PDA

View Full Version : Official NHL Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

InsaneBlaze23
01-21-2013, 06:05 PM
How is there not already a hockey thread? Maybe my such filters is messed up, but I didn't see one.

Post all things hockey in this thread.

My team looked like complete crap Saturday. I'm not gonna blame the lockout, but they looked sloppy and out of place. Jimmy Howard doesn't get a slap on the wrist, I think he's the most overrated goalie in hockey.

canadiansbronco
01-28-2013, 08:41 PM
My boy PK is baaack :D

CoryWinget81
01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
My team is full of third line talent.

InsaneBlaze23
01-28-2013, 09:15 PM
My team is full of third line talent.

But but, I like Paul Stastny.

canadiansbronco
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
But but, I like Paul Stastny.

I like him too....at about 3 mil les per year

Broncoholic3233
01-28-2013, 09:26 PM
i do not approve...

i dislike him a lot

canadiansbronco
01-28-2013, 11:29 PM
i do not approve...

i dislike him a lot

Because he is overpaide by about 3 mil ? Or you just dont like him ?

Broncoholic3233
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Because he is overpaide by about 3 mil ? Or you just dont like him ?

I agree with you on that.

He sucks too, and is about as unclutch as they come, so I don't like him either.

Broncoholic3233
01-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Cory and I discussed this tonight ...

His dad + DU = free from criticism even though he deserves a lot of it

Jake hates him too I know

canadiansbronco
01-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Cory and I discussed this tonight ...

His dad + DU = free from criticism even though he deserves a lot of it

Jake hates him too I know

Agree about that but i dont think he sucks tho...He just never lived up to a freakish legacy and the contract that went with it.

InsaneBlaze23
01-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Mike Babcock needs to start Jonas Gustavsson. Just saying, I may be in the few with Wings fans that believe Jimmy Howard is merely an average goalie....but he shouldn't be playing.

sbxxxiichamps
01-29-2013, 08:01 PM
My Devils off to a solid start. Offense isn't too impressive, but David Clarkson is doing a great job stepping up with a point in each of the first 5 games.

Another note, I Know the Hawks are 6-0 right now but I'm picking the Blues to represent the West...I like what they have going on over there.

SoundsOfSuccess
01-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Went to the Ducks game on Saturday.. Amazing game, won in a shootout!

I wasn't all too excited for hockey to come back, I follow the Ducks but hockey is an afterthought for me. But after going to that game and seeing the great start to the season, I'm defintely watching more and more FSN West!

sbxxxiichamps
01-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Just found out through my school I can go to the upcoming Sabres v Jets game in February for like 20 bucks so I'll be there :D.

Now do I wear my Brodeur Hoodie or Olympic Parise Jersey?...although I'm not sure if I want to forgive Parise for leaving :ugh:

bears6385
01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Blackhawks off to a 6-0-1 start A total team effort.

InsaneBlaze23
02-02-2013, 01:14 AM
Hank got a hat trick.

theMileHighGuy
02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
I swear Evgeni Malkin is the most hot and cold player I've ever seen. He'll make some jaw dropping play happen one moment, and then turn it over in his own zone for the rest of the period.

Pens look shaky to start the season at 4-3. No depth at wing is killing them. I don't think they've started the same lines in the last 2 or 3 games. I still think they have the best power play in the league, I don't think you can put 5 better players on the ice than Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, and Letang.

They can't figure out the starting goalie either. Honestly I think Fleury could be traded.

Broncoholic3233
02-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Yakupov is going to get his ass targeted and beat down here soon and this guy can't wait for it.

what a punk

InsaneBlaze23
02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Yakupov is going to get his ass targeted and beat down here soon and this guy can't wait for it.

what a punk

Kinda like Jordan Tootoo. During the Wings-Stars game the star keep taking shots at him, started 2 fights(Tootoo won).
Every Dallas hockey fan hates Tootoo and their players despise him.

theMileHighGuy
02-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Sorry Devils, Pens came to play this afternoon :)

Wish I hadn't fallen asleep :(

theMileHighGuy
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
King Kunitz got a hat trick today :D Pens really heating up.

Vokoun or Fleury could be on the block. Who really needs a goalie?

sbxxxiichamps
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
NJD Beat the rangers :cool:

canadiansbronco
02-05-2013, 09:33 PM
LOVE my habs this year cant wait to beatdown boston !!!

Remedy
02-07-2013, 03:26 PM
LOL bruins traded crazy tim thomas to the isles..

now they have 2 goalies getting paid a fortune to ... really not play very much.. or at all

theMileHighGuy
02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Pens about to put another beatdown on the Caps. Talk about a team in dismay. Caps might actually be worse than the Avs lol :P

InsaneBlaze23
02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Red Wings are starting a rookie at goalie tonight. I hope him or the Monster become starter over Howard. I continue my campaign that Jimmy Howard is overrated and Detroit will never win another Cup with him at goalie.

Broncoholic3233
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
can avs haz that goalie now?

theMileHighGuy
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
5-1 at the end of the 2nd. 3 for 4 on the PP, best PP in the league, albeit the caps are terrible.

Crosby just had an awesome goal tapping it out of the air.

Can't wait for the NJD game on Saturday sbxiii! Should be good.

Mrazek is having a good game so far Blaze.

InsaneBlaze23
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Haha the rookie played great vs the team that destroyed Howard.

theMileHighGuy
02-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Pitt/NJD games are always awesome. I've never seen a team be shorthanded for a whole period, but the pens managed it today. Rematch tomorrow, it's like the playoffs already!

Marty was brilliant as usual this afternoon.

sbxxxiichamps
02-09-2013, 07:36 PM
5-1 at the end of the 2nd. 3 for 4 on the PP, best PP in the league, albeit the caps are terrible.

Crosby just had an awesome goal tapping it out of the air.

Can't wait for the NJD game on Saturday sbxiii! Should be good.

Mrazek is having a good game so far Blaze.

Watched the Pens Devils today and I have to say the Devils played strong the whole game! Helped that the Pens had 13 penalties lol but still I'll take 1st in the Atlantic and Eastern Conference :)

should be a good matchup tomorrow as well! The Devils always end up having to work extra hard it seems to score, which generally makes the games that much more competitive

InsaneBlaze23
02-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Wings vs Kings. I actually expect Detroit to walk over LA, but you never know with Jimmy Howard at goalie.

theMileHighGuy
02-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Wings vs Kings. I actually expect Detroit to walk over LA, but you never know with Jimmy Howard at goalie.

Jimmy Howard friggin dominated lol. I don't think the other guys had 45 saves in em

NJD @ Pitt round 2 gooooo

InsaneBlaze23
02-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Jimmy Howard friggin dominated lol. I don't think the other guys had 45 saves in em

NJD @ Pitt round 2 gooooo

Indeed. My problem with Howie is that he is inconsistent. One night he'll have a game where he gets 45 saves. The next he'll allow 5 goals. Detroit wants someone who can be as close to Osgood as possible. Jimmy Howard isn't that. Another flaw of his, he lets in easy goals. He defends greatly vs had to block shots and amazing shots. But the simplest shot will get in on him.

theMileHighGuy
02-13-2013, 07:43 PM
I like that the Pens got back on track against the Sens after the double shilacking by the NJD. However Matt Cooke made a horrible dirty play that made me sick... kicked Karlsson right in the achilles. Probably ended his season and who knows with achilles maybe career. Cooke really changed the way he plays the last couple years but watching the replay it could have been an accident but it looked dirty. Will have to see if the league takes action.

canadiansbronco
02-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Damn poor sens and especially Karlson, however i dont think it was intentional...

sbxxxiichamps
02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Devils still rolling!!!! Ponikarovsky scoring in hes first game back after reacquiring him.

canadiansbronco
02-18-2013, 11:41 PM
So that linesman that missed the call in the avs game is either blind, legally retarded or got paid because that was the mother of all offsides lol

Remedy
02-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Habs #2 right now..

another big win tonight!

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 12:16 AM
So that linesman that missed the call in the avs game is either blind, legally retarded or got paid because that was the mother of all offsides lol

I heard he said that he thought the Predators passed the puck back, making it legal for Duchene to touch it and score.

Obviously they didn't, they merely tipped it, but he saw it off the stick and thought it was a pass.

A horribly, awful missed call that was hilarious. Everyone stopped...Duchene included....and then he just waltzed up, top shelfed it and the horn sounded. So hilarious watching it live.

Remedy
02-19-2013, 12:18 AM
I heard he said that he thought the Predators passed the puck back, making it legal for Duchene to touch it and score.

Obviously they didn't, they merely tipped it, but he saw it off the stick and thought it was a pass.

A horribly, awful missed call that was hilarious. Everyone stopped...Duchene included....and then he just waltzed up, top shelfed it and the horn sounded. So hilarious watching it live.

yeah... that has to be the head shaker of the week for sure.

theMileHighGuy
02-19-2013, 02:47 AM
yeah... that has to be the head shaker of the week for sure.

Did you see Pacioretty's hail mary from the red line? Pretty funny.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=49&id=203172&cmpid=embed-share-video

Pens are playing good but I'm almost dreading playing the Flyers on wednesday... they are going to be on fire after crushing NYI.

CanDB
02-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Devils still rolling!!!! Ponikarovsky scoring in hes first game back after reacquiring him.

He couldn't score for us, but maybe that says something about our team this year!:sad:

If we (The Jets) don't get it going soon, we may be in the high draft pick race......

CanDB
02-19-2013, 09:08 AM

Duchene took it in like he was embarrassed, or was afraid to shoot it for fear he would get attacked for shooting after the whistle. Never seen a play quite like it!

Remedy
02-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Did you see Pacioretty's hail mary from the red line? Pretty funny.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=49&id=203172&cmpid=embed-share-video

Pens are playing good but I'm almost dreading playing the Flyers on wednesday... they are going to be on fire after crushing NYI.

straight up knucklepuck...

patches face after he scored was funny.

canadiansbronco
02-19-2013, 07:39 PM
First in the east !!!!!!!!

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 07:42 PM
12th in the west!!!!!!!!!

SoundsOfSuccess
02-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Ducks = Unbeatable!!!

Remedy
02-19-2013, 09:03 PM

so good ;)

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 09:14 PM
so good ;)

What about us :cross:

theMileHighGuy
02-19-2013, 10:17 PM

so good ;)

Till tomorrow :smug:

What about us :cross:

About to get beat up by the Blues.

canadiansbronco
02-19-2013, 11:28 PM
12th in the west!!!!!!!!!

Jones or Mackinon !!!!

Remedy
02-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Jones or Mackinon !!!!

Mack.. by a mile

theMileHighGuy
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Mack.. by a mile

If I was the Avs, I'd be taking Seth Jones.

Remedy
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
If I was the Avs, I'd be taking Seth Jones.

No way in hell anyone passes on Mackinnon ... no way.. he's the best prospect to come out since Crosby...

theMileHighGuy
02-19-2013, 11:59 PM
No way in hell anyone passes on Mackinnon ... no way.. he's the best prospect to come out since Crosby...

I suppose. The Avs look like a bunch of pansies playing against physical teams. They have forwards. Jones will be the next Pronger or Chara.

Remedy
02-20-2013, 12:18 AM
I suppose. The Avs look like a bunch of pansies playing against physical teams. They have forwards. Jones will be the next Pronger or Chara.

Regardless... Mak >>>>> everyone else in the upcoming draft... I don't even think it's close.

He will go first over all, id bet a paycheck on it.

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Ummmm I didn't ask you to rip on my team. Thank you very much. Jerks :(

We won't finish in last, not even close if I had to guess, so we won't be getting either of them. I bet we finish 10th or 11th.

I hope Stewart and Shatternick total 5 points each against us, just to show up our moronic front office.

Remedy
02-20-2013, 01:03 AM
Tis true, Poor columbus!
and lol@ the caps..

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Honestly, finishing last might not be so bad.

1) It's a lockout year. Less hockey, not a big deal, even if you win it's going to have an *.

2) Sacco would get fired.

3) If that guy is the next Crosby, that'd be awesome.

4) Our FO will be exposed for the morons they are.

Remedy
02-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Not sure if he's the next crosby.. but he is the best prospect to come out SINCE Crosby... no one in any draft has been near as good.

He is by far the best prospect of the draft.

So glad the leafs aren't totally bad because I want him no where near my division.. and in no way playing for one of our dreaded rivals.

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Not sure if he's the next crosby.. but he is the best prospect to come out SINCE Crosby... no one in any draft has been near as good.

So glad the leafs aren't totally bad because I want him no where near my division.. and in no way playing for one of our dreaded rivals.

Landeskog :coffee:

LANDY LANDY LANDY LANDY LANDY

EVER HEARD OF LANDESKOG!?!??!?!?!?!?!

He's good.

Kthnxbia sleep time.

CanDB
02-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Well we won again, so we're temporarily out of the Mac/Jones race. Did you see our guy Kane miss the empty net on the high side?? They could have tied us after that?? Evander's a great talent but sometimes...:confused:

Hey bud......you really think Mac is a better prospect than Jones? We'd love him, because we're short on O. Then again, we're better than that (picking so low), at least I think so. This Drouin kid looks like another star in the making.

CanDB
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Tis true, Poor columbus!
and lol@ the caps..

Not sure if we have any Columbus fans here, but I get a strong feeling that they will be in the draft lottery for a couple more years.....minimum. I hate to say it, but I doubt anyone wants to go there. Used to be that few guys wanted to come here, but over time our rep has improved. When asked about this city, Selanne's wife gave it a big thumbs up.

As for Columbus.....seems to be a real management problem in terms of putting a solid roster on the ice. Not sure however of their 1st pick has recovered from injury yet. Then again, he's a young Dman, and would not make a huge impact just yet.

CanDB
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
One more thing......can you folks believe we're basically 1/3 through the season! Talk about a sprint this year! It's painfully obvious how short it is, when a guy gets a lengthy but not normally season-ending injury, and is essentially done.....I guess that would translate to season-ending after all.;)

InsaneBlaze23
02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
One more thing......can you folks believe we're basically 1/3 through the season! Talk about a sprint this year! It's painfully obvious how short it is, when a guy gets a lengthy but not normally season-ending injury, and is essentially done.....I guess that would translate to season-ending after all.;)

The short season upsets me. The NHL passed NFL as my favorite sport to watch, it sucks that I can't enjoy all the games until next season. I don't have enough hockey, and it doesn't help that during the short season your team is playing like crap and pretty much suck.

CanDB
02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
The short season upsets me. The NHL passed NFL as my favorite sport to watch, it sucks that I can't enjoy all the games until next season. I don't have enough hockey, and it doesn't help that during the short season your team is playing like crap and pretty much suck.

It's a shame we lost such a huge chunk of the season over negotiations. And I am certainly Not bringing this up to be discussed again, given the sports world talked about it for at least 4 months, day after flippin day!

But it does taint the season.......(ha ha) unless my team wins!!! 48 games is hardly a season, not to mention the teams had very little time to prepare, which means we saw a poor quality of play for the first week or two.

Hockey is a great game.......expecially when it's end to end, and few stoppages. Few sports can deliver that continuous action, when it's right. Having played hockey since I was a kid, whether it be on the ice or street hockey, and watching Hockey Night In Canada since the 50s, the love affair has never died......but a hastily put together 48 game season is unfortunate.

InsaneBlaze23
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
It's a shame we lost such a huge chunk of the season over negotiations. And I am certainly Not bringing this up to be discussed again, given the sports world talked about it for at least 4 months, day after flippin day!

But it does taint the season.......(ha ha) unless my team wins!!! 48 games is hardly a season, not to mention the teams had very little time to prepare, which means we saw a poor quality of play for the first week or two.

Hockey is a great game.......expecially when it's end to end, and few stoppages. Few sports can deliver that continuous action, when it's right. Having played hockey since I was a kid, whether it be on the ice or street hockey, and watching Hockey Night In Canada since the 50s, the love affair has never died......but a hastily put together 48 game season is unfortunate.

I hear you. But I'm not even gonna use the shortened season as an excuse for the Red Wings play. They suck right now and are looking like they will miss the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. Sure they and everyone else didn't get a lot of time to prepare. But Detroit didn't have a back-up plan to their back-up plan. The back-up plan when Lidstrom retired was to sign Suter or Praise. We got neither, Detroit didn't have a plan in place if they couldn't get either. Then Tomas retired, they was no back-up plan other than signing old vets that wouldn't start on other team and move Franzen into the position of screening the goalie. Yeah the season is tainted, but the product on Ice from some teams is the team itself fault.

That's why I like hockey, it seems like even with a stupid commish, the game on Ice is still the same. Stupid rules and blown calls aren't often. You really can't use the "It's the refs fault" excuse because they generally let them play until a completely obvious penalty needs to be called. It's always entertaining, even 0-0 3rd period games that end in shootouts are entertaining. Baseball nobody wants to watch a 0-0 game.

CanDB
02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
I hear you. But I'm not even gonna use the shortened season as an excuse for the Red Wings play. They suck right now and are looking like they will miss the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. Sure they and everyone else didn't get a lot of time to prepare. But Detroit didn't have a back-up plan to their back-up plan. The back-up plan when Lidstrom retired was to sign Suter or Praise. We got neither, Detroit didn't have a plan in place if they couldn't get either. Then Tomas retired, they was no back-up plan other than signing old vets that wouldn't start on other team and move Franzen into the position of screening the goalie. Yeah the season is tainted, but the product on Ice from some teams is the team itself fault.

That's why I like hockey, it seems like even with a stupid commish, the game on Ice is still the same. Stupid rules and blown calls aren't often. You really can't use the "It's the refs fault" excuse because they generally let them play until a completely obvious penalty needs to be called. It's always entertaining, even 0-0 3rd period games that end in shootouts are entertaining. Baseball nobody wants to watch a 0-0 game.

Over the years I have been a Red Wings fan, especially when we lost our team. They typically made a key move whenever they lost someone important. But as you say, they didn't land one of those players this year, and it is tough losing the vets you lost.

Then again, watching Datsyuk is worth the price of admission!

theMileHighGuy
02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
I can definitely call out the refs a little bit. I guess it's not all their fault though. The new boarding rules and some of the other little things are a joke. If a guy goes into the wall you have to let him go or they're going to call boarding. The Pens had something like 14 penalties against the NJD a week or so back and before that I don't think they had more than 4 in a game. It's definitely not as bad as football, but there's no consistant officiating anywhere in sports.

Wings don't look very good today :P

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 02:48 PM
I can definitely call out the refs a little bit. I guess it's not all their fault though. The new boarding rules and some of the other little things are a joke. If a guy goes into the wall you have to let him go or they're going to call boarding. The Pens had something like 14 penalties against the NJD a week or so back and before that I don't think they had more than 4 in a game. It's definitely not as bad as football, but there's no consistant officiating anywhere in sports.

Wait, you think NFL officiating in general is bad? Hockey's is better?

theMileHighGuy
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Wait, you think NFL officiating in general is bad? Hockey's is better?

Yes, the only thing consistant about NFL officiating is that it decides games.

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Yes, the only thing consistant about NFL officiating is that it decides games.

Hmmm. Weird. I think NFL has the best officiating out of any major sport. (Not that they are actually that good, but in comparison)

From worst to best, IMO:

NBA
MLB
NHL/NFL

theMileHighGuy
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Hmmm. Weird. I think NFL has the best officiating out of any major sport. (Not that they are actually that good, but in comparison)

From worst to best, IMO:

NBA
MLB
NHL/NFL

I don't really watch much basketball and I don't follow baseball at all, so I guess I don't have a fair comparison.

Lindy Ruff let go by Buffalo, long time coming.

InsaneBlaze23
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM

They suck, no surprise.

theMileHighGuy
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Battle of Pennsylvania, here we go!!

Remedy
02-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Good tilt between Glass and Simmonds

theMileHighGuy
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Does not dissapoint.

Remedy
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
That was a very entertaining game!

theMileHighGuy
02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
That was a very entertaining game!

Friggin heartbreaking. Yeah, Vokoun totally crapped the bed at the end... looked like he never played before. I have no idea why Fleury wasn't in there in this kinda game. If he was I don't think it would have been close. He would have at least held tight to the post.....

bears6385
02-23-2013, 09:53 AM
12th in the west!!!!!!!!!1st in the west with a new record to start a season 14-0-3. Win the west then win another cup.

CoryWinget81
02-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Ovie went on a tear today!

InsaneBlaze23
02-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't think the Hawks will win the cup. Not down playing what they are doing, they are playing great. Just don't think they'll win it.

theMileHighGuy
02-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Malkin dealing with a concussion now... damn. I think there needs to be a helmet redesign or something. So many guys with concussions this year, and star players too. Football helmets?? haha.

First in the East!! (barely)

canadiansbronco
02-24-2013, 12:31 AM
haha habs got torts crying again, 1st in the east and looking legit

Broncoholic3233
02-24-2013, 12:36 AM
13th in the West and still looking crappy as ever!

woooohooooo

SoundsOfSuccess
02-24-2013, 12:40 AM
1st in the west with a new record to start a season 14-0-3. Win the west then win another cup.

Gonna have to beat the Ducks to win the west....

sbxxxiichamps
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/25/4027774/nhl-realignment-2013-west-east-win

Just came across this? Thoughts? I like it better than how its setup now, but I want to look into it a bit more later. Interesting if this passes.

Detroit would move into the Eastern Conference (one of them) so they love that.

This also kind of made me think about how I wish Seattle had a team, along with another Canadien team in either Quebec or Halifax.

InsaneBlaze23
02-25-2013, 03:30 PM

Just came across this? Thoughts? I like it better than how its setup now, but I want to look into it a bit more later. Interesting if this passes.

This also kind of made me think about how I wish Seattle had a team, along with another Canadien team in either Quebec or Halifax.

My only issue with it is Detroit is in Michigan which is mid-west. Might as well keep mid-west teams in the west. But sports now are becoming less about location and more about making money and marketing. Detroit could better market in the east mainly because it'd open more doors to them playing the Penguins and Capitals. A lot of fans are interested in a Pavel Datsyuk vs Ovie game.

I honestly don't care as long as winning is happening and they get to pound the Avs at least twice.

canadiansbronco
02-25-2013, 10:00 PM
damn sens lucky they had bishop...

theMileHighGuy
02-26-2013, 03:41 AM

Sens are suprisingly deep, all around.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM

and we hit a dozen posts... including gally hitting boths posts and the crossbar on a single shot.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
side note..

bye bye Erik Cole... hello..(again?!?) michael ryder.

Cap dump!

bears6385
02-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't think the Hawks will win the cup. Not down playing what they are doing, they are playing great. Just don't think they'll win it.Around here it is cup or bust after this start. What I like about this team is their one game at a time mentality.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but this team is playing alot like the cup winning one. These are very similar teams.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Chicago is playing scary well right now.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
So montreal is in awesome cap situation right now.

Corey Perry is a UFA this summer. just sayin'

Houshmazode
02-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Will Chicago ever lose in regulation? Montreal's in really good shape.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 07:09 PM
yeah it's nice for us right now..
we have something like 7 picks in the first 90 in this years draft.
price/subban under contract.

Cole/Gomez contracts gone
and Kaberle about to get bought out at the end of the year.

Gally/gallagher playing unreal good.

New GM is looking really good thus far.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Will Chicago ever lose in regulation? Montreal's in really good shape.

one can hope. :P

theMileHighGuy
02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Awesome game in Florida tonight. Vokoun starts, 1-4 halfway in the second, Fleury comes in, 4-4 end of the second lol.

Huberdeau plays the puck while on the bench :doh: c'mon rookie.

Clemenson came in for Theodore, he has a freakin awesome helmet.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Awesome game in Florida tonight. Vokoun starts, 1-4 halfway in the second, Fleury comes in, 4-4 end of the second lol.

Huberdeau plays the puck while on the bench :doh: c'mon rookie.

Clemenson came in for Theodore, he has a freakin awesome helmet.

Nothing beats bryz' new helmet.

theMileHighGuy
02-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Nothing beats bryz' new helmet.

I'll never admit to that. It's lame. It sucks, etc, etc.

I liked his old one with the Tigers.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 08:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bxJwijY.jpg

JakeNbake
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Awesome mask

sbxxxiichamps
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Anyone catch the 5-4 Predators win over the Stars last night? That game was extremely exciting...

I must be the only kid in America watching a random hockey game on a Monday Night :laugh:

theMileHighGuy
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
He doesn't deserve to wear something like that. It sucks anyway.

Remedy
02-26-2013, 08:28 PM
:P how did that pits game go tonight?

Remedy
02-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Anyone catch the 5-4 Predators win over the Stars last night? That game was extremely exciting...

I must be the only kid in America watching a random hockey game on a Monday Night :laugh:

yeah it was a good game!

theMileHighGuy
02-26-2013, 08:35 PM
:P how did that pits game go tonight?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ol64li-TkYM/TLiaDNUMRHI/AAAAAAAAAMU/MeDqSu1Ap0U/s1600/hate.jpg

Broncoholic3233
02-26-2013, 08:36 PM
O/U on 3 goals within the first 10 seconds on Varlamov

canadiansbronco
02-26-2013, 08:39 PM

ill take the over

Broncoholic3233
02-26-2013, 08:39 PM
1 goal in the first 25 seconds

good start

play jiggy!

theMileHighGuy
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM

I'd rather bet on the Avs D allowing 40+ shots.

Broncoholic3233
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Varalmov blowssssssssssss

Remedy
02-26-2013, 08:45 PM

haha I like a few of the players on the avs.. shame things aren't going well for them.

Broncoholic3233
02-26-2013, 11:28 PM

You should've bet :)

Varly was good tonight.

canadiansbronco
02-27-2013, 04:02 PM
habs leafs gonna be epic tonight

Remedy
02-27-2013, 04:06 PM
habs leafs gonna be epic tonight

Ryder back

no RB or Diaz... so concussions allll around.

InsaneBlaze23
02-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Brendan Smith and Kyle Quinecy back in the line-up tonight vs the Kings. Ian White scratched.

CanDB
02-27-2013, 04:28 PM

This alignment works for our Jets, mind you, how could we be in the Southeast in the first place?????

Lot less travel if this is approved.......plus we'll be solid by next year. Went 4 of 5 on the road, which is a signal that this team is coming round. Evander Kane is playing high intensity hockey and if he continues to mature, he can be a future super star.

theMileHighGuy
02-27-2013, 05:33 PM
I like the alignment, doesn't really change much for Pitt. As long as the keep the rivalries in tact I don't care, PHI, NYR, NJD, and it brings the Caps back in for Crosby/Ovi showdowns. I like it.

Only a Flyer would give yoda a red lightsaber. :doh:

sbxxxiichamps
02-27-2013, 05:40 PM
This alignment works for our Jets, mind you, how could we be in the Southeast in the first place?????

Lot less travel if this is approved.......plus we'll be solid by next year. Went 4 of 5 on the road, which is a signal that this team is coming round. Evander Kane is playing high intensity hockey and if he continues to mature, he can be a future super star.

It definitely works out well for the Jets! And what I really notice is that it works great for TV and thats what the NHL needs to continue working on, their TV deals.

And by the way I love Evander Kane! The guy is one of my favorite players. I got to see him play the Sabres the other week and whenever he is on the ice the Jets are just so much more deadly. Hopefully though my Devils can get one back on the Jets tomorrow :D

Remedy
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Evander Kane is getting himself into all kinds of trouble in winnipeg. He has a pretty Cromartie esque reputation going on right now. Not making a very good name for himself :P

Fun player to watch play though.

Remedy
02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown
This is shaping up to be a great game. If you’re stuck at work try to leave early so you can watch the rest on TV, like Mike Brown did.

CanDB
02-27-2013, 08:09 PM
It definitely works out well for the Jets! And what I really notice is that it works great for TV and thats what the NHL needs to continue working on, their TV deals.

And by the way I love Evander Kane! The guy is one of my favorite players. I got to see him play the Sabres the other week and whenever he is on the ice the Jets are just so much more deadly. Hopefully though my Devils can get one back on the Jets tomorrow :D

Have a good one tomorrow......finally got a home game, but one never knows. The Jets have a better road record than at home so far. Stage twist from last year.

CanDB
02-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Evander Kane is getting himself into all kinds of trouble in winnipeg. He has a pretty Cromartie esque reputation going on right now. Not making a very good name for himself :P

Kane is an interesting young man. Just when he ticks off some of us, he starts making us happier with his energetic/talented play. I think the issue with him is age-related. He gets into some hot water occasionally, but otherwise he comes across as a bright, fun guy, who really wants to be the best he can be. I can see him scoring 40 or more goals in a regular season, and I hope it's here in Winnipeg!.

canadiansbronco
02-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Still on top of the east and beat the crap out of the leafs...perfect night !!!

Who that epic Ovie dive ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aicwKSikBeM

The dive is at the 40 sec mark but the whole thing is just....perfect

InsaneBlaze23
02-27-2013, 10:59 PM
In so they drop another one. I swear the Kings are a bunch of cheap clowns and the refs let them get away with it. I praised the NHL's refs vs NFL's, but tonight they reared an ugly head.

Anze Kopitar took a shot at Brendan Smith's head, the refs didn't calling it. That's not even what I'm upset about, though all the fans keeping bringing it up. I more upset that once again Jimmy Howard is beat in a one on one situation. Howard is so inconstant. One night he'll give you the most amazing saves you've seen, the next he looks stupid.

theMileHighGuy
02-28-2013, 04:20 AM
Still on top of the east and beat the crap out of the leafs...perfect night !!!

Who that epic Ovie dive ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aicwKSikBeM

The dive is at the 40 sec mark but the whole thing is just....perfect

OMG, that was fantastic. If I was his teammates he would have walked home from philly. He's always been a half-ass loser imo.

Hey you get to see some fun players to watch on Saturday :D

Hope Geno is back.

theMileHighGuy
02-28-2013, 06:46 PM
If Malkin doesn't come back Saturday will be a massacre. Pens are awful without him.

canadiansbronco
02-28-2013, 09:08 PM
lol so the avs match o'reiley's offer sheet....

Why not give him the money in the first place if you are going to bend so quickly

Broncoholic3233
02-28-2013, 09:11 PM
lol so the avs match o'reiley's offer sheet....

Why not give him the money in the first place if you are going to bend so quickly
Because our front office is smart and the best in the biz

InsaneBlaze23
03-01-2013, 12:27 AM
A feel good win for the Wings tonight. Still doesn't put hope in the fans eyes. Seriously they should keep The Monster in net. Thank you Leafs for letting us grab him, I'd much rather him be in than Howard.

CanDB
03-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Seems like every year the NHL, via the refs, have to make a point regarding the officiating of the game. Last year it was that stupid slashing call, whenever a player got touched on the stick and dropped it to the ice, like he was hit by a rocket. As soon as it happened - 2 minutes, even if the guy hardly got slashed at all. AUTOMATIC penalty. I believe they are easing up this year on that one.

BUT this year it's the faceoffs.......how many faceoffs involve one player getting removed for an infraction of some sort? JUST DROP THE PUCK!!! Sure enough, as soon as the alternate comes in, the ref drops the puck quickly.

DROP THE FLIPPIN PUCK!!!!(Otherwise 2 minutes to the ref for delay of game...:thumb:)

Remedy
03-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Mike Millbury is an idiot and should not be on TV. ugh..

Secondly a lot of talk of ovie maybe coming available after the year to a trade ( crazyy)

also.. good for the avs to match that.... silly on the avs to not offer it to begin with.

InsaneBlaze23
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Seems like every year the NHL, via the refs, have to make a point regarding the officiating of the game. Last year it was that stupid slashing call, whenever a player got touched on the stick and dropped it to the ice, like he was hit by a rocket. As soon as it happened - 2 minutes, even if the guy hardly got slashed at all. AUTOMATIC penalty. I believe they are easing up this year on that one.

BUT this year it's the faceoffs.......how many faceoffs involve one player getting removed for an infraction of some sort? JUST DROP THE PUCK!!! Sure enough, as soon as the alternate comes in, the ref drops the puck quickly.

DROP THE FLIPPIN PUCK!!!!(Otherwise 2 minutes to the ref for delay of game...:thumb:)

Happened a few times during Wings games. One of the new rules is that you can't push the puck with your glove. You know most players will fall to their knees to hit the puck with the end of the stick or glove? Now it's a penalty if you do it with your glove. Why that's a new penalty no one knows. It didn't hurt the game, it didn't slow it down. It was a tactic all the teams used.

Remedy
03-02-2013, 02:57 PM
adater ‏@adater
Did Avs match ROR offer right away cuz they loved him or cuz they didn't know what date trade deadline next yr would be? Hmm

Remedy
03-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Big game tonight Habs vs Pens and Tomorrow Habs vs Bs

canadiansbronco
03-02-2013, 03:47 PM

Working for both of them....

Remedy
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Working for both of them....

story of my life ;)

Rockin' my PK Subban winter classic jersey for the game tonight!

sbxxxiichamps
03-02-2013, 05:21 PM
So mad after the devils lost to the sabres today...The Sabres got away with a lot of dirty plays and ticky-tack penalties. They absolutely stole the game from a team almost as desperate as them for a win.

Hedberg in his last 5 games is 0-5 with a 3.80 GAA...Someone find Marty and fix his back fast!

sbxxxiichamps
03-02-2013, 05:24 PM

If the Habs win the Devils will still somehow only be a win out of 1st in the east so I'll be pulling for the Habs of course!!!

theMileHighGuy
03-02-2013, 05:29 PM

Vokoun in net, Jame Neal on the third line... I'm not sure what the gameplan was for this game. Pens are just coasting to the playoffs I think.

Remedy
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM
What a second period... yeash... gonna be an intense third.

Remedy
03-02-2013, 07:31 PM
This game has been intense.

Remedy
03-03-2013, 01:25 AM
OOOofff tough loss tonight... still got a point though... but yeash... I hate Overtime ! what a crazy game

CoryWinget81
03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
That Habs game was fricken nuts!

CanDB
03-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Hey gang (maybe you've discussed before) but isn't it time to change the rules on how many points a game is worth, as in, lets make every game a 3 pointer? I am not a fan of having 2 points for a clean win (no O/T), but 3 points for an O/T game. Too many games are tied, and too many teams are getting 1 point for losing in O/T. Time for a change.

Make every game worth 3 points, and give 3 points for a clean win. That way teams will push harder for wins in regular time, which would add intensity to the game. And yes, O/T is exciting, but by only giving 1 point for a loss you minimize the value of losing.

It's nuts that some games are worth 3 points and the rest are worth 2. Makes no sense. It just worked as a way to manage O/T initially. It's time to move on. The onus should be in regular time.

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Very disappointing lost.
Detroit should have won that game, but they shot themselves in the foot twice back to back. I was gonna point at the refs not calling anything on Chicago in the 2 periods, but I'm not gonna post blame on them when Johnathan Ericsson makes such a bonehead mistake, then Johan Franzen does the same exact thing. Plus he kept screwing up plays. It also didn't help that Drew Miller played selfishly out there. Had a 2 on one situation, a easy goal if he would have passed it. But no, he wanted to finish it off.

With all that said, Crawford is some kind of best. Wish Detroit had a goalie in net like him, dude is a monster and the sole reason on Chicago's side of the ice for them winning.

Hopefully the Avs can shut them down, I don't care about the dame points record. Just get the win Avs.

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Hey gang (maybe you've discussed before) but isn't it time to change the rules on how many points a game is worth, as in, lets make every game a 3 pointer? I am not a fan of having 2 points for a clean win (no O/T), but 3 points for an O/T game. Too many games are tied, and too many teams are getting 1 point for losing in O/T. Time for a change.

Make every game worth 3 points, and give 3 points for a clean win. That way teams will push harder for wins in regular time, which would add intensity to the game. And yes, O/T is exciting, but by only giving 1 point for a loss you minimize the value of losing.

It's nuts that some games are worth 3 points and the rest are worth 2. Makes no sense. It just worked as a way to manage O/T initially. It's time to move on. The onus should be in regular time.

I think they should get rid of shootouts.

CanDB
03-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I think they should get rid of shootouts.

Sorry about the loss......I hate when my team takes a delay of game penalty. It's just too dang easy for refs to call!!!

As for game points......do you agree that all games should have the same points available?

Other comment related to shootouts. Kane is a real talent, but I think they need to change the rules so that you can't slow down amost to a standstill on a penalty shot. That's not realistic in a game situation. A shootout should require that a player is moving at a speed that would not be easily caught up to in a game situation. It would be a hard one to call, but I think a goalie has less chance when a player can basically mess with them, from close in. It's not realistic, unless of course the other team all fell down on the breakaway.:huh:

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Sorry about the loss......I hate when my team takes a delay of game penalty. It's just too dang easy for refs to call!!!

As for game points......do you agree that all games should have the same points available?

Other comment related to shootouts. Kane is a real talent, but I think they need to change the rules so that you can't slow down amost to a standstill on a penalty shot. That's not realistic in a game situation. A shootout should require that a player is moving at a speed that would not be easily caught up to in a game situation. It would be a hard one to call, but I think a goalie has less chance when a player can basically mess with them, from close in. It's not realistic, unless of course the other team all fell down on the breakaway.:huh:

Yeah I think the points idea you have is good and fair.

As for the shootout, the out come of the Wings game isn't even why I think shootouts are stupid. That was actually Detroit's first shootout lost this season. They are usually good at it, but I just think Hockey would be better with a shootout. The puck actually stopped moving for a sec during his shot, somebody was saying how the puck can't stop. But like most of the game, the Hawks got away with it.

Remedy
03-03-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't think you should get a point for a tie. What a ridiculous concept.

I hate the 1 point overtime. I hate the shoot out. I hate Gary. arg.

CanDB
03-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah I think the points idea you have is good and fair.

As for the shootout, the out come of the Wings game isn't even why I think shootouts are stupid. That was actually Detroit's first shootout lost this season. They are usually good at it, but I just think Hockey would be better with a shootout. The puck actually stopped moving for a sec during his shot, somebody was saying how the puck can't stop. But like most of the game, the Hawks got away with it.

I never thought the shootout loss today was the reason you responded that way. Having Datsyuk is imposing enough, in a positive way (for you).

Lets be clear.......I love hockey, and The NHL has been pretty smart keeping the game at such a high level. BUT every year there seem to be a couple of rule related things that need to be worked on. And the general consensus is that that refs are not at their best this year. I already mentioned the obsession with slowing the game down with those stupid faceoff violations, which could mostly be avoided with quicker puck drops. And for me, the unequal game point values is ridiculous. And with that, I am not big on shootouts, unless the game has gone on for too long. Try to settle it in regular time (with added incentive of an extra point for a win), or do your best to end it in O/T without having to get to the shootout. That could be done by adding 5 minutes to the O/T period, or even consider going 3 on 3 after the first five minutes.

Just some of my views on the game. :D

EddieMac
03-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I think hockey is ridiculous...of course that's just my opinion....

Is it football season yet?

Remedy
03-03-2013, 01:50 PM

not soon enough.

EddieMac
03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
At least we have free agency right away. That'll help a bit until the draft...then back to zzzzzzzzzzzzzz for a while.

Remedy
03-03-2013, 01:55 PM
At least we have free agency right away. That'll help a bit until the draft...then back to zzzzzzzzzzzzzz for a while.

and the cup finals!

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2013, 02:32 PM
I hate the 1 point overtime. I hate the shoot out. I hate Gary. arg.

I never thought the shootout loss today was the reason you responded that way. Having Datsyuk is imposing enough, in a positive way (for you).

Lets be clear.......I love hockey, and The NHL has been pretty smart keeping the game at such a high level. BUT every year there seem to be a couple of rule related things that need to be worked on. And the general consensus is that that refs are not at their best this year. I already mentioned the obsession with slowing the game down with those stupid faceoff violations, which could mostly be avoided with quicker puck drops. And for me, the unequal game point values is ridiculous. And with that, I am not big on shootouts, unless the game has gone on for too long. Try to settle it in regular time (with added incentive of an extra point for a win), or do your best to end it in O/T without having to get to the shootout. That could be done by adding 5 minutes to the O/T period, or even consider going 3 on 3 after the first five minutes.

Just some of my views on the game. :D

No disagreement here.

bears6385
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Will Chicago ever lose in regulation? Montreal's in really good shape.Nope......Looking for 45-0-3 this year.........and the cup coming back to Chicago of course.

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Nope......Looking for 45-0-3 this year.........and the cup coming back to Chicago of course.

An eastern conference team will win the Cup this year.:coffee:

Remedy
03-03-2013, 03:04 PM
An eastern conference team will win the Cup this year.:coffee:

an eastern conference team in a Canadian province with two official languages.

CanDB
03-03-2013, 03:33 PM

When we lost The Jets, many of us here lost a lot of interest in watching the game (usually in the playoffs and not a lot during the season). Luckily we got a team back. Given your location, I assume Vancouver's the home team, but regardless, it's not the same as having your own local team. At least that's my take.

bears6385
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
An eastern conference team will win the Cup this year.:coffee:As of now, almost halfway through the season there is no team in either conference that can stay with the Hawks. This years team is better than the one that won the cup. This team is just as good on offense, better on defense, and is better in goal. The depth on this Hawks team is amazing, with two outstanding lines and two good ones, the defense goes seven deep, and two goaltenders that will matchup with anyone. Unless there is a beast in the east who is better in goal, plays better defense, and can stop the Hawks puck possession, it will be tough to beat them. As of yet that team has not shown up in either the East or West yet.

Broncoholic3233
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
We will not beat Chicago.

We can't even beat Columbus.

Broncoholic3233
03-03-2013, 04:15 PM
But no, Chicago will not win the cup, they are peaking way to early....whoever finishes hot will win it.

See LA Kings....in regular season, no one gave them a chance. In post season...best team hands down.

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
As of now, almost halfway through the season there is no team in either conference that can stay with the Hawks. This years team is better than the one that won the cup. This team is just as good on offense, better on defense, and is better in goal. The depth on this Hawks team is amazing, with two outstanding lines and two good ones, the defense goes seven deep, and two goaltenders that will matchup with anyone. Unless there is a beast in the east who is better in goal, plays better defense, and can stop the Hawks puck possession, it will be tough to beat them. As of yet that team has not shown up in either the East or West yet.

Besides their record and their goalie, there isn't anything impressive about the Blackhawks. They aren't blowing teams away, they are winning nail biters that could have gone any way. They are in these nails biters vs not so good team. I bet even the Avs will keep it a 1 goal game if they lose.

I'd take the Flyers, Bruins, Penguins, and Habs over any team in the Western Conference. The Ducks will win another Cup before the Hawks.

Remedy
03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Another nail biter thus far in Boston...

Have I mentioned how much I hate Boston. Ugh.. the bruins... I hate everyone of those goon plugs that they ice. They agitate me to no end.

theMileHighGuy
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Besides their record and their goalie, there isn't anything impressive about the Blackhawks. They aren't blowing teams away, they are winning nail biters that could have gone any way. They are in these nails biters vs not so good team. I bet even the Avs will keep it a 1 goal game if they lose.

I'd take the Flyers, Bruins, Penguins, and Habs over any team in the Western Conference. The Ducks will win another Cup before the Hawks.

All teams are good teams.

You can't undervalue Toews/Kane/Hossa. I think they're running out of steam, though, and will lose soon. It's a shame they don't play the Pens. Would be an epic cup series.

Remedy
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Beating Boston in their own playground...
Feeeeeeeels good!

http://i.imgur.com/huz1Dqm.gif

canadiansbronco
03-04-2013, 01:16 AM
hahaha classic bruins Julien whining to the league in his presser LOL

Doing exaclty what he gave flak to vignault last year

Broncoholic3233
03-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Another nail biter thus far in Boston...

Have I mentioned how much I hate Boston. Ugh.. the bruins... I hate everyone of those goon plugs that they ice. They agitate me to no end.

You don't hate anyone. You are Canadian.

InsaneBlaze23
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
All teams are good teams.

You can't undervalue Toews/Kane/Hossa. I think they're running out of steam, though, and will lose soon. It's a shame they don't play the Pens. Would be an epic cup series.

They aren't being undervalued and they aren't impressive. I'm not seeing anything out of those 3 that I haven't seen from them already. Each of them have always played at the level they are playing at.

Remedy
03-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Toews kane and hossa aren't impressive?

are you sure you watch hockey?!?

also ofcourse they played at a level like they are playing at ... like you know when they won the cup.

InsaneBlaze23
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Toews kane and hossa aren't impressive?

are you sure you watch hockey?!?

also ofcourse they played at a level like they are playing at ... like you know when they won the cup.

They aren't impressive in terms of what they are doing now, it isn't impressive. The way those 3 play should be expected, shouldn't surprise or impress people when they preform well. They have always been beast, beast don't impress me. Corey Crawford impress me because I didn't know he was a beast, but after this season I will expect him to preform at this high of a level. He won't be impressive.

JakeNbake
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
They aren't impressive in terms of what they are doing now, it isn't impressive. The way those 3 play should be expected, shouldn't surprise or impress people when they preform well. They have always been beast, beast don't impress me. Corey Crawford impress me because I didn't know he was a beast, but after this season I will expect him to preform at this high of a level. He won't be impressive.

I don't think that means what you think it means.

theMileHighGuy
03-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Malkin's back, yay!

Lightning don't stand a chance.

sbxxxiichamps
03-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Malkin's back, yay!

I left the room for a second and I come back to the Pens winning 3-2 when I could have sworn it was 2-1 Lightning a second ago lol...The Pens do that though. Such a deep and talented team! Its frustrating to watch the Pens be good while the Devils are on a ship heading nowhere besides the bottom of the ocean...COME BACK MARTY!!!

theMileHighGuy
03-05-2013, 12:26 AM
I left the room for a second and I come back to the Pens winning 3-2 when I could have sworn it was 2-1 Lightning a second ago lol...The Pens do that though. Such a deep and talented team! Its frustrating to watch the Pens be good while the Devils are on a ship heading nowhere besides the bottom of the ocean...COME BACK MARTY!!!

The game was never really as close as it seemed. A real flukey goal that rainbowed over Fleury's head got them the lead, and the 3rd was with 20 seconds left and six skaters, but Stamkos made a nice play. Malkin put up the highlight of the week and then Crosby put a nice one up himself. I'm just glad everyone is healthy for the most part finally.

Marty needs to get back soon definitely. It's gonna be tough to make the playoffs in the east, like every team in the northeast has 30 points. At the very least stay ahead of Philly :)

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=212797&cmpid=embed-share-video

InsaneBlaze23
03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Malkin's back, yay!

I'm envious of the Penguins for having Malkin. I'll call Holland, you call the flight birds GM.
Johnathan Ericsson, Drew Miller, and a Klondike bar for Malkin.

EddieMac
03-05-2013, 08:09 AM
When we lost The Jets, many of us here lost a lot of interest in watching the game (usually in the playoffs and not a lot during the season). Luckily we got a team back. Given your location, I assume Vancouver's the home team, but regardless, it's not the same as having your own local team. At least that's my take.

If I watch any team it's the flames. They were a true home team for 8 years and I got to be there for that run to the finals 9-10 years ago. Can't stand Vancouver.

sbxxxiichamps
03-05-2013, 09:36 AM
The game was never really as close as it seemed. A real flukey goal that rainbowed over Fleury's head got them the lead, and the 3rd was with 20 seconds left and six skaters, but Stamkos made a nice play. Malkin put up the highlight of the week and then Crosby put a nice one up himself. I'm just glad everyone is healthy for the most part finally.

Marty needs to get back soon definitely. It's gonna be tough to make the playoffs in the east, like every team in the northeast has 30 points. At the very least stay ahead of Philly :)

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=212797&cmpid=embed-share-video

that goal is amazing lol!

And yes, gotta stay ahead of Philly and the Rangers for that matter

Yakka27
03-05-2013, 11:12 AM
CP Bet?

Wild will beat the Blackhawks in regulation tonight.

InsaneBlaze23
03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
They both can go play in traffic.

broncsfan21
03-06-2013, 12:11 AM
That Marc Staal puck to the face was rather brutal.

I can't believe players can't wear cages. All these face injuries would be eliminated.

Remedy
03-06-2013, 12:33 AM
If I watch any team it's the flames. They were a true home team for 8 years and I got to be there for that run to the finals 9-10 years ago. Can't stand Vancouver.

No one can stand vancouver...

CoryWinget81
03-06-2013, 12:37 AM
No one can stand vancouver...

Schinder: "oh I could be the starter for Vancouver!!"

later

Schinder: "oh...I could be the starter...for Vancouver..."

InsaneBlaze23
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Red Wings finally got some good news for once. Though it's a day off, Darren Helm was on the Ice today. Darren is our fastest skater and one of the faster skaters in the league. He really helps out this team.

theMileHighGuy
03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm envious of the Penguins for having Malkin. I'll call Holland, you call the flight birds GM.
Johnathan Ericsson, Drew Miller, and a Klondike bar for Malkin.

Haha... maybe a little more... Pitt/Philly @ Philly tomorrow, it's gonna be good. Pens can't drop another one to them.

I genuinely think the Avs will beat the Hawks tonight.

I just saw the Staal puck in the eye, that's rough. Hope he doesn't lose it. I don't see the league mandating visors or cages though. There's always the chance of a stick or something getting caught and doing damage.

InsaneBlaze23
03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Ken Holland said Detroit isn't gonna make any splashes before the deadline.
He better be kidding himself, the Wings need a lot of help.

Remedy
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Ken Holland said Detroit isn't gonna make any splashes before the deadline.
He better be kidding himself, the Wings need a lot of help.

are you guys in a playoff position?

There is no point in giving up assets / picks for a rental player (which is was nhl free agency usually is) if your team isn't making a legit push.

InsaneBlaze23
03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
are you guys in a playoff position?

There is no point in giving up assets / picks for a rental player (which is was nhl free agency usually is) if your team isn't making a legit push.

They're in like 5th or 6th place in the West. I think he is referring to trade deadline not FA. We have expandable players, and we have holes. If those holes can be fixed with a trade, we need to do so.

Remedy
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
They're in like 5th or 6th place in the West. I think he is referring to trade deadline not FA. We have expandable players, and we have holes. If those holes can be fixed with a trade, we need to do so.

I meant trade deadline in my post. I just don't see the wings as a team ready to make a playoff push right now.

InsaneBlaze23
03-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I meant trade deadline in my post. I just don't see the wings as a team ready to make a playoff push right now.

I don't see them going to the playoffs period.

InsaneBlaze23
03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Heard on NHL live that Staal is expected to make a full recovery. I think some players(including him) will start wearing visors, but I don't think they will become mandatory unless something serious enough happens that forces the NHL to make them mandatory.

During the Wings-BlackHawks game, Damien Brunner dived head first in front of a puck to block it. Lucky for him it hit his shoulder pad. It looked like it was really close to hitting his face.

Remedy
03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmimLBSTEUw

Stompin' tom died tonight... now that's tragic

theMileHighGuy
03-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Heard on NHL live that Staal is expected to make a full recovery. I think some players(including him) will start wearing visors, but I don't think they will become mandatory unless something serious enough happens that forces the NHL to make them mandatory.

During the Wings-BlackHawks game, Damien Brunner dived head first in front of a puck to block it. Lucky for him it hit his shoulder pad. It looked like it was really close to hitting his face.

Jordan Staal took a puck in the face when he was in Pittsburgh, and he's still not wearing one. Them Staal boys are tough.... or stupid.

Speaking of trade rumors though, I hear Iginla to Pburgh is heating up. I would friggin love this... Crosby and Iggy dominated in the olympics.

Remedy
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Jordan Staal took a puck in the face when he was in Pittsburgh, and he's still not wearing one. Them Staal boys are tough.... or stupid.

Speaking of trade rumors though, I hear Iginla to Pburgh is heating up. I would friggin love this... Crosby and Iggy dominated in the olympics.

Visors are over rated... what's next make everyone wear a full cage... :coffee:

and yes.. iggy to pitts would be gross....

theMileHighGuy
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Visors are over rated... what's next make everyone wear a full cage... :coffee:

and yes.. iggy to pitts would be gross....

With some of the shots these days, a visor just means a puck AND plastic embedded in your face.

Remedy
03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
With some of the shots these days, a visor just means a puck AND plastic embedded in your face.

Yep.... tis true.

side note... the way chicago is playing... it's just screaming of a major let down in the playoffs... ya know?
the magic will dry up.. and boom one and done.. gonna get swept.

CanDB
03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Yep.... tis true.

side note... the way chicago is playing... it's just screaming of a major let down in the playoffs... ya know?
the magic will dry up.. and boom one and done.. gonna get swept.

Not if Winnipeg boy Toews stays healthy (had to sneak in Winnipeg didn't I Rem)......he looks like he's on another mission, along with a number of his mates.

But yeah, it's how you finish.

InsaneBlaze23
03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Haven't said a single nice thing about my own team at all this season.
Valterri Filppila and Darren Helm need to hurry back. 2 very important players injured.

The rookie Damien Brunner is becoming a star in Hockeytown. He's a bright spot in this slow sad season.

If there was ever a time to start those flames and get hot, now is the time. Otherwise kiss that 21 straight streak good bye.

This highlight video from the first few games this season is proof that Pavel Datsyuk is some kind of Russian mythical god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UZtPhilWg

sbxxxiichamps
03-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Thought this was funny lol

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/577379_435725906519364_1384962676_n.jpg

Still though, the streak is good for the sport Id say...Brings it more attention for sure

theMileHighGuy
03-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Thought this was funny lol

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/577379_435725906519364_1384962676_n.jpg

Still though, the streak is good for the sport Id say...Brings it more attention for sure

Standard fair and balanced ESPN. :laugh:

I agree about the streak. I can't wait till it ends though.

LOL... only a red wings fan would make a highlight video for this season.

InsaneBlaze23
03-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Standard fair and balanced ESPN. :laugh:

I agree about the streak. I can't wait till it ends though.

LOL... only a red wings fan would make a highlight video for this season.

A Wings fan didn't make it. That's from the Red Wings Official Youtube page.

theMileHighGuy
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
A Wings fan didn't make it. That's from the Red Wings Official Youtube page.

Oh... that's kind of... more... bad... :P

Remedy
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM

Pretty sure Datsyuk should just be his own highlight reel... not really sure about anyone else on the detroit wingless'

InsaneBlaze23
03-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Silence

Pretty sure Datsyuk should just be his own highlight reel... not really sure about anyone else on the detroit wingless'

You take that back.

theMileHighGuy
03-07-2013, 05:52 PM
The Pens can just not stand up to Philly. So many penalties, and they can't PK against Philly...

Can't even watch them. Outshot 18-4 in the first...

Doesn't help that the refs are just awful tonight.

theMileHighGuy
03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
and then suddenly it's 3-4... and so goes Pitt/Philly games... lol.

edit, 4-4 lol :D, edit 5-4 :D

theMileHighGuy
03-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Huge huge huge 2 points

Remedy
03-07-2013, 07:49 PM
baaam Habs win! price looks like a ballllller today.

theMileHighGuy
03-07-2013, 07:53 PM
baaam Habs win! price looks like a ballllller today.

boooooooooo thiiiiss maaaaan.

Price is a beast though. Pens totally sold out Fleury and then made Vokoun look like a hero.

InsaneBlaze23
03-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Yawn, beat the Oilers 3-0. Not impressed.

CoryWinget81
03-07-2013, 11:43 PM
I know its just a video game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9HRZBT5FbM

but doing this made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Southstander
03-08-2013, 09:27 PM
6 - 2 Baby!!!!!

InsaneBlaze23
03-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Told you....:coffee:

theMileHighGuy
03-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I swear the Pens score 30 seconds into every game :)

Usually that means they sandbag the rest of the period....

InsaneBlaze23
03-09-2013, 05:28 PM
The Red Wings failure this season is causing fans to do something we haven't done in the history of Detroit sports....Cry for the beginning of the Tigers Baseball.

theMileHighGuy
03-09-2013, 07:54 PM
The Red Wings failure this season is causing fans to do something we haven't done in the history of Detroit sports....Cry for the beginning of the Tigers Baseball.

Ouch. Just rooting for baseball at all has to be hell.

So rarely get to see the Pens in the shootout :) It's sooooo easy lol.

Malkin might have another concussion :mad:

InsaneBlaze23
03-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Ouch. Just rooting for baseball at all has to be hell.

So rarely get to see the Pens in the shootout :) It's sooooo easy lol.

Malkin might have another concussion :mad:

When your team is being shutout by the likes of the Blue Jackets, nothing else can be done.

Malkin can get 4 concussions this season and still be back quicker than Crosby.

theMileHighGuy
03-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Saskatchewan's own Chris Kunitz with the HT and 5 points tonight.

Hawks on a losing streak :)

canadiansbronco
03-12-2013, 08:58 PM
thanks for the pens seems like nobody ever beats the bruins when we are infont of them in the standing

theMileHighGuy
03-12-2013, 09:08 PM
thanks for the pens seems like nobody ever beats the bruins when we are infont of them in the standing

Haha! I honestly didn't see the Pens beating them either, the last 5-7 minutes of that game were epic.

canadiansbronco
03-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Haha! I honestly didn't see the Pens beating them either, the last 5-7 minutes of that game were epic.
was awesome you can have 1st in the east for now I am happy with 1st in the NE

theMileHighGuy
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
was awesome you can have 1st in the east for now I am happy with 1st in the NE

You'll probably get it back... Pens got Toronto, Rangers (who always play Pens tough), and Boston again coming up.

I was just really happy they got the win without Crosby getting a point and without Malkin. The depth is really filling out at the right time.

CoryWinget81
03-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Saskatchewan's own Chris Kunitz with the HT and 5 points tonight.

Hawks on a losing streak :)

wth kunitz with a hattie?

what is going on?

http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/images/7/7e/I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

theMileHighGuy
03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
wth kunitz with a hattie?

what is going on?

Haha, King Kunitz is #2 now in goal scoring I think, he's been a beast this year on pace to shatter his career best and in this short season. He's actually one of my favorite players I've had his jersey since after the trade for him years ago and I've gotten to meet him a few times. He's not incredibly skilled or talented but he's one of the more underrated and hardest-working players in the nhl. Definitely one of the best in front of the net. Doesn't hurt that he plays with Sid. That's his second HT this year.

CoryWinget81
03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Haha, King Kunitz is #2 now in goal scoring I think, he's been a beast this year on pace to shatter his career best and in this short season. He's actually one of my favorite players I've had his jersey since after the trade for him years ago and I've gotten to meet him a few times. He's not incredibly skilled or talented but he's one of the more underrated and hardest-working players in the nhl. Definitely one of the best in front of the net. Doesn't hurt that he plays with Sid. That's his second HT this year.

Freakin chris kunitz man...

canadiansbronco
03-13-2013, 06:08 AM
You'll probably get it back... Pens got Toronto, Rangers (who always play Pens tough), and Boston again coming up.

I was just really happy they got the win without Crosby getting a point and without Malkin. The depth is really filling out at the right time.
looks like we still are 1st anyway

theMileHighGuy
03-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Freakin chris kunitz man...

Lol nice save...

Beautiful beatdown of the Flyers by NJD. Simmonds hit rocked though.

Sorry Blaze, but I loved seeing Kipper own the Wings back to his old form... he's always been one of my favs.

Still hoping Iggy to Pens happens but idk...

InsaneBlaze23
03-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Lol nice save...

Beautiful beatdown of the Flyers by NJD. Simmonds hit rocked though.

Sorry Blaze, but I loved seeing Kipper own the Wings back to his old form... he's always been one of my favs.

Still hoping Iggy to Pens happens but idk...

I don't care. They deserve to lose.

Bronco_Armada
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Red Wings are no longer in the west? ***?

InsaneBlaze23
03-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Red Wings are no longer in the west? ***?

I don't like it but I do like it. I don't like it because Michigan is a midwest state, thus should be in the western conference. Plus aside from the Original Six, Detroit has no rivals in the East.

What I do like about it is the fact that once more the original Six(not including Chicago) will get to play each other. Detroit had a hard time the last few years because of traveling. Though Michigan is a midwest state, Detroit is close to the east coast. It was hard on the team having to travel from Detroit to Chicago, back to Detroit then to Denver, then to Columbus, then to Anaheim. It's quicker for Detroit to get to any location on the east coast than Cali and Colorado.

On a side note, they will suck in the East because the East has better teams and beast players. But we do get to see Datsyuk undress Ovie.

InsaneBlaze23
03-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Pounding on the Canucks.

canadiansbronco
03-17-2013, 05:09 PM
thanks again to the pens for beating the bruins :D

theMileHighGuy
03-18-2013, 03:34 AM
thanks again to the pens for beating the bruins :D

They got the Bruins' number. Vokoun was pretty ridiculous, and it was pretty sweet to get a goal with the 4th line again. :)

2 points up in the East :D. Hopefully Malkin is back by the end of the week.

Remedy
03-18-2013, 03:39 AM
They got the Bruins' number. Vokoun was pretty ridiculous, and it was pretty sweet to get a goal with the 4th line again. :)

yep... though we have 2 games in hand. ;)

canadiansbronco
03-18-2013, 12:59 PM

Seems like the pens are the only team to beat them when we need it...

Enjoy your time as a number 1 habs will take it right back :P

CoryWinget81
03-18-2013, 01:33 PM
I get home late after games a lot of weekends.

http://www.dtmts.com/

Most awesome site ever. Spoiler-free hockey highlights. Watch a game through highlights in chronological order!

Remedy
03-19-2013, 04:18 AM
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?u=178237&type=sigpic&dateline=1354842655

MTL vs BUFF tonight need these two pts

Remedy
03-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Seems like the pens are the only team to beat them when we need it...

Enjoy your time as a number 1 habs will take it right back :P

lol look at hfboards game day thread for this game.. funny (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1379535)

InsaneBlaze23
03-19-2013, 06:12 AM
http://sports-memes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/420368_427576597334295_258141998_n.jpg

SoundsOfSuccess
03-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Corey Perry extends with Anaheim!!

Remedy
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
gp w l ot pts

MONTRÉAL NE 28 19 5 4 42

DETROIT CEN 29 14 10 5 33

If you want to talk about the present.

InsaneBlaze23
03-19-2013, 12:24 PM
gp w l ot pts

MONTRÉAL NE 28 19 5 4 42

DETROIT CEN 29 14 10 5 33

If you want to talk about the present.

Detroit sucks. Comparing them the Red Wings is like comparing the Broncos to the Lions.
You won't get any defensive argument out of me about the Wings. They suck, I know they suck, I don't deny they suck.

underrated29
03-19-2013, 12:33 PM
And the worst part is the avs suck even more so I cant even give you hell about it!

theMileHighGuy
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
You know who doesn't suck? The Penguins. Even without Malkin and Letang they're still top 3. I just want to give everyone a hard time because I don't get a lot of opportunities to gloat about things :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9nfIdD6iCQ

Remedy
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
wait what.. the team that went from lemieux to crosby doesn't get a chance to gloat? :coffee:

the penguins are like the patriots of the nhl.

theMileHighGuy
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
wait what.. the team that went from lemieux to crosby doesn't get a chance to gloat? :coffee:

the penguins are like the patriots of the nhl.

I think you mean the Colts, and I meant outside of hockey.