PDA

View Full Version : How many sacks will Doom get with Baltimore next season?

dizzolve
03-31-2013, 01:15 PM
How many sacks will Doom get with Baltimore next season?

I think overall he is better suited to a 3:4 defense but am not convinced his stats will increase. He may have seen his best years already.

So what is your prediction?

theMileHighGuy
03-31-2013, 01:23 PM
I would have said 10-11, but I picked 9-10. I think that's pretty realistic. Then again, he was just a half second behind on a lot of Von's sacks last year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got in the realm of 13-15. I don't really think the change in scheme will hinder or boost his production either way.

johnlimburg
03-31-2013, 01:36 PM
I could see it going two ways. He has a great year. 13+ sacks and a huge impact player. Playing with a healthy Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata takes attention away from Dumervil and he can rack up the quarterback pressures. He will be playing in a scheme where he will get to stand up like he did when he had his best season as a pro. He will also get to face right tackles more often also.

Now I could also see it going less then 7 sacks. He will be rushing from the opposite side of the field and as pass rushers always say it is like a different craft changing sides. He may be the best pass rusher in the front 7 if Suggs is as mediocre as he was last year so Dumervil may recieve the most attention in pass rushing situations. I don't think that means he is bad because he is freeing up other guys. However fans only care about the pretty stats so we will see how many sacks he gets and see the consensus on how he played based off that :yawn:

InElwayWeTrust
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
I voted 1-2, but only because there was no ZERO

bears6385
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
I think Doom had 17 the last time he played a 3-4, so that's the direction I went.

CanDB
03-31-2013, 03:13 PM
There was no box for "who cares".......

Just havin "some" fun.

;)