PDA

View Full Version : The NFC West!!!!!!!!

CanDB
04-27-2013, 05:57 PM
The NFC West is becoming a powerhouse, even though Arizona has a ways to go. San Francisco needs little introduction, and could easily be SB Champs as we speak. With the huge number of draft picks, and the amazing talent in place, I am not sure we are even close to seeing the top of the curve for them.

Seattle is another powerful team, who by the way, recently acquired one of the most productive Offensive players in football. And like SF, both have young rising stars at QB.

But don't count out The Rams just yet. They played tough last year, and were very successful in their own division. And they are fully utilizing the draft picks they have acquired, primarily from the RGIII trade. If Bradford steps up a little, this team is definitely a playoff contender. They have a very strong D, and watch out for Tavon!

I am not clear on The Cards, but they should be better. Just a pity who they have to play 6 times!

fallforward3y+
04-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Indeed, the West has transformed from the division that caused debates over re-arranging the playoff format to a division that looks like they will regularly send 2 teams to the playoffs.

I do think it will only be SEA and SF in the playoffs though this year, Rams should play those teams well but they don't seem to play anybody else well.

bears6385
04-28-2013, 08:49 AM
As of right now the NFC's best division.

bronx_2003
04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
As of right now the NFC's best division.

I think its the worst NFC division.

Yes there's 2 good teams but until proven otherwise the Rams are Cards are bad football teams.

The other NFC divisions have at least 3 pretty good teams and in some case 4.

bronx_2003
04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Regarding SF and Seattle I think both are a little over-rated right now.

Both have stellar D's but both QB's are coming into their second year and that is a big test for QB's, as Cam Newton found out. Both offenses could be pretty limited next year.

With GB getting 2 good backs and having Rodgers they will be a tough team to beat.

N.O. with Bree's and their coach back will have a great season IMO, they finished last season strong.

SF and Seattle are good teams, I just don't think they are top 5 teams in the league next year.

CanDB
04-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Yes there's 2 good teams but until proven otherwise the Rams are Cards are bad football teams.

Wow.........

I would rate SF and Seattle as very likely candidates to win the NFC, and St Lou is going to be better than average this year. When I add that all up, it equates to a very strong division!

bronx_2003
04-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Wow.........

I would rate SF and Seattle as very likely candidates to win the NFC, and St Lou is going to be better than average this year. When I add that all up, it equates to a very strong division!

The Rams finished below .500 last season, so while they 'may' improve its still unknown, and most teams in the league will say they will improve this season. Also, I'm not really a Bradford fan.

The Cards are a train wreck.

I think the South will be the top division in football. The Saints and Falcons will be really good IMO, the Bucs look dangerous..... especially with Revis now there, and after Newton struggled most of the season the Panthers finished strong and could be dangerous.

The North has GB and Chicago, as well as the Vikings who just went to the playoffs and the Lions who are talent stacked but often can't put it together (like Dallas)

The East is up in the air. Giants should be good, Skins and Cowboys have loads of talent but need consistency. Eagles could go either way.

JayJack
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket should be well worth the price this year!

fallforward3y+
04-29-2013, 12:57 AM
The worst NFC division right now is the NFC East, things have now flip flopped. SF and SEA both are contenders to win the NFC, STL looks to be atleast middle of the pack, AZ sucks but so did the Eagles and Lions, both of whom they beat. They have some potential, they did win at NE last year. We'll see how they do with Palmer. Even if they don't though, 2 great teams, 1 middle of the pack, 1 sucky is not the worst division.

fallforward3y+
04-29-2013, 01:02 AM

Both have stellar D's but both QB's are coming into their second year and that is a big test for QB's, as Cam Newton found out. Both offenses could be pretty limited next year.

With GB getting 2 good backs and having Rodgers they will be a tough team to beat.

N.O. with Bree's and their coach back will have a great season IMO, they finished last season strong.

SF and Seattle are good teams, I just don't think they are top 5 teams in the league next year.

The Niners have already shown to be better than GB twice last year, and with SF improving I'd be surprised if that changes. The Pack got 2 backs, but I doubt they're backs that will do well against SFO, Frisco will take away the run from them and be able to make them 1 dimensional.

As for the Saints, if any team finished strongest last year in the South it was the Panthers. NO went 2-4 after they beat the Raiders to go 5-5, that's not finishing strong. They should be better, but I'd be surprised if they are still around in the divisional round next year.

fallforward3y+
04-29-2013, 01:04 AM
The Rams finished below .500 last season, so while they 'may' improve its still unknown, and most teams in the league will say they will improve this season. Also, I'm not really a Bradford fan.

The Cards are a train wreck.

I think the South will be the top division in football. The Saints and Falcons will be really good IMO, the Bucs look dangerous..... especially with Revis now there, and after Newton struggled most of the season the Panthers finished strong and could be dangerous.

The North has GB and Chicago, as well as the Vikings who just went to the playoffs and the Lions who are talent stacked but often can't put it together (like Dallas)

The East is up in the air. Giants should be good, Skins and Cowboys have loads of talent but need consistency. Eagles could go either way.

South might be, Panthers and Falcons look good, Saints should be better. TB will likely be last, but at 8-8 in my opinion I don't think Revis will make them a playoff team.

CanDB
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Lets add up the wins at the end of the season. I'm still seeing the West with the best record overall in the NFC.

#87Birdman
04-29-2013, 10:58 AM

I would say that the NFC East is the weakest now. They have 4 "average" teams. And if one of them become dominate the others will fall down the list from average. They remind me of the AFC West 2 years ago. When we were all like 8-8.

Now I don't think they were that bad but if one of them step up I see a drop in the other. I won't say they will have as bad as a fall the AFC West had but that is what they remind me of. A bunch of average teams.

#87Birdman
04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Lets add up the wins at the end of the season. I'm still seeing the West with the best record overall in the NFC.

NFC West plays - NFC South, AFC South
NFC North plays - NFC East, AFC North

Be interesting to see which one has the toughest road.

bronx_2003
04-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Interestingly last season the NFC South and West both had 34 combined wins. The North had 35. The East had 31.

The NFC is by far the stronger conference.

I can't imagine the Lions being a 4 win team again, far too much talent for that awful record.

Even with the Saints, Bucs and Panthers all playing below their talent levels the division represented well. The Saints are primed for a big one IMO, with the HC back and some good defensive additions.

The East can't be that bad again. So much talent.

The West depends on the Rams. The Cards look the worst team in the conference, IMO. The Rams have 'some' talent on the D side of the ball but I just hate the offense. Bradford is poor, the OL still looks terrible, and they lost Steven Jackson.

They drafted a couple of OK receivers and lost Gibson.

It will be interesting, I think the West has the lowest amount of wins combined in the NFC, purely down to the Cards and Rams.

bronx_2003
04-29-2013, 11:07 AM
I would say that the NFC East is the weakest now. They have 4 "average" teams. And if one of them become dominate the others will fall down the list from average. They remind me of the AFC West 2 years ago. When we were all like 8-8.

Now I don't think they were that bad but if one of them step up I see a drop in the other. I won't say they will have as bad as a fall the AFC West had but that is what they remind me of. A bunch of average teams.

I wouldn't say they are average teams. A year ago the Giants won the SB, they had a bunch of injuries last year but still almost made the playoffs. The Skins should be even better next year. The Cowboys have a bunch of talent but always seem to under-achieve. The Eagles look iffy but with Vick back and McCoy healthy they should be competitive.

With that division containing Manning, Romo, RG3 and Vick they are all capable of having good seasons.

InsaneBlaze23
04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't even say the East is the worst. The Redskins are a good team, the Giants are a good team, the Cowgirls and Eagles are mediocre teams, both better than or equal to the Rams and Cards.

The Cardinals is a team that could be decent but can also be a 4 win team. No matter who they have at QB, their OL is terrible. Oddly enough didn't they go 4-0 in the conference last season or what that the rams?

fallforward3y+
04-30-2013, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't say they are average teams. A year ago the Giants won the SB, they had a bunch of injuries last year but still almost made the playoffs. The Skins should be even better next year. The Cowboys have a bunch of talent but always seem to under-achieve. The Eagles look iffy but with Vick back and McCoy healthy they should be competitive.

With that division containing Manning, Romo, RG3 and Vick they are all capable of having good seasons.

The Giants were a 9-7 team that made it to the Superbowl, but they were not a consistently elite team. Injuries the Giants have never seem to hurt them very much it seems. For instance, they are unbeaten without Nicks. In general though, they are a slightly above average team.

CanDB
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
The Giants were a 9-7 team that made it to the Superbowl, but they were not a consistently elite team. Injuries the Giants have never seem to hurt them very much it seems. For instance, they are unbeaten without Nicks. In general though, they are a slightly above average team.

.....who you have to worry about.

CanDB
05-02-2013, 11:05 AM

Interesting.......first power ranking I have seen in a while has SF and Seattle at #1 and #2. Maybe that's what you mean by "over-rated."

I see it as accurate. And because of that, along with St Lou ranked 16th (middle of the road), I believe this is worthy of being the best division in football.

bears6385
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't even say the East is the worst. The Redskins are a good team, the Giants are a good team, the Cowgirls and Eagles are mediocre teams, both better than or equal to the Rams and Cards.

The Cardinals is a team that could be decent but can also be a 4 win team. No matter who they have at QB, their OL is terrible. Oddly enough didn't they go 4-0 in the conference last season or what that the rams?It was the Rams who did not lose a game in the NFCW. They were 3-0-1. The Rams are very young and very well coached, they could be one of the NFC's most surprising teams.

Remedy
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
It was the Rams who did not lose a game in the NFCW. They were 3-0-1. The Rams are very young and very well coached, they could be one of the NFC's most surprising teams.

Good call on that one.

bears6385
05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Lets add up the wins at the end of the season. I'm still seeing the West with the best record overall in the NFC.Fair enough, but the NFCN is still loaded with three teams that were 10-6 or better, and none of those teams have taken a step back talent wise this off season through , trade, free agency, and the draft.