PDA

View Full Version : Official Game day thread: Week 11 2004 Broncos vs Saints

Pages : [1] 2 3

riiiiick
11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
First time post. Be kind! I lived in Phoenix for 14 years. During that time I became a die hard fan of a skinny kid QB at ASU. In the Rose Bowl his senior year, ASU undefeated and a National Championship on the line, fourth quarter, less than 2 mins to go, fourth down at about the 7 (if memory serves). QB drops back to pass, nothing there, scrambles, breaks one tackle, another tackle, heads for the goal line, he's hit, he dives, TOUCHDOWN and the lead! Considering what was on the line, this could have been one of the all time great plays in college football. However, this play is little known because, Ohio State got the ball back, and a soft prevent defense let them move the length of the field and score to win the game as time ran out. I just wanted you to know, Bronco fans, the heart, the drive, the passion, and those unmeasurable intangibles that lie inside your QB. He plays because he loves the game (not for himself, his stats, etc) and his teamates know it. Stats do not tell the whole story. I see another Super Bowl in the Bronco's future.

JoRo
11-17-2004, 04:40 PM
I never saw that play........... i always thought of jake like that though, like i said before alot of our players this year seem more like team players, but wow....... im glad we have jake, though i was before i read this too

LiquidBlue
11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
O.K. guys I need you to rate this from 1-10, It is for my school paper, it's the Thanksgiving Edition so it's very important, your input is appreciated. The article is due at 7:00 tomorrow so I need your input A.S.A.P

Broncos Ready to Start Late Season run vs. Saints.

After Starting 5-1, Denver Has Lost Two of the Last Three Games

The Denver Broncos haven't won a playoff game since the 1998 Super Bowl, and have struggled in the second half of the last three seasons.

Coming out of its bye, however, Denver is rested and ready to make a late-season run.

The Broncos look to keep pace with San Diego in the AFC West when they try for their second straight victory in a matchup with the New Orleans Saints.

Denver avoided a three-game losing streak heading into its off week with a 31-13 rout of Houston on Nov. 7.

The defense shut down the Texans all day, Jake Plummer threw four touchdowns without any interceptions and Reuben Droughns rushed for over 100 yards for the fourth time in five games.

Denver looked more like the team that started the season 5-1. Now the Broncos hope the time off will help it pull away from the Chargers in the division.

"I do feel a lot fresher going into the second half of the season," said Droughns, who had 30 rushing yards through four weeks but is now ninth in the AFC with 678 yards.

"This bye week helped me out tremendously," said Droughns "my legs are going to be a lot fresher, and I'm going to hit those holes a lot faster."

The Broncos have gone 12-12 to close out the last three seasons, and coach Mike Shanahan is looking to improve on that.

"You've got to start peaking in November and December and playing your best football," Shanahan said. "Then, you wait and see. It changes every year."

Denver could have safety John Lynch back for this game. He broke the bone above his tailbone Oct. 31, but trainer Steve Antonopulos was optimistic the veteran would be ready for the Saints.

The Broncos will probably be without defensive end Trevor Pryce again. Originally expected back around now after back surgery, Pryce is looking at early December.

"The good news is the back is fine," Shanahan said. "It's when he pushes off that he doesn't feel good about that. Hopefully, one day, he comes in and says he feels good about pushing off, and then he's ready to go."

New Orleans is playing its fourth straight game against a team from the AFC West,and is 2-1 in those contests after defeating the Kansas City Chiefs 27-20 on Sunday.

The Saints had dropped four of five before the win, due in large part to a defense that was allowing almost 30 points per game. Against the Chiefs, they allowed 497 yards but held Kansas City nearly 10 points below its average.

That was enough for New Orleans coach Jim Haslett to be happy on Monday.

"The yardage bothers me, but it really didn't because of who they are," said Haslett, whose team ranks last in the NFL in yards and points allowed. "That yardage doesn't win games; those points win games."

The Saints have made several changes to the defensive lineup since the start of the season. A trade brought cornerback Mike McKenzie from Green Bay, and he started his fourth straight game Sunday and got his first interception.

Fakhir Brown has replaced injured Ashley Ambrose at the other cornerback position. Strongside linebacker Sedrick Hodge is back in the starting lineup after being suspended for the first four games.
Veteran Orlando Ruff, one of the team's best run defenders, has replaced rookie Courtney Watson at middle linebacker and made a game-saving interception at the Saints' 4-yard line with less than two minutes to play Sunday.

Willie Whitehead, the team's most versatile defensive lineman, played for the first time Sunday after returning from offseason knee surgery.

"We're starting to feel comfortable together," Haslett said. "We need to win games and we're going play the guys that give us the best chance to win right now."

Standings: Broncos -- 1st place (tied), AFC West. Saints -- 2nd place, NFC South.

Broncos Leaders:

Offense -- Plummer, 2,282 passing yards and 19 passing TDs; Droughns, 678 rushing yards; Rod Smith, 44 receptions and 637 receiving yards; Ashley Lelie, 5 receiving TDs.

Defense -- Reggie Hayward, 3 1/2 sacks; Champ Bailey, 2 INTs.

Saints Leaders:

Offense -- Aaron Brooks, 2,129 passing yards and 11 passing TDs; Deuce McAllister, 470 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; Joe Horn, 54 receptions, 758 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs.

Defense -- Charles Grant, 7 1/2 sacks; Ambrose, 3 INTs.

Broncos Team Rank:

Rushing Offense -- 137.8 yards per game (6th in NFL)
Passing Offense -- 248.1 ypg (8th)
Total Offense -- 385.9 ypg (5th).
Rushing Defense -- 106.1 ypg (8th)
Passing Defense -- 168.1 ypg (2nd)
Total Defense -- 274.2 ypg (3rd).

Saints Team Rank: Rushing Offense -- 93.6 yards per game (26th)
Passing Offense -- 226.0 ypg (13th)
Total Offense -- 319.6 ypg (19th).
Rushing Defense -- 149.0 ypg (32nd)
Passing Defense -- 275.0 ypg (32nd)
Total Defense -- 424.0 ypg (32nd).

I personally think I made it too long, I don't know what parts I should delete.

ReleaseTheBeast7
11-17-2004, 09:09 PM
THAT IS VERY NICE MAN!!!

If I would get my site back on track, would you mind doing some articles and helpin me out?

LiquidBlue
11-17-2004, 09:18 PM
sure, just so long as I get credit somewhere. I still think my article is too long and I don't know where to cut some off

LiquidBlue
11-17-2004, 09:26 PM
found out what the problem was...I copied & pasted the Broncos story 3 times lol :laugh:

ReleaseTheBeast7
11-17-2004, 09:31 PM
sure, just so long as I get credit somewhere. I still think my article is too long and I don't know where to cut some off

I could make a section called like "The weekly home dogg" or something similar. And then you can write 2 or 3 articles a week?

LiquidBlue
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
sure, I'll mostly do MLB free agents, Injury reports, and Nuggets and Broncos previews & postviews

Or i'll try to whip one up of whatever you want me to write about. Give me the assignments through PM or AIM. I've got to get to sleep.

JRWIZ
11-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Only one comment, this part needs some work.
"The Broncos have gone 12-12 to close out the last three seasons, and coach Mike Shanahan is looking to reverse that trend."

How does one reverse 12-12? Maybe you should say "improve on its 12-12 record over the last 3 seasons"

Other than that it seemed to be on point!

LiquidBlue
11-18-2004, 05:59 AM
I see your point lol

OrangeShadow
11-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Great job man

LiquidBlue
11-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Thanks, I'm glad I got on to see if anyone posted anything, otherwise I would have turned in that article and it sounded kinda fishy. lol, well speaking of school, I need to get there, see ya!

riiiiick
11-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Thanks Mofo for the response. It is refreshing in modern day sports to see an athelete giving all he's got for the team. The Broncos seem to have a number of those guys.

communist
11-18-2004, 07:24 AM
I saw that play on TV in 1997, first time I had ever seen Jake play... amazing play, and I really felt sorry for him after David Boston hit the endzone and gave the Buckeyes the win. I felt really bad for Jake after seeing his face once the game was over... he had the look as if he had not done enough to get the Win

NJBRONCOSFAN
11-18-2004, 07:39 AM
I remember watching that game as well...that was the second time I had seen Plummer play.
I remember earlier that season, staying up late here (on the east coast) and watching ASU pull out a HUGE upset against Nebraska, I think they won 19-0, but i really don't know...actually, that doesn't sound right. That was a #1 ranked Nebraska team, possibly the upset of the season.

West
11-18-2004, 08:23 AM
i wish my high school had a newspaper :( i guess a goofy ass morning show is alright LOL

dr0p
11-18-2004, 08:38 AM
I see your point lol

Nice.......... Can I expect this weekly? lol

Eldritch
11-18-2004, 11:20 AM
19-0 is right, total domination and Nebraska hasn't been the same since.

That year was amazing, and Jake was a big part of it. I remember the game with the Snake Pass, I think it was an away game at UCLA. He hands off to either a RB or reversing WR who runs to the right. He keeps going left and the player passes back to him! He catches it, scrambles and breaks tackles and gets into the endzone. That was the deal maker for that game.

Jake will never be perfect, as much as many of us would like him to be. But, there is no doubt he is a LEADER and always wants to win. I think he's in the perfect place and it is my hope he leads the Broncos back to the promised land.

LiquidBlue
11-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Maybe, it all depends on if I have the time

plummer4presdnt
11-18-2004, 07:09 PM
O.K. guys I need you to rate this from 1-10, It is for my school paper, it's the Thanksgiving Edition so it's very important, your input is appreciated. The article is due at 7:00 tomorrow so I need your input A.S.A.P

Broncos Ready to Start Late Season run vs. Saints.

After Starting 5-1, Denver Has Lost Two of the Last Three Games

The Denver Broncos haven't won a playoff game since the 1998 Super Bowl, and have struggled in the second half of the last three seasons.

Coming out of its bye, however, Denver is rested and ready to make a late-season run.

The Broncos look to keep pace with San Diego in the AFC West when they try for their second straight victory in a matchup with the New Orleans Saints.

Denver avoided a three-game losing streak heading into its off week with a 31-13 rout of Houston on Nov. 7.

The defense shut down the Texans all day, Jake Plummer threw four touchdowns without any interceptions and Reuben Droughns rushed for over 100 yards for the fourth time in five games.

Denver looked more like the team that started the season 5-1. Now the Broncos hope the time off will help it pull away from the Chargers in the division.

"I do feel a lot fresher going into the second half of the season," said Droughns, who had 30 rushing yards through four weeks but is now ninth in the AFC with 678 yards.

"This bye week helped me out tremendously," said Droughns "my legs are going to be a lot fresher, and I'm going to hit those holes a lot faster."

The Broncos have gone 12-12 to close out the last three seasons, and coach Mike Shanahan is looking to improve on that.

"You've got to start peaking in November and December and playing your best football," Shanahan said. "Then, you wait and see. It changes every year."

Denver could have safety John Lynch back for this game. He broke the bone above his tailbone Oct. 31, but trainer Steve Antonopulos was optimistic the veteran would be ready for the Saints.

The Broncos will probably be without defensive end Trevor Pryce again. Originally expected back around now after back surgery, Pryce is looking at early December.

"The good news is the back is fine," Shanahan said. "It's when he pushes off that he doesn't feel good about that. Hopefully, one day, he comes in and says he feels good about pushing off, and then he's ready to go."

New Orleans is playing its fourth straight game against a team from the AFC West,and is 2-1 in those contests after defeating the Kansas City Chiefs 27-20 on Sunday.

The Saints had dropped four of five before the win, due in large part to a defense that was allowing almost 30 points per game. Against the Chiefs, they allowed 497 yards but held Kansas City nearly 10 points below its average.

That was enough for New Orleans coach Jim Haslett to be happy on Monday.

"The yardage bothers me, but it really didn't because of who they are," said Haslett, whose team ranks last in the NFL in yards and points allowed. "That yardage doesn't win games; those points win games."

The Saints have made several changes to the defensive lineup since the start of the season. A trade brought cornerback Mike McKenzie from Green Bay, and he started his fourth straight game Sunday and got his first interception.

Fakhir Brown has replaced injured Ashley Ambrose at the other cornerback position. Strongside linebacker Sedrick Hodge is back in the starting lineup after being suspended for the first four games.
Veteran Orlando Ruff, one of the team's best run defenders, has replaced rookie Courtney Watson at middle linebacker and made a game-saving interception at the Saints' 4-yard line with less than two minutes to play Sunday.

Willie Whitehead, the team's most versatile defensive lineman, played for the first time Sunday after returning from offseason knee surgery.

"We're starting to feel comfortable together," Haslett said. "We need to win games and we're going play the guys that give us the best chance to win right now."

Standings: Broncos -- 1st place (tied), AFC West. Saints -- 2nd place, NFC South.

Broncos Leaders:

Offense -- Plummer, 2,282 passing yards and 19 passing TDs; Droughns, 678 rushing yards; Rod Smith, 44 receptions and 637 receiving yards; Ashley Lelie, 5 receiving TDs.

Defense -- Reggie Hayward, 3 1/2 sacks; Champ Bailey, 2 INTs.

Saints Leaders:

Offense -- Aaron Brooks, 2,129 passing yards and 11 passing TDs; Deuce McAllister, 470 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; Joe Horn, 54 receptions, 758 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs.

Defense -- Charles Grant, 7 1/2 sacks; Ambrose, 3 INTs.

Broncos Team Rank:

Rushing Offense -- 137.8 yards per game (6th in NFL)
Passing Offense -- 248.1 ypg (8th)
Total Offense -- 385.9 ypg (5th).
Rushing Defense -- 106.1 ypg (8th)
Passing Defense -- 168.1 ypg (2nd)
Total Defense -- 274.2 ypg (3rd).

Saints Team Rank: Rushing Offense -- 93.6 yards per game (26th)
Passing Offense -- 226.0 ypg (13th)
Total Offense -- 319.6 ypg (19th).
Rushing Defense -- 149.0 ypg (32nd)
Passing Defense -- 275.0 ypg (32nd)
Total Defense -- 424.0 ypg (32nd).

I personally think I made it too long, I don't know what parts I should delete.

It might be a lil' lengthy but the stats are great on the upcomin match.

Gotta give it a 9.

scourge
11-18-2004, 11:17 PM
CBS - CBS SportsLine - AOL

Home | News | Scores | Stats | Schedules | Standings | Teams | Players | Rosters | Depth Charts

Preview

Denver at New Orleans
NFL.com wire reports

Matchup Breakdown | Game Notes

NEW ORLEANS (Nov. 17, 2004) -- The Denver Broncos haven't won a playoff game since Super Bowl XXXIII, and have struggled in the second half of the past three seasons.

The Broncos will look to keep pace with San Diego in the AFC West when they try for their second successive victory in a matchup with the New Orleans Saints.

Denver looked more like the team that started the season 5-1. Now the Broncos hope the time off will help them pull away from the Chargers in the division.

"This bye week helped me out tremendously. My legs are going to be a lot stronger and a lot fresher, and I'm going to hit those holes a lot faster."

The Broncos have gone 12-12 to close out the past three seasons, and coach Mike Shanahan is looking to reverse that trend.

The Broncos probably will be without defensive end Trevor Pryce again. Originally expected back around now after back surgery, Pryce is looking at early December.

"The good news is: The back is fine," Shanahan said. "It's when he pushes off that he doesn't feel good about that. Hopefully, one day, he comes in and says he feels good about pushing off, and then he's ready to go."

Jake Plummer will try to pick up where he left off before the Broncos bye week.

New Orleans is playing its fourth consecutive game against a team from the AFC West, and is 2-1 in those contests after defeating the Kansas City Chiefs 27-20 on Nov. 14.

The Saints had dropped four of five before the victory, due in large part to a defense that was allowing almost 30 points per game. Against the Chiefs, they allowed 497 yards but held Kansas City nearly 10 points below its average.

That was enough for New Orleans coach Jim Haslett to be happy Nov. 15.

The Saints have made several changes to the defensive lineup since the start of the season. A trade brought cornerback Mike McKenzie from Green Bay; he started his fourth consecutive game Nov. 14 and got his first interception.

Veteran Orlando Ruff, one of the team's best run defenders, has replaced rookie Courtney Watson at middle linebacker and made a game-saving interception at the Saints' 4-yard line with less than two minutes to play against the Chiefs.

Willie Whitehead, the team's most versatile defensive lineman, played for the first time Nov. 14 after returning from offseason knee surgery.

STANDINGS: Broncos -- 1st place (tied), AFC West. Saints -- 2nd place, NFC South.

BRONCOS LEADERS: Offense -- Plummer, 2,282 passing yards and 19 passing TDs; Droughns, 678 rushing yards; Quentin Griffin, 2 rushing TDs; Rod Smith, 44 receptions and 637 receiving yards; Ashley Lelie, 5 receiving TDs. Defense -- Reggie Hayward, 3 sacks; Champ Bailey, 2 INTs.

SAINTS LEADERS: Offense -- Aaron Brooks, 2,129 passing yards and 11 passing TDs; Deuce McAllister, 470 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; Joe Horn, 54 receptions, 758 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs. Defense -- Charles Grant, 7 sacks; Ambrose, 3 INTs.

BRONCOS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 137.8 yards per game (6th in NFL); Passing Offense -- 248.1 ypg (8th); Total Offense -- 385.9 ypg (5th). Rushing Defense -- 106.1 ypg (8th); Passing Defense -- 168.1 ypg (2nd); Total Defense -- 274.2 ypg (3rd).

SAINTS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 93.6 yards per game (26th); Passing Offense -- 226.0 ypg (13th); Total Offense -- 319.6 ypg (19th). Rushing Defense -- 149.0 ypg (32nd); Passing Defense -- 275.0 ypg (32nd); Total Defense -- 424.0 ypg (32nd).

LAST MEETING: Dec. 3, 2000; Broncos, 38-23. At New Orleans, Mike Anderson rushed for an NFL rookie-record 251 yards and scored four TDs to lead the Broncos to their fifth straight win.

STREAKS AND NOTES: Broncos -- Denver is 30-2 under Shanahan when scoring more than 30 points. ... Darius Watts leads all AFC rookie WRs with 22 receptions. ... The Broncos are allowing the fewest first downs in the NFL at 14.3 per game. Saints -- Haslett is looking to join Jim Mora as the only New Orleans coaches with 40 victories. ... Brooks needs 11 completions and 38 passing yards to pass Bobby Hebert for second place in club history in those categories. ... WR Jerome Pathon is averaging a career-best 17.9 yards per catch.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Broncos -- 2-2 on the road; Saints -- 2-3 at home.
STANDINGS

Team Standing W L T PCT Home Road
Denver 2nd AFC West 6 3 0 .667 4-1 2-2
New Orleans 2nd NFC South 4 5 0 .444 2-3 2-2

INJURIES
OUT DT Luther Elliss (Calf)
DE Trevor Pryce (Back)

QUESTIONABLE FS John Lynch (Back)

INJURIES
DOUBTFUL OLB Derrick Rodgers (Back)

QUESTIONABLE TE Ernie Conwell (Shoulder)
SS Steve Gleason (Hamstring)
WR Joe Horn (Knee)
CB Mike McKenzie (Knee)

PROBABLE RB Deuce McAllister (Flu)

Help Account Info

2004, NFL Enterprises, L.P. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.
The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated.
NFL footage NFL Productions LLC.

Fat Joe
11-19-2004, 12:24 AM
No joe horn will make life miserable for the saints on sunday. I mean, horrificly miserable.

cuuda
11-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Plagiarism?????

theMileHighGuy
11-19-2004, 01:20 PM
heh, looks like it...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20041121_DEN@NO :rolleyes:

riiiiick
11-19-2004, 02:25 PM
I am new here but I do not understand all the bashing of Plummer because of his mistakes. It seems many on here are very short sighted, or maybe just such perfectionists, they can't abide any imperfection. The true measure of a good/great QB is his leadership, inspiration, and winning percentage. John Elway is a god on here and rightly so, however, the great John Elway had an average of over 14 pics a year and a career QB rating of 79.9. I assume these bashers would have been calling for his head also. Big win this week in NO!

Q-niverse
11-19-2004, 05:30 PM
I am new here but I do not understand all the bashing of Plummer because of his mistakes. It seems many on here are very short sighted, or maybe just such perfectionists, they can't abide any imperfection. The true measure of a good/great QB is his leadership, inspiration, and winning percentage. John Elway is a god on here and rightly so, however, the great John Elway had an average of over 14 pics a year and a career QB rating of 79.9. I assume these bashers would have been calling for his head also. Big win this week in NO!

They did call for his head. You have to realize how spoiled Broncos fans are. I mean...how many teams in the NFL only WISHED they were playoff contenders this year (*Cough* chiefs and raiders!!!)

All the Plummer bashers just don't remember Elways days. Heck, half of them never saw Elway play except on a highlight video and that is why they don't remember John's faults.

One thing he and Jake have in common though...they insipre the team to fight to the end and they find ways to win.

JoRo
11-19-2004, 08:44 PM
I dont think i have ever complained about jake, the most ive ever said is we shouldnt try an make him win a game like we tried to against atlanta, but i still love jake, when we have at least decent support for him he thrives

DABronco
11-20-2004, 11:25 AM
^ Please! I don't think so!

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
11-20-2004, 01:59 PM
you stole the article
your preview sucks

PAINTERDAVE
11-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Welome Riiiick!

The thing with Jake, as he admits, is he has got to let go of the split second emotion (ie. caused by a broken play on 3rd down) that drives him to try to win all by himself. He is working on getting a handle on that EMOTIONAL REACTION and turning the situation into a RATIONAL RESPONSE. No one feels the pain of a bonehead INT more than Jake. He is getting it, but it takes time to learn to calmly think instead of wildly react in those situations.

Incidentaly, some of those picks were tipped, etc, and not Jakes fault.

GO BRONCOS!

DBattack
11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
hahahahahhaha

DABronco
11-21-2004, 08:26 AM
Today's the day, and since the Saints has the worst Passing Defense in the NFL, I expect Jake the Snake to get over 300 yards and another 4 TDs!

I could be dreaming, but still it would be cool!

ReleaseTheBeast7
11-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Lmfao What A Loser!

Lynch Bailey247
11-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Gametime go broncos

bronco30
11-21-2004, 10:58 AM
we need a fast start score right away n get some turnovers would help....

Lynch Bailey247
11-21-2004, 11:01 AM
time with the ball will be the key today....

Forever_Elway
11-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Aaron! there's an open reciever behind you! better ditch it to him! :heh:

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:03 AM
time with the ball will be the key today....

yes it will 80 yd drives n need td's in red zone.....need stop there run game

Lynch Bailey247
denver will be looking for that lmao

KeystoneBronco
Go Broncos!!!!

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:04 AM
nice start good tackle champ

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:04 AM
hold um now boys....

antd700
11-21-2004, 11:05 AM
ne1 just see eddie drummond takes the oppening kickoff to the house for 7? awesome, the dome is silent now

bronco30
there we go punt time...need big return

#1 Griffin Fan
yeeeeees 3 and out, we're gona get good field position

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:06 AM
lets go offense get a td boys come on

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:06 AM
nice return by rod

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:07 AM
omg!!!!!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeees

Firstwave64
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Touchdown lololoo run td EAT IT N.O SAINT

51 YARD TOUCHDOWN RUN

bronco30
yessssssss ruben wooohooooooo

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:08 AM
droughns is da maaaaaaan

KeystoneBronco
Great way to start a game! *Pulls out his chips and long island ice tea mix*

bronco30
so much for the long td drive.....ok def hold um again now...

DABronco
11-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Not what I had in mind, but still it's great to take the lead!

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:11 AM
maaaaaaaaaan reuben is sickkkkkkkkkkkk, he's gonna kill it

bronco30
keep champ on horn all times damnnn

Interpol
Weren't there people here who were saying that RD wasn't a long run threat?

I guess he showed all of you.

Den21-Bal19
so much for the long td drive.....ok def hold um again now...

What do ya mean? 51 yards not long enough for you? Damned inconsiderate of Rube to do it in one play! ;)

Shut 'em down D!

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:12 AM
hold here on 3rd

EMCF
11-21-2004, 11:12 AM
How many yards will droughns finish with I wonder? My fantasy team would appreciate 200 yards and a couple TDs. :cheers:

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:14 AM
yes gr8 job def....big return now rod

#1 Griffin Fan
yeeees thats the way baby, nice job D!11

DABronco
Got 'em! Nice job, D!

Broncosfan713
How many yards will droughns finish with I wonder? My fantasy team would appreciate 200 yards and a couple TDs. :cheers:

Hell yeah! Especially because I have Deuce on mine too.

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:15 AM
ok 81 yd drive b nice to see here boys....pound um

KeystoneBronco
11-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Just a side note. I know Rod Smith does this a lot, and he's good at punt returning, but does anyone else get a little nervous every time someone punts to him? I don't mean that he'd drop it or anything, i'm worried he's gonna get hurt..

He's our main passing threat on our O line, and it would suck to lose him on a punt return....

Maybe thats just me though :rolleyes:

EMCF
11-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Rod is returning punts....

I'm feeling uneasy.

Gerardi
i didnt expect to get any help from the saints. although the game is nowhere near over, i dont see the saints overcoming this. :speech:

DABronco
Yes! Nice shot, Jake! Nice catch, Lelie!

#1 Griffin Fan
nice run RD!

bronco30
nice throw jake yess

Elway
11-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Well our D has gotten off to a good start 2 3-outs.. gotta love that.

Firstwave64
Oh Ya Baby Touchdown

#1 Griffin Fan
yeeeeeeeees lelie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeystoneBronco
good lord this is gonna get funny i think...nice TD lelie!

DABronco
Touchdown!!!! Great Job Jake And Lelie!!!

bronco30
ill take it yesssss....lepsis got away w/ holding though

EMCF
Whoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

MileHighSpirit
yeeeeeeeees lelie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a dream come true :rockon:

Broncosfan713
11-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Reuben's gonna have 100 yards before the first quarter is half way over!

Gerardi
good god the saints have REGRESSED from their game against the chargers :(

Den21-Bal19
Who gives a damn about Time of Possesion? By the sounds of it you could march a band through the Saints D!

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:20 AM
lets go no big return n def get an int plzzzzz....

#1 Griffin Fan
hahaha yaaaaaaaaaa this is great!

Broncosfan713
Man my fantasy team's looking good. I have Lelie, Plummer, and Droughns on my team.

DABronco
11-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah! I don't care about time of possesion! We're great at scoring!

Once again, this could be Jake's big day if he keeps it up!!!

MileHighSpirit
I bet we score 50. Any takers? :smug:

Gerardi
Man my fantasy team's looking good. I have Lelie, Plummer, and Droughns on my team.

i got droughns and LT starting today... :)

OrangeShadow
the rout is on

*knocks on wood*

Lynch Bailey247
wooo baby!!! we came to play today.... i hope n.o. saints lieks this

DABronco
And Lelie, too!

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:22 AM
gr8 play AW yesss

MileHighSpirit
OMG look at Detroit with Eddie Drummond... he returned another Kick for TD. He is definitely this year's Dante Hall

bcole23
Yeeeeeehaaaa!!!!

Gerardi
11-21-2004, 11:23 AM
hmm, either the saints really SUCK, or the broncos are really good. :huh:

or maybe both?? :P

antd700
think about this, droughns already has 62 yrds after 6 mins in the 1st quarter and we are already up by 4, wat time do we start running down the clock wit runs, i think droughns could easily have over 200 yards today maybe even beat MA's record of 251

#1 Griffin Fan
i think first quarter will end 21-0 :duh:

EMCF
We have been up 14 - 0 before, remember the falcons game? Hopefully we continue to run all over them though.

Gerardi
11-21-2004, 11:24 AM
We have been up 14 - 0 before, remember the falcons game? Hopefully we continue to run all over them though.

eh, the saints are not the falcons

bcole23
How many yds/tds on our 5th play..... I think 14

DABronco
OH!!! So close, Wilson!

bronco30
almost an INT damn....hold here on 3rd boyssss

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:25 AM
cmon 3 and out pls.

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:25 AM
yeeeeeeees woohooooooooo

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:26 AM
ok offense put another drive together boys....

EMCF

My god, a coherent Chargers fan? Go teach your brothers in the smack forum the art of the english language. Seriously though, nice to see a Chargers fan who isn't screaming "DONKOS!!!!".

bcole23
Must... keep... killer... instinct... whole damn GAME!

OrangeShadow

i was thinkin that but then again the falcons were running all over us early the saints arent

DABronco
11-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Come on Jake!!! Come on, Ruben!!! Come on, Lelie!!! Come on, Rod!!!

Gerardi
11-21-2004, 11:27 AM
don't get too excited. the aints are capable of coming back because they are SOO inconsistant. but i doubt they do.

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:28 AM
a 3rd TD wouldnt hurt :beer:

AsianOrange
11-21-2004, 11:29 AM
don't get too excited. the aints are capable of coming back because they are SOO inconsistant. but i doubt they do.

Who are the aints?

DABronco

Do me a favor... go away! I can cheer whenever I want!

bcole23
Why are we using Rod as the punt returner again?

daBIGDog
Just got on line and Denver is looking GREAT!!!!

AsianOrange
Rube is making this look EASY!

Gerardi
Who are the aints?

i love the sig! :D

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:30 AM
another big drive boys come on bury um

Firstwave64
Hey N.o Saint What Happend To That Great Run Defense Lol

KeystoneBronco
griffin is out...no real choices unfortunately

MileHighSpirit
Why are we using Rod as the punt returner again?

Because we don't have room on the active roster for Triandos Luke.

#1 Griffin Fan
man droughns is killin itttttttttt

AsianOrange
11-21-2004, 11:31 AM
i love the sig! :D

Thanks! The saints sucks.

bcole23
I said 5th offensive play would be 14 yds, ended up as 19.. not too shabby.

MileHighSpirit
This is sooooo awesome!!!!! :D

Gerardi
the rushing record is in jepordy

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:32 AM
oh hell 1st bad play.....

EMCF
Thanks! The saints sucks.

Congratulations, you have been chosen for the understatment of the year award!

Next award, how long can the broncos go without seeing a third down?

MileHighSpirit
AHHHHHHHHHHHH Negative yardage! we are doomed..... hehe :cheers:

OCbronco24
11-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Man I'm not getting the game out here. Are the broncos looking like the AFC West champs?

Gerardi
watch them take out droughns :cheeky:

daBIGDog
Listing to the game on KOA and the aint fans are cheering a ONLY 4 yd run by Rube!! This could end up like the faider game!!

bronco30
lets go elam make it

AsianOrange
Wow....they stopped us....Are we in FG range?

Gerardi
Man I'm not getting the game out here. Are the broncos looking like the AFC West champs?

thats hard to say because the chargers laid the smack on the aints the same way :)

daBIGDog
watch them take out droughns :cheeky:

That aint (no pun intended) funny

MileHighSpirit
11-21-2004, 11:34 AM
OK long kick for Elam

Common baby! Daddy needs a 17 point lead!

EMCF
Oh well. A FG is better than nothing.

AsianOrange
Elam is automatic...he makes it in his sleep.

bronco30
yesss keep it goin now...no big return

bcole23
OH MY GOD! We didn't ge the first down. We should get rid of Jake, Rueben, Smith, Shanahan, Bowlen, EVERYONE! OUr season is over! (jk of course)

Gerardi
11-21-2004, 11:35 AM
That aint (no pun intended) funny

its bad for me bcuz hes on my fantasy team. if the score is 30-0 shannahan might put in bell :(

daBIGDog
11-21-2004, 11:35 AM
why is KOA so far behind?? 2 or 3 plays

AsianOrange
11-21-2004, 11:36 AM
OH MY GOD! We didn't ge the first down. We should get rid of Jake, Rueben, Smith, Shanahan, Bowlen, EVERYONE! OUr season is over! (jk of course)

That might be the lamest joke of the day.

Firstwave64
Hahahh Fumble

daBIGDog
its bad for me bcuz hes on my fantasy team. if the score is 30-0 shannahan might put in bell :(

Thought u was talking bout the aints taken him out...or at least trying....my bad. I got him on 2 of my teams to and lovin it.

Gerardi
this is a joke, right?

AsianOrange
OUR BALL!

It's going to be a blow out in the making.

bronco30
yes we get a turnover holy molyyyy it must b our dayyyy

KeystoneBronco
11-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Omg Fumble!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaa

DABronco
Fumble!!! We Have Another Chance!!!

bcole23
Just poking fun at bandwagoners and fair weather fans. hehe

EMCF
Fumble!!!!!!

AsianOrange
These aints are terrible.

MileHighSpirit
Fumble!!! We Have Another Chance!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!! :D

OCbronco24
Is Lynch playing?

antd700
Fumble!!!!!

#1 Griffin Fan
hhahahhahaha yeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!

bronco30
get a TD boys no fg

AsianOrange
11-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Who said Jake can't thread the needle?

KeystoneBronco
yes, lynch is playing..looked good in last couple practices

#1 Griffin Fan
i smell a RD touchdown

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Is Lynch playing?

yesss i saw on 1st series

bronco30
convert this come on

MileHighSpirit
Common 100 yds in the first quarter would be great!

bcole23
11-21-2004, 11:40 AM
I hate not being able to watch the game. How is Plummer looking?

AsianOrange
i smell a RD touchdown

it must have been your laundry.

EMCF
Crap! Oh well, another FG will do.

Gerardi
your radio announcers are boring as hell :huh:

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:41 AM
damn it needed a TD.....keep it rollin def 3 n out boyss

EMCF

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041121_DEN@NO.shtml

#1 Griffin Fan
oh well, 20-0 first quarter is good.

OrangeShadow
yeah im just stickin to nfl gamecenter

GO ELAM

KeystoneBronco
So RD was in vegas at a victoria secrets party eh? ok, now i'm jealous...

Lynch Bailey247
11-21-2004, 11:42 AM
dominatin these foos :beer:

bronco30

turn it off then

Gerardi
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20041121_DEN@NO.shtml

i got that on and the radio.

daBIGDog
Rube got 94 in the 1st this is FUNNY!!

DABronco
Come on! What's up with our receivers now! Throw it to Lelie!!! Where's Rod Smith anyway?!

thestrain
11-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Man, pitty RD cant break those long runs hey :duh:

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
hold um here on 3rd boyss

AsianOrange
I'm so glad a Charger fan is taking time out listening to Bronco football :)

bcole23
I predict a int by Champ today in the 3rd quarter.

bronco30
damn it blitz didnt get there.....

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:45 AM
i think that was herndon gettin beat by stallworth? :duh:

Gerardi
I'm so glad a Charger fan is taking time out listening to Bronco football :)

i would prefer to watch but its not on TV :ugh:

EMCF
damn it blitz didnt get there.....

Big blitzes are getting so risky, I like just a LB or two coming off the edge. NEVER EVER BLITZ CBS.

OrangeShadow
yeah we got the baltimore game and uh the browns game

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:46 AM
i think that was herndon gettin beat by stallworth? :duh:

it was walls

AsianOrange
11-21-2004, 11:47 AM
it was walls

Will your game be televised?

bronco30
come on def hold um now boysss

AsianOrange

Shave da beard....ugh!

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:48 AM

yah i got on tv

AsianOrange
Shave da beard....ugh!

I'm calling it now.....Interception.....let's say DJ Williams....somewhere on this Saints series....

daBIGDog
i would prefer to watch but its not on TV :ugh:

Slowly coming over to the good side Gerardi.....no really you showing class on boththis board and the smack board bro.

EMCF
11-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Groan, c'mon D, hold em!

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:51 AM
come def tackle him geezz

bcole23
Without being able to actually see the game, it would seem that the defense is looking for a big play or something, cuz they're letting them back into this one. Good timeout.

OrangeShadow
need a pick or fumble

#1 Griffin Fan
gotta stop giving up big plays....

DABronco
11-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Dang!!! Come on D!!! If they score a touchdown, it's poor defense written all over it! You guys are better than that!

OCbronco24
11-21-2004, 11:52 AM
God, they lulled themselves to sleep

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:53 AM
gotta stop giving up big plays....

last 4 weeks we've given alot of 20 yd + plays....

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:54 AM
come on def hold um now

bcole23
11-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Seems that we're getting to Brookes. That bodes well for us.

#1 Griffin Fan
phew, big break.

AsianOrange
God, they lulled themselves to sleep

NICE NICE STOP!

EMCF
Whoo! Will they risk it now?

#1 Griffin Fan
that timeout payed off well.

AsianOrange
11-21-2004, 11:56 AM
last 4 weeks we've given alot of 20 yd + plays....

Why do you have to bring up old news!?!

bcole23
Right on D! Held 'em to 3.

OrangeShadow
great stop..should give is momentum

AsianOrange
I bet #1 Griffin Fan will be wating that stupid American Idol Christmas special.

bronco30
good job def only 3 points....off. come on need another TD...

OCbronco24
11-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Time to close the game out with a TD right here

#1 Griffin Fan
11-21-2004, 11:58 AM
just run the ball with reuben and the W is ours.

bcole23
11-21-2004, 11:58 AM
BTW, this is my first game posting. I just want to say thank you all for these threads throughout the season. You guys rock. I don't want to be seen as a troll, bad poster, etc. I'm from Idaho and work at a National Laboratory every weekend. (going to school during the week)

So hello everyone!

bronco30
11-21-2004, 11:59 AM
big drive off. come on boys

Elway
Great start for being on the road... but no time to let up on the pressure... put up more points and lets make sure this is settled quick.

Hectic
Great Game so far!!!! 20-3. Someone who lives in denver come talk about it on efnet #broncos.
Please? I'm tryin to give the Broncs an IRC presence!!!

Alot of others do, even the pitiful bears!

EMCF
Whoo! Will they risk it now?

Guess not.

bcole23
J. Carney? The Saints get their players at the fair?

bronco30
11-21-2004, 12:00 PM
holding on hamilton....he gets 1 every game geezzz

AsianOrange
11-21-2004, 12:00 PM
BTW, this is my first game posting. I just want to say thank you all for these threads throughout the season. You guys rock. I don't want to be seen as a troll, bad poster, etc. I'm from Idaho and work at a National Laboratory every weekend. (going to school during the week)

So hello everyone!

Welcome aboard! Any good thoughts are good opinions....

Don't praise anybody that is not playing.

Elway
11-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Lets hope that was his only one and he doesn't add to his total.

OCbronco24
Give it to Rueben. Break the single game rushing record.

EMCF
So hello everyone!

Welcome, by the way, I can't see your sig.

OrangeShadow
100 yards baby

EMCF
11-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Droughns now has 100 yards on 9 carries.

EMCF
11-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Wow, they finally stopped us.

bcole23
11-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Welcome, by the way, I can't see your sig.

Yeah, my old hosting place died. I'll go fix it..

Hmm, do we go for it? nahhhh.

bronco30
a yard short damn ittt...come om defense lets go

AsianOrange
Man, I just changed the channel for the Jets/Browns game and those orange jerseys are BRIGHT!

EMCF
11-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Man, I just changed the channel for the Jets/Browns game and those orange jerseys are BRIGHT!

The nightmare game: Bengals vs Browns in their alternates. The horror.

Elway
Jake at a 100
Rueben at a 100

Not bad going, shame we had to punt.

Another chance for the D to make a big play.

bronco30
no big plays def lets go now 3 n out

The Champ
11-21-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm still waiting for a big play on defense....a TO.

daBIGDog
11-21-2004, 12:05 PM
we need to start converting 3rd down 0-3 not looking to good even thou we winning.

bcole23
11-21-2004, 12:06 PM
One of my families favorite pastimes is calling the plays. My wife and are normally over 50% for bronco plays. I say the next play is a pass to McAllister in the flat..

(and I still hold that Champ will get an int in the 3rd)

thestrain
Hope Jake keeps feeding the ball to different recievers instead of working Rod like a dog this game :heh:

bronco30
hold um on 3rd now lets gooo

Gerardi
:ugh: baaaad

Firstwave64
11-21-2004, 12:07 PM
hahahahahahahhahah TOUCHDOWN GREAT PASS THERE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH THAT WAS FUNNY AS HELL

Gerardi
so now the question is this?

raiders lost to the aints AT HOME, so are the raiders worse than the aints?

Elway
yeah poor rod one for 13 yds

bronco30
nice throw brooks lmao.....yes AW wooohooo

AsianOrange
AWESOME! Man, that was intentional grouding!

bcole23
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#1 Griffin Fan
yeeeeeeeees al wilson baby!!!!!!!!!!

OrangeShadow
11-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Al Wilson Owns Brooks!!!!!!