PDA

View Full Version : Revis To Tampa - now official.

CanDB
04-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Just flashed on NFL Network (Albert Breer and company) that Revis may just be a physical away from being traded to The Bucs. I would expect this to happen, as long as he is healthy. I guess we're talking their #1 and one or two more draft picks, if all concludes according to plan.

Until it happens and for what deal, I'll reserve my assessment of the trade. Both teams needs some impetus going forward.

InsaneBlaze23
04-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah it on ESPN. Tampa isn't joking about getting better. I hope he is still the same Revis and they do become better. NFC South is such an uninteresting division.

roushmartin6
04-21-2013, 08:07 PM
All official now, surprising part is none of the contract is guaranteed.

CanDB
04-21-2013, 09:31 PM
"In return for the three-time All-Pro, the Jets receive the No. 13 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft and a conditional 2014 fourth-rounder that bumps to a third-rounder if Revis is on the Bucs' roster on the third day of the 2014 league year."

So a 1st this year and a probable 3rd, though not til next year.

If he plays up to his standard, I think The Bucs won the deal. But if he's slipped a bit, it's a draw or even advantage Jets.

The Bucs may use this as a turning point for a team that seems to underachieve of late. As for The Jets, well now, they do have two very high draft picks this year, but if they'd received a 3rd as well for 2013, they would have fared very well.

theMileHighGuy
04-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Killer deal for the Bucs if Revis can stay healthy. They get the best corner in the NFL for two prospects (In a pretty weak draft for their first). Hard to believe Revis is going to play on a contract with no guaranteed money.

HUMCALC
04-22-2013, 12:22 PM
How in the heck did they sign this quality of a player, with this big of an ego, to no guaranteed $?

roushmartin6
04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
How in the heck did they sign this quality of a player, with this big of an ego, to no guaranteed $?

I was thinking the same thing, its got be stupidly easy to get the money like meeting incentives such as putting on his socks or stretching before the game.

canadiansbronco
04-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing, its got be stupidly easy to get the money like meeting incentives such as putting on his socks or stretching before the game.

Well there is no guaranteed money but he is being paid 16mil the first 2 years and unless he is horrible they wont cut him so he is banking on himself i guess...

InsaneBlaze23
04-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Yeah it's nuts that everybody is getting all of this guaranteed money, then Revis comes in and doesn't get any guaranteed money. Maybe that ego is so confident that he doesn't need guaranteed money. He'll get all his contracts worth...unless down the road they cut him.

CanDB
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Well there is no guaranteed money but he is being paid 16mil the first 2 years and unless he is horrible they wont cut him so he is banking on himself i guess...

Yah.....that's what an analyst said a while ago....he's getting biiiiiiiiiig salary, which is like a guarantee of some sort.

BroncoFanBoy
04-22-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm glad he got traded. He deserves better.