PDA

View Full Version : Agent thinks Flacco should be highest paid QB

58_VONDOOM_92
02-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Just saw this on espn. I guess thats what happens when you get lucky and win a Super bowl.

I really do hope the ravens give him all this money cause I think it will bite them in the long run.

Chronic_Toker
02-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Of course he does, he's his agent. A bigger payday for Flacco means a bigger payday for him as well. It doesn't hurt that Flacco tied an NFL record for postseason TD's and I believe he didn't throw a single pick...oh yeah, to go along with that Lombardi trophy.

I doubt it happens but you can't fault his agent for trying.

SBboundBRONCOS
02-06-2013, 08:10 AM
no way is he worth 20+

but obviously his agent is sayin that , its his job and pay day too.

why does he deserve more than Eli?

ruksak
02-06-2013, 08:12 AM
As Chronic said....no news that an agent is vying for top dollar with any player.

Flacco...man I really like this guy, solid QB, smart, skilled etc etc....but I don't like this hyperbole. Nor do I enjoy this trend of SB winning QB's seemingly defaulting into top-dollar status after the win.

Brees, Peyton, Brady, Rodgers....these dudes earned top-dollar status through consistency over a number of years. Flacco is the Ravens franchise QB, granted. Flacco just won the SB, granted. Flacco had a tremendously consistent post-season, granted.

But I feel the $100 mil range is over the top considering his consistency over the course of a given season. This reeks of another Rob Johnson situation under the scope of a far greater financial burden.

-Rod-
02-06-2013, 08:35 AM
At least the Broncos screwed the Ravens' salary cap.

RaiderFanSD
02-06-2013, 08:42 AM
"Get lucky" lol.... guy just had one of the best playoff runs ever. Sure he isn't worth #1 QB money but he's a good QB. And he doesn't play in a dink & dunk system so his stats are going to look a little worse than the top guys.

BRONCOLT
02-06-2013, 12:01 PM
"Get lucky" lol.... guy just had one of the best playoff runs ever. Sure he isn't worth #1 QB money but he's a good QB. And he doesn't play in a dink & dunk system so his stats are going to look a little worse than the top guys.

No, Joe Hail Mary Flacc-o just throws it up for grabs and has his WR corps make him look good.

flosstein
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM
U know, as ticked off as I am. Why does he not deserve it? Call it luck, ref's helping or whatever, but he's earned $20mil more than every other QB in the NFL. He owned the 2012 post-season. He outperformed Brady, Manning, Rogers, and any other QB u want to compare his numbers with. Dude earned it, anything else is just butt-hurt hate.

58_VONDOOM_92
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
U know, as ticked off as I am. Why does he not deserve it? Call it luck, ref's helping or whatever, but he's earned $20mil more than every other QB in the NFL. He owned the 2012 post-season. He outperformed Brady, Manning, Rogers, and any other QB u want to compare his numbers with. Dude earned it, anything else is just butt-hurt hate.
And you think he is as good as a qb that you listed above? Now if we see this from him next season and stays consistant then I would agree, pay the man.

This is how alot of franchises get screwed up by over paying players that played great in glimpses but never can stay consistant like a manning, rodgers, brees etc....as a bronco fan I hope the Ravens make him the highest paid QB out there

GoManning
02-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Give him the cash. More pressure for him to perform at a high and consistent level. Guys like Reed will demand a high payday if they want to keep him.

BroncoFanBoy
02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
I think he's just trying to get Flacco more money. He's not gonna get Manning money, I guarantee you that. Most I'd pay for him for a year would be 12 mil.

He did win Super Bowl MVP, but I will not put him in the same category as QB's like Peyton, Brady, or Rodgers. I think he just got hot at a really good time.

flosstein
02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
And you think he is as good as a qb that you listed above? Now if we see this from him next season and stays consistant then I would agree, pay the man.

This is how alot of franchises get screwed up by over paying players that played great in glimpses but never can stay consistant like a manning, rodgers, brees etc....as a bronco fan I hope the Ravens make him the highest paid QB out there

How much more consistent does he have to be? 5 years, 5 post-season appearances, a winning playoff record, 1 AFC championship, 1 SB victory, etc......... People need to stop raising the bar when good players progress. Post season wise he's been a better QB than Manning if you compare them in relative years, or now if u want. He's on pace to be one of the best post-season QB's and there's no reason to think he won't continue to win and keep his team a constant contender when he's on the field.

And talking about franchises screwing themselves by overpaying, lol!!! Maybe we should look in an orange mirror! Because its Manning, it's a safe check?

Bernie24
02-06-2013, 01:40 PM

He got extremely lucky. His receivers probably bailed him out making amazing plays 10+ times over the post season. They were amazing... they deserve to get paid.

Peanut
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Of course he does, he's his agent. A bigger payday for Flacco means a bigger payday for him as well. It doesn't hurt that Flacco tied an NFL record for postseason TD's and I believe he didn't throw a single pick...oh yeah, to go along with that Lombardi trophy.

I doubt it happens but you can't fault his agent for trying.

Exactly what I was thinking, almost word for word. :D

Will it happen? I have no idea. Do I think he deserves it? No. Highest paid QB should be the best QB. I know that's not how it always works out, though.

It's funny remembering what the fans were saying about Flacco after the regular season Bronco/Raven game. Things I can't repeat here.

beastlyskronk
02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Go for it Baltimore and then I'll laugh next season when Flacco looks bad because all his WRs aren't there to bail him out anymore.

PhoenixDread
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
He's just a strong armed Rivers IMO with the perfect surrounding cast and OC. Go ahead and break the bank Baltimore.

Jim Caldwell should be the one getting paid.

HavoK471
02-06-2013, 04:33 PM
He's just a strong armed Rivers IMO with the perfect surrounding cast and OC. Go ahead and break the bank Baltimore.

Jim Caldwell should be the one getting paid.

But Rivers has a personality

Kansas Bob
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I hope Baltimore breaks the bank on Flacco and signs him for $30M per because, IMO he won't ever get back to the Super Bowl once they tear the team apart around him. Be sure all the money is guaranteed and the contract is for ten years! They even needs to have a clause in there that he has to be in the top three QB's in the NFL!

PManningTKO
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Flacco is still a tier 2 QB.

Tier 1- Brady, P Manning, Brees, Rodgers
Tier 2- Eli, Flacco, Big Ben

HavoK471
02-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Flacco is still a tier 2 QB.

Tier 1- Brady, P Manning, Brees, Rodgers
Tier 2- Eli, Flacco, Big Ben

I agree

I find it hard to rate QBs in order from 1-10, the tier system is probably the best way to do it

58_VONDOOM_92
03-01-2013, 05:01 PM
yep looking like Flacco is going to become the highest paid player in NFL history. Just wow I hope the ravens know what there doing

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9006059/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-reach-agreement-according-source

BroncoFanBoy
03-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Looks like the Ravens are that dumb after all. Flacco may have won the Super Bowl, but he's not an elite QB. There are still a lot of QB's I'd take over him, including our very own. He's worth $10 million a year MAX. The dude hasn't even passed over 4,000 yards in his career yet!!! True, they've had a run first offense, but they're paying him like he's Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

So long to some of the players like Ed Reed, who actually are great players.

BroncoFanBoy
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Baltimore still has to re-sign:

Ed Reed
Dannell Ellerbe
Paul Kruger
Cary Williams

These players were very key in the Ravens winning the Super Bowl. They could've re-signed them while giving Flacco not as much, but nope. Since the Ravens were dumb by doing this, let's sign Ellerbe.

jaytea11
03-01-2013, 06:00 PM
LOL at Baltimore. They actually did it.

58_VONDOOM_92
03-01-2013, 06:11 PM

Ed Reed
Dannell Ellerbe
Paul Kruger
Cary Williams

These players were very key in the Ravens winning the Super Bowl. They could've re-signed them while giving Flacco not as much, but nope. Since the Ravens were dumb by doing this, let's sign Ellerbe.
Yeah this is whats really making me scratch my head.

ERoyal248
03-01-2013, 06:21 PM
6/120.6 per schefter....

flosstein
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
He earned it. Gotta give it to him. Has led his team to the post season every year, came a dropped pass away from the SB last year after outplaying Brady. Outplayed Luck, Manning, Brady, and Kap this past post season. What more should a guy need to do? He earned every dime of his pay.

DenverBlood
03-01-2013, 07:04 PM
He earned it. Gotta give it to him. Has led his team to the post season every year, came a dropped pass away from the SB last year after outplaying Brady. Outplayed Luck, Manning, Brady, and Kap this past post season. What more should a guy need to do? He earned every dime of his pay.

Easy not suck big time for most of the regular season.

Sure he had a great postseason but that's his first time. Last year he almost made it from defense not his performance. And they usually make the playoffs in spite of him not because of him.

You can't make a guy the highest paid player in history over a lucky 4 game streak.

And he didn't outplay Manning. Moore and Champ let down Manning.

Top player ever needs to perform all season long for multiple years. Not just have 1 hot postseason

Captain_23
03-01-2013, 07:06 PM

Sure he had a great postseason but that's his first time. Last year he almost made it from defense not his performance. And they usually make the playoffs in spite of him not because of him.

You can't make a guy the highest paid player in history over a lucky 4 game streak.

Top player ever needs to perform all season long for multiple years. Not just have 1 hot postseason

^^^^ Amen to this

flosstein
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Regardless of how u want to nit pick it, it is what it is. He's been a great player for that team. Did he slump a bit in the reg season? Yes, but in January when it was time to step it up, he came up big last year and major this year. And he still has many more seasons to go. Call him tier 2 or whatever, but he's been doing a great job in Baltimore from day 1. He did everything to deserve his payday across his first few seasons in the league. And he improved every year. That's what u want to see. A guy getting better and kicking butt while still not even at his peak. U gotta respect that. Whether u would give him that money is a moot point, because Baltimore gave it to him. And they gave it to him because of what he has provided to that team and what they foresee him continuing to give to that team.

GoManning
03-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Poor Trent Dilfer.

He gave them a SB but they didn't give him $120mil.

ERoyal248
03-01-2013, 07:58 PM

Ed Reed
Dannell Ellerbe
Paul Kruger
Cary Williams

McKinnie as well, plus draft picks, plus RFA's Pitta/Arthur Jones.

Kruger/Williams are probably gone. IF it's backloaded, they might be able to keep Ellerbe and Reed. But this will hurt them in the future.

Flacco had a terrific postseason, one of the best of all-time but enough to be the highest paid QB in the league, not a chance jack.

flosstein
03-01-2013, 09:08 PM
McKinnie as well, plus draft picks, plus RFA's Pitta/Arthur Jones.

Kruger/Williams are probably gone. IF it's backloaded, they might be able to keep Ellerbe and Reed. But this will hurt them in the future.

Flacco had a terrific postseason, one of the best of all-time but enough to be the highest paid QB in the league, not a chance jack.

I agree, but all I'm saying is he deserved his payday. Whatever Baltimore decided to pay him, in their eyes he earned it. The particulars or the dollar amount is what it is. He earned a big payday. How big is a debatable opinion to everyone except the Ravens. So I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be the highest paid ever, just giving him his respect for earning his new paycheck regardless of dollar amount.

Peanut
03-02-2013, 12:00 AM
I hope this is a move that Baltimore regrets for years to come.

BroncoFanNC
03-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Flacco has always been a good quarterback. Since being drafted by the Ravens 18th overall in 2008 he has started every game and amassed a regular season record of 54-26, including two AFC North Division Championships. In that span, he has thrown for 102 TDs and only 56 INTs, a respectable number for any quarterback. But, it's what he's done in the postseason that's helped elevate him to elite status.

Flacco is 9-4 in the postseason, and already has the most number of road playoff wins by any quarterback in NFL history, six. His nine postseason wins equal the amount that Peyton Manning has; a quarterback considered by many to be the greatest ever, but whose overall postseason record is just 9-11. But what's even more impressive is what Flacco accomplished during this year's postseason run. In his four playoff games, including Sunday's Super Bowl victory, Flacco averaged 285 passing yards per game, and threw for 11 TDs and 0 INTs, matching Joe Montana's 11 TD 0 INT postseason performance in 1989. What's more, Flacco didn't throw a single pick in 126 pass attempts in the playoffs.

Good stats but it just doesn't feel like he's worth that much, maybe because you want to say the D is the main reason for the success of the team under Flacco. He's probably in whatever category Eli is in (Eli's last contract was 7 years $106 million).

EvertonBroncos
03-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Obscene, quite frankly. He's good, very good in fact, that good? Not for me.

PowderAddict
03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Flacco earned a lot of respect from me this season, particularly the post season. But he's nowhere near worth what they are paying, and I believe it will hamstring that team for years to come.

Freyaka
03-04-2013, 11:30 AM
No, Joe Hail Mary Flacc-o just throws it up for grabs and has his WR corps make him look good.

This exactly! Watching Flacco play QB is like watching me play Madden against CoryWinget....I can't do crap and then I have random games where I'm just throwing balls up for grabs and my WR's some how manage to come up with it...Flacco is the worst QB to ever be paid most in the league, he's the luckiest QB I've ever seen and while on paper his stats look flash he's junk and for sure not worth being paid more than any other player...

Freyaka
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM

So he earned being paid more than any other player in the NFl? He played better than every single player in the NFL outperformed them all and deserved it? Did he do this consistently year after year? Nope he didn't do any of those things he had a flash in the pan luck streak in one set of playoffs and got a undeserved payraise. If Moore does his job on one play Flacco doesn't get anywhere near this dollar amount. Is he going to send a portion to Moore as thanks (or at least a thank you card?)

Peanut
03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned here or not, but on the local news, they are saying that it's not so much getting paid for what he did, but for what he's going to do in the future.

IMO, Flacco is just too inconsistent for this much money and praise. He's losing some key players this year. Are they going to be able to replace them with the same talent?

I don't know where the money comes from to pay the players. I've never looked at that side of the game. I do know that they are raising ticket prices for next year. Connection? I don't know.

#87Birdman
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
This exactly! Watching Flacco play QB is like watching me play Madden against CoryWinget....I can't do crap and then I have random games where I'm just throwing balls up for grabs and my WR's some how manage to come up with it...Flacco is the worst QB to ever be paid most in the league, he's the luckiest QB I've ever seen and while on paper his stats look flash he's junk and for sure not worth being paid more than any other player...

Man I didn't think Flacco played THAT bad :P

Just messing with you lol. But yeah he throws those long balls up and his WR do find a way to come down with them.

Freyaka
03-04-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned here or not, but on the local news, they are saying that it's not so much getting paid for what he did, but for what he's going to do in the future.

IMO, Flacco is just too inconsistent for this much money and praise. He's losing some key players this year. Are they going to be able to replace them with the same talent?

I don't know where the money comes from to pay the players. I've never looked at that side of the game. I do know that they are raising ticket prices for next year. Connection? I don't know.

And that's the thing I don't get...what indication do they have that he'll be able to repeat this making it worth the money? He's on a team surrounded by talent that isn't getting any younger and they now can't afford to keep all the talent they have because they just paid a lot of cap money to one highly overated individual...

I mean I don't much care for the ravens so if they feel like doing that awesome but....he for sure didn't "earn" the payday and there is nothing based of current information to show he deserves to be paid like that. I guess time will tell if the ravens blundered here or not.

flosstein
03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Okay, can someone find the break down? From what I read earlier, the deal doesn't escalate into "elite" cap hit until year 4. So this deal does not hamper Baltimore in any way. Only 6.8mil against the cap this year, year 2 is 7mil, year 3, 15mil. Year 4 has a 29mil cap hit which will most definetly be restructured. So it's essentially a 3/ $52mil deal with $29mil signjng bonus. Year 4 they can get out from under it.

High, maybe to some, but Baltimore has protected its cap and gave themselves an out if things get turned upside down.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000146725/

SBboundBRONCOS
03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Okay, can someone find the break down? From what I read earlier, the deal doesn't escalate into "elite" cap hit until year 4. So this deal does not hamper Baltimore in any way. Only 6.8mil against the cap this year, year 2 is 7mil, year 3, 15mil. Year 4 has a 29mil cap hit which will most definetly be restructured. So it's essentially a 3/ $52mil deal with $29mil signjng bonus. Year 4 they can get out from under it.

High, maybe to some, but Baltimore has protected its cap and gave themselves an out if things get turned upside down.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000146725/

thats good, i wish nfl contracts were more simple.

either way this is bad for the NFL, just imagine how much rodgers is going to get 24-25 mil possiblity? nuts ...

flosstein
03-06-2013, 11:32 AM
thats good, i wish nfl contracts were more simple.

either way this is bad for the NFL, just imagine how much rodgers is going to get 24-25 mil possiblity? nuts ...

Seriously! Heck, even with some non QB's like Von. What is Von's 2nd contract going to be? He's not even close to his peak yet! He could very well crack the sack record twice in the next 2-3 seasons. We got an Abrams Tank for the price of Kia! He may easily command elite QB money on the open market.