PDA

View Full Version : Troy Aikman on Tony Romo:

broncoFan!
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Troy Aikman: "Fans donít realize how good Tony Romo is"

Interesting. I always thought that Romo could succeed given the right coach and as long as the majority of the burden is not on his shoulders.

Discuss. What are your thoughts??

Captain_23
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
I think he gets far too much of the blame if you ask me. He's just as good or better than all other Qbs not named, Rodgers, Brady, Ryan, P. Manning, Big Ben, and Flacco (it just hurts me to say his name), just to name some QBs off the top of the dome. Those are top tier PROVEN QBs. IMO Romo is probably the best, or one of the best second tier QBs. That o-line been garbage since he became the starter, and they have tired free gents and have tired to draft but guys just didn't pan out because Jerry Jones needs to realize he isn't a talent evaluator and he bought his three super bowls before the salary cap era began.

His top skill players are either always on IR, or in trouble (dez).. The dude literally just hasn't had much help. Give Romo a WR corps like Green Bays or Atlanta's, an oline like ours, or the Ravens, and running backs like san fran, and Romo would be winning playoff games and possibly at least 1 superbowl by now. The guy hasn't had much help, and that's the truth.

BTW I hate the Cowboys, so im not being bias.

broncoFan!
02-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Yah, Cowboys fans should look at it this way... they could have Kyle Orton as their starter. :laugh:

HUMCALC
02-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Romo is a choke artist, he loses big games year in and year out

PManningTKO
02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Romo is all talent, but comes up real small in the postseason. He's been in the league how long? 8 years now? 1 playoff win? Cmon now.

Freyaka
02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Romo is all talent, but comes up real small in the postseason. He's been in the league how long? 8 years now? 1 playoff win? Cmon now.

Not to play devils advocate (expecially since I can't stand Romo) But what did Mannings record look like prior to finally getting a ring? Just sayin... The Cowboys are a joke and I can't stand Romo but he isn't their biggest problem...you want someone to blame blame Jones.

broncoFan!
02-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Not to play devils advocate (expecially since I can't stand Romo) But what did Mannings record look like prior to finally getting a ring? Just sayin... The Cowboys are a joke and I can't stand Romo but he isn't their biggest problem...you want someone to blame blame Jones.

Gotta agree with you on this one Frey. The main blame lies right at Jerry Jone's own hand. :nod:

HUMCALC
02-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Tony Romo has had alot of weapons on his teams over the years, and he still can't/couldn't get it down. How many QBs have won with less talent on their teams? Great ones do and have

DoomTrooper
02-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Tony Romo has had alot of weapons on his teams over the years, and he still can't/couldn't get it down. How many QBs have won with less talent on their teams? Great ones do and have

You clearly do not watch very many Cowboys games. Those offensive "weapons" seem to always find new ways to drop passes, run wrong routes, or tank plays because they are not motivated or intelligent enough to get it done. As much as I hated TO, at least HE caught the damn ball in the endzone and stayed in bounds!

I think Romo's biggest problem is his leadership ability, not his skillset (or even his clutch gene). I think he could be a top-3 QB if he would just get in Dez's, Miles', Ogletree's, and the offensive line (who is truly offensive) faces and kick their asses into gear, like Peyton would. If Romo could somehow spend a year training under Peyton (just to watch how he runs a team), he would be unstoppable.

I think Jerry Jones is the reason why the Cowboys can't get it done, and Jason Garrett is his lap-dog of mediocrity.