PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Ray Lewis Be Suspended?

Broncoholic JS
01-29-2013, 08:40 PM
So if Ray Lewis tested positive for a banned substance, shouldn't he be suspended for the Super Bowl?

Hmmmmmmm, let's see how the league tries to cover this one up.

AznBroncoFan
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM
More reason to hate the crows...

Frenchy180
01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't think I've heard any reports of him testing positive for anything... Just that it was reported that he was prescribed something against the leagues substance policies.

Broncoholic JS
01-29-2013, 08:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8894127/super-bowl-2013-ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-reportedly-connected-ped

Ray Lewis was given a product to help heal his torn triceps that contains a banned substance, according to a Sports Illustrated report that will appear on newsstands Monday. The Baltimore Ravens linebacker has not tested positive and denies using it, a team official told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

More From ESPN.com

Ray Lewis will go down as one of the best linebackers ever, but there are now questions about whether or not he cheated, writes Jamison Hensley. Blog

Mitch Ross, a co-owner of Sports with Alternatives to Steroids (SWATS), told Sports Illustrated that he spoke to Lewis shortly after the linebacker tore his triceps Oct. 14 and he requested products that could help speed up his recovery. Deer-antler spray was among the prescribed treatments. Deer-antler spray contains a substance, IGF-1, on the NFL's banned list.

SWATS is the subject of an in-depth profile in Sports Illustrated's next issue. A version of the story also was posted on SI.com.

Lewis dismissed the report when asked about it at Super Bowl media day Tuesday in New Orleans.

"Two years ago, it was the same report. I wouldn't give that report or him any of my press. He's not worthy of that. Next question," Lewis said.

Lewis was referring to a Jan. 19, 2011, story by Yahoo! Sports on SWATS in which Hue Jackson, then the Raiders' coach, was told by the NFL to cut ties with the company. Ross told ThePostGame.com in 2011 that he gave Jackson free products that the coach gave to players, including Lewis.

Click on the link for more of the story

Broncoholic JS
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't think I've heard any reports of him testing positive for anything... Just that it was reported that he was prescribed something against the leagues substance policies.

It's a banned substance, it still counts.

Rancid
01-29-2013, 09:39 PM
So, let me see if I get this straight:

Ray Lewis gets no fine for a banned substance, but Frank Gore gets fined for wearing his socks too low and he is fined more than Tom Brady with an intentional kick slide into Ed Reed?

So, Ginger Hammer thinks: Drugs < Kicking < Low socks

I think that makes total sense :sad:

ebsoria
01-29-2013, 09:44 PM

Ray Lewis gets no fine for a banned substance, but Frank Gore gets fined for wearing his socks too low and he is fined more than Tom Brady with an intentional kick slide into Ed Reed?

Well, your reasoning is pretty sound.

Charlie Brown
01-29-2013, 10:34 PM
So if Ray Lewis tested positive for a banned substance, shouldn't he be suspended for the Super Bowl?

Hmmmmmmm, let's see how the league tries to cover this one up.

If he tested positive for a banned substance, they could not suspend him. He literally could be caught injecting a steroid right now - and he would not be suspended. The suspension process now involves appeals and court involvement. The justice system is now involved in determining player suspensions.

Broncoholic JS
01-29-2013, 10:53 PM

I'm getting tired of the NFL protecting Ray Lewis. He is the epitome of the scum of the earth IMHO. Why would you want to protect him with the things he has done? Not saying there is enough time is a crock. I am with you.

-Rod-
01-29-2013, 11:13 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2246/ray-lewis

According to the Baltimore Sun, the deer-antler spray Ray Lewis allegedly obtained from sports science company S.W.A.T.S. is unlikely to have contained a banned substance.

Lewis is accused of using a spray that contains banned substance IGF-1, but a doctor who studies growth hormone deficiency for Johns Hopkins University says that's not possible. "It’s just simply not possible for (IGF-1) to come from a spray," Dr. Roberto Salvatori said. "If (it) were, a lot of people would be happy that they don’t need to get shots anymore." The story will likely continue to be propped up as a distraction ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl, but it's a non-issue for the soon-to-be retired Lewis.

Jan 29 - 10:04 PM

PowderAddict
01-30-2013, 08:22 AM
That banned substance doesn't show on urine tests, only blood tests, which the NFL does not use.

EddieMac
01-30-2013, 09:33 AM
they were explaining it on NFL radio. HE literally could go on the podium this week and announce he did it and there is nothing they could do. A story is not evidence, it is a starting point for an investigation. Even if they drug tested him this week it couldn't happen.

If its true...brutal way to end a career Ray...nice work. That is (may be) your legacy. Now, more than ever I am cheering for the 49ers, even though I never want to see Moss with a ring either...

CanDB
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
they were explaining it on NFL radio. HE literally could go on the podium this week and announce he did it and there is nothing they could do. A story is not evidence, it is a starting point for an investigation. Even if they drug tested him this week it couldn't happen.

If its true...brutal way to end a career Ray...nice work. That is (may be) your legacy. Now, more than ever I am cheering for the 49ers, even though I never want to see Moss with a ring either...

Ray Lewis will leave behind an extensive body of positive work, on and off the field......problem is, he will always be remembered for the wrong reason (until the day everyone gets all the facts). And yes, this latest matter (if true)would add to the controversy.

SBboundBRONCOS
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM

quit blaming goodell, he doesnt make these rules. the uniform rules have been around since the 60's and its not gores first issue with it

that was bradys first fine in EVER

It's a banned substance, it still counts.

so you havent been proven of being guilty by ANY evidence whatsoever should you be suspended by your job or go to jail?

you people are absolutely clueless on how this all works, quit being ridiculous.

and aside from the murder incident, which he was also never proven guilty of, why is he such a scum bag?

Charlie Brown
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
quit blaming goodell, he doesnt make these rules. the uniform rules have been around since the 60's and its not gores first issue with it

that was bradys first fine in EVER

so you havent been proven of being guilty by ANY evidence whatsoever should you be suspended by your job or go to jail?

you people are absolutely clueless on how this all works, quit being ridiculous.

and aside from the murder incident, which he was also never proven guilty of, why is he such a scum bag?

He was proven guilty of it. He admitted his guilt in a plea deal and testified against the other two. He plead guilty to obstruction of justice when he refused to turn over evidence and fled the scene. The person who was murdered - his blood was all over Ray Lewis' limo. Ray Lewis informed his driver to shut his mouth and to flee the scene. That night he was wearing a white suit that HE REFUSED to hand over to the authorities because he "couldn't find it".

LINK (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/)

Southtown
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
I guess it's a matter of opinion but IGF is not a big deal to me...and I don't see why it should be a big deal to anyone. You can literally but it ANYWHERE, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/igflipo.html

Mother earth, GNC, Whole Foods all carry this spray. I believe it is just a precursor to natural HGH levels in the body. You can boost your own HGH in any number of way...all of which are legal.

Anybody here lift weights? Do you drink a protein shake pre/post workout? If yes, your doing so in order to consume a high level of amino acids. Taken at a high enough dosage, specific amino acids boots your HGH levels naturally. This spray just skips a few steps of that process if I understand it correctly.

Other than that....to haities w/ Ray Lewis.

FAN4LIFEBRONCOS
01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he used steroids in our last game cause dude was pumped up all game long making play all over the field like he was he is prime still LOL.

If Lance Armstrong admitted it so can Lewis LOL!

assassin216
01-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Its funny how all this stuff about him using PED's comes out the week before the Superbowl.....They had all season to bring this up and yet they waited,until the Superbowl week...

This is a witchhunt by the media to destroy Ray Lewis credibility

Its amazing how they didnt bring up Roethisberger's sexual assault cases when he was in the Superbowl two years ago and yet they want to bring up something that happened 12 years ago again...

I know....I know...two different circumstances and I agree but it still dont take away how they ignore Big Ben's sexual assault cases and yet want to bring up the Ray Lewis situation...

This is why, I understand why some athletes dont want to deal with the media....I understand its part of the job but for the media to hype someone up and then tear them down is ridiculous...

GoManning
01-30-2013, 09:04 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/556545_10151424533987682_846340477_n.jpg

-Rod-
01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
No one would care about this spray if Rahim Moore had done his job.