PDA

View Full Version : Richard Sherman on First Take

The Experience
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Don't like Sherman, but he is dead on about Skip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6x-O3kb1sI&feature=youtu.be

Baller7120
03-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Lmao. Lmao. Lmao.

Freyaka
03-08-2013, 06:13 AM
I love it can't stand skip....He's like an annoying sports commentator version of Steve Carell....(listen to him, he sounds just like him) "I'm better than you" I love it!

BroncoFanNC
03-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Fast forward to 0:48 haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrLCDqVU56Y

DoomTrooper
03-08-2013, 07:56 AM
He just looked like a very insecure kid to me. I now have a new least favorite player in the NFL. I don't like Skip either, but Sherman looked like a punk with little-man syndrome on national television.

What a classless little turd. Do we get to play the Seahawks this year? If so, I hope Peyton and DT/Decker light this idiot up and embarrass his sorry ass.

I really, really, REALLY hate trash talkers.

assassin216
03-08-2013, 08:33 AM
He just looked like a very insecure kid to me. I now have a new least favorite player in the NFL. I don't like Skip either, but Sherman looked like a punk with little-man syndrome on national television.

What a classless little turd. Do we get to play the Seahawks this year? If so, I hope Peyton and DT/Decker light this idiot up and embarrass his sorry ass.

How is he classless?

Skip is the one who's been throwing little shots at Sherman all season and yet I dont see you saying anything about that.....Sherman have the right to call out Skip,because honestly he gets away with murder by thinking its okay to make fun of people's last name or making fun of the athlete.....

This is the same person who calls Eli Manning,"Rain Man" and Sheli.....I dont understand your mentality on this subject...

You can criticize an athletes on his play but to call an athlete names or make fun of their last name is a personal attack on them...I dont care how much money an athlete makes but to personally attack an athlete is very professional and should no be tolerate and yet people like you want to focus on the athlete who stands up for himself against someone who does it for living...

You do know Richard Sherman is a Stanford graduated so it obvious he's not an dummy

And for the record,the majority corners are trash talkers,including Bailey to act like all corners dont is ridiculous...

Its ridiculous people that will search for things they dont like about person without knowing them personally....

And,No we dont play the Seahawks,so you dont get your wish.....

CoryWinget81
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Champ is a huge trash talker...

DoomTrooper
03-08-2013, 09:15 AM
How is he classless?

Really?!? How is that classless?

Telling someone "I'm better than you" and "I'm better at life than you" is classless under ANY circumstance, I don't care how much the bad man hurt your wittle feewings earlier. Sometimes its just better to take the high road, don't you think?

Skip is the one who's been throwing little shots at Sherman all season and yet I dont see you saying anything about that.....Sherman have the right to call out Skip,because honestly he gets away with murder by thinking its okay to make fun of people's last name or making fun of the athlete.....

This is the same person who calls Eli Manning,"Rain Man" and Sheli.....I dont understand your mentality on this subject...

I already said I don't like Skip either. Do I really have to go and list all the reasons why? I was talking about Sherman's little-man syndrome displayed in the video. I didn't say anything about how I thought Skip was right about what he said about Sherman, or anybody else, so don't go making assumptions or putting any words in my mouth. I don't like Skip either for the same reason why I don't like sports media in general.

You know what they say about assuming, right?

You can criticize an athletes on his play but to call an athlete names or make fun of their last name is a personal attack on them...I dont care how much money an athlete makes but to personally attack an athlete is very professional and should no be tolerate and yet people like you want to focus on the athlete who stands up for himself against someone who does it for living...

Like I said, take the high road. Lashing back and making an ass out of yourself on national television just plays into the media's hands. It's a trap that people like Skip set up to bring in ratings. Isn't this common sense by now?

You do know Richard Sherman is a Stanford graduated so it obvious he's not an dummy

Never said he was a dummy. Just an insecure turd. There we go about assumptions again... EDIT: When I said "idiot," I meant it in a jerky sense, not a stupid sense. I should've chosen a different word, I was just heated at the moment.

And for the record,the majority corners are trash talkers,including Bailey to act like all corners dont is ridiculous...

Did I say anything about corners in general? Where do you get this stuff? I said I hate trash talkers.

Its ridiculous people that will search for things they dont like about person without knowing them personally....

This is a message board where we are supposed to discuss our opinions, isn't it? I didn't like the way this kid conducted himself. Have you ever posted anything on these boards ever that is negative about someone? Do you know that player personally? Don't be hypocritical now.

Bummer. Finally, something useful to come from your post.

That's unfortunate, and an aspect I don't like about him. Just because he's a bronco doesn't mean I like him trash talking. Also, I don't remember (not saying it never happened) Champ going on television and telling someone he's "better at life" than them.

SBboundBRONCOS
03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
ehh everybody in the NFL talks trash ... hell anyone ive ever met that plays any kind of game competitively talks trash.

sometimes they can cross a line (see Kevin Garnett) but it shouldnt affect your view on a player

DoomTrooper
03-08-2013, 10:18 AM
ehh everybody in the NFL talks trash ... hell anyone ive ever met that plays any kind of game competitively talks trash.

sometimes they can cross a line (see Kevin Garnett) but it should affect your view on a player

Very true, fair point.

I guess I was just really disgusted when I saw that video (it's not that I hate Sherman personally, I just can't stand ugly trash talk by anyone) so I overreacted.

I don't really mean that I hate anyone who trash talks, I just hate it when anyone trash talks, and this Sherman video really encompasses why I feel that way.

My rant is over.

theMileHighGuy
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm by no means a Skip Bayless fan, but I hated Richard Sherman in this video, and most of the time actually. I enjoy trash talking actually, but what Sherm does is just attention whoring. It loses its effect when you bring your battle to just about everyone you meet. I like him less every time I hear him speak. Should save trash talk for game day, and stop picking fights with everyone. You're not in Compton anymore.

CoryWinget81
03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm by no means a Skip Bayless fan, but I hated Richard Sherman in this video, and most of the time actually. I enjoy trash talking actually, but what Sherm does is just attention whoring. It loses its effect when you bring your battle to just about everyone you meet. I like him less every time I hear him speak. Should save trash talk for game day, and stop picking fights with everyone. You're not in Compton anymore.

hahaha why do I wanna watch CB4 now...

InsaneBlaze23
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM

sometimes they can cross a line (see Kevin Garnett) but it shouldnt affect your view on a player

Agree with all of the above, even your other post Doom. At first I thought as I about to post that I may be the only one, but I guess not.

I don't like Skip or Stephen A., but Sherman just looked like an immature, insecure, classless, unprofessional punk.
I've never liked Sherman, I was hoping he'd clean up his image a little, but no he is still ignorant. Which he kept calling Skip. That may be true in some cases, but Sherman himself is ignorant.

Nothing he said was called for. Part of being a professional is to be able to take in words from the media and others, then reply in a tame manner. Not get personal and deliver those attacks. In just because you are a pro athlete doesn't mean you have a better life than someone. Yeah you making good money, but all that means is you make good money. Doesn't mean that cash makes you better than anyone or happy. Skip though I don't like him, is an accomplished reporter. He's been doing this for decades, disagree or agree with him if you must. But you don't last long if you're doing it below average. Skip has a pretty good resume and might be able to out run Sherman. He isn't as fast as him, but he has done a lot of marathons and such.

Another problem with the video is Stephen A. whom shows he has no back bone. If you watch First Take often, you hear him say how he loves Skip, that he's his boy, he's like a brother to him,etc. Yet he just sat there smiling, like "ain't that the truth." If he's your boy, like a brother to you, shouldn't you step in and let Sherman know his comments is uncalled for?

Sherman ignored every question Skip asked, in just took the time to insult him personally.

As for trash talking, everyone does it in every sport. Even Peyton Manning. The difference is the type of trash talking.

People like Peyton have that trash talker where it's innocent and he's just poking fun at you. Others than that traditional trash talker. You know, say something to get under the skin, maybe distract the player...but at the end of the day you wouldn't mind buying him dinner.

Then you have the type of trash talk, where it appears as ignorance, annoyance, pushing it a little too far. Where it doesn't seem like it's trash talk anymore, but you talking crap(not the wrong I wanna use). It seems like you have nothing but disrespect for that person.

Fitzmagic
03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry but Sherman came off as an idiot in this segment. I like his game and I like when he talks trash on the field, he's good and isn't afraid to say it, but he looks foolish here. Saying to Skip "I'm better than you" instead of answering a fair question about Revis is just childish and immature. Revis and Sherman have the same profession, Skip is a media member, a question regarding Revis is 100% valid to ask, saying I'm better than you makes him look like a punk. So what if Skip doesn't think Sherman is in the same league of CB's as Revis, his job is to tell his opinion. Skip has attacked LeBron for years now and LeBron ignores it like a man, why couldn't Sherman? In the end, Skip proved how good of a troll he is and clearly got under Sherman's skin.

assassin216
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I already said I don't like Skip either. Do I really have to go and list all the reasons why? I was talking about Sherman's little-man syndrome displayed in the video. I didn't say anything about how I thought Skip was right about what he said about Sherman, or anybody else, so don't go making assumptions or putting any words in my mouth. I don't like Skip either for the same reason why I don't like sports media in general.

How are you going to tell a grown man he should of left it alone when he's been getting attacked by Skip all season and didnt say one word about it ,until he got on the show yesterday...Just because you would of left it alone don't mean the next man will....

I hate when people say "He should of did this",when he's not the type of person...I would of done the same thing because Im not going to allow a person to keep attacking me,every chance he gets...but according to you he should of left it alone...

And for the record,Sherman is right about having a better at life than Skip....There is a reason Skip have to lie about his basketball career,last year...

If you claim to hate trash talkers,you must hate 95% of the sports players,because the majority of them does it and will continue to do it....

Freyaka
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Bet you just despised Shannon Sharpe huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsHXuM6ah0

InsaneBlaze23
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
How are you going to tell a grown man he should of left it alone when he's been getting attacked by Skip all season and didnt say one word about it ,until he got on the show yesterday...Just because you would of left it alone don't mean the next man will....

I hate when people say "He should of did this",when he's not the type of person...I would of done the same thing because Im not going to allow a person to keep attacking me,every chance he gets...but according to you he should of left it alone...

And for the record,Sherman is right about having a better at life than Skip....There is a reason Skip have to lie about his basketball career,last year...

If you claim to hate trash talkers,you must hate 95% of the sports players,because the majority of them does it and will continue to do it....

Question what exactly makes his life better than Skip's? Is it his paycheck, his job, life style, what?
I'm sure you and Sherman both have the level of knowledge about Skip, which I'd bet isn't much.
You and Sherman both know what you see on TV and what you can read on the web. Which says nothing about his personally life. So unless Sherman knows about Skip's personal life, he can't know if he is better at life than Skip.

Skip has been on this planet a lot longer than Sherman and maybe you. It's impossible to know what he has done in his early years besides what he talks about. Yeah he lied about his basketball career. Find me a man that has never told a lie, I'll find you a planet in this solar system with life on it that looks just like us. Stephen A called Skip on the lie, but he didn't cross the line like Sherman did.

JayJack
03-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I can't stand Sherman or Skip, but Skip has had this coming for a looooong time! He's been disrespectful to a lot of players and he refuses to stop until they meet his standards. The only problem I have with Sherman in this video is that he seem like he was going to cry. If you're going to go in on Skip like that, at least be strong about it.

InsaneBlaze23
03-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I can't stand Sherman or Skip, but Skip has had this coming for a looooong time! He's been disrespectful to a lot of players and he refuses to stop until they meet his standards. The only problem I have with Sherman in this video is that he seem like he was going to cry. If you're going to go in on Skip like that, at least be strong about it.

See I don't mind people going at it with Skip. By all means defend yourself if you feel you need to, but do it in a different way than acting him personally and insulting him in the way Sherman insulted Skip. It's Skip's job to get under the skin of players, that's why he is on First Take. That is why First Take is the way it is now compared to a couple years ago. ESPN and it's viewers like seeing him argue with Smith and get under the skin/annoy players. In like I said, you can either ignore it like Lebron does and other players, or you can go at him in a respectful manner. Plenty of guys have gotten back at the First Take crew, either they go on the set and debate or they prove it on the field, ice, court, diamond,etc.

JayJack
03-08-2013, 05:48 PM
See I don't mind people going at it with Skip. By all means defend yourself if you feel you need to, but do it in a different way than acting him personally and insulting him in the way Sherman insulted Skip. It's Skip's job to get under the skin of players, that's why he is on First Take. That is why First Take is the way it is now compared to a couple years ago. ESPN and it's viewers like seeing him argue with Smith and get under the skin/annoy players. In like I said, you can either ignore it like Lebron does and other players, or you can go at him in a respectful manner. Plenty of guys have gotten back at the First Take crew, either they go on the set and debate or they prove it on the field, ice, court, diamond,etc.

Skip attacks people personally when he starts changing their last name to a name that is disrespectful. It's one thing to call Lebron "Prince James" instead of "King James" until he won a ring, but to call Joe Flaco "Joe Fluko" is taking it to far.

He never went in on someone like Sherman did on him, but what Sherman said is probably what half the nation wanted to say. At the end of the day, 2 wrongs don't make a right, but a man can only take so much before he explodes.

InsaneBlaze23
03-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Skip attacks people personally when he starts changing their last name to a name that is disrespectful. It's one thing to call Lebron "Prince James" instead of "King James" until he won a ring, but to call Joe Flaco "Joe Fluko" is taking it to far.

He never went in on someone like Sherman did on him, but what Sherman said is probably what half the nation wanted to say. At the end of the day, 2 wrongs don't make a right, but a man can only take so much before he explodes.

I watch First Take every morning. He does say some disrespectful things, but they are usually directed to their play, not their personal life. He isn't like Jim Rome, whom gets off by being a jackass. I agree that Skip deserved to be grilled, just not in that way. Same thing goes for when Dan La'Batard and Chael Sonnen went at it, Dan deserved to be grilled in the way he was grilled. In ESPN didn't help him out at all. But even with Chael grilling him, Chael didn't cross the line. He acted La'batard by talking about his work not about his personally life. Or saying how much better he is at life.

JayJack
03-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I watch First Take every morning. He does say some disrespectful things, but they are usually directed to their play, not their personal life. He isn't like Jim Rome, whom gets off by being a jackass. I agree that Skip deserved to be grilled, just not in that way. Same thing goes for when Dan La'Batard and Chael Sonnen went at it, Dan deserved to be grilled in the way he was grilled. In ESPN didn't help him out at all. But even with Chael grilling him, Chael didn't cross the line. He acted La'batard by talking about his work not about his personally life. Or saying how much better he is at life.

Forgive me but I don't know the other guys you're talking about. I watch Mike & Mike, 1st Take and NFL Live. It's really hard not to go in on Skip when he praise Tebow, but criticize Aaron Rodgers etc etc. It's stupid stuff like that, that makes you just unleash on him whenever you get the chance. If it wasn't for Stephen A. Smith, I wouldn't watch that show.

#24 Next Champ
03-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Lol whaat??

InsaneBlaze23
03-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Lol whaat??

I believe he was being sarcastic.

Atwnbroncfan
03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I hate Skip Bayless but Sherman was a chump here, an absolute punk. He brought this to a personal level that is unacceptable. Furthermore, this kid has had a one really good season. He runs his mouth like he has been doing this for years. And guess what Sherman, you got burned in the playsoffs, badly.

Broncoholic3233
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Lol whaat??

I believe he was being sarcastic.

You'd think..but I don't know for sure.

Sherman is a tool and Skip is a tool.

aberdien
03-08-2013, 09:35 PM
I never thought i'd ever see somebody be a bigger dumbass than Skip Bayless, but Sherman takes the cake. What a buttmunch (nicer way to say what I want to say)

Broncoholic3233
03-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I am still in shock. Just wow.

Sherman...possibly the most classless player in the NFL. I hope he falls off the map after that crap. Let's see what that Stanford grad can do outside of football. He also sounded like he was about to cry...hmmm.....

What an utter tool.

xX-Bronco-Xx
03-09-2013, 07:57 AM
He could have actually had an awesome moment if he didn't go off on that personal tangent against Skip.

He looked like an absolute idiot.

elway93
03-09-2013, 10:16 AM
So two of the least likable personalities involved in sports hate each other? Who cares?

CanDB
03-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I heard that Sherman really stuck it to Bayless, but after watching this, I don't see it that way. Getting personal is foolish. It's like when someone makes a scene....few want to be around that kind of mess, and that's what Sherman did.....he created a mess that was ill-conceived. Cmon, saying you have lived your life better sounds like a 6 year old. I think he was on a mission, but didn't think it out.

Unfortunately too, because under that "noisy" facade, I believe Sherman has some smarts.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I think Sherman was out of line, but at the same time it was kind of interesting to see Skip get a taste of his own medicine.

CanDB
03-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Another problem with the video is Stephen A. whom shows he has no back bone. If you watch First Take often, you hear him say how he loves Skip, that he's his boy, he's like a brother to him,etc. Yet he just sat there smiling, like "ain't that the truth." If he's your boy, like a brother to you, shouldn't you step in and let Sherman know his comments is uncalled for?

I totally agree......he looks like he's caught between a rock and hard place, and instead of trying to calm the situation, he chooses to act like someone who isn't sure whose side he's on. He could have diffused the situation, especially if he is in fact a pal of Skip's. If I was Bayless I would have noted that "silence" as someone who is really not in his corner.

731orange
03-09-2013, 01:46 PM
I had heard a lot about how Richard Sherman has a big mouth, but this is the first time I've actually heard the boy speak. Classless is certainly one way to put it. I'm not a huge fan of Bayless either, but at least it's his job to state his opinions on these players to the world. It's what he does for a living. For Sherman (or any NFL player) to take anything that Skip has to say personally is foolish, and attacking him like he did only further exposes him as being an extremely childish person. He kept saying that his tape speaks for itself, then proceeded to prove that he can't keep his mouth shut. Instead of letting what he's done speak for itself, he chose to make comparisons between his successes and Skip's. How does that make any sense whatsoever? Shut up and play ball, crybaby.

canadiansbronco
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
yeh i dont mind trash talker but he just looked like a big tool there

fallforward3y+
03-12-2013, 01:26 AM
How is he classless?

Yeah not until 2014 and that will be in Seattle so it'll likely be a tough game, but that's a long way away and who knows what will happen between now and then.

Anyways, for what you said about Sherman I agree with a lot of what you said, except on a few points. For one, athletes get a ton of help with classes, I'm not saying that he is or is not smart, but an athlete graduating college doesn't really say a whole lot. Plus he does seem to thrive on drama a little too much and it does get kind of old.

However, in general your right. It is good to see athletes stand up for themselves for once. People like Skip act like impressing them should be some goal that athletes have, and that they should just take whatever he says about them wrong or right, and try to win their respect and meet their standards. It's always good to see an athlete with the eff you attitude towards people like that.

I know its his job to talk about players play, and that's fine..but people shouldn't act like Sherman isn't going to have his own opinion about his play either..and he is a good player.

People's expectations of athletes are stupid and nonsensical in truth, and at times it seems they forget athletes are people. We want them to be these guys who are great players, and act like they don't know how good they are or that they care. Of course they know, they see it every time they play, and of course they care about their personal play, otherwise they never would have gotten to be great players. They all have personal goals relating to individual accomplishments, they all know they're good. The difference, some are honest and some suck up to fans and the Baylesses of the world.

PhoenixDread
03-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Some people chose to walk the path less traveled.

I'm actually proud of him for chosing to attack Bayless unlike most players who just curl up but imo he could've made a better argument. It was a bit weak.

Be yourself at all times. Forget what everyone thinks about you. He's earned the right to run his mouth by proving it on the field.

fallforward3y+
03-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Some people chose to walk the path less traveled.

I'm actually proud of him for chosing to attack Bayless unlike most players who just curl up but imo he could've made a better argument. It was a bit weak.

Be yourself at all times. Forget what everyone thinks about you. He's earned the right to run his mouth by proving it on the field.

Yeah, I also think he could have. The all-pro argument was stupid in my opinion, that's just what a group of people think of you. He should have just stayed focused on the facts, things he did on the field. His performance against good receivers, interceptions, completion % against him etc.