PDA

View Full Version : Harvin to Seattle.

jaytea11
03-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I like this move for Seattle

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/vikings-get-three-picks-for-harvin/

Vikings get three picks for Harvin

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT

Getty Images
Eight years ago, the Vikings traded receiver Randy Moss to the Raiders for a first-round pick, a seventh-round pick, and linebacker Napoloeon Harris.

Now, the Vikings have parlayed Percy Harvin into a first-rounder, a seventh-rounder, and a mid-round selection in 2014, according to Jay Glazer of FOX.

The first-rounder this time around is 18 spots lower. In 2005, the Vikings wasted the seventh overall selection on Troy Williams, a speed receiver who had the speed but had lots of trouble with the receiving. Lots of trouble.

Moss and Harvin were teammates for a few weeks in 2010, after the Vikings gave up a third-rounder to get Moss back. Some believe that their brief time together helped poison Percy against the purple.

Now that Percy is in Seattle, it’ll be interesting to see whether Moss gets interested in jumping from the 49ers to the Seahawks.

CanDB
03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
,I mentioned elsewhere, but this looks to be a good trade for both teams. Harvin is a dynamic player, and gives Seattle more O instantly....not that they were shabby in that regard!

For The Vikes, they get some decent return, with possibly a young starter in this year's draft, and maybe more if those two other picks work out into something (could even help in a further trade of some sort). Harvin's health will likely determine the end result of this trade, but at this point, I see it as a positive for both teams.

canadiansbronco
03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
This makes Seattle hella scary damn good move for them

bronx_2003
03-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Its a gamble by Seattle but I think a good one. Harvin is only 24 and is dynamic. His health will be the concern with migraines and concussions but if he checks out medically then hopefully they are behind him.

I can understand the Vikings didn't want to pay 10 mil. a year and they got decent compensation but the fact remains they lost their best playmaker outside of AP and they are now very bare on offense. They might find someone at the end of one but thats a gamble.

If I'm a Vikings fan I feel worried. Trying to bring Ponder along with little weapons Rudolph is decent), and now AP has even more responsibility.

Bronco51
03-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Peterson will have to run for 3K for this team to compete this year. Ponder will turn into a mini Tebow where he only throws 10-15 times a game. Seattle will be a beast with those weapons.

bears6385
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Glad Harvin's out of the NFCN. That being said this is a risk/reward kind of move by the Seahawks. We all know what the reward is........Harvin is a game changer when on the field. The risk..........Harvin is not on the field enough. Is he tough enough to make it through a full 16 game season?

elway93
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Risky move by the Seahawks but it could easily pay off big time. Still, giving up a 1st rounder for a guy that's injury prone and has been a constant distraction in the locker room might not be the best idea. The NFC West should be very interesting this year with San Francisco and Seattle.

fallforward3y+
03-12-2013, 01:00 AM
They have to compete with SFO signing Boldin. If they use him properly though he can be lethal. He can bring you the big play, and he can be effective with short passes to use as a run game on the rare occasion that a defense overpowers their front line. Frisco and Seattle are looking pretty good, this is what good teams do, they get good and keep getting better so they never get figured out. Looks like the West will be good for a long time, the days of them causing debates over playoff seeding due to bad teams are over.

St Louis and Arizona need to find a way to compete..fortunately for the Rams they seem to match up well with teams in their division, but it doesn't do much good if those are the only teams you can beat. For Arizona, they have played SFO terrible recently, they seem to always win their home game vs SEA, but at the moment it looks like their home game vs SEA this year will be their Superbowl.

HavoK471
03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Seattle is gonna have a hard time in the near future signing all these young players

They're gonna be exciting as hell to watch though, can't wait

fallforward3y+
03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Peterson will have to run for 3K for this team to compete this year. Ponder will turn into a mini Tebow where he only throws 10-15 times a game. Seattle will be a beast with those weapons.

Yeah, them losing Harvin is definitely going to hurt. If Ponder actually becomes like Tebow though the Vikings will likely break the rush yards in a season record. They already have a great line and AP, if teams had to deal with Ponder being able to run like Tebow..where he can actually power over tacklers when he runs it, and will need somebody to spy him..that will open up all sorts of lanes.