PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lewis cheated to return from injury this season

fraguela09
01-29-2013, 11:34 AM
FROM ROTOWORLD: According to Sports Illustrated, Ray Lewis contacted the sports science company S.W.A.T.S. in October to help with recovery from his torn triceps.

The owner of the company, Mitch Ross, allegedly recorded conversations between himself and Lewis. A program that included a deer-antler spray that includes IGF-1, which is on the NFL's banned-substance list, was prescribed. "Just pile me up and just send me everything you got, because I got to get back this week," Lewis said. There figures to be an investigation, but it won't wrap up until after Sunday's Super Bowl. At that point, Lewis will be retired.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130129/the-strange-lab-that-lured-numerous-athletes/

GF-1 is also a substance banned by the NCAA and by every major pro league. Alleging that the NFL warned players away from S.W.A.T.S.'s spray because it's a threat to "Big Pharma," Key boasted that S.W.A.T.S. is "the most controversial supplement company on Earth."

Ray Lewis spoke with S.W.A.T.S.'s owner Mitch Ross in October to request items that would speed his recovery from a torn right triceps.

S.W.A.T.S.'s most famous client, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, enters Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday after speaking with Ross in October to request items that would speed his recovery from a torn right triceps.

---------------

I posted this here b/c it relates to the Broncos on 2 fronts. First, it might have cost us a Super Bowl title. Ray had 17 tackles against us. Secondly, we know first hand the devastation a torn triceps has on a season. Didnt Ty Warren suffer this same injury and was lost for the year?

BroncoFanBoy
01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
I didn't even know that was possible. :eek:

If that's true, I've lost al the remaining respect I have for Lewis.

JerseyAdam
01-29-2013, 11:46 AM
FROM ROTOWORLD: According to Sports Illustrated, Ray Lewis contacted the sports science company S.W.A.T.S. in October to help with recovery from his torn triceps.

The owner of the company, Mitch Ross, allegedly recorded conversations between himself and Lewis. A program that included a deer-antler spray that includes IGF-1, which is on the NFL's banned-substance list, was prescribed. "Just pile me up and just send me everything you got, because I got to get back this week," Lewis said. There figures to be an investigation, but it won't wrap up until after Sunday's Super Bowl. At that point, Lewis will be retired.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130129/the-strange-lab-that-lured-numerous-athletes/

GF-1 is also a substance banned by the NCAA and by every major pro league. Alleging that the NFL warned players away from S.W.A.T.S.'s spray because it's a threat to "Big Pharma," Key boasted that S.W.A.T.S. is "the most controversial supplement company on Earth."

Ray Lewis spoke with S.W.A.T.S.'s owner Mitch Ross in October to request items that would speed his recovery from a torn right triceps.

S.W.A.T.S.'s most famous client, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, enters Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday after speaking with Ross in October to request items that would speed his recovery from a torn right triceps.

---------------

I posted this here b/c it relates to the Broncos on 2 fronts. First, it might have cost us a Super Bowl title. Ray had 17 tackles against us. Secondly, we know first hand the devastation a torn triceps has on a season. Didnt Ty Warren suffer this same injury and was lost for the year?

he said this report was from 2 years ago. who knows. honestly, lewis wasnt the one that held from winning that game. that game did not come down to ray lewis and what he may or may not have taken to get healthy.

i feel these guys do some shady stuff on every team. not every player but guys bend the rules all the time, its just you hear about the big fish. i also dont think it is a coincidence that the arod report came out yesterday and now this.

in other news, randy moss proclaimed himself the greatest wr of all time. lol good for him, i like randy, little edgy and does some head scratching things but hes alright in my book. bark is bigger then the bite, enjoying the ride.

Denver Mike
01-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Idioco...

I didn't lose all.. but a big chunk of respect was lost.. as well as the fact he may play next year.. if he does I hope he's brutally beaten and forced into retirement

Remedy
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
He cheated his way out of a murder conviction...

so IF this is true really is it surprising he cheated his way back from injury.

theMileHighGuy
01-29-2013, 12:30 PM

This lol. So many things to say about him that can't be said peaceably.

I hope his bones start to fork and grow out of his body.

Southtown
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
I didn't read the whole article but the accusations seemed to be centered around the use of IGF.

If that's the case then it's a lot to do about nothing, IMO.

I'm the last person on earth that would support Lewis in anything, but IGF is not a big deal. It can be purchased in any health food store,Mother Earth, GNC, etc. It's what the liver concerts HGH into naturally. You can get the same result by throwing down some L-Arginine (amino acid) in high doses at bedtime.

If it's on the NFL's banned list than that is stupid. Illegal, nonetheless, but stupid IMO.

samparnell
01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
meth-laced cheetah plasma :eek:

HavoK471
01-29-2013, 02:41 PM

Cheated his way? He ratted out his life long friends who weren't found guilty of anything. Not the same thing

He consumed liquid deer antlers. That's frightening

MileHighInNY
01-31-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm so sick of Ray Lewis; he can't be gone from the NFL soon enough, IMO. It's not just the sketchiness surrounding the murder charges in 2000 or these new allegations of using banned substances that get to me, it's the fact that he uses his religious beliefs as his answer to any questions about anything. He invokes the name of God more than Tebow ever did, even going so far as to claim (after the fact) that it was "God's will" that the Ravens beat the Broncos or that it was "God's plan" that Ray gets one more shot at a Superbowl before he retires. It's just ridiculous, especially coming from a guy who has been brought up on murder charges and now accused of outright cheating.

(NOTE: I have no problem with religion, personal expression of religious beliefs, or anything of that kind. I'm fairly religious myself and am still a big Tebow fan. It's Lewis' apparent hypocrisy that annoys me, and the fact that it all seems like an act from him--"Look at me, guys, I'm religious, so no way I'm a bad person or did all this stuff people say I did" rather than a genuine inner faith in deity).

one_bad_55
01-31-2013, 10:33 AM

That is funny............Good One!!!!!!!! CP to ya

Sam_Z
01-31-2013, 11:09 AM
That is funny............Good One!!!!!!!! CP to ya

Yeah I almost spit my coffee out when I read that. :laugh: too funny!

PowderAddict
01-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Somehow I doubt some dubious deer antler velvet spray was the difference between his playing and his not playing.

Thors Hammer
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Never heard of the sports benefits of deer antler before. I got a buddy who's got a fortune in performance enhancers on his wall. :laugh:

Now if Lewis had used doe urine on his cleats, that's a different story. :coffee:

GoManning
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
He's such an attention whore.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ray+Lewis+AFC+Championship+Baltimore+Ravens+gT_3zK SCwdWl.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ray+Lewis+AFC+Championship+Baltimore+Ravens+U5ukjX Ffzy1l.jpg

Papa-pwn
01-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Not cheating whatsoever. Use of PEDs is no more cheating in sports than getting a good nights sleep, or eating a well balanced breakfast.

Deer antler velvet is essentially IGF-1, and while it is beneficial(I've used it, yes) to muscular recovery, I am sure Ray was on more potent stuff just like 90% of the sporting world.

Though it is a little humorous he thought it was transdermal

MileHighInNY
02-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Not cheating whatsoever. Use of PEDs is no more cheating in sports than getting a good nights sleep, or eating a well balanced breakfast.

It's absolutely cheating! Violating the rules in order to gain an advantage during competition is the very definition of cheating! Use of any substance banned by NFL rules while one is an NFL player cannot be justified. Regardless of how many people use similar substances or how rarely they may get caught, it's still cheating; even if all of the players do it that doesn't make it okay, because every person using these substances is, in fact, a cheater.

broncolee
02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
If he used the spray it was wrong because it is against the rules.

The real question is whether or not a natural substance should be banned.

TorBronco
02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
If he used the spray it was wrong because it is against the rules.

The real question is whether or not a natural substance should be banned.

Well, Marijuana is a natural substance.

broncolee
02-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Well, Marijuana is a natural substance.

It's also a mood altering drug that can be laced with harmful chemicals and is illegal by laws established by the government.

This deer antler velvet spray isn't illegal. It's only banned by sports leagues because they say it acts like HGH.

broncoslover115
02-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Apparently the head of the company of the deer antler stuff gave an impromtu press conference yesterday and said Ray Lewis was not a client and didn't take it but named other athletes who did.

broncolee
02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Apparently the head of the company of the deer antler stuff gave an impromtu press conference yesterday and said Ray Lewis was not a client and didn't take it but named other athletes who did.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8906647/2013-super-bowl-mitch-ross-never-saw-ray-lewis-use-deer-antler-spray

He said that he never saw Lewis use the spray. He didn't say he didn't give or send Lewis the spray.

Papa-pwn
02-02-2013, 03:09 PM
It's absolutely cheating! Violating the rules in order to gain an advantage during competition is the very definition of cheating! Use of any substance banned by NFL rules while one is an NFL player cannot be justified. Regardless of how many people use similar substances or how rarely they may get caught, it's still cheating; even if all of the players do it that doesn't make it okay, because every person using these substances is, in fact, a cheater.

If everyone is "cheating" then nobody has an unfair advantage, and that is all that matters.

If you're afraid to juice, or try some new methods to get better, then maybe you're just not cut out to be a champion. There's no excuse for not being the strongest you possible can be, especially in sports.

canadiansbronco
02-02-2013, 06:51 PM
If everyone is "cheating" then nobody has an unfair advantage, and that is all that matters.

If you're afraid to juice, or try some new methods to get better, then maybe you're just not cut out to be a champion. There's no excuse for not being the strongest you possible can be, especially in sports.

Or you just have integrity and want to be fair............

Broncoholic JS
02-03-2013, 01:49 AM
Did Ray Lewis "tape a cheetah to his back", or did he "tape a deer antler to his back"?

LOL

The Experience
02-03-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't believe one second of this.

Atwnbroncfan
02-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Who cares, Ray Lewis was not the reason they won. he was not good in the playoffs

HUMCALC
02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
He should be stripped of his ring

InsaneBlaze23
02-17-2013, 02:08 AM

There was something I was gonna say in this thread...then I saw these post and forgot because I couldn't stop laughing.
Also so many people defend Ray in terms of that murder case. All I'll say about that is, if you wasn't there you can't say anything about it. You don't know if he did or didn't. Just because he said he didn't and that evidence was lacking doesn't mean he didn't do it. Evidence was lacking in the Casey Anthony case, but I'm pretty sure 100% of the people who know of that case thinks she killed her kid. It happens more often than it should where people get off because of lack of evidence. Now I personally do think Ray committed murder, but since I wasn't there, my opinion on rather he did it or not is irrelevant. My grandmother a Police Officer for over 30yrs, and worked at the main court, also thinks he did it. But again she wasn't there, but I'll take her opinion or any Cop's opinion on the case over random football fans that are so up his jock strap, that they refuse to believe anything negative.

As for the spray, if it's illegal, it's illegal. Doing anything against the rules is cheating.

Also on the bright side, this Deer Antler spray made Kevin Hart a funny man Friday during the celebrity game.

fallforward3y+
02-19-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm so sick of Ray Lewis; he can't be gone from the NFL soon enough, IMO. It's not just the sketchiness surrounding the murder charges in 2000 or these new allegations of using banned substances that get to me, it's the fact that he uses his religious beliefs as his answer to any questions about anything. He invokes the name of God more than Tebow ever did, even going so far as to claim (after the fact) that it was "God's will" that the Ravens beat the Broncos or that it was "God's plan" that Ray gets one more shot at a Superbowl before he retires. It's just ridiculous, especially coming from a guy who has been brought up on murder charges and now accused of outright cheating.

(NOTE: I have no problem with religion, personal expression of religious beliefs, or anything of that kind. I'm fairly religious myself and am still a big Tebow fan. It's Lewis' apparent hypocrisy that annoys me, and the fact that it all seems like an act from him--"Look at me, guys, I'm religious, so no way I'm a bad person or did all this stuff people say I did" rather than a genuine inner faith in deity).

I agree with you man, he gets on my nerves too. I find it very annoying when players say "god's plan" type nonsense involving sports. I play football, I believe that what we do out there is in our control, I believe that what is done in football is earned. It is not god, nor is it god's plan. It is also stupid that he says "respect is earned", then goes and says what happens on the field is god's plan. If you earn it, it's not god's plan. This crap is more respected than someone using it to justify wrongdoing they've done, however its the same thing. The choice to work and get better at football, decisions on how to play an opponent or any football decisions are no more or less of choices than whether or not to kill. You can't have it both ways, he either plans things or doesn't. Therefore if people roll their eyes at you saying a crime you committed was god's plan, they should do the same for Ray and his "god's plan for us to win" crap.

EddieMac
02-19-2013, 09:06 AM
I found it quite eye opening in his pre Super Bowl interview his answer to he question of if he was involved othe shooting. No outright denial whatsover. He just went on ask the interviewer that if he did something so bad would God reward him with everything he has got since. No that I ever doubted he was involved, this just really confirmed it in my mind.

So glad he is done.

fallforward3y+
02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
I found it quite eye opening in his pre Super Bowl interview his answer to he question of if he was involved othe shooting. No outright denial whatsover. He just went on ask the interviewer that if he did something so bad would God reward him with everything he has got since. No that I ever doubted he was involved, this just really confirmed it in my mind.

So glad he is done.

Me too, and I gotta see I'm loving the environment here lol. I am so sick of Ray Lewis, and am glad he is done. I wanted to regurgitate all playoffs long every time I heard how great he was and what an inspiration he is. If he was my teammate he'd just get on my nerves. What does he inspire anyway, according to him its god that makes stuff happen. To add, I thought he was a bit overrated, he hasn't been a top LB for years really. He was at a point maybe the best straight ahead tackling LB in the league, but wasn't that good tackling out at an angle.

#24 Next Champ
02-19-2013, 06:06 PM

Are you freakin serious right now? That's disgusting and I pray you're never a Coach at any level

How freakin ridiculous, you should seriously be ashamed of that statement

You seriously just lost all my respect as a poster...how freakin disgusting ...that stuff is absolute garbage and NOBODY should be 'juicing'

fallforward3y+
02-20-2013, 03:16 AM

Wow, I have never heard anything this stupid. I hear everyone does it, excuses for cheating but honoring cheating and saying your not cut out to be a champion if your "scared to cheat", just wow. Its called honor, as in wanting to legitimately win by being good, without the help of enhancing drugs. Athletes that think this way deserve career ending injuries.

PManningTKO
02-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Can't stand Ray Lewis and never could. He's such a phoney big mouth. I knew as soon as he announced he'd retire at the end of the season there chances of winning the Superbowl increased drastically. Almost to the point where I thought it be fixed.

InsaneBlaze23
02-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Can't stand Ray Lewis and never could. He's such a phoney big mouth. I knew as soon as he announced he'd retire at the end of the season there chances of winning the Superbowl increased drastically. Almost to the point where I thought it be fixed.

Might as well been.:coffee:

Montoya
02-21-2013, 02:54 AM
Ray Lewis is a legend. One of the best defensive players of all time. It doesnt matter what some of you think about him. He is a man who overcame the streets.and took advantage of the second chance that god gave him BestLeader to ever play the game . Yes. Even better than manning. Listen to his speeches. Make every single hair on your body stand up. I cant look different on him if this story is true. He wanted to do everything in his power to make sure he was there in that final game. If von went down. I know all of you would want him to do whatever it took to get back. 52 did just that. And I respect that. This being his last season. He did evrything in his power to bring that trophy home. That man is a warrior. Idc what anybody says.

fallforward3y+
02-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Ray Lewis is a legend. One of the best defensive players of all time. It doesnt matter what some of you think about him. He is a man who overcame the streets.and took advantage of the second chance that god gave him BestLeader to ever play the game . Yes. Even better than manning. Listen to his speeches. Make every single hair on your body stand up. I cant look different on him if this story is true. He wanted to do everything in his power to make sure he was there in that final game. If von went down. I know all of you would want him to do whatever it took to get back. 52 did just that. And I respect that. This being his last season. He did evrything in his power to bring that trophy home. That man is a warrior. Idc what anybody says.

I've heard him speak, the effect it has on my body is making every muscle in my stomach turn. I can't take anyone seriously who actually thinks what happens on the field is god's plan..especially when they say that and then say "respect is earned", when apparently you don't earn it in his eyes, its god.

InsaneBlaze23
02-21-2013, 07:32 AM

Apparently you don't know anything. You can't say you know everyone would want him to do whatever it takes to get back on the field. Because you don't know what's going on in peoples head. If Von Miller cheated either to help himself preform or get back from an injury, I'd want him traded and he'd lose all respect from me. Nobody is special, a cheater is a cheater. Ray's speeches didn't make a single strand of hair stand on my body. He spoke in that was it. Not denying that he was a good leader in terms of lifting his teammates morals, but aside from that he isn't the best in the leagues history. Like Barry Bonds home runs, Ray Lewis life will go down in history with an asterisk on it.