PDA

View Full Version : Surprised that Tebow is still a Jet?

Incomplete84
03-14-2013, 12:18 PM
With all of the big cuts recently is anyone else shocked that Tebow is still a Jet?

HUMCALC
03-14-2013, 12:48 PM
With all of the big cuts recently is anyone else shocked that Tebow is still a Jet?

I thought they'd have traded him to BUFF. BUFF doesn't have a QB, they originally wanted to draft him, and they haven't been to the playoffs in a while (whereas he led DEN from 1-4 to a divisional PO game), and he couldn't do much worse than their previous QBs

Incomplete84
03-14-2013, 01:01 PM
I think with the right system he could definitely lead a team to 7-8 wins. So I am a bit shocked to see that he is still with the Jets unless they actually plan to use him when Sanchez inevitably fails.

Incomplete84
03-14-2013, 01:03 PM
And on that note, I think he could bring some much needed fan base to an organization that is currently hurting. Even if he isn't your long term plan, he can come in and bring some people to fill those empty seats and he can get your team some national attention. Maybe you win more games than expected, maybe he turns into something worth keeping, maybe you get a playoff birth because the cards fell right...anything is better than constant dumpster diving that you see from some teams.

theMileHighGuy
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I think with the right system he could definitely lead a team to 7-8 wins. So I am a bit shocked to see that he is still with the Jets unless they actually plan to use him when Sanchez inevitably fails.

I'm honestly more surprised they're still riding that train. Surprised they haven't totally cleaned house at QB. I have no idea what they think Sanchez can do.

Incomplete84
03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm honestly more surprised they're still riding that train. Surprised they haven't totally cleaned house at QB. I have no idea what they think Sanchez can do.

I get it just as much as the next guy does...Sanchez has the look of a prototypical QB. But honestly at the end of the day, the job is about wins and losses. It doesn't matter how you get them as long as you get them right? Why not do what some of the coaches this year did with athletic QBs and give it a shot? Worst case scenario you do no worse that you already have. Tebow knows how to play under pressure and has a playoff win under his belt. Let him try it out, the Jets were the laughing stock of the NFL because they were tanking it and then continued to drink from the same glass.

When we had Tebow, we were tanking it with Orton and made the change. Not necessarily because he was the future but because we needed to try something different. He came in, won a lot of games in a row, sparked a team, and got a playoff win. If a kid can't play QB at this level, well he sure had a fun time embarrassing a lot of professional football teams.

Peanut
03-14-2013, 01:38 PM

I heard the Jets just recently signed another QB to kind of help Sanchez out. Can't remember his name. That's 4 QBs. Someone has to go. With what happened last year, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Tebow. I hope he goes somewhere where they will use him.

EDIT: Looked it up. David Garrard.

theMileHighGuy
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I heard the Jets just recently signed another QB to kind of help Sanchez out. Can't remember his name. That's 4 QBs. Someone has to go. With what happened last year, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Tebow. I hope he goes somewhere where they will use him.

EDIT: Looked it up. David Garrard.

Oh you're right! I hadn't heard about that. If they have a true blue competition I don't think Sanchez will be able to beat out Garrard, though he hasn't played in a while. Anyway yes that could see Tebow leaving. I too hope he goes somewhere where he will see the field in some fashion.

LSIGRAD09
03-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Actually, yes I am. I was sure he'd be a FA/with another team by now.

Houshmazode
03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I think Garrard should immediately move into the starting qb spot even if he didn't play in a whole year.

Tebow might have to start thinking about indoor football or something.

BroncoFanBoy
03-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I thought they'd have traded him to BUFF. BUFF doesn't have a QB, they originally wanted to draft him, and they haven't been to the playoffs in a while (whereas he led DEN from 1-4 to a divisional PO game), and he couldn't do much worse than their previous QBs

They've changed coaches since then. Yes, Buddy Nix was the GM at that time, but the coach has something to do with players drafted. I don't think they'd trade for him.

As for Tebow, yeah, why is he still a Jet? They signed Garrard, Sanchez and McElroy are still there. I'm surprised they haven't cut him yet.

beastlyskronk
03-14-2013, 07:32 PM
The Jets don't really save much by cutting him. Tebow got an advance in August of 2011 from us, when we traded him to the Jets, the Jets agreed to pay half of it. They have to pay that 1.03 mil this year regardless.

EddieMac
03-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I am more shocked Rex and/or Sanchez are not out the door. Sanchez has a resume that
Includes:

Eating hot dogs during the game
Wiping his boogers on mark Brunell
Running into the butt of his oline

Wow that team is messed up. Tebow is not the circus, he is the distraction from the real one!

Mk2_Tebow
03-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Its nice to see a tebow thread on here that is not 90% bashing him .

Jets are a terrible organization and help destroy the guys career, if he never plays in the NFL again, it was a sad ending indeed.

CoryWinget81
03-18-2013, 07:42 PM
There was an arena team in Florida that's offered Tebow a contract.

He might want to actually go take a look at that. The arena leagues did amazing things for Kurt Warner.

Bernie24
03-18-2013, 10:40 PM
I could see Tebow going to play in Arena for a while if nobody wants him and then attempting a come back maybe.

to the OP I am extremely surprised he is still on the Jets. Same with Sanchez and Ryan. If they had a smart owner/FO they would have cleaned house and got rid of them all. Tebow, Sanchez, Ryan, GM, everyone. Start over with a clean slate, who knows what could happen.

But nah. They're sticking with butt-fumble.

91bronco
03-19-2013, 07:55 AM

From what I remember, due to the contract extension they gave him last year to try and bolster his confidence they would take an enormous cap hit if they cut him. They really screwed the pooch on evaluating his talent but especially doing his contract.

They are also in a very similar situation with Santonio.

Joshua2585
03-19-2013, 08:35 AM
I wonder if the NFL offered the Jets organization something for just eating this Tebowmania thing for awhile. Honestly, at this point... it is about the only thing that makes sense.

EddieMac
03-19-2013, 09:44 AM
There was an arena team in Florida that's offered Tebow a contract.

He might want to actually go take a look at that. The arena leagues did amazing things for Kurt Warner.

Sadly you actually are making a good point about Tebow Corey. Areana league is all about quick release and accuracy. It would def help him in that area. :P

BroncoFanNC
03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
What's more shocking?

Joe Mays still being on our team with a potential savings of $3,333,333 if cut,

Or Tebow being on the Jets with a potential savings of $1,055,000 if cut.

Freyaka
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
I think Garrard should immediately move into the starting qb spot even if he didn't play in a whole year.

Tebow might have to start thinking about indoor football or something.

Garrard has serious back issues...If he starts he won't start for long, I don't know that Tebow even has a shot in AFL since it requires more accuracy than he has availible.

Freyaka
03-20-2013, 09:58 AM
I wonder if the NFL offered the Jets organization something for just eating this Tebowmania thing for awhile. Honestly, at this point... it is about the only thing that makes sense.

What makes a lot more sense is that he embaressed sexy rexy who was supposed to be enough of a genius to shut the read option down and Rex is hanging onto him out of spite.

I don't see any other reason for them to want him. they know what they have (heck they knew it right away last year) yet he's still there...

I wouldn't be suprised if he's an early june cut though if he hasn't moved to the AFL by then or retired to pursue ministry.

Freyaka
03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
What's more shocking?

Joe Mays still being on our team with a potential savings of $3,333,333 if cut,

Or Tebow being on the Jets with a potential savings of $1,055,000 if cut.

Mays won't be cut till june. Something about the way his and kupe's contract are setup allows for less of a cap hit after june from what I read.