PDA

View Full Version : Would we have won the playoff game with Tebow

kuyyo_morro
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Tebow's run option would have got us the first down when it mattered and closed the game down there.

Manning is great to get us points on the board, but Tebow would have finished the deal with his clutch play. This is not a Tebow vs Manning thread, but using the correct players in correct times.

Tebow as backup would be the problem solver if such a situation comes where we dont have a proper RB and we need to kill the clock.

When we need points use PFM, else go for a running QB. Not sure about Brock.

BroncosFanInPA
03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh boy this won't end well. :nono:

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 03:43 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1335/89/1335891301503.jpg

Remedy
03-27-2013, 03:45 PM
----> :coffee:

Houshmazode
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
We would never have been playing a home playoff game in the divisional round with Tebow.

Sam_Z
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Tebow is a fantastic guy but no way we score 35 points on Baltimores defense with Tebow! Heck I'm not sure we'd have been anything more than a wildcard team with Tebow... No disrespect toward Tebow but it is what it is...

AdamWeberOrBust
03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
We would've been smashed like we were smashed against New England the year before.

Call Manning a choker all you want but Baltimore won on a fluke, if we had Timmy we would've been obliterated.

CoryWinget81
03-27-2013, 03:57 PM
So you're saying we needed a running back to close it out the game? I agree. Who knows how Tebow would have been in that game. Flacco made it to sb mvp by throwing up prayers,
And Tebow is awesome praying!

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Kuyyo_Morro I realize you are new to the board, but I think you and Cory are going to get along well, he is the biggest Tebow fan on the boards. :D

kuyyo_morro
03-27-2013, 04:00 PM
The situation we were in was 2 mins to go, get a first down. That would have sealed the deal. Our coaching all season was run-run-run whenever we had a lead.

In a situation like the one we were in (lack of RB at that time), a running QB would have helped.

kuyyo_morro
03-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Kuyyo_Morro I realize you are new to the board, but I think you and Cory are going to get along well, he is the biggest Tebow fan on the boards. :D

A Broncos fan here with a #18 jersey.

This Is Donny
03-27-2013, 04:04 PM
The offence and special teams scored points in the game against the ravens, whether we had tebow at the time begs a question, would a last minute comeback help the defence performance overall? And would it had been a comeback?

CoryWinget81
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
The situation we were in was 2 mins to go, get a first down. That would have sealed the deal. Our coaching all season was run-run-run whenever we had a lead.

In a situation like the one we were in (lack of RB at that time), a running QB would have helped.

But with the running Qb that cant throw we wouldn't have been tied 35-35.

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
To suggest we would have been better putting a QB who can't throw into the game over a HoF QB in Peyton Manning maybe the most asinine thing I have read this week.

Sam_Z
03-27-2013, 04:07 PM
In all honesty or maybe just in my opinion but we would have never been in the position we were in if we had Tebow behind center. Like I said no disrespect for Tebow but it just don't happen.

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
A Broncos fan here with a #18 jersey.

Nice. :confused:

I have an 18 too.... And a few 7's... And an 80.... And a 15.... And an 8.... And a 58.... Am I playing this game right? :confused:

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
I have an 8 jersey and a 67 jersey a 5 a 3 and an 09...
who can I turn tooooooo

oh damn you TOMMY TUTONE!

CoryWinget81
03-27-2013, 04:11 PM
I think im the only person alive that doesn't own a manning jersey.

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM

What jersey do you usually wear? Or do you not wear jerseys?

This Is Donny
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM

That makes 2 of us then! Can't get a real Manning top here in the UK :-(

CoryWinget81
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
What jersey do you usually wear? Or do you not wear jerseys?

I stopped buying them. My next one will be customized with my own name and number on it. I can't be traded or cut!

...why does my caller ID say Elway, John right now..?

johntbronco
03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
It totally cracks me up how these Tebow things keep on comming up! I gotta admit there is sometimes some "majic" that Tebow brings to the table. And I was happy that Fox brought it out of him that 2011 season. It was EXCITING being there for those last minute games. But...really...hes just not that good of a passer! He's going to have a hard time even finding a backup position on a team. Thats just the way it is! Hopefully someone will find a way to use him. I wish him luck. Just not for the Broncos anymore.

broncolee
03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
The Broncos would have won the game if the refs hadn't decided that they weren't going to throw flags for pass interference against the Ravens at any point in the post season.

They might have won the game if the refs hadn't called a phantom hold on the Broncos' offense.

They would have won the game if Prater doesn't kick the dirt before he kicks the ball.

Not having Tebow is a non-issue.

The Broncos lost because of bad defense, bad officiating, and a missed kick, in that order.

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:17 PM
I stopped buying them. My next one will be customized with my own name and number on it. I can't be traded or cut!

...why does my caller ID say Elway, John right now..?

:laugh: true... I've never been a fan of the customized ones.

I've owned a jersey for pretty much every starting QB since Elway (except Cutler I hated him from the start) but I almost always stick to wearing my 90s Elway jersey (the one in my Avi)

You are just as safe buying an Elway, TD, McCaffery, Atwater Ect jersey because they can't be traded either. ;)

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
My next custom Jersey will say "remedy" on the back so when I walk around Mile High everyone i've ever infracted can throw beers at me.

CoryWinget81
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
:laugh: true... I've never been a fan of the customized ones.

I've owned a jersey for pretty much every starting QB since Elway (except Cutler I hated him from the start) but I almost always stick to wearing my 90s Elway jersey (the one in my Avi)

You are just as safe buying an Elway, TD, McCaffery, Atwater Ect jersey because they can't be traded either. ;)

I want to turn my authentic cutler jersey into a Brister jersey. :D

crash123go
03-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Lol nope!! Not even close big guy

EddieMac
03-27-2013, 04:23 PM
So I get this right. We get up by 7 near the end of the game. We bench the HOF QB that got us there to put Tebow in to run out the clock with read option. Now really the option part is not really an option because out RB1 is out. Therefore the QB, that everyone knows is going to run it, has a case of fumblitis too.

Nope can't think of a worse plan except for maybe the broncos calling me up to do the same.

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
So I get this right. We get up by 7 near the end of the game. We bench the HOF QB that got us there to put Tebow in to run out the clock with read option. Now really the option part is not really an option because out RB1 is out. Therefore the QB, that everyone knows is going to run it, has a case of fumblitis too.

Nope can't think of a worse plan except for maybe the broncos calling me up to do the same.

You could probably hit a 10 yard throw more accurately.

plus.. technically speaking you've had less fumbles

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:26 PM
I want to turn my authentic cutler jersey into a Brister jersey. :D

Lol DO IT!

Bubby >> Cutler all day every day :laugh.

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:26 PM
My next custom Jersey will say "remedy" on the back so when I walk around Mile High everyone i've ever infracted can throw beers at me.

Now this sounds like a good idea.

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Now this sounds like a good idea.

I thought you might approve.

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I thought you might approve.

While we're at it I will get a flat brimmed hat with IEWT on it, so everyone who thinks I'm awesome (which I assume is everybody) can buy me the beers they decide to not throw at you.

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:31 PM
While we're at it I will get a flat brimmed hat with IEWT on it, so everyone who thinks I'm awesome (which I assume is everybody) can buy me the beers they decide to not throw at you.

That might actually just make your head the target.

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
That might actually just make your head the target.

:laugh:

Good thing my flat brimmed hat will detour any beer from my eyes. ;)

Arch_Angel
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Ahhh, jeez.

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
:laugh:

Good thing my flat brimmed hat will detour any beer from my eyes. ;)

and... as a bonus wrecks a Flat Brimed hat... and hopefully helps end that trend.

BroncoFanBoy
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM
There's a reason he was Sanchez's and McElroy's backup with the Jets.

Hoserman117
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM
hhhhhnnnnnnngggggggggggggg

InElwayWeTrust
03-27-2013, 04:39 PM
I've gotta say I posted that picture at the beginning in a sarcastic manner, but I am pleased with the direction of this thread so far.

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:39 PM
I need a reason to yell Kapoooya now.

Remedy
03-27-2013, 04:40 PM
I've gotta say I posted that picture at the beginning in a sarcastic manner, but I am pleased with the direction of this thread so far.

At this point I have trouble taking any Tebow related thread seriously... Maybe I set a bad example.....

broncoslover115
03-27-2013, 04:42 PM

OMG, my drink just squirted out through my mouth and nose I was laughing so hard. That was a hilarious post.

Seriously, EddieMac, you really don't think that was a good plan? Can't understand why. Love you're ability to state the obvious in such a sardonic tone. You had me rolling. Thanks for the laugh

CoryWinget81
03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
we COULD have used Tebow guys!
Maybe if he had been there to keep peytons coat warm for him and run it out to him during TV timeouts, things might have changed!

Breezer
03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Zzzzzzzzzz!

Sam_Z
03-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Ohhh what side of mile high are you gonna be on! :P

AdamWeberOrBust
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
We could've used Tebow to distract Ray Lewis with an impromptu bible study session.

yaz96
03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh, Jesus.......................

dsmith275
03-27-2013, 05:44 PM
With Tim Tebow we likely would of been 7-9 to 8-8 and out of the playoffs, so we would not even have been in a position to see if he could win us the game.

Brohemoth
03-27-2013, 05:49 PM
We picked up the damn 1st down. The refs threw a phantom flag on Kuper.

This thread pisses me off.

Doogansquest
03-27-2013, 05:58 PM
No. The Broncos would not have won with Tebow. They wouldn't have scored enough. The defense would have been stuck on the field longer after fourteen 3-and-outs in a row. Not even close.

In fact, it's likely the Broncos would have finished around .500 and not made the playoffs. Keep in mind this means other AFC West teams would have had more wins.

psychobilly
03-27-2013, 06:06 PM
4-12 teams generally don't make it to the post season.

broncoslover115
03-27-2013, 06:16 PM
We could've used Tebow to distract Ray Lewis with an impromptu bible study session.

Wow, that too was hilarious. Keep em coming, I got laid off 2 days ago and really needed these laughs.

ManningForLife
03-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Tebow's run option would have got us the first down when it mattered and closed the game down there.

Manning is great to get us points on the board, but Tebow would have finished the deal with his clutch play. This is not a Tebow vs Manning thread, but using the correct players in correct times.

Tebow as backup would be the problem solver if such a situation comes where we dont have a proper RB and we need to kill the clock.

Is Tebow still in NFL?. Just curious.

johnjoda
03-27-2013, 08:08 PM

The team with the most points wins. It is good to have a qb who can put point on the board ...and throw..

GoManning
03-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Wow, that too was hilarious. Keep em coming, I got laid off 2 days ago and really needed these laughs.

Sorry to hear that.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/39d63c5564f09405301ea58510a6b1a5/tumblr_mjypm4v5eS1r4ipy3o6_250.gif

Luckyshot
03-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Tebow Truths Number 1.

Tebow had the potential to be the greatest

Fullback/Tight End hybrid of all time.

denver11tebow
03-27-2013, 09:19 PM
:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

Blondie79
03-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Tebow is not a bronco anymore, we would not have won with tebow, these topics annoy me... move on.

And thats coming from someone who likes tebow, and followed through college...

gaberox
03-27-2013, 09:50 PM
What hes saying is Tebow as a situational short yardage qb behind Manning. Not Tebow starting 16 games.

Luckyshot
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
What hes saying is Tebow as a situational short yardage qb behind Manning. Not Tebow starting 16 games.

Change QB to FB/TE and you got a winner.

Tebow Truths Number 2.

Pride is considered a deadly sin,but Tebow was too proud to try a different position.

FabrizioHC
03-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Would we have gotten the #1 seed with Tebow?

Would we have won 13 games with Tebow?

Would DT and Decker pass the 1,000 yard mark with Tebow?

rush_limbaughII
03-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Could this be tebow?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1583214-time-has-never-been-better-for-a-gay-nfl-player-to-come-out

Broncoholic3233
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM

TheArtofManning
03-28-2013, 04:50 AM
I find it hard to believe that any knowlegable NFL fan, is fixated on Tim Tebow.
What you are saying, is that Elway and 31 other NFL team principals, are too stupid to see what Tebow brings to a team, and by extension, they've ignored him.
Why would this be the case?

Get this through your heads: Football is a team sport. What happens in a particular game or a moment during a game, has no bearing on the future. The moment in time that was the Broncos victory over the Steelers in the playoff, is in no way a predictor of the future. It was an 8-8 team that won a game. The next week they were totally outclassed. Tebow gave the Broncos no viable way to move forward.That was determined by people that are paid large sums of money to make these types of decisions.

Ask yourselves this: Why is Tebow not a starter in the NFL? There is a reason for this.

BroncoFanDK
03-28-2013, 05:21 AM

I love Tebow the football player (though I could do without the religious stuff), but Ravens the way they played in the divisional round were tough to beat. Seeing the game there is no way that Tebow would have matched Manning before Knowshawn was injured. Second half and overtime however Manning was not impressive, and I think Tebow has different tools and might have been more effective.

All in all though I have not been impressed with the way McCoy and others have worked with the QB's under Fox's helm. McDaniels had a vision for Tebow, and I am sure that TT could have developed way more. On the other hand I don't think that Tebow would have developed enough under the current regime to even come close to match Peyton.

Stats says that in the NFL he has lost every game where we have given up more than 33 points and only lost one where opponents scored less. Stats and sentiment says no - Tebow would have moments but on that day it is hard to see that we would have succeeded, but then most said the same before the Steelers game.

I would have loved to see Tebow develop as our QB, but Manning right now is significantly better

PowderAddict
03-28-2013, 06:13 AM
All this hate for the guy that helped turn the team around from 1-4 and helped the Broncos win their only playoff game in the last 6 years.

No, Tebow would not have been better than Manning. But there are situations where he might help the team. I don't believe 3rd and 7 is one of those, but I also dont believe running the ball there was the right call, either. You pay Manning $18mill to get that 1st down.

Capt. Jack
03-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Manning had the game on ice! It Was what 3 and 17 up by 7 points with 30 seconds left. We had them, AND WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK, SO CROWN THERE ASSES!

jbrewer
03-28-2013, 06:21 AM
If Tebow is really that good. Then why is he not someone's starting QB? I like the kid as a person. But all owners and all coaches can't be wrong. Arm chair QBing is just silly. Not sure if you watched all the games. But our offense was amazing. 13 and 3....

BroncoFanDK
03-28-2013, 07:06 AM
I find it hard to believe that any knowlegable NFL fan, is fixated on Tim Tebow.
What you are saying, is that Elway and 31 other NFL team principals, are too stupid to see what Tebow brings to a team, and by extension, they've ignored him.
Why would this be the case?

Get this through your heads: Football is a team sport. What happens in a particular game or a moment during a game, has no bearing on the future. The moment in time that was the Broncos victory over the Steelers in the playoff, is in no way a predictor of the future. It was an 8-8 team that won a game. The next week they were totally outclassed. Tebow gave the Broncos no viable way to move forward.That was determined by people that are paid large sums of money to make these types of decisions.

Ask yourselves this: Why is Tebow not a starter in the NFL? There is a reason for this.

It can also be difficult to see why so many are fixated on what Tebow cannot do instead of what he can do. Football is a team game, and the team that made the playoffs was not the team that started 1-4, but the team that finished 7-4.

You can talk about the eye test, the completion rates where Tebow does not do well, but you can also talk about big plays, scoring percentage, negative plays percentage.

Fact is the Stellers win is remembered for the OT TD, but it is not remembered that TT had the team playing so well that without Bailey dropping what should have been an INT, getting burned and McGahee fumbling this win should have been unspectacular.

You can also talk about a QB that in spite of his team sending his best target off (BLloyd) still managed to win all except one game where the opponents scored less than 33 points.

How many other QB's are deemed worthless because they loose to the Patriots twice. How many QBs in their first season starting has a few bad games. Was Mannings 3-13 season more impressive?

No Tebow has a lot of flaws, but if you look at achievement few QB's match his accomplishments. He is very unique and comes with the baggage of the freak crowd, but he has achieved more than most QBs with similar experience

fightinglee
03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
All this hate for the guy that helped turn the team around from 1-4 and helped the Broncos win their only playoff game in the last 6 years.

No, Tebow would not have been better than Manning. But there are situations where he might help the team. I don't believe 3rd and 7 is one of those, but I also dont believe running the ball there was the right call, either. You pay Manning $18mill to get that 1st down.

Agreed. Tebow made that season exciting and took our broncos the playoffs and had that game ending play with pitt that i will always remember. That was quite the turnaround, and I give no credit to Fox for it, because I think he just threw tebow out there hoping he would fail and then we could move on. Anyway, denver fans should have no reason to dislike Tebow or speak ill of him. His religious stuff can be pretty annoying, but I just try to focus on what he did as far as making that season turn into something.

Still, I would never support the, bring in another QB to replace Manning on 3rd down. That is a complete joke. Tebow had a terrible terrible 3rd down conversion rate. On third down you remove manning so that you can run it up the middle with Tebow? What? The problem there was not Manning, it was Fox and his conservative choice. We had the right players on the field. What we didnt have was a playcall that made sense.

broncolee
03-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Just because the tag team quarterbacking worked at Florida, it doesn't mean that it works in the NFL.

OrangeCrushem
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Would we have gotten the #1 seed with Tebow?

Yes...In the 2013 NFL Draft :D

C'mon folks..Tebow is gone and he'll never be back. He did, however, make watching Broncos football fun again, and for that I'm certainly grateful he was here. He's a good guy and I hope he finds a team willing to give him a shot. If not, he'll be fine doing other things. There aren't a ton of pro athletes you can say that about, and that's a testimony to his character.

Manning needs to prove THIS YEAR he can win the big one. As others have stated, he has an sub-mediocre record when it comes to the playoffs, and a Super Bowl win would snap all of that into perspective, IMHO.

TheAnimalYears
03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Tebow. Lulz.

Bernie24
03-28-2013, 10:34 AM
stahp

pls.

Chronoless
03-28-2013, 10:34 AM
That you Tebow?

theshiverman
03-28-2013, 10:50 AM

If he was playing FS....ok, i would say yes

TheArtofManning
03-28-2013, 11:15 AM

C'mon folks..Tebow is gone and he'll never be back. He did, however, make watching Broncos football fun again, and for that I'm certainly grateful he was here. He's a good guy and I hope he finds a team willing to give him a shot. If not, he'll be fine doing other things. There aren't a ton of pro athletes you can say that about, and that's a testimony to his character.

Manning needs to prove THIS YEAR he can win the big one. As others have stated, he has an sub-mediocre record when it comes to the playoffs, and a Super Bowl win would snap all of that into perspective, IMHO.

I think the Broncos need to prove they can win the big one.

redneckrocker
03-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Can we get past Tebow please!!! I like the guy, but he ain't here and he ain't coming back, stop the what if scenarios and focus on the here and now!!

86Elwayfan
03-28-2013, 12:02 PM

You want me to throw 8 dollars at you no thank you! :P

BRONCOLT
03-29-2013, 06:24 AM

First, your a bafoon if you think the Broncos would have sniffed the playoffs with Tebow. Second, move on. This crap is getting old. Third, this is what i call Trolling and Baiting. Have a nice day.

Freyaka
03-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Not a freaking chance! We wouldn't have MADE the playoffs with Tebow much less won a game...If we had made the playoffs it wouldn't have been with the #1 seed and 13-3 record...no, we are FAAAAAAR better off with PFM!

fairweatherh8r
03-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Robbie Tebow really needs to find something better to do with his time...

BroncoReg
03-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Not a freaking chance! We wouldn't have MADE the playoffs with Tebow much less won a game...If we had made the playoffs it wouldn't have been with the #1 seed and 13-3 record...no, we are FAAAAAAR better off with PFM!

I don't think the OP is saying that we would have gotten to where we were with Tebow as the starting quarterback. I believe he is saying that if Tebow was the back up we could have put in a special package to get the first down.

Either way I don't think you ever pull Peyton Manning off the field in that scenario.

jaytea11
03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
This is all I could think of,OP......:confused:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/427069_3419724009084_1528409775_n.jpg

AdamWeberOrBust
03-29-2013, 08:43 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SuCpMPrOj30/Tid7V0lOl3I/AAAAAAAAAIk/7dsd8YE5XoA/s1600/lombardi.jpg

He's already won a Super Bowl unless you think he needs more than one...

TheArtofManning
03-29-2013, 09:25 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SuCpMPrOj30/Tid7V0lOl3I/AAAAAAAAAIk/7dsd8YE5XoA/s1600/lombardi.jpg

True.
Interesting.....how many times have you ever heard Favre being criticised for only "winning" one Ring?
That's all Favre has, but he seems to get a pass from the pundits.
How many times have you seen Bradshaw listed among the best of the best? (You haven't and he wasn't)
He has 4 Rings.

The idea that a QB is judged by his Championships has always baffled and eluded me. Football being such a team sport and all.
I've used the Elway example and it bears repeating. Elway was a "choker" (their words, not mine) for virtually his entire career. Then at the very end, he gets back to back Rings on an excellent team, and all of a sudden he's "in the club" of the best of the best. To me, whether or not he got a Ring made no difference in his status, yet much of the sports media world sees it differently.

No matter. The Broncos are getting to SB XLVIII, book it fanbase.

simplistickhaos
03-29-2013, 09:30 AM
True.
Interesting.....how many times have you ever heard Favre being criticised for only "winning" one Ring?
How many times have you seen Bradshaw listed among the best of the best? (You haven't and he wasn't)
He has 4 Rings.

The idea that a QB is judged by his Championships has always baffled and eluded me. Football being such a team sport and all.
I've used the Elway example and it bears repeating. Elway was a "choker" (their words, not mine) for virtually his entire career. Then at the very end, he gets back to back Rings on an excellent team, and all of a sudden he's "in the club" of the best of the best. To me, whether or not he got a Ring made no difference in his status, yet much of the sports media world sees it differently.

Best post of the thread. People still talk about Marino as being amazing but he has none. Couldn't agree with you more.

TheArtofManning
03-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Best post of the thread. People still talk about Marino as being amazing but he has none. Couldn't agree with you more.

Marino was fantastic. He got to SB XIX in his 2nd season and the Dolphins got thrashed by the 49ers.
Marino said many years later, that being only his 2nd season, he thought he'd play in more SBs.
He never got back to the dance. You just never know what fates await you.

Capt. Jack
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Could you imagine Tebow to the OAKLAND RAIDERS ! Everyone in the black hole "Tebowing" I think Tebow to the Raiders would be perfect for Tim!

fairweatherh8r
03-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Could you imagine Tebow to the OAKLAND RAIDERS ! Everyone in the black hole "Tebowing" I think Tebow to the Raiders would be perfect for Tim!LOL I don't even think the lowly Raiders would want him around...Pryor>Teebs

22cannon
03-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Not that Tebow would have been beneficial at times last year on short yardage downs, The Broncos fixed that problem this year by signing Welker.

22cannon
03-29-2013, 11:15 AM
True.
He has 4 Rings.

Put all The blame on Bradshaw for his jealousy of Elway before he won the SuperBowls, he's the reason for the championship measuring stick.

WoolfolksUncle
03-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Manning and the passing game carried us all season. We would have had to play the week before if we had made the playoffs and the Three TDs Manning threw in the BMore game, Tebow could not have thrown with that accuracy. Also, Baltimore would have expected Tebow to run... Ray Ray was praying the whole time "No Weapon".... He would have unarmed Tebow behind the lines.....

TheArtofManning
03-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Put all The blame on Bradshaw for his jealousy of Elway before he won the SuperBowls, he's the reason for the championship measuring stick.

I did not know that, but now that you mention it, once that doofus got into broadcasting, he probably started telling anyone and everyone who would listen, about his 4 Rings.
Those Steeler teams were decent right?.........

BroncoFanDK
03-29-2013, 02:39 PM

I sure do, because if he does not bring a SuperBowl to Denver again, it will have been a mistake to bring him in. We got rid of a QB that in his first two seasons (roughly 1 as a starter), turned around the worst team Broncos has had in 40 years, and took it to a huge playoff victory.

We had a young rough unpolished QB with a HUGE UPSIDE and a lot of flaws. A young QB that outperformed the best two QBs ever to dress in Broncos colors (Elway and Manning) in their same amount of starts. The fact is that Tebow succeded in spite of our best reciever being traded for nothing right when Tebow won the starting job. Tebow has a lot of flaws as a player, but he had an amazing impact on the team.

With Tebow we had a QB that could be our longterm starter and improve year after year. We got Peyton in to win now, and win a SuperBowl, so anyone that doesn't believe that Manning NEEDS another ring should not support us having him.

Peyton is great but in decline, and the only legitimate reason to get him was the goal of winning a SB either this season or next. If that is not the outcome it might prove dumb to not just roll with the bible boy!

TheArtofManning
03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
I sure do, because if he does not bring a SuperBowl to Denver again, it will have been a mistake to bring him in. We got rid of a QB that in his first two seasons (roughly 1 as a starter), turned around the worst team Broncos has had in 40 years, and took it to a huge playoff victory.

We had a young rough unpolished QB with a HUGE UPSIDE and a lot of flaws. A young QB that outperformed the best two QBs ever to dress in Broncos colors (Elway and Manning) in their same amount of starts. The fact is that Tebow succeded in spite of our best reciever being traded for nothing right when Tebow won the starting job. Tebow has a lot of flaws as a player, but he had an amazing impact on the team.

With Tebow we had a QB that could be our longterm starter and improve year after year. We got Peyton in to win now, and win a SuperBowl, so anyone that doesn't believe that Manning NEEDS another ring should not support us having him.

Peyton is great but in decline, and the only legitimate reason to get him was the goal of winning a SB either this season or next. If that is not the outcome it might prove dumb to not just roll with the bible boy!

No, just no.
He was an anomaly, and aberration.
If he "could have been a long term starter".........then why does NO other team sign him?
You are focussing on one particular game (the win against Pittsburgh) and extrapolating that result, as an indication of future success. It just doesn't work that way.
You are assuming that results such as that playoff win, would have been forthcoming.
Elway decided to move another way, because the style of offense is not considered a recipe for success in the NFL, or at least with Tebow running it.

BroncoFanDK
03-30-2013, 04:37 AM
No, just no.
He was an anomaly, and aberration.
If he "could have been a long term starter".........then why does NO other team sign him?
You are focussing on one particular game (the win against Pittsburgh) and extrapolating that result, as an indication of future success. It just doesn't work that way.
You are assuming that results such as that playoff win, would have been forthcoming.
Elway decided to move another way, because the style of offense is not considered a recipe for success in the NFL, or at least with Tebow running it.

Your name in this forum pretty much gives you away in terms of where you are coming from. No while Tebow played excellent against the Steelers, one great game does not begin to describe it.

You have a term that says "what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander". When you make claims like "You are assuming that results such as that playoff win, would have been forthcoming", offcause we both hold onto things that are at best assumptions and predictions.

Broncos since Elway (and until Peyton) has been a team that was defined by ugly gritty wins. Elway played lousy in large parts of games - as a certain player debated here - and had magical moments. Elway was more than anything defined by the highlight reels and the mind boggling plays that left you in amazement, and for never being out of a game. Elway to me was more defined by his competitiveness and grit than the arm that everyone marvels about.

Lets forget the Griese years!

Enter Jake Plummer - considered a bust in Arizona - who again was an amazing ugly win QB that was able to lift the whole team up. Stats were not impressive, except for the RB stats that were mainly set up by the best Bootleg QB I have ever witnessed, and then the 39-15 W/L record. Jake Plummer as - he who shall not be named - led the team, everyone had his back, he had theirs and the only thing that really stopped him from achieving greatness in the eyes of most was a certain Peyton Manning owned him as he owned a certain Tom Brady. Tim Tebow to me had everything I assume Jake Plummer had at the same time in Arizona and more. TIm Tebow to me could be a better version of Jake.

Enter the stat boy with the 100 million $ arm and the 10 cent brain. Amazing physical abilities - very similar to John Elway, but absolutely no leadership skills, one idiotic decision with the ball after another. Moving the ball better than before in Bronco history from redzone to redzone, and throwing everything away when we needed him to step up.

Enter Orton - 6 games but then lets just move on...

Tim Tebow - as I don't have to live with his religious stands or that him starting is some sort of a racial slur - I must say that the Tebow hate for whatever reason is mind numbing. The kid took a joke of a team at the time, and a management team that did much to make the situation worse, and took it on a 6 game winning streak and a 3 game loosing streak, and then the haters extrapolate that the 3 games lost mean a lot more than the 6 games won. Two games lost to the Patriots - is that really a predictor or a fair gage that a QB is worthless? I can think of another QB that has not had that much success against the Patriots defense, and where I am sure that die hard Manning fans would excuse that.

Sorry TheArtofManning but Tim Tebow did a whole lot more than play against the Steelers, and there is probably a reason that he was voted in the top 100 players of 2011. If you look at the games he played in 2010 as opposed to the ones he played under the Fox/Elway regime those were much more polished and much more promising. Scoring was better with a significantly worse defense (having Doomerville back and getting Von Miller sure helped).

Tebow's biggest problem is not his QB skills but the rabid love and hate crowd. Cam Newton is a general consensus great QB, but what has he done? Sam Bradford has e much better skillset than Tebow according to most, but... John Elway was said to be very interested in Blaine Gabbert coming out - would that have been a good choice.

Fact with Tebow is that he had immense success in High School, College, and set many benchmarks in NFL in very few starts. He outperformed Peyton Manning in College, in his early starts...

I never liked Jay Cutler as I don't see historic failure, poor attitude and a great skillset as a predictor of success. I see Tebow as a player that has many flaws to fix and is able to carry a team in spite of that. I have a lot more confidence in someone fixing Tebow's mechanics than someone fixing Cutlers brain.

Tebow is an out of the standard mold QB. Josh McDaniels believed he could be an elite unconventional starter - and thus far he has been proven more right than wrong. With Tebow as a starter there was ONE close game we lost (7-1 in close games), and with Orton we lost games by narrow margins all the time, and with Manning we were 1-3 in close games.

It might be "the hand of god", it might be coincidental or it might just be an amazing stat that actually mirrors a lot of what Tom Brady did early where his stardom was gained based on winning the close ones, and in the same process smearing Peyton with the slur associated.

Peyton Manning is an amazing QB, but there is no reason to smear the accomplishments of Tebow as a Bronco.

BroncoFanDK
03-30-2013, 04:47 AM
True.

The difference is that Peyton Manning is consistently being talked about in the sense that he could be the best QB of all times, yet amongst his contemporaries it is stacked up as follows;

Tom Brady - 5. SB appearances 3 rings
Big Ben - 3. SB appearances 2 rings
Eli Manning - 2. SB appearances 2 rings'
Peyton Manning - 2. SB appearances 1 rings

I know that it is semi illoyal here but how can we put Peyton ahead the others on this list?

Peyton needs to do more in the post season to claim the throne that his regular season performances justify.

TheArtofManning
03-30-2013, 05:23 AM
The difference is that Peyton Manning is consistently being talked about in the sense that he could be the best QB of all times, yet amongst his contemporaries it is stacked up as follows;

Tom Brady - 5. SB appearances 3 rings
Big Ben - 3. SB appearances 2 rings
Eli Manning - 2. SB appearances 2 rings'
Peyton Manning - 2. SB appearances 1 rings

I know that it is semi illoyal here but how can we put Peyton ahead the others on this list?

Peyton needs to do more in the post season to claim the throne that his regular season performances justify.

If you are using Championships as the ultimate qualifier for a QB, then, no, Manning is no where on your list. Terry Bradshaw of course would also be way ahead of a John Elway, Dan Marino would be relagated behind scores of QBs and the all time stat leader Favre, would be rated just as low as the lowly Peyton Manning. Understand, it's perfectly OK for you to do this. It's all just subjective

IBut remember, it's not Peyton making the claim, it's the media.
Manning has never said "I rank here" or above this guy or that guy. It's all a media and fan creation. We have our favourites. As a fan, I would want to see another Ring or two, primarily to silence the critics, who often have no clue what they're talking about.
Separating a QB from the team is impossible. It's about being in the right place at the right time.

It's been my observation that Manning is very much respected amongst his peers in the NFL, and by that I mean the players and coaching staffs. I think he's more respected at his position that any other QB. Maybe that's his ranking.

THEdraftnik
03-30-2013, 07:09 AM
Tebow fan here.

I think there is a chance we win at Baltimore with Tebow. If we had the magic or luck on our side we win that game.

That being said, we don't get to that game with Tebow. Best case scenario he goes 9-7 and we play a team like Baltimore or Cincy in the wild card.

And the chance that Tebow beats Baltimore in the divisional round isn't close to the percent Peyton brings.

LSIGRAD09
03-30-2013, 07:40 AM

You assume that he would have gotten us to a point where we could have won. Baltimore's D would have destroyed him by then.

TheArtofManning
03-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Your name in this forum pretty much gives you away in terms of where you are coming from. No while Tebow played excellent against the Steelers, one great game does not begin to describe it.

You have a term that says "what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander". When you make claims like "You are assuming that results such as that playoff win, would have been forthcoming", offcause we both hold onto things that are at best assumptions and predictions.

Broncos since Elway (and until Peyton) has been a team that was defined by ugly gritty wins. Elway played lousy in large parts of games - as a certain player debated here - and had magical moments. Elway was more than anything defined by the highlight reels and the mind boggling plays that left you in amazement, and for never being out of a game. Elway to me was more defined by his competitiveness and grit than the arm that everyone marvels about.

Enter Jake Plummer - considered a bust in Arizona - who again was an amazing ugly win QB that was able to lift the whole team up. Stats were not impressive, except for the RB stats that were mainly set up by the best Bootleg QB I have ever witnessed, and then the 39-15 W/L record. Jake Plummer as - he who shall not be named - led the team, everyone had his back, he had theirs and the only thing that really stopped him from achieving greatness in the eyes of most was a certain Peyton Manning owned him as he owned a certain Tom Brady. Tim Tebow to me had everything I assume Jake Plummer had at the same time in Arizona and more. TIm Tebow to me could be a better version of Jake.

Enter the stat boy with the 100 million $ arm and the 10 cent brain. Amazing physical abilities - very similar to John Elway, but absolutely no leadership skills, one idiotic decision with the ball after another. Moving the ball better than before in Bronco history from redzone to redzone, and throwing everything away when we needed him to step up.

Tim Tebow - as I don't have to live with his religious stands or that him starting is some sort of a racial slur - I must say that the Tebow hate for whatever reason is mind numbing. The kid took a joke of a team at the time, and a management team that did much to make the situation worse, and took it on a 6 game winning streak and a 3 game loosing streak, and then the haters extrapolate that the 3 games lost mean a lot more than the 6 games won. Two games lost to the Patriots - is that really a predictor or a fair gage that a QB is worthless? I can think of another QB that has not had that much success against the Patriots defense, and where I am sure that die hard Manning fans would excuse that.

Sorry TheArtofManning but Tim Tebow did a whole lot more than play against the Steelers, and there is probably a reason that he was voted in the top 100 players of 2011. If you look at the games he played in 2010 as opposed to the ones he played under the Fox/Elway regime those were much more polished and much more promising. Scoring was better with a significantly worse defense (having Doomerville back and getting Von Miller sure helped).

Tebow's biggest problem is not his QB skills but the rabid love and hate crowd. Cam Newton is a general consensus great QB, but what has he done? Sam Bradford has e much better skillset than Tebow according to most, but... John Elway was said to be very interested in Blaine Gabbert coming out - would that have been a good choice.

Fact with Tebow is that he had immense success in High School, College, and set many benchmarks in NFL in very few starts. He outperformed Peyton Manning in College, in his early starts...

I never liked Jay Cutler as I don't see historic failure, poor attitude and a great skillset as a predictor of success. I see Tebow as a player that has many flaws to fix and is able to carry a team in spite of that. I have a lot more confidence in someone fixing Tebow's mechanics than someone fixing Cutlers brain.

Tebow is an out of the standard mold QB. Josh McDaniels believed he could be an elite unconventional starter - and thus far he has been proven more right than wrong. With Tebow as a starter there was ONE close game we lost (7-1 in close games), and with Orton we lost games by narrow margins all the time, and with Manning we were 1-3 in close games.

It might be "the hand of god", it might be coincidental or it might just be an amazing stat that actually mirrors a lot of what Tom Brady did early where his stardom was gained based on winning the close ones, and in the same process smearing Peyton with the slur associated.

Peyton Manning is an amazing QB, but there is no reason to smear the accomplishments of Tebow as a Bronco.

Well, that was a long one, and well thought.
I have nothing against Tebow. Honestly. You have to remember: And I''l say it. I would be a fan of whatever team that Manning had gone to after Indy. I'm on this forum due to Manning, not the Broncos. By extension, I've come to know the Broncos, and appreciate the talent that this team has.
As far as Brady is concerned, I absolutely can't stand him, his persona, his team, or his coach. Period.
His Rings came early in his career, well before he started putting up great regular season stats. Now that he puts up great stats, his team falls short in the postseason.
Eli is a great kid, and I root for him all the time. He's not on his brother's ;evel, that much is certain.
Roethlisberger? Big tough dude, stays in the pocket too long, but I'll give him high marks for tenacity.
He was awul in SB40, just awful, but the Steelers won. SB43 he was adequate, Steelers won again.

chad72
03-30-2013, 11:22 AM
You have to look at it objectively as to what went wrong.

Regulation:
First, the game had no business going into OT. Conservative play calling was playing the percentages and the percentages did suggest the Broncos' D should have stopped the Ravens with about 30 seconds to go and 70 yards to tie the game. That obviously did not happen. In football, your players have to execute in order for the percentages to fall in place consistently. In hindsight, yeah, Peyton should have thrown the ball and gone for a first down but then, if a turnover happens, people who are yet to roast him on the coals will join in the Peyton roaster fest :).

Next, OT:
Neither offense was moving the ball for an entire first OT, that is where I felt conservative playcalling happened. Some shots needed to be taken down the field to at least put Matt Prater in range for a game winning FG. That did not happen. Again, it is a combination of coaches and QB here. So, the Ravens finally won a war of attrition which waited for the first mistake to happen which happened in the 2nd OT. I remember Eli vs the 49ers in the NFCCG in 2011 en route to his 2nd SB. Eli did nothing to move the ball past the 50 yard line of the 49ers but took sacks again and again. Eventually, his ST forced a turnover, and put Tynes in FG range. The difference between the two situations in the first OT, Peyton's team could not force turnovers while Eli's did. Peyton was obviously bothered the longer the game went but I did feel he did everything possible to win the game in regulation and a team coached by Jim/John Harbaugh, Bill Belichick, Tom Coughlin or even Tony Dungy/Gary Kubiak has their safeties in position to close out the game in regulation. That was such a bush league play that it is not even worth re-visiting/re-watching unless you are someone who cherishes watching the Broncos lose.

The reason Peyton is roasted more often is because more is expected of him. You expect him to have the killer instinct to make a throw and execute it to finish the game. You expect him to have the killer instinct to call just one or two plays that take shots down the field in OT to put Prater in FG range at least. But then, I also wonder if such expectations from Peyton happen with teammates too and causes a letdown in level of play. I am saying that because I cannot otherwise explain how Peyton's teams have lost 4th qtr. leads in his last 5 playoff games (24-21 vs Chargers in 2007, 17-14 vs Chargers in 2008 with less than 2 minutes to go, 17-16 vs Saints in 2009, 16-14 vs Jets in 2010 with 53 seconds to go, 35-28 vs Ravens in 2012 with 30 seconds to go).

TheArtofManning
03-30-2013, 12:04 PM
You have to look at it objectively as to what went wrong.

Regulation:
First, the game had no business going into OT. Conservative play calling was playing the percentages and the percentages did suggest the Broncos' D should have stopped the Ravens with about 30 seconds to go and 70 yards to tie the game. That obviously did not happen. In football, your players have to execute in order for the percentages to fall in place consistently. In hindsight, yeah, Peyton should have thrown the ball and gone for a first down but then, if a turnover happens, people who are yet to roast him on the coals will join in the Peyton roaster fest :).

Next, OT:
Neither offense was moving the ball for an entire first OT, that is where I felt conservative playcalling happened. Some shots needed to be taken down the field to at least put Matt Prater in range for a game winning FG. That did not happen. Again, it is a combination of coaches and QB here. So, the Ravens finally won a war of attrition which waited for the first mistake to happen which happened in the 2nd OT. I remember Eli vs the 49ers in the NFCCG in 2011 en route to his 2nd SB. Eli did nothing to move the ball past the 50 yard line of the 49ers but took sacks again and again. Eventually, his ST forced a turnover, and put Tynes in FG range. The difference between the two situations in the first OT, Peyton's team could not force turnovers while Eli's did. Peyton was obviously bothered the longer the game went but I did feel he did everything possible to win the game in regulation and a team coached by Jim/John Harbaugh, Bill Belichick, Tom Coughlin or even Tony Dungy/Gary Kubiak has their safeties in position to close out the game in regulation. That was such a bush league play that it is not even worth re-visiting/re-watching unless you are someone who cherishes watching the Broncos lose.

The reason Peyton is roasted more often is because more is expected of him. You expect him to have the killer instinct to make a throw and execute it to finish the game. You expect him to have the killer instinct to call just one or two plays that take shots down the field in OT to put Prater in FG range at least. But then, I also wonder if such expectations from Peyton happen with teammates too and causes a letdown in level of play. I am saying that because I cannot otherwise explain how Peyton's teams have lost 4th qtr. leads in his last 5 playoff games (24-21 vs Chargers in 2007, 17-14 vs Chargers in 2008 with less than 2 minutes to go, 17-16 vs Saints in 2009, 16-14 vs Jets in 2010 with 53 seconds to go, 35-28 vs Ravens in 2012 with 30 seconds to go).

You may be right about the "letdown" from teammates. No on purpose, of course, but like you say, it may be a psychological reaction , sort of like, "no sweat, Peyton always comes through"

I've posted his postseason stats in the past, and while I won't bother again, it bears repaeting that his postseason numbers are actually decent, on par or just slightly above Brady, which would surprise many.
The QBs (since the 1970 merger) with a better postseason Passer Rating than Manning are:
Brees - 103.9
Rodgers - 103.6
Warner - 102.8
Montana - 95.6
Eli Manning - 89.3

That's it. Peyton is next with 88.4

Some others are: (not a complete list)

Brady - 87.4
Favre - 86.3
Flacco - 86.2
Big Ben - 83.7
Elway - 79.7
Marino - 77.1

Brees and Rodgers still have a relatively low sample set (9 games each), while Warner has 13 games and Eli only 11.
Montana has 23, while Peyton has 20.

The point is, Peyton's postseason stats are good enough to have more than only a 9-11 postseason record.

crash123go
03-30-2013, 02:35 PM

Not even close. At this point I'm glad we have osweiler who has much much much more upside then tebow does as at QB. Tebow just can't consistently throw the ball. Why can't some fans just move on??? Tebow is gone and will be LUCKY to get on another team after the jets cut him

99 Watt Bulb
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
tbow wood help but jj watt woodelf put us over the top but no we draft von :hammer:

Conner13
03-30-2013, 03:02 PM
tbow wood help but jj watt woodelf put us over the top but no we draft von :hammer:
Um, what? I didn't understand a word of that.

99 Watt Bulb
03-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Um, what? I didn't understand a word of that.

watt didint u get

peytonmanners
03-30-2013, 04:13 PM

I refuse to read that wall of text. All in all, would anyone be having this conversation if rahim moore had not misplayed the flacco throw to jacobe jones. I think not. When in fact, if you think about it, the Tebow throw to Bey Bey was bad defense by the Steelers too. Regardless, I have no words to add to this nonsense of people believing Tebow would be able to get the Broncos to the playoffs again.

luvdacolts67
03-30-2013, 04:51 PM

Peyton is great but in decline, and the only legitimate reason to get him was the goal of winning a SB either this season or next. If that is not the outcome it might prove dumb to not just roll with the bible boy! You say he's in decline but he had one of his best seasons last year. Denver will not lose because of Peyton. Denver is in contention BECAUSE of Peyton

crash123go
03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
I refuse to read that wall of text. All in all, would anyone be having this conversation if rahim moore had not misplayed the flacco throw to jacobe jones. I think not. When in fact, if you think about it, the Tebow throw to Bey Bey was bad defense by the Steelers too. Regardless, I have no words to add to this nonsense of people believing Tebow would be able to get the Broncos to the playoffs again.

Ya this probably wouldn't be happening if only champ hadn't given up 2 touchdowns or if prater hadn't missed a field goal or If Chris Harris hadn't dropped a pick or DT would've caught a third down pass late in the game. Lets be honest only one player actually did his job on entire team and that's Holliday

Dakotabroncofan
03-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Ya this probably wouldn't be happening if only champ hadn't given up 2 touchdowns or if prater hadn't missed a field goal or If Chris Harris hadn't dropped a pick or DT would've caught a third down pass late in the game. Lets be honest only one player actually did his job on entire team and that's Holliday
Pretty much sums it up.

#01BroncoFan
03-30-2013, 08:06 PM
I believe that we would have, but it would have been in the last few seconds of the game. Even if we did win with Tebow, it probably would have been by three points or less.

yaz96
03-30-2013, 08:22 PM
watt didint u get

I think your bulb is missing a watt. ;)

99 Watt Bulb
03-30-2013, 08:38 PM
I think your bulb is missing a watt. ;)

My team is missing a watt

CanDB
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
watt the hey???????

CanDB
03-30-2013, 09:08 PM
But now that I am more serious.......

say watt???????????????

CoryWinget81
03-30-2013, 11:30 PM
I love how Tebow is known for one game but the games that bookend it are never mentioned

BroncoFanDK
03-30-2013, 11:53 PM
You say he's in decline but he had one of his best seasons last year. Denver will not lose because of Peyton. Denver is in contention BECAUSE of Peyton

Yes off cause at 37 years of age Peyton is in decline, but from a very high level. The primary thing I am saying though is that Peyton was brought in to win a SuperBowl, and getting into the playoffs is not the yard stick for Peyton. Peyton needs to give us a repeat of our "This One's For John" moment.

What I am saying is that if you go forward to 2016, and if we have not even been to the SB, then we will have given up a young odd QB that was very effective even with his limitations. There is a whole lot better chance that someone can fix Tebow's mechanical flaws and turn him into an elite QB a few years from now, than a chance that Peyton at 40+ is still elite.

Peyton was brought in to win in the playoffs - not just to play well in regular season!

BroncosDivision
03-31-2013, 12:40 AM
I support Tebow (just like I support other players that have left the team) but uh.. I'm glad Peyton is here.

Tebow is no longer a Bronco and I support the Broncos first and foremost. I don't need to make it any more difficult than that. Broncos > player. If the two can't go along, you pick the team first.

PManningTKO
03-31-2013, 06:25 AM
No way Tebow would've put up over 3 TD's to win that game. He may have had a few good comebacks against pretty average/injured teams, but this Ravens team had all there players back and had a much better QB than Tebow. Denver's D committed major errors that was out of Mannings hands. Actually Manning really made no mistakes in regulation. The first INT was a PI and a tipped ball. The "Fumble" was an incomplete pass. Manning threw 3 TD's and got them the go ahead TD. Tebow likely doesn't throw 3 TD's against that team.

Manning18
03-31-2013, 06:47 AM
The reason we lost is because our defence did not play well they gave up 38 points.

CanDB
03-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Page 9.......

:coffee:

(wait a minute, I posted 3 times here......my baaaaad!)

BroncoFanDK
03-31-2013, 08:26 AM
I support Tebow (just like I support other players that have left the team) but uh.. I'm glad Peyton is here.

Tebow is no longer a Bronco and I support the Broncos first and foremost. I don't need to make it any more difficult than that. Broncos > player. If the two can't go along, you pick the team first.

I too am glad Manning is here! He is an amazing QB and a great personality. That being said I think that Tebow is a special player that in the setting can be great, but he needs great coaching. With Fox as the HC I think we are lucky that Manning is there masking the shortcomings of the coaching staff.

All in all loving Peyton as our QB does not negate that he was brought in to win the big one - not just perform at a high level.

No way Tebow would've put up over 3 TD's to win that game. He may have had a few good comebacks against pretty average/injured teams, but this Ravens team had all there players back and had a much better QB than Tebow. Denver's D committed major errors that was out of Mannings hands. Actually Manning really made no mistakes in regulation. The first INT was a PI and a tipped ball. The "Fumble" was an incomplete pass. Manning threw 3 TD's and got them the go ahead TD. Tebow likely doesn't throw 3 TD's against that team.

Peytons was absolutely one of the best players in the game. Though he did cost us the game in the end, he was also amazing in the first half. What Tebow would have been able to do with twice the experience as a starter is anyone's guess, but even with positive development he would likely not be at Mannings level yet.

broncolee
03-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Page 9.......

It's page 4.

You don't have enough posts per page.:P

Mel B.
03-31-2013, 08:51 AM
We would've never sniffed the playoffs this past season with Tebow at QB but more so we'd been closer to having the #1 pick in the upcoming draft.

We didn't make the playoffs the year before because of Tebow we made it in spite of Tebow and more importantly because our division was so pathetic. In other words we didn't truly earn or deserve a playoffs spot the year we went with Tebow but rather we got in by default.

Then we lucked up (again) and played a banged up Steelers team that still took us to OT and we saw what happened the following week when we played a fully armed, good team. That's how we would've got handled all season with Tebow as our QB...especially with the schedule we had to start last season.

broncolee
03-31-2013, 09:14 AM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4f71eff3ecad04ae5c000012-400-300/peyton-manning-denver-broncos.jpg

johntbronco
03-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Page 9.......

You know there is not going on much in Broncoland when the number one post is how Tebow would have saved our franchise!

CanDB
03-31-2013, 09:30 AM
You know there is not going on much in Broncoland when the number one post is how Tebow would have saved our franchise!

I just know someone's going to start up another "McD ruined us...." thread. As I'm sure you know, for a team who has a very special link with horses, we sure know how to beat on them when they're dead!!!! (if you get my drift);)

CoryWinget81
03-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Aww man, page 4 and I forgot to use my favorite Tebow thread gif!

http://comicsandcosplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/joker-and-here-we-go.gif

BroncoStampede
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Would we have won the playoff game with Tebow?

In answer to your question, no.

BroncoFanDK
04-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Would we have won the playoff game with Tebow?

In answer to your question, no.

Wow, what insight.

The interesting question that cannot be answered is - would the Broncos be better off having Tebow for the rest of his career or Manning for the rest of his.

There is no doubt that in most aspects at this point in time, with the marginal development Tebow has had, Peyton is a much better player. Peyton teaches our recievers the tricks of the trade, and fans and commentators blame recievers for dropping balls when they come from Manning, whereas many were especially Thomas and also Decker were given many excuses for dropped balls in 2011.

Manning has 2-3 years to prove that John was right in getting him (Winning something significant). With the many derogatory reports relating to Tebow and the many positive ones relating to Peyton Manning, we are sitting pretty. Wonder how happy Chargers fans are that they cut Drew Brees, did the Rivers/Eli swap and passed on Big Ben...

Time will tell, but as a Bronco fan I sure enjoy the surgical accuracy and control Manning brings, though I also loved seing how the team responded to Tebow. I agree with Jake Plummer though - I wish he would just go hug his teammates instead of the sherade.

DishWater
04-03-2013, 07:48 AM
If only Tebow would switch to HB... I'd make that trade to get him back in a second.

Problem is he doesn't know he's right handed, and he doesn't know he's a RB...

Conner13
04-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Problem is he doesn't know he's right handed, and he doesn't know he's a RB...

He also doesn't know that he has no place in the league.

Yeah, I went there. :D

But seriously -- the guy isn't an NFL player. Just my opinion.

chad72
04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
If Peyton plays out his contract (another 4 years) and the Broncos have a SB and at least a 2nd AFCCG to show for, I would say it would have worked out well enough for the investment. Besides, Peyton's contract would be pittance in 4 years.