, I'm on it VDB!! :D.

Preetv
01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
For sure same thing goes. Just send me a PM and I will get you contact info as well.

K as soon as I figure it out with my school I will get a hold of you.

Awesome :D

VenomousDB
01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeahh, I'm on it VDB!! :D.

You got my hopes all up and squashed them. thanks a lot!! :smash:

Preetv
01-03-2013, 04:24 PM
You got my hopes all up and squashed them. thanks a lot!! :smash:

Hugs?? :)

Stupid10characters

VenomousDB
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Hugs?? :)

Stupid10characters

hugs denied

Preetv
01-03-2013, 04:34 PM
hugs denied

Oh c'mon VDB....cheer up :p.

VenomousDB
01-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Oh c'mon VDB....cheer up :p.

haha. ahh fine

Frenchy180
01-03-2013, 07:21 PM
haha. ahh fine

until you realize... she bought me a ticket ;)

elway7777
01-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Rocky Mountain Oysters....ewwwwwww...go for it if you are into edible testicles.

elway7777
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I know what the team hotel is. Stayed there twice and met the whole team during the Shanny era. I even asked Sharpe if we need to call the national guard (Patriots Monday Night Game in 1997).

PureBlue&Orange
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I'll be flying out on Friday and arrive in Denver around 2pm or so, so i'll have plenty of time to check out the area and i don't want to stay in the hotel all day lol! where are some good places to eat? places to check out? etc.. Also, whats the best way to arrive to the stadium? is there some sort of public transportation option? and what time do they start to let you into the stadium, i won't be tailgating lol. any info would be sweet lol! Thanks :D

EddieMac
01-03-2013, 10:19 PM
I refer you to this thread (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?219123-Flying-out-from-NJ-for-the-Playoff-game-next-Saturday!)

Matymaddog
01-03-2013, 10:22 PM
I hope with all of these threads about people that never go to games going to this next game we have means there will be zero tickets for the oppositions fans unlike our game against the steelers last year. BE AS LOU AS POSSIBLE!!! Yeaaaaaa

Matymaddog
01-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Except for when we have the ball: Manning doesn't like that

Frenchy180
01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Tentatively speaking, the forecast is for a low of 4, and a high of 38, but it's a week and a day out, so that could change... It's a dry cold here, so I'd suggest bringing some chap stick... Dress in layers, including your feet. and be prepared to be LOUD on every defensive snap!

Frenchy180
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I hope with all of these threads about people that never go to games going to this next game we have means there will be zero tickets for the oppositions fans unlike our game against the steelers last year. BE AS LOU AS POSSIBLE!!! Yeaaaaaa

Yeah, there were far too many Steelers fans there last year... It's ok, we kept them quiet for the most part.

GoManning
01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
It would be pretty awesome if someone could make a sign that reads something like Broncos Country Boards or Forums.

:D

Have fun!!! :salute:

Preetv
01-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I know what the team hotel is. Stayed there twice and met the whole team during the Shanny era. I even asked Sharpe if we need to call the national guard (Patriots Monday Night Game in 1997).

OKAY SPILL THE BEANS OMG I DON'T LIKE SECRETS!!!!!

Preetv
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
until you realize... she bought me a ticket ;)

Lol Frenchy..it was supposed to be hush hush smh.

Caulkmometer
01-03-2013, 10:40 PM
I've actually had Rocky Mtn Oysters back when I used to visit during my high school years. I used to love the movie Funny Farm, so when I had the chance to try them I was all about it. My friend is flying in Saturday morning and I was debating heading over to the stadium early and maybe seeing if we could tailgate with some locals. I see people mentioning the bar nearby. What's the name of it and is it in walking distance from the stadium? If I rent a car, I'm thinking Red Rocks is where I'll spend my free day.