PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Ty Lawson is a star

johnlimburg
03-12-2013, 02:38 AM
All this talk about not having a superstar is starting to annoy me now. I believe that you need a superstar to advance in the playoffs. And I think right now we have one. Ty Lawson right now has developed into a complete player. His jump shot was always questionable but it is now so reliable and it has made him so much more dangerous.

Since the start of the new year Ty Lawson is averaging 21.2 Points Per Game and 7.2 Assists Per Game. Those stats are similar and in some cases better then guys who are considered the best in the league. And I think this can be Ty Lawson from now on. It is nitpicking a bit but he is only getting better and better. Add to it the fact that he is what makes our fast pace offense go.

I think Ty Lawson is the MVP of this team and is right now a star. He has also been better in the clutch as of late. He doesn't seem intimidated and he seems like he wants the ball. So no longer do I want to here we don't have a star because I would say as of right now Ty Lawson is playing at a star player level.

George Karl on Ty Lawson:

"He became a starter probably, 100 games ago. He's only been a starter in the NBA for probably 100 games. He had 25 games [approximate] after the trade, you had a lockout year last year, and then you have a full season this year. The end of the trade and the lockout year were [misleading] in a way - they had meaning, but the subtle meanings were tough to figure out. I think he's just establishing himself. He's becoming more consistent, the demand to be aggressive, and in a lot of ways [B]the team now knows he's our guy.

johnlimburg
03-12-2013, 02:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSrrkvDP4Bs

johnlimburg
03-12-2013, 02:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rankc8FgUVk

johnlimburg
03-12-2013, 02:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDT9909ZX0k

the0rangecrush
03-12-2013, 05:15 AM
The question is can he maintain his current level of play? If he can then absolutely, but we saw the opposite side of the coin earlier in the year.

BroncNuggsRocks
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM
i love ty lawson. that 10 3's game was bananas... it was heat check after heat check, the shots got uglier and uglier... until finally he missed that buzzer beater.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2013, 04:29 PM
i love ty lawson. that 10 3's game was bananas... it was heat check after heat check, the shots got uglier and uglier... until finally he missed that buzzer beater.

oh, i thought u were mad at him cuz he defends miller?

Houshmazode
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
He's been streaky before and will have to keep it up through the regular season and playoffs for him to be considered a start, imo.

It's great to see him playing like this, and I kind of doubt he'll get much worse because the team is really gelling and everyone knows their roles right now.

58_VONDOOM_92
03-12-2013, 05:09 PM
I agree that he is becoming a star. I would still put atleast 5 pg's ahead of him as of now