PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] [Article] Nuggets taking advantage of Denver's thin air

BroncNuggsRocks
03-06-2013, 12:39 AM
talks about our bench and has good quotes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/nuggets/2013/03/05/denver-nuggets-pepsi-center-advantage/1965287/

Indeed, Karl basically has two starting lineups.

"JaVale/Kosta, some people take JaVale, some take Koufos. Kenneth/Wilson, some people will take Kenneth, some people take Wilson," Karl said. "Corey's having such a great year that you've got to get him in the game because he gives you so much energy. Andre/Ty, I mean, I think most people would take Ty, but Andre still could win games as a starter in this league. There's no question in my mind if you gave him a team and gave him a starting lineup, he'd win.

"And Iguodala is the wild card" which gives Karl the flexibility to go with a big or small lineup depending on the matchup.

Broncoholic3233
03-06-2013, 12:46 AM
you have good quotes

johnlimburg
03-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Such a good team. The best we have had in a number of years. Before the all star break Koufas was better then Mcgee. However ever since Mcgee has been great. He has played so much better. I think he had earned more minutes then he is getting.

Houshmazode
03-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Such a good team. The best we have had in a number of years. Before the all star break Koufas was better then Mcgee. However ever since Mcgee has been great. He has played so much better. I think he had earned more minutes then he is getting.
He would play more but his asthma always kicks in and he has to sit on the bench for a while to get his breath back. That happens pretty much every game, and if it didn't I'm sure he would be getting a lot more time.

Chandler is going to be key for us in the playoffs. I hope he keeps playing this well and doesn't re-injure himself.

BroncNuggsRocks
03-07-2013, 02:25 AM
It's hard to judge mcgee and koufos since they both keep improving. Different styles though, and I think mcgee has the edge because he has both defense and offense.

Koufos needs to work on his touch a little... he tends to rocket it off the glass every now and again.

Ty is obviously getting more comfortable taking those random jumpers, but i'm starting to think he may be doing it too frequently. But idk, i enjoy watching him do it. I just dont know how the rest of the team feels about it.

I love watching mcgee on the bench though, he's basically standing half the time.

Broncoholic3233
03-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Kosta I think has kind of hit a wall. He's not getting worse, but I don't see him improving much anymore game to game.

He's a hell of a lot better than he was last year and a solid option now, so that's definitely a plus.

McGee is awesome and definitely needs more time. So here is what we need to do....find a cure for asthma. BOOM! More time for McGee.

But yeah, I love this team. Good guys, solid/smart players, it'll be fun to see how we do down the stretch. Big game tonight...

johnlimburg
03-07-2013, 05:34 PM
He would play more but his asthma always kicks in and he has to sit on the bench for a while to get his breath back. That happens pretty much every game, and if it didn't I'm sure he would be getting a lot more time.

Chandler is going to be key for us in the playoffs. I hope he keeps playing this well and doesn't re-injure himself.

That is a concern however I think he could play a little more. I think George Karl just doesn't want to play him that much. I understand players having shorter leashes then others. However I think Javale Mcgee has earned a longer leash. He does stupid things here and there however he hasn't been doing them for a while now. He has been great in his minutes.