PDA

View Full Version : Collin Kaepernick...

Denver Mike
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Threw an interception early in the game...

Then was almost entirely lights out afterwards. He played well in his first 10 games of his NFL career and he looks like he's got a very bright, promising future.. If they would have won he would easily have won SuperBowl MVP.. (I think he still shoulda won SB MVP)...

Kid's gonna win a lot of games for San Fran..

broncos SB2010
02-03-2013, 09:08 PM
yep. and people laughed at me when I said the Broncos should draft him and was the best QB in that draft........

BroncoFan46
02-03-2013, 09:10 PM
That guy is gonna have one hell of a career.

Denver Mike
02-03-2013, 09:12 PM
yep. and people laughed at me when I said the Broncos should draft him and was the best QB in that draft........

Haha.. let them scoff.. At the time I always liked Mallett.. but who knows what will ever become of him..
Then I liked Dalton..

But after watching Kaep play his first few games and the SB... he's something special. I truly believe that. How his feet work and how he hucks the ball with such accuracy.. Very Elway-esque...

broncos SB2010
02-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Haha.. let them scoff.. At the time I always liked Mallett.. but who knows what will ever become of him..
Then I liked Dalton..

But after watching Kaep play his first few games and the SB... he's something special. I truly believe that. How his feet work and how he hucks the ball with such accuracy.. Very Elway-esque...

He started off slow but ended up with a real solid performance. He would have won MVP if they had pulled off the win at the end. SF is going to to be a tough team to beat for a long time I expect.

Denver Mike
02-03-2013, 09:29 PM
He started off slow but ended up with a real solid performance. He would have won MVP if they had pulled off the win at the end. SF is going to to be a tough team to beat for a long time I expect.

I agree.. that team has always had a knack for picking up a kid, and grooming him to be special. They're going to be tough. And I love it too because it will give the NFC another threat.. It's going to be fun to watch.

TheSheriff
02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I agree.. that team has always had a knack for picking up a kid, and grooming him to be special. They're going to be tough. And I love it too because it will give the NFC another threat.. It's going to be fun to watch.

Yup SF has so much talent...and most of it is young or entering its prime. Justin Smith's age/injuries will hurt b/c he his huge for them, but they'll be good for a long time if they make a couple of good picks to sure up that defense.

Denver Mike
02-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Yup SF has so much talent...and most of it is young or entering its prime. Justin Smith's age/injuries will hurt b/c he his huge for them, but they'll be good for a long time if they make a couple of good picks to sure up that defense.

It's all about power and balance.. granted Brady's still got it and Peyton still had a close to MVP award, the power was very much AFC lop-sided for many years..

And even still.. if Flacco steps up and begins playing in regular season like he has all playoffs, then thats going to be fun..

broncos SB2010
02-03-2013, 09:38 PM
They are going to need to find a replacement for Gore, b etter DBs and more WR but they have a A LOT of young talent:

Kaepernick
Crabtree

Oline:
Iupati
Staley
Boone
Davis

LB:
Brooks
Bowman
Smith
Willis

TheSheriff
02-03-2013, 09:41 PM
It's all about power and balance.. granted Brady's still got it and Peyton still had a close to MVP award, the power was very much AFC lop-sided for many years..

And even still.. if Flacco steps up and begins playing in regular season like he has all playoffs, then thats going to be fun..

I think the AFC will probably for the next 4 years be run by the same guys like you're saying....brady, manning, big ben, and flacco now. Ravens I can see falling apart or staying really good. If they lose boldin (who was AMAZING for them in the playoffs), kruger (who was a monster this postseason, and really killed the broncos), Reed, and Lewis (he was really good vs the colts playoff game, had moments there, but yeah he was much slower, still he provided inspiration that I think played a big role in their playoff run), then they'll be missing some of their firepower. Ellerbe, Torrey smith, and jacoby jones all have the potential to be studs though. Like you said, it should be fun. Hopefully the fun is for our broncos though with 4 straight super bowl wins :)

TheSheriff
02-03-2013, 09:42 PM
They are going to need to find a replacement for Gore, b etter DBs and more WR but they have a A LOT of young talent:

Kaepernick
Crabtree

Oline:
Iupati
Staley
Boone
Davis

LB:
Brooks
Bowman
Smith
Willis

And vernon davis still seems to be in his prime, guy can be such a monster at times

Denver Mike
02-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Yeah if San Fran scored a big time runner, a Marshawn Lynch type... They'll be dangerous.. Way dangerous

aditheman
02-03-2013, 10:37 PM
We should trade Manning and a 1st round draft pick for Kaepernick. Too abd SF would never do that trade

Denver Mike
02-03-2013, 10:48 PM
We should trade Manning and a 1st round draft pick for Kaepernick. Too abd SF would never do that trade

Considering that both their first and ours will hold little point value

ruksak
02-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Then was almost entirely lights out afterwards.

lol....you actually said that?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
He's got more upside than any QB I can think of.

theMileHighGuy
02-04-2013, 01:17 AM
lol....you actually said that?

HA!

He's got more upside than any QB I can think of.

Yeah Al I think I agree. I think the most amazing thing about him is not his speed but his arm. His arm is crazy. He can throw a dart like you'd see come off Jay Cutler's arm, and it looks effortless.

Then he gets out of the pocket and I don't think there's a defensive player in the league he can't outrun.

I don't think he was ready for the superbowl, but a lot of kids wouldn't be. If he made a couple different reads (even one) I think it could have been a different game. If he hits Moss in the middle on the deep pass Crabtree dropped, that would have been a TD.

He has a lot of time and a lot of wins ahead of him.

Broncoboy6
02-04-2013, 04:33 AM
Yeah if San Fran scored a big time runner, a Marshawn Lynch type... They'll be dangerous.. Way dangerous
Well, they have a bruiser in Dixon, then they have James to split carries with. Gore still is a big threat too. And yes, Kaepernick will be fun to watch for years to come.

FAN4LIFEBRONCOS
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Each time I think how we had Kaepernick on our lap in the draft and let the 49ers got the kid I can't help but to resent Johnny, and we passed on Russell Wilson yet again to draft a nobody in Brook Osweiler who had started only 7 games and never awarded squat for playing the position. I think its time to start questioning Johnny's draft picks for the past two seasons outside Von Miller.

SBboundBRONCOS
02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
the fact that anyone compares him to any running QB is funny to me. this kid has one hell of an arm and accuracy to boot

i can believe they passed 3 straight times in the redzone for the game winner .... he could have run the ball in any of those 3 times IMO, Balt could not stop him when he took off and they had plenty of time to burn

Amari24
02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Each time I think how we had Kaepernick on our lap in the draft and let the 49ers got the kid I can't help but to resent Johnny, and we passed on Russell Wilson yet again to draft a nobody in Brook Osweiler who had started only 7 games and never awarded squat for playing the position. I think its time to start questioning Johnny's draft picks for the past two seasons outside Von Miller.

These posts bashing Osweiler and whining about who could've been had are getting old. If the Broncos drafted Wilson and the Hawks drafted Osweiler, who'd then proceed to have a good year, you'd be complaining that Osweiler should've been the pick. It's getting tiresome.

No one knows what Osweiler will bring when his number is finally called. It makes no sense to constantly weep about having this and that when he hasn't played a meaningful down yet.

Kaepernick was there for the taking, but we all know Denver needed help on defense more than another project QB. The Tebow and Orton situation was already out of hand as is.

Frankenpost
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
He'll slump next year, teams will have enough film on this guy in the offseason to figure him out.

I remember people were saying the same thing about the rookie Sanchez with his back to back AFC Championship games with the Jets as the next best thing.

Look how that turned out. :coffee:

theMileHighGuy
02-05-2013, 01:34 PM
He'll slump next year, teams will have enough film on this guy in the offseason to figure him out.

I remember people were saying the same thing about the rookie Sanchez with his back to back AFC Championship games with the Jets as the next best thing.

Yeah but Sanchez is incredibly one dimensional and gets shaken easily. The talent level of that team also took a nose dive.

Even if you look at Cam Newton who slumped this year, Kaep is a better runner AND passer than him in my opinion. He also doesn't have that king crap attitude, and he plays on a far superior team with recievers and a running game. I think SF will easily be back in the championship game next year.

fallforward3y+
02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Threw an interception early in the game...

Then was almost entirely lights out afterwards. He played well in his first 10 games of his NFL career and he looks like he's got a very bright, promising future.. If they would have won he would easily have won SuperBowl MVP.. (I think he still shoulda won SB MVP)...

Kid's gonna win a lot of games for San Fran..

I agree with your post, and I do think he was the best player in that game and will have a great career. However on SB MVP, that award is meaningless and not because it pales in comparison to the Lombardi, but because the voting criteria is nonsensical.

Basically, the winning QB gets it unless somebody has a record performance or the QB has a terrible game, like 05 Big Ben

fallforward3y+
02-16-2013, 09:50 PM

no he won't, this is not something you can figure out. You just have to play disciplined and contain it, it doesn't get stopped.

These 49er teams were both better than either Jets squad was. Both teams had great defense, but SF has a better offense. Frisco will be great for awhile.