PDA

View Full Version : Urlacher, Bears cannot reach a deal.

bears6385
03-20-2013, 04:36 PM
After 13 years 8 pro bowls, and 1 Super Bowl the Urlacher era in Chicago has ended. At 35 I think he has another year left in that old body, hope he can find a contender and go out on a playoff team.:thumb:

BroncoFanBoy
03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
That would be weird to see Urlacher in a different uniform.

InsaneBlaze23
03-20-2013, 07:50 PM
I'd laugh my back side off if he came to Denver and won a Super Bowl. Something he couldn't do in Chicago.

Thors Hammer
03-20-2013, 08:46 PM
I'd laugh my back side off if he came to Denver and won a Super Bowl. Something he couldn't do in Chicago.

I could see him pull a Favre and sign a one year deal with the Packers, if nothing else than to stick it to the Bears organization.

InsaneBlaze23
03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I could see him pull a Favre and sign a one year deal with the Packers, if nothing else than to stick it to the Bears organization.

I just want him to get a ring with someone else. I've always liked Brian, him playing for Denver or Green Bay would make my Madden dreams a reality. I'm happy with either Denver or Green Bay winning a Super Bowl. I'd prefer Denver mainly because Green Bay won recently.

bears6385
03-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Urlacher has to start in a 4-3 defense, so Denver would make sense. The Giants would be another team where Urlacher would fit. The DC there is Perry Fewell who started his coaching career as a DB's coach under Lovie Smith, and knows Urlacher well.

bears6385
03-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I could see him pull a Favre and sign a one year deal with the Packers, if nothing else than to stick it to the Bears organization.Nope............Urlacher is not a fit in GB's 3-4 defense. He is a pure 4-3 MLB. In the NFCN the Vikings would make more sense since they run a base cover two defense similer to what the Bears ran under Lovie.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
After 13 years 8 pro bowls, and 1 Super Bowl the Urlacher era in Chicago has ended. At 35 I think he has another year left in that old body, hope he can find a contender and go out on a playoff team.:thumb:

Must be a sad day for you. I was heart broke when Al Wilson's career ended here in Denver. A hard nosed, playmaking MLB is hard not root for, especially when they're team leaders like that.

InsaneBlaze23
03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Must be a sad day for you. I was heart broke when Al Wilson's career ended here in Denver. A hard nosed, playmaking MLB is hard not root for, especially when they're team leaders like that.

Even worst for Bears fan, he might be intentionally looking to joint a team in the NFC North. He felt disrespected by the Bears, he might look to still it to them. He was Mike & Mike this morning and said "It was like a slap to the face" and "They pretty much refuse to negotiate after the 1yr $2mill offer..."

If I was him, I'd wanna play on a team that plays the Bears this season.

roushmartin6
03-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Can't believe the Bear's didn't bring him back, he was the heart and soul of their defense. It will be interesting to see how they do without him, when he missed the whole year a few years ago they were lost without him

bears6385
03-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Must be a sad day for you. I was heart broke when Al Wilson's career ended here in Denver. A hard nosed, playmaking MLB is hard not root for, especially when they're team leaders like that.Yep, having watched every game of his HOF career it truly is a sad day. On the other hand I think the Bears made the right decision. I don't think Urlacher can play the run well in this defense any longer. At this stage of his career he needs at least one monster run stuffing DT in front of him to help keep him clean. He also no longer has the speed he did a few years ago, so he has to get by on instints and experience. On the right D he can still play at a high level for another year or two.

bears6385
03-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Even worst for Bears fan, he might be intentionally looking to joint a team in the NFC North. He felt disrespected by the Bears, he might look to still it to them. He was Mike & Mike this morning and said "It was like a slap to the face" and "They pretty much refuse to negotiate after the 1yr $2mill offer..."

If I was him, I'd wanna play on a team that plays the Bears this season.Urlacher wants to go out on a contender, and I think he has a visit set up in Denver. I really hope he signs with them. Having Wolfe and Knighton in front of him would really help in his run support.

Remedy
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
I would be shocked if we brought in BU to be honest I think he hangs 'em up

bears6385
03-23-2013, 08:56 AM
I would be shocked if we brought in BU to be honest I think he hangs 'em upUrlacher has already said retirement is not an option as long as he can get someone to pay him 3 mill. per season. He is stlll worth that if he is over last years injuries.

CanDB
03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Urlacher wants to go out on a contender, and I think he has a visit set up in Denver. I really hope he signs with them. Having Wolfe and Knighton in front of him would really help in his run support.

Do you really believe he's coming to Denver, or maybe you heard some rumour of some kind.......reason being, I'd be ok with giving him a shot here. I believe he has one good year left in him, and he sure would add some veteran leadership on D.

beastlyskronk
03-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Urlacher wants to go out on a contender, and I think he has a visit set up in Denver. I really hope he signs with them. Having Wolfe and Knighton in front of him would really help in his run support.

I know John Clayton listed us as a possible destination but I don't think he has a visit set up. I really don't see us bringing in Urlacher unless Irving has a disappointing TC. Last year in TC he was kind of bad against the run, generally attacking the wrong gap, kind of like Joe Mays would do in games. They put him at SLB because he can't really pick a wrong gap considering how often he's in the backfield disrupting the play. He's not a read and react type of LB, but hopefully with Knighton/Vickerson in front of him he'll up his performance. Basically I don't see us bringing in Urlacher until preseason and I'm sure someone will pick him up by then.

bears6385
03-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Do you really believe he's coming to Denver, or maybe you heard some rumour of some kind.......reason being, I'd be ok with giving him a shot here. I believe he has one good year left in him, and he sure would add some veteran leadership on D.Heard it on the radio coming home from work, so I don't know how accurate the report is. As a huge Urlacher fan I hope he plays one more year and goes out on top, not standing on the sideline injured. I think Denver would be a perfect landing spot for a final Super Bowl run. He is still a three down LB and even at 35 he is better than any MLB on your roster.

CanDB
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Heard it on the radio coming home from work, so I don't know how accurate the report is. As a huge Urlacher fan I hope he plays one more year and goes out on top, not standing on the sideline injured. I think Denver would be a perfect landing spot for a final Super Bowl run. He is still a three down LB and even at 35 he is better than any MLB on your roster.

I'd be happy with him wearing Orange & Blue. He would elevate a D that is already pretty solid. Anytime a QB sees Urlacher staring him down, it can't be a comforting feeling. For me it's either Nate Irving's shot at the job, a high draft pick, or BU......for this one year, he could put us over the top.

Frankenpost
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Why would the Broncos bring in a 1 legged middle linebacker who can only play 2 downs for 5mill a year? Because thats what he wants.

He's not the Urlacher of say...5 years ago.

Theres a reason 32 teams in FA haven't signed him to a contract yet going on 2 weeks now.

He's old, he should of robbed the Bears the 2mill they offered. :coffee: