PDA

View Full Version : Jets and JaMarcus

beastlyskronk
01-29-2013, 01:29 AM
The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Jets have had "some very exploratory, informal discussions" regarding ex-Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell.
Russell, of course, was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and has been out of the league since 2009. However, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that Russell is planning to show his face at the NFL Scouting Combine next month in hopes of making a comeback. Russell is currently tipping the scales at 305 pounds, but hopes to get down to his past playing weight of around 260. The Star-Ledger says these talks happened after Mike Tannenbaum was fired, but it's unclear if John Idzik was in the fold, yet. Only the Jets.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/254769/jets-have-explored-idea-of-jamarcus-russell

I really don't even know what to say to this

Remedy
01-29-2013, 03:46 AM
What a joke..

the Jets are just a long continuous set of punch lines.

samparnell
01-29-2013, 04:34 AM
Train Rex

flosstein
01-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Train Rex

Pretty much sums it up!!!! Living in Jets land, I would love for this to happen!

theMileHighGuy
01-29-2013, 04:59 AM
I'm not sure that I'd rather pay Mark Sanchez several million dollars to do what he does every year, or give it a go with Jamarcus Russell, tough choice.

EddieMac
01-29-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't get how a guy that wants back in the league and announces it is still 40 lbs overweight. Maybe get in shape first then say you want to do it?

FAIL.

Spice 1
01-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I hope they sign him, so next offseason I can hear, "Don't blame me. Jamarcus Russell was forced on me..."

DevilSpawn
01-29-2013, 09:58 AM
ah ha

ah ha

AAAHAHHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha

ha

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!!

Do it Rex! Please sign the whale. I will buy season tickets to see JaMa the Hutt fail. And then he'll eat the Empire State Building.

HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

InsaneBlaze23
01-29-2013, 10:36 AM
The Jets are really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL. Even Browns and Chiefs fans are laughing at them.
You put your best player on the block.
Last season gave Sanchez a new overpaid contract.
Stupidly traded for Tim Tebow and didn't use him.
Had the butt fumble.
Interested in Jafatass Russell.
In I'm pretty sure more has happened or will happen before the 2013 season even starts.

captainbronco
01-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Match made in heaven :laugh:

DevilSpawn
01-29-2013, 11:03 AM
The Jets are really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL. Even Browns and Chiefs fans are laughing at them.
You put your best player on the block.
Last season gave Sanchez a new overpaid contract.
Stupidly traded for Tim Tebow and didn't use him.
Had the butt fumble.
Interested in Jafatass Russell.
In I'm pretty sure more has happened or will happen before the 2013 season even starts.
This has pretty much been the Jets for decades. Constantly trying to escape the shadow of the Giants. They can barely escape the shadow of the Mets.

FAN4LIFEBRONCOS
01-29-2013, 11:04 AM
The guy announced he is ready for a comeback, what does his weight has to do with his ability to read defense and throw the ball down field? or even to manage the game for the Jets? Its unbelievable how many people are losing their minds over this. I mean really? why can't Russell has the size and speed to elude defensive linemen and at 308lbs this guy could be a nightmare for opposing defense to bring down. I say give the man another shot and see what he has in him that convinced him he's ready to play.

BroncoFan46
01-29-2013, 12:50 PM
The guy announced he is ready for a comeback, what does his weight has to do with his ability to read defense and throw the ball down field? or even to manage the game for the Jets? Its unbelievable how many people are losing their minds over this. I mean really? why can't Russell has the size and speed to elude defensive linemen and at 308lbs this guy could be a nightmare for opposing defense to bring down. I say give the man another shot and see what he has in him that convinced him he's ready to play.

He's out of shape, that's why. Can't play professional football if you're out of shape.

Charlie Brown
01-29-2013, 01:04 PM

Do you know who drafted JaMarcus Russell? The Raiders

Do you know who their general manager was? Mike Lombardi

Where is Mike Lombardi at now?

I don't think I need to spell it out any more than that.

InsaneBlaze23
01-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Do you know who drafted JaMarcus Russell? The Raiders

Do you know who their general manager was? Mike Lombardi

Where is Mike Lombardi at now?

I don't think I need to spell it out any more than that.

Are speculating that the Browns will battle the Jets for Russell?
http://loveyourway.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/fighting.jpg

beastlyskronk
01-29-2013, 02:00 PM

He's never been able to read a defense or complete passes down the field. At over 300 lbs, he isn't going to be running away from anybody and it won't be hard to bring him down at all, just because he weighs a lot doesn't mean he's hard to tackle. I guarantee you a lot of that weight is fat and Russell isn't going to generate enough momentum going forward to break tackles or run people over. There's a reason you don't see 300 lb. players running with the ball very often. There's never even been a 300 lb. QB, which is because all that weight is going to lead to sloppy mechanics. And you can't have a player who can't stay in shape leading your team, that would be terrible.

The Jets announced that they aren't interested in Jamarcus. His career is over in the NFL.

DevilSpawn
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
He's never been able to read a defense or complete passes down the field. At over 300 lbs, he isn't going to be running away from anybody and it won't be hard to bring him down at all, just because he weighs a lot doesn't mean he's hard to tackle. I guarantee you a lot of that weight is fat and Russell isn't going to generate enough momentum going forward to break tackles or run people over. There's a reason you don't see 300 lb. players running with the ball very often. There's never even been a 300 lb. QB, which is because all that weight is going to lead to sloppy mechanics. And you can't have a player who can't stay in shape leading your team, that would be terrible.

The Jets announced that they aren't interested in Jamarcus. His career is over in the NFL.
Damn. :(

He wasn't hard to tackle for a guy his size, but being big has nothing to do with it. I saw him truck one defender, can't remember who, just that it was in his rookie year. That's about it. I don't know if it was the Robitussin or his personality in general but he just was, I don't know, too care free. No work ethic. Showed a pinky of promise but nothing more.

beastlyskronk
01-29-2013, 02:26 PM

He wasn't hard to tackle for a guy his size, but being big has nothing to do with it. I saw him truck one defender, can't remember who, just that it was in his rookie year. That's about it. I don't know if it was the Robitussin or his personality in general but he just was, I don't know, too care free. No work ethic. Showed a pinky of promise but nothing more.

There's a saying about a blind squirrel and a nut that would fit this lol

Russell should become a competitive eater

BroncoFanBoy
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM

I think he would've had a great career if he wasn't so darn lazy.

Even if he does make a comeback, I would say even signing him as a backup is a bad idea. 3rd string, maybe.

Charlie Brown
01-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Are speculating that the Browns will battle the Jets for Russell?

No, I'm suggesting that Mike Lombardi will be.

GoManning
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM

Jared Lorenzen :D

theMileHighGuy
01-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Jared Lorenzen :D

:laugh: I got to see him play in person in a UIFL game. I think at that time he had to be pushing 350. He was huge. He was lighting it up though, lol.

Jamarcus should probably go play in an indoor league, too.

DevilSpawn
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
No, I'm suggesting that Mike Lombardi will be.
Chuck, JaMarcus was an Al Davis obsession.

FAN4LIFEBRONCOS
01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
How about trying Canadian Football? if Warren Moon went there why can't scrubs like Russell give it a try LOL

samparnell
01-31-2013, 05:34 AM
Warren Moon was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006 after a seventeen year NFL career.

FAN4LIFEBRONCOS
01-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Warren Moon was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006 after a seventeen year NFL career.

I knew who Warren Moon was. I'm just saying why Jamarcus Russell insist he deserve a shot in the NFL, why not try Canadian Football and make a comeback from there maybe some NFL team would consider him.

samparnell
01-31-2013, 08:00 AM
I knew who Warren Moon was. I'm just saying why Jamarcus Russell insist he deserve a shot in the NFL, why not try Canadian Football and make a comeback from there maybe some NFL team would consider him.

Maybe the larger field would help him get back into shape. :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-01-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't get how a guy that wants back in the league and announces it is still 40 lbs overweight. Maybe get in shape first then say you want to do it?

FAIL.

Exactly .....

broncos SB2010
02-01-2013, 08:00 PM

FAIL.

what are you talking about??? He is in shape:

http://www.glennys.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pearshaped.gif

I believe he would be the apple.