PDA

View Full Version : Elway "Believes" Tebow Can Be a NFL Starting QB

HUMCALC
01-24-2013, 02:02 PM
In the right Situation. Does anyone think that Elway believes that?

Freyaka
01-24-2013, 02:11 PM
In the right Situation. Does anyone believe that?

If by "the right situation" you mean one where he learns to throw accurate passes then sure! Kapernick proved someone with Tebows skillset can be successful...problem is Kapernick is a good accurate passer on top of being very freaking mobil....Tim ....well not so much....

CoryWinget81
01-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Tim Tebow, all of the heart and soul Ray Lewis brings to the game with all of the passing ability of Ray Lewis.

flosstein
01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
It's a tough call. He's never reall been somewhere where he really gets a shot. Offensively he was handcuffed last year. Instead of letting him play and work out the kinks in his game, it was super conservative and super safe. With minimal adjustments. The one game where he was allowed to play, he played darn well. That was the Pitt game. He shredded them, and it's no easy task to shredd that defense. What he needs is more reps at QB and not as some sideshow.

The other side of it is, he's not good in practice. Coaches hate that. They have this thought that good in practice means good on Sunday. Guys like KO and Sanchez constantly proved that theory wrong. He just needs someone to believe in him and that's tough sledding. If you built an offense around his strong points and aggressive play calling, u could have some success. How much success, is the question.

Bronco51
01-24-2013, 02:50 PM
If by right situation he means that a team has to run 55 times and throw 10 times and not be a legit contender, then yes he is right.

FAN4LIFEBRONCOS
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Elway didn't believe Russell Wilson could be a starting QB let alone Tim Tebow who isn't very accurate plus Johnny would have drafted Colin Kaepernick and pair him with Tim Tebow if he believed in dual threats QB's

BroncoFanBoy
01-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Tim Tebow, all of the heart and soul Ray Lewis brings to the game with all of the passing ability of Ray Lewis.

I wish I could CP you right now, but I gotta spread it around.

To the OP, I don't know why Elway is still talking about Tebow.

broncos SB2010
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
In the right Situation. Does anyone think that Elway believes that?

That isn't quite what he said...

Appearing on WFAN (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21610050/tim-tebow-an-nfl-quarterback-elway-says-its-a-possibility) radio, Elway was asked if Tebow has the potential to be an NFL quarterback.

"If that's what he wants to do, in the right situation, I think it's a possibility," Elway said,

broncos SB2010
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
I wish I could CP you right now, but I gotta spread it around.

To the OP, I don't know why Elway is still talking about Tebow.

Because he was asked. They also asked Elway about the trade to NYJ

BroncoFanBoy
01-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Because he was asked. They also asked Elway about the trade to NYJ

Let me rephrase that: I have no idea why people are still asking Elway about Tebow. The Jets are likely gonna cut him. That's kinda like asking John Schneider if he thinks Tavaris Jackson is a good QB.

flosstein
01-24-2013, 04:52 PM

That is single handedly the best Tebow zinger ever! And u know I'm a Tebow fan, but when it's a good one, its a good one! CP to u my friend!!! :salute:

-Rod-
01-24-2013, 07:10 PM
The #15 jersey is retired in Philadelphia, but #5 is available. Just saying.

flosstein
01-24-2013, 07:33 PM
The #15 jersey is retired in Philadelphia, but #5 is available. Just saying.

He would actually fit there, scheme wise. But their WR's are not physical enough. They would be wise to consider finding a way to acquire Hill from NYJ. He can run the basic routes needed and assist with solid run blocking. Chip Kelley would be one of the few guys who could make it work. Also Denard Robinson would in a Percy Harvin role would be like the icing on the cake.

RealBronco
01-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Which is exactly why Tebow should suck it up and switch sides and play some linebacker or safety.

-Rod-
01-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Also Denard Robinson would in a Percy Harvin role would be like the icing on the cake.

I'm surprised they are insisting on making Robinson a WR. He is known for running with the ball. Robinson is a runner. It's a waste to make him learn how to run routes and catch the ball. Even receivers can struggle to run crisp NFL routes. If he can't stay healthy then his career will not last, but at least as a RB he would have a better chance to be on an NFL roster.

BluenOrnge4Life
01-24-2013, 08:25 PM
The only chance he has at being a successful QB is in the CFL. Maybe he can go there and learn the skillset he needs to be a legitimate QB and get another shot in the pros down the line, but I doubt it. His athleticism would dominate in the CFL as a running QB, but would he actually commit to reading defenses and fixing his mechanics? Doubt it at this point.. it would've happened already.

HUMCALC
01-24-2013, 08:43 PM
I can see why alot of you have your issues with him, HOWEVER the one thing I don't understand is how you can question his committment. Everyone always said that he was the first to show-up, and the last one to leave. Everyone (on the Broncos) praised how hard he worked to get better each week. He's only played 16 starts, if anyone would give him time to develop, he'd put in the work to become a legitimate QB

CoryWinget81
01-24-2013, 08:51 PM
I can see why alot of you have your issues with him, HOWEVER the one thing I don't understand is how you can question his committment. Everyone always said that he was the first to show-up, and the last one to leave. Everyone (on the Broncos) praised how hard he worked to get better each week. He's only played 16 starts, if anyone would give him time to develop, he'd put in the work to become a legitimate QB

but that's the thing he doesn't have commitment. he has even said himself football is not his first priority.

-Rod-
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM

With all his work ethic and preparation, I always wondered why Tebow never cared about learning how to take a snap under center until he arrived in the NFL. Or why he did not spend more time working on timing as a pocket passer and finding other receivers in the progression. It looks like all his commitment went to the weight room. He can do jump squats but he can't find his 3rd read down the seam. That's the disappointing part about Tebow in my opinion.

flosstein
01-24-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm surprised they are insisting on making Robinson a WR. He is known for running with the ball. Robinson is a runner. It's a waste to make him learn how to run routes and catch the ball. Even receivers can struggle to run crisp NFL routes. If he can't stay healthy then his career will not last, but at least as a RB he would have a better chance to be on an NFL roster.

More of a Harvin type WR. That way his total atheletic ability can be utilized. He should be used in the same way as Harvin as well. Word at the Senior Bowl is he's looking pretty well in the limited workouts. If u could combine him and Tebow, that could be an interesting offense.

-Rod-
01-24-2013, 09:16 PM
More of a Harvin type WR. That way his total atheletic ability can be utilized. He should be used in the same way as Harvin as well. Word at the Senior Bowl is he's looking pretty well in the limited workouts. If u could combine him and Tebow, that could be an interesting offense.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130693/denard-robinson

The opinions of NFL scouts on Michigan QB/WR Denard Robinson's position switch were "decidedly unfavorable" following this week's Senior Bowl practices.

"Not good," said one AFC scout. "I think he took himself from like the third, fourth round to like the sixth, seventh round." Robinson struggled mightily with drops, positioning, and route running. "He's got to catch the ball a lot better," an NFC scout added. "I have no idea at this point what I would do. He's not a corner, he's an offensive skill guy, but where do you put him?"

Jan 24 - 4:30 PM

The answer to me is RB/KR/PR.

broncos SB2010
01-24-2013, 09:33 PM

5-11, 195...he would struggle to make it as a rb too. From a numbers perspective it also easier to make a team as WR than a RB, especially in this passing league.
In the senior bowl practice he had some ups and downs but for a guy just switching he looked like he had a lot of potential as a WR. He will never be a #1 or #2 most likely but he could turn out to be a very nice #3/#4 WR.

broncos SB2010
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM

It's been 3 years. How much time does he need?

Rancid
01-25-2013, 06:42 AM
As long as people buy Tebow jerseys, there will be a place for him in the NFL.

flosstein
01-25-2013, 07:31 AM
As long as people buy Tebow jerseys, there will be a place for him in the NFL.

OT, but I love that sig pic. The look on his face makes me laugh every time I see it. Classic moment in Bronco history.

BluenOrnge4Life
01-25-2013, 05:46 PM
With all his work ethic and preparation, I always wondered why Tebow never cared about learning how to take a snap under center until he arrived in the NFL. Or why he did not spend more time working on timing as a pocket passer and finding other receivers in the progression. It looks like all his commitment went to the weight room. He can do jump squats but he can't find his 3rd read down the seam. That's the disappointing part about Tebow in my opinion.

Exactly. Yes he's one of the hardest working guys in the NFL, but HOW is he spending his time working hard? It's certainly not in the film room where it matters the most. Honestly his throwing motion is long, but the problem is magnified a thousand times because a lot of times he has no clue where to go with the football.

If he knew how to read defenses like Peyton Manning, the ball would come out a lot faster for Tebow, even with his long throwing motion. Struggling to read defenses and a long throwing motion combine for awful timing with his receivers and accuracy.

Alpha
01-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Or Tebow is just way to dumb or a very slow learner to get any better soon.

CoryWinget81
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Or Tebow is just way to dumb or a very slow learner to get any better soon.

I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence, at least the understanding level.

It's more of him wanting to do it his way and prove everyone wrong but not having the skill set to accomplish it. I guess in a way that IS intelligence related, but not because he's dumb but because he's hardheaded.

SBboundBRONCOS
01-28-2013, 02:52 PM

not to take anything away from how hard he works, which im sure he does, that pretty much describes every NFL QB. hell peyton slept in the facility when he first got here.

just because you are a hard worker does not mean you can be successful in the NFL