PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get kicked out?

Forever_Elway
11-21-2004, 11:00 PM
this happens to me ever-so-often. i'll make like 4 posts...then i get logged out. i don't know why...does this happen to anyone else?

Ryos
11-22-2004, 03:48 AM
I was just about to post about this. I get logged out after EVERY post I make and have been since the forum upgrade. I don't know why either, since I'm on another vBulletin forum with (I assume) the same version number and never get logged out.

I'm currently using IE 6.0 to post. I'll go with Firefox if that works better, but I like posting in IE here for no particular reason.

Edit: It does this in Firefox 0.9.3 (yes, I know there's a newer version) too. It must be some kind of problem with cookies or something.

Bronx84
11-22-2004, 02:14 PM
it happens t me about 5 times a week to

Vulcan
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Firefox owns you.

StlBroncosFan
11-22-2004, 04:42 PM
I have never had an issue thankfully. ..::knocks on wood::..

Ryos
11-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Do you have cookies enabled on your computer because if you do you shouldnt have any problems!!!

I'm positive that wasn't the problem, but just in case I went with custom settings in IE to accept first-party, third-party, and session cookies. I still got logged out after contributing a post. Again, something's messed up in the way cookies are being handled right now, although I couldn't tell you what exactly it is (not being an expert on vBulletin and all :p). I'll go ask some friends and see if they might have a couple suggestions.

broncos_mgr
12-02-2004, 12:38 PM
This could be a corrupt cookie issue or a Firefox-related cookie issue.

In general, people that login and are continually forced to login again may have corrupted cookies.

We've put up a vBulletin-approved script for deleting just the denverbroncos.com/forums/ cookies at http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/mycookies.php. Users with cookie issues can visit this page, check all the boxes, and click the "Delete" button. If the "Delete" button doesn't always appear, just hit the Enter key to submit the form after checking all the boxes. A user that has a lot of cookies may have to repeat this process until they get a message that says "You have no Cookies."