PDA

View Full Version : Post draft ESPN power rankings

bronx_2003
04-30-2013, 10:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/0

Personally I think Denver and NE are much better then Seattle, a case can be made for GB as well, but I can't understand how they are ranked ahead of SF. SF went to the SB and kept the same team together, they have a better D and a better QB then the Seahawks IMO. Very strange.

InElwayWeTrust
04-30-2013, 10:45 AM
The Seahawks are being grossly overrated this offseason.

bronx_2003
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
The Seahawks are being grossly overrated this offseason.

Yep, I agree.

Captain_23
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
In my un-bias opinion, the 49ers to me are the best team in football (before the games are played)

InElwayWeTrust
04-30-2013, 11:13 AM
In my un-bias opinion, the 49ers to me are the best team in football (before the games are played)

Best all around team, but it's yet to be seen how Kaepernick will play throughout a full 16 game season. How many times has a QB (especially a running QB) taken the league by storm, only to fall back down to earth the next season?

Just a couple years ago, when Michael Vick was MURDERING the Redskins on Monday Night Football. The next day they had polls asking who is the best QB in the league, and Vick was voted over Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. Now he's barely able to hold onto his starting job.

We will see how it unfolds, the Niners have an amazing team. I'm extremely biased against Kap also, so that could have something to do with it. :D

Charlie Brown
04-30-2013, 01:48 PM
*Yawn*

Couldn't care less how Jamison Hensley feels about anything. He is from Baltimore and absolutely loves the Ravens and even when the team does something bad, he praises them for it. Then, anytime Cleveland does something - he badmouths them.

garzjoe
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Power rankings mean nothing at this point....but it's something to read until the season starts.

Thx,
Joe

Broncoholic3233
04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
The Seahawks at #1? Hilarious.

Crazy, insanely overrated team.

Remedy
04-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Off season champions. that being said though.. it's always nice seeing your team near the top.

58_VONDOOM_92
04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I would say Niners should be number 1 followed by us then Atlanta 3 and Seahawks 4.

Espn always likes to overhype a team so I would rather it be the Seahawks then us.

fallforward3y+
04-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Best all around team, but it's yet to be seen how Kaepernick will play throughout a full 16 game season. How many times has a QB (especially a running QB) taken the league by storm, only to fall back down to earth the next season?

Just a couple years ago, when Michael Vick was MURDERING the Redskins on Monday Night Football. The next day they had polls asking who is the best QB in the league, and Vick was voted over Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. Now he's barely able to hold onto his starting job.

We will see how it unfolds, the Niners have an amazing team. I'm extremely biased against Kap also, so that could have something to do with it. :D

I'm not sure where you got the idea that being a running QB somehow makes you prone to having slumps in the next season, and why you(and the media) keep acting as if being able to run as well as throw is some kind of downfall.

You asked how many times I've seen it, the answer is one time. That was the Vick from 10 to 11 that you mentioned, when he developed into a QB who turned it over all the time. It was not because he was a running QB, it was ironically because he listened to critics too much and tried to become more of a pure passing QB.

Vick had great success in Atlanta in back to back years when he stuck to what he was good at.

Other than him, we've had Newton,Tebow,RG3,Wilson and Kaep. 3 of them have yet to start for a 2nd season, Tebow was not played by the Jets..and Newton is just as good as he was in '11, the media was just obsessed with him not being a leader all year and blew things up like they do so well.....but he was just as good as he was in '11, doing just as great with his strengths, and struggling no less with his weaknesses.

fallforward3y+
04-30-2013, 06:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/0

Personally I think Denver and NE are much better then Seattle, a case can be made for GB as well, but I can't understand how they are ranked ahead of SF. SF went to the SB and kept the same team together, they have a better D and a better QB then the Seahawks IMO. Very strange.

GB is going to disappoint people this year. Particularly, with the perception of them becoming a well balanced team. I'd be surprised if their run game improves, and I'd be shocked if McCarthy actually tries to balance out the offense. They will still be a team that passes constantly and will not be able to run down the clock to sustain a lead. They won't run consistently unless they're up by 50, they are the embodiment of the new age "clock eating is taboo" mentality.

InElwayWeTrust
04-30-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure where you got the idea that being a running QB somehow makes you prone to having slumps in the next season, and why you(and the media) keep acting as if being able to run as well as throw is some kind of downfall.

You asked how many times I've seen it, the answer is one time. That was the Vick from 10 to 11 that you mentioned, when he developed into a QB who turned it over all the time. It was not because he was a running QB, it was ironically because he listened to critics too much and tried to become more of a pure passing QB.

Vick had great success in Atlanta in back to back years when he stuck to what he was good at.

Other than him, we've had Newton,Tebow,RG3,Wilson and Kaep. 3 of them have yet to start for a 2nd season, Tebow was not played by the Jets..and Newton is just as good as he was in '11, the media was just obsessed with him not being a leader all year and blew things up like they do so well.....but he was just as good as he was in '11, doing just as great with his strengths, and struggling no less with his weaknesses.

Vince Young?

But I'm not specifically talking about running QBs. I'm talking about most QBs, once more tape is available on them, and teams can fully gameplan for them, they usually have a sophomore slump. I'm not saying every single QB does, but it happens all the time.

Plus, like I said I hate Kaepernick so my opinion on this subject is extremely biased. :D

fallforward3y+
05-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Vince Young?

But I'm not specifically talking about running QBs. I'm talking about most QBs, once more tape is available on them, and teams can fully gameplan for them, they usually have a sophomore slump. I'm not saying every single QB does, but it happens all the time.

Plus, like I said I hate Kaepernick so my opinion on this subject is extremely biased. :D

You said especially running QBs. As for Young, he didn't really have a sophomore slump. His rush yards went down only due to them running their RBs more often. His pass yards went up. The only thing that slumped was his TD/INT ratio from 06-07, but that is probably the most overrated stat for QBs. He also faced better defenses in 2007.

So why do you hate Kaep specifically?

InElwayWeTrust
05-01-2013, 01:39 AM
You said especially running QBs. As for Young, he didn't really have a sophomore slump. His rush yards went down only due to them running their RBs more often. His pass yards went up. The only thing that slumped was his TD/INT ratio from 06-07, but that is probably the most overrated stat for QBs. He also faced better defenses in 2007.

Vince young got progressively worse every year as teams started to figure him out...

I hate Kaepernick because of the school he attended. As far as I'm concerned nothing but scum and hazardous waste comes out of that institution. :D

hopedawg
05-01-2013, 10:05 AM

Because any bonehead so full of himself as to trademark kissing his own bicep is a moron destined to be cut down to size.

InElwayWeTrust
05-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Because any bonehead so full of himself as to trademark kissing his own bicep is a moron destined to be cut down to size.

That's what going to UNR will do to you. :laugh:

dsmith275
05-01-2013, 03:41 PM
To add to QBs that saw a drop in production their secound year I'd say Cam Newton experienced a sophmore slump