PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Game 55: Celtics @ Nuggets

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
"Since January 1st, Ty Lawson is scoring 19.2 points per game while shooting 49.7 percent from the field (13.6 PPG and 40.8 FG pct prior)."
-sauce (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/54960/denver-provides-ultimate-home-court)

New Years resolution that actually worked....

I'm ready for a nuggets push for the 3 or 4 seed. LETS GO NUGGETS

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
You're cool. Oh hey lets make the thread super early and stuff.

<3

johnlimburg
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Javale Mcgee should start and shadow Kevin Garnett all game long. He was the reason we got back in the game and were able to compete against the Celtics last time we played them. Any word on our injured guys and if they are back because we looked pretty bad without Andre Iguodala and Danillio Gallanari going into the All-Star break.

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Both practiced fully yesterday. Expected to play.

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Javale Mcgee should start and shadow Kevin Garnett all game long. He was the reason we got back in the game and were able to compete against the Celtics last time we played them. Any word on our injured guys and if they are back because we looked pretty bad without Andre Iguodala and Danillio Gallanari going into the All-Star break.

i'm not even gonna ask about your avatar.

edit: and yeah according to their facebook, gallo and iggy were practicing yesterday fully and should play.

58_VONDOOM_92
02-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Easy win.

Im predicting we will win by 10+ but wont be surprised if we win by 20 or more.

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 04:36 PM
spread is -8.5 for the nuggets

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Found this on reddit:
http://i.imgur.com/oMlLQSV.jpg

jj reddick for mozgov and 2016 knicks 1st round.

58_VONDOOM_92
02-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Found this on reddit:
http://i.imgur.com/oMlLQSV.jpg

jj reddick for mozgov and 2016 knicks 1st round.

Wouldn't mind that since Knicks 1s rounder will probably be low and Mozzy will never get much playing time while hes here. We need a pure shooter like Redick and of course im a little bias

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Dutchy and Landy at the game supportin' the nugs

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Dutchy and Landy at the game supportin' the nugs

but where is iggy?

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 08:27 PM
I found him! He is airballing his free throws ;)

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 08:28 PM
nice dish there by iggy and gallo for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Iggy. Too cool for points.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi
Fans openly booing Iguodola after those horrific free throws. One was an air ball. How do you air ball a FT as a shooting guard? How?

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
gary miller ‏@thegarymiller
Memo to George: you're allowed to take Iggy out.

CBS4 is not impressed by Iggy apparently

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 08:46 PM
cbrewwwwwwwwww

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 09:03 PM
At least we have Gallo

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 09:04 PM
There's a mouse in the house and his name is Ty Lawson!

MD23
02-19-2013, 09:07 PM
A.I III still scoreless, at least he's a good defender :) But okay how in the world is that a defensive foul?

MD23
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Faried, truly half man half animal! he's all over the boards :D

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Benjamin Hochman ‏@nuggetsnews
Gallo, Lawson and Iguodala -- combined 49 points

I'm not gonna pile on Iguodola tonight because he's playing tremendous defense on Pierce. But his shooting, wow.

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Nuggets trying their best to choke this lead away.

Let's hope they aren't successful.

58_VONDOOM_92
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
no worries we have this in the bag

58_VONDOOM_92
02-19-2013, 09:24 PM
see ya Boston.

Next

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Nuggets are now 34-0 this season when outscoring opponent.

Congrats on hitting a FT Iggy! Big accomplishment!

Broncoholic3233
02-19-2013, 09:27 PM
gary miller ‏@thegarymiller
Tacos for Iggy FT?

vic lombardi
My Nuggets, despite Iggy's concrete work: 0-for-7, 1-for-4 FT's, 1 point. Nuggets beat Boston 97-90. Great defense though.

Cbs4 has it out for Iggy haha

DenverBlood
02-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Glad to be back in the win column. Grizz are on fire again so we had to stop the bleeding.

Way to check in with the token 1 point contribution Iggy.

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 09:32 PM
NEXT VICTIM!!!!

good game though, iggy was lights out.

TY lawson with 0 turnovers in 37 minutes. Andre miller with 3 in 23

58_VONDOOM_92
02-19-2013, 09:37 PM
We need Redick just to help with FT's alone

HUMCALC
02-19-2013, 10:03 PM
We need Redick just to help with FT's alone

CHI could use him, too

johnlimburg
02-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Wilson Chandler goes 0-6 for 0 points, 0 assists and 7 rebounds.
Andre Iguodala goes 0-7 for 0 points, 7 assists and 3 rebounds.

Funny Chandler didn't get mentioned for a poor shooting effort yet Iguodala did. Numerous times. Both played awfully while putting the ball in the air. Atleast on the offensive end Iguodala set up atleast 17 points. But both guys were great defensivly. And Chandler was great on the boards to.

Would love to see more Javale Mcgee. He made two stupid plays which will feature on shaqin the fool however he affects shots around the basket and against teams like Oklahoma City with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook this will be huge for us. Hopefully he establishes himself more before the playoffs begin.

PS: The TNT crew should stop with that Gallanaaaaaaaaaaari crap. It is not funny at all.

BroncNuggsRocks
02-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Wilson Chandler goes 0-6 for 0 points, 0 assists and 7 rebounds.
Andre Iguodala goes 0-7 for 0 points, 7 assists and 3 rebounds.

Funny Chandler didn't get mentioned for a poor shooting effort yet Iguodala did. Numerous times. Both played awfully while putting the ball in the air. Atleast on the offensive end Iguodala set up atleast 17 points. But both guys were great defensivly. And Chandler was great on the boards to.

Would love to see more Javale Mcgee. He made two stupid plays which will feature on shaqin the fool however he affects shots around the basket and against teams like Oklahoma City with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook this will be huge for us. Hopefully he establishes himself more before the playoffs begin.

PS: The TNT crew should stop with that Gallanaaaaaaaaaaari crap. It is not funny at all.

firstly, i laughed at the gallanaaaaaaaaaari stuff... its just so perfectly random.

chandler isn't a starter, nor did he play the amount of minutes iggy did... yet he still had a piss poor offensive game regardless...

and iggy went 1/4 on FT's.... 2 of which weren't even flipping close!

he played like crap. He looked hurt. Played a good defensive game.

but you know all that so i dont see the problem here. Maybe you were trying to say "But chandler did bad toooooooooooo"

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 12:29 AM
firstly, i laughed at the gallanaaaaaaaaaari stuff... its just so perfectly random.

chandler isn't a starter, nor did he play the amount of minutes iggy did... yet he still had a piss poor offensive game regardless...

but you know all that so i dont see the problem here. Maybe you were trying to say "But chandler did bad toooooooooooo"

That about sums that up.

One is a starter that we trade multiple players to get and makes 15 million.

One is a bench player, who has played sparingly due to injury and makes nowhere near that amount and played 11 less minutes (meaning he saw more bench for his lack of offense).

It's not that hard to figure out why Iggy's name was mentioned over Chandler's on twitter, in this thread, wherever.

Everyone pointed out his solid defense, too. I also acknowledge one of his better dimes to Gallo that lead to 3. Also, I wasn't the one ripping on Iggy. It was twitter folk, I (and I wasn't the only one) just posted what they said.

johnlimburg
02-20-2013, 04:45 AM

It was annoying to me. I thought they were just trying to hard to be funny. But he did play a great game along with Ty Lawson. And as Scott Hastings pointed out. Ty Lawson is playing with so much more confidence right now then he has ever played with in his career. His jump shot is much more reliable as of late.

And the free throws were laughable. And really it was 3 of them which were not really close. The third one hit the backboard before anything else. That is just as bad as an airball. And I wouldn't say like crap. He played bad though. His stroke looked terrible.

And I was just stating a fact that Wilson Chandler also had a piss poor shooting performance and didn't get mentioned. I wasn't wrong. Just stated it as I found it pretty amusing.

That about sums that up.

One is a starter that we trade multiple players to get and makes 15 million.

One is a bench player, who has played sparingly due to injury and makes nowhere near that amount and played 11 less minutes (meaning he saw more bench for his lack of offense).

It's not that hard to figure out why Iggy's name was mentioned over Chandler's on twitter, in this thread, wherever.

Everyone pointed out his solid defense, too. I also acknowledge one of his better dimes to Gallo that lead to 3. Also, I wasn't the one ripping on Iggy. It was twitter folk, I (and I wasn't the only one) just posted what they said.

I actually didn't even take notice of your posts about it. I actually was refering to Denver Bloods post mostly. You were just posting others comments as you said. Even though you probably posted them to piss me off. But whatever. I agreed with them and thought it was amusing. I think Andre Iguodala and Javale Mcgee will occupy the top 5 spots of Shaqin the Fool in the next episode.

Anyone got the Gifs of their laughable moments from that game ?

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 10:43 AM
It was annoying to me. I thought they were just trying to hard to be funny. But he did play a great game along with Ty Lawson. And as Scott Hastings pointed out. Ty Lawson is playing with so much more confidence right now then he has ever played with in his career. His jump shot is much more reliable as of late.

And the free throws were laughable. And really it was 3 of them which were not really close. The third one hit the backboard before anything else. That is just as bad as an airball. And I wouldn't say like crap. He played bad though. His stroke looked terrible.

And I was just stating a fact that Wilson Chandler also had a piss poor shooting performance and didn't get mentioned. I wasn't wrong. Just stated it as I found it pretty amusing.

I actually didn't even take notice of your posts about it. I actually was refering to Denver Bloods post mostly. You were just posting others comments as you said. Even though you probably posted them to piss me off. But whatever. I agreed with them and thought it was amusing. I think Andre Iguodala and Javale Mcgee will occupy the top 5 spots of Shaqin the Fool in the next episode.

No. I just find Vic and Gary hilarious. They rip on whoever, whenever they can.

Hochmans was pretty funny too you have to admit.

I have no gifs, sorry

DenverBlood
02-20-2013, 04:17 PM

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't jumping aboard the bash Iggy train.

The reason I made my post was because I found it humorous that he shot terrible all game and had 0 points, then has another horrible free throw attempt that looks like he didn't care and then makes 1 that didn't really matter with 9 seconds left up 6.

So I just found it funny that he ended up with 1 point after all that.

No reason to make the joke about Chandler because he didn't make a token pointless free throw.

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 04:38 PM
I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't jumping aboard the bash Iggy train.

The reason I made my post was because I found it humorous that he shot terrible all game and had 0 points, then has another horrible free throw attempt that looks like he didn't care and then makes 1 that didn't really matter with 9 seconds left up 6.

So I just found it funny that he ended up with 1 point after all that.

No reason to make the joke about Chandler because he didn't make a token pointless free throw.

I was talking to a buddy about it right when it happened....it was hilarious.

Did you notice how he got the rebound and looked around to find someone who is good at free throws to pass to...then all of a sudden...he decides not to even though Ty or Dre was open....he wanted to at least try to get a point for the night. I can't blame him...we just found it funny.

DenverBlood
02-20-2013, 05:21 PM
I was talking to a buddy about it right when it happened....it was hilarious.

Did you notice how he got the rebound and looked around to find someone who is good at free throws to pass to...then all of a sudden...he decides not to even though Ty or Dre was open....he wanted to at least try to get a point for the night. I can't blame him...we just found it funny.

Yeah man. He looked like he thought he was going to go on a break and get a sportcenter top 10 highlight. When it didn't even matter.

I think you are a little harsh on his value to the team at times when you yep argue about it.

But Limburgh really has to lighten up about it. Noone pays a guy $15 for only defensive production.

Dwight Howard is probably the highest paid guy that is a great defender. But he also puts up offensive production to back his pay.

I agree Iggy is overpaid if his only value to the team is defensively. Gotta average at least 20 a game to get paid $15 mil.

Broncoholic3233
02-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Just had an emailer send me a nasty note saying it was demeaning of us to harp on Iguodola's poor shooting last night. Is it?

John was that you??

(This is just a joke, don't yell at me.)

BroncNuggsRocks
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
how rude of you

johnlimburg
02-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah man. He looked like he thought he was going to go on a break and get a sportcenter top 10 highlight. When it didn't even matter.

I think you are a little harsh on his value to the team at times when you yep argue about it.

But Limburgh really has to lighten up about it. Noone pays a guy $15 for only defensive production.

Dwight Howard is probably the highest paid guy that is a great defender. But he also puts up offensive production to back his pay.

I agree Iggy is overpaid if his only value to the team is defensively. Gotta average at least 20 a game to get paid $15 mil.

I heard defense is important. Put your mind to work on this one. A basket saved is as good as one scored. It is true. And I agree he is overpaid. I have never ever said other wise. However did you just use Dwight Howard as your example ? Dwight howard is responsible for roughly 18 points per game this past season. That is including his assists. Iguodala is responsible for roughly 23 including his assists. This is offensive production also and how hard is it for people to understand that there is more to offense, and more to basketball then putting the ball through the hole.

Just had an emailer send me a nasty note saying it was demeaning of us to harp on Iguodola's poor shooting last night. Is it?

John was that you??

(This is just a joke, don't yell at me.)

Please. I am not that pathetic. I couldn't give a rats ass what any media member anywhere thinks. The next time I see a deep analysis about the game that is being played and the analysis of the players in it will be the first. These guys are fans who have degrees in being able to write. To bad there is no place they can go to learn the sports they get paid to talk about. And my email address is my name anyway. If it was me my name would have been attached to it.

And no it is not mean to harp on it. It was laughable. Airballs and way off shots. Now one was unfairly making things up about him to bag him. I have no problem with it. And I am not even a massive fan of his. Look at the thread where the trade got made. I was not happy or pleased with it. However I just defend his play at times when it is unfairly baqgged by people on here.

DenverBlood
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
$15 million a season bro. Noone cares to see 4.9 assists a game for $15 million a season.

When you get paid that much it is all about putting the ball in a hole.

johnlimburg
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
No but you said when your a great defender it is alright if you have offensive production like Dwight Howard. He helps his team score more points though then Dwight Howard. So I just used your standard. Maybe next time think before you speak and get a better example. And I agree he is overpaid.

And the amusing thing is when Carmelo Anthony was here everyone would of said he is only a scorer. He needs to be more. But now it is all that matters. And this from others who seem to be only looking at his scoring as well. Basketball is more then scoring. I think George Karl knows that and is a reason he really likes Iguodala.

BroncNuggsRocks
02-21-2013, 09:57 PM
so you both agree he's overpaid. DONE DEAL!

they call me the arbitrator.

DenverBlood
02-22-2013, 06:07 AM
No but you said when your a great defender it is alright if you have offensive production like Dwight Howard. He helps his team score more points though then Dwight Howard. So I just used your standard. Maybe next time think before you speak and get a better example. And I agree he is overpaid.

And the amusing thing is when Carmelo Anthony was here everyone would of said he is only a scorer. He needs to be more. But now it is all that matters. And this from others who seem to be only looking at his scoring as well. Basketball is more then scoring. I think George Karl knows that and is a reason he really likes Iguodala.

Well now who is being narrow minded?

You only want to look at ppg and assists for how much Dwight Howard produces offensively? What about offensive rebounds? Dwight has more per game by. I only found his total per game and didn't look up offensive boards but his total boards are double Iggy. So I'm sure his offensive boards are too. That results in second chance points that wouldn't happen without Howard.

You are kidding yourself if you think Iggy has more value to a team at $15 mil than Dwight at whatever he is getting. You would be alone in believing that.

You get too defensive. I already said I agree Iggy has value to this team in alot of other ways. I personally don't want to get rid of him unless we brought back AAA and Harrington. But $15 mil is too much for how little he produces offensively. And by that I mean buckets. You can easiy pay someone alot less for assists and defense.

And Melo? Really? Man may have sucked defensively but he was worth the contract. Notice 0 first round victories since he left.