PDA

View Full Version : The Tebow competition, Where he ends up - Lets see who is right

bronx_2003
05-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Lots of Tebow speculation, so I thought if we all put our answers into this thread we can look back and see who got it right. So out of the 4 choices, what would you go for ?

NFL - Tebow makes a final 53 roster.

CFL

Arena Football

Nothing.

I am going to say he plays next season in Arena football. If he signs with a CFL team he can't break the contract if he gets interest from the NFL again. I think he could do well in Arena Football.

Note - It doesn't matter if an NFL team signs him. He has to make the final 53 man roster for that to count.

58_VONDOOM_92
05-02-2013, 05:49 AM
He ends up unemployed or plays in Canada unless he changes positions

VADER72
05-02-2013, 06:18 AM
I think we will see him doing late night commercials for Rocky's Auto's.

But honestly, if he was smart he would move away from playing football as I think that train has left the station and go be an assistant coach or something for the Gators. They love him there and he would be set. Who knows, he might make a solid coach one day.

SoundsOfSuccess
05-02-2013, 06:34 AM
New England.

CoryWinget81
05-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Unless he changes position, he's out of the league.

He got his shot on an awful team that was swirling the drain, and the only reason he got that shot was because

A: he was drafted in the first round TO that team
B: the other two options were Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn

His life as a QB in the NFL are over. Why would you even want him as a backup? People are saying he could go back up a team that uses the spread option, but the teams that made that style of football successful made it successful because the QB in that system is able to complete passes. :shrug:

He's done. He's too arrogant and thinks too much of himself as an NFL QB to go to Canada and isn't smart enough or have a quick enough release to go along with accuracy to play arena football.

EddieMac
05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
I say out of pro football.

Remedy
05-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Miami.....

-Rod-
05-02-2013, 08:20 AM

I won't buy the notion that Tebow can't throw as long as the NFL keeps signing QBs that throw 4x more interceptions than touchdowns.

bronx_2003
05-02-2013, 08:22 AM

I won't buy the notion that Tebow can't throw as long as the NFL keeps signing QBs that throw 4x more interceptions than touchdowns.

There are some very poor back-ups, which is why I think Tebow could be an OK back-up........ although his accuracy and reading D's is very poor.

but like I said before, an average back-up QB is just not worth the hassle/circus/media scrutiny that he brings.

Raiderfan76
05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
He'll end up in Oakland as - fb/te/qb/team chancellor.

Jay3
05-02-2013, 09:36 AM
NFL roster.

Charlie Brown
05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Out of the NFL, that's all I know for sure.

SoundsOfSuccess
05-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Unless he changes position, he's out of the league.

He got his shot on an awful team that was swirling the drain, and the only reason he got that shot was because

A: he was drafted in the first round TO that team
B: the other two options were Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn

His life as a QB in the NFL are over. Why would you even want him as a backup? People are saying he could go back up a team that uses the spread option, but the teams that made that style of football successful made it successful because the QB in that system is able to complete passes. :shrug:

He's done. He's too arrogant and thinks too much of himself as an NFL QB to go to Canada and isn't smart enough or have a quick enough release to go along with accuracy to play arena football.

Maybe temporarily, he'll be out of the league, but the kid won't give up.

Your post went from an opinion on his future to an attack of his character, I think the one thing that is a give-in about his future is that his mental standpoint as far as not giving up and working hard and what have you will be bar none.

All it takes is one team, and if that team doesn't step up now, it's possible someone steps up down the road. To say he's permanently done if he doesn't have anyone now is a reach, IMO.

bronx_2003
05-02-2013, 10:02 AM

Your post went from an opinion on his future to an attack of his character, I think the one thing that is a give-in about his future is that his mental standpoint as far as not giving up and working hard and what have you will be bar none.

All it takes is one team, and if that team doesn't step up now, it's possible someone steps up down the road. To say he's permanently done if he doesn't have anyone now is a reach, IMO.

He's a good kid, and a good worker. I have nothing against him, but bottom line is you need the talent. I don't see the talent at QB and I don't see how he could stick at another position.

If no one picks him up, which they won't, he'll be forgotten about.

CoryWinget81
05-02-2013, 10:22 AM

I wasn't attacking his character. I was making an observation.

You view it as "working hard and not giving up" and I view it differently.

Nothing I said was an attack.

TH3JUICEMAN
05-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Gut feeling says he will make someones roster this year. Where I have no idea

GoManning
05-02-2013, 11:22 AM
A motivational speaker.

theMileHighGuy
05-02-2013, 01:41 PM
I think he'll be in New England, not necessarily playing QB.

BroncoFanNC
05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Redskins maybe?

BroncoFanBoy
05-02-2013, 09:29 PM
He will go to the CFL. I don't see any team signing him now that the draft is over.

dsmith275
05-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Omaha Beef!

BroncosDivision
05-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Nowhere.

He takes a year off.

FL BRONCO
05-03-2013, 06:00 AM
I think he takes a year off works on his qb skill set and makes a roster next year

CanDB
05-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I can see New England, with limited action. Otherwise he'd be wise to try out The CFL.

BroncosDivision
05-04-2013, 05:22 AM
I can see New England, with limited action. Otherwise he'd be wise to try out The CFL.

You would like that, WOULDN'T YOU!

TO THE BLUE BOMBERS! :D

EvertonBroncos
05-04-2013, 06:12 AM
The Saskatchewan Roughriders

captainbronco
05-04-2013, 11:25 AM
He seems like a good guy no one can deny that but with that being said being a "nice guy" can't read defenses for you or throw the ball accuratly for you I'd say CFL is his best bet but according to warren moon he doesn't have a good enough arm for even that so id say maybe new England is his best as a gadget player other than that out of the league in Guatemala as a mission dude

BroncoFanDK
05-06-2013, 03:06 AM

No the above statement would not be construed as a defamation of character, no way.

Tebow has one prime limitation and that is the whole circus. Tebow could end up setting a precedent by having won a playoff game and never starting another game (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/05/02/tim-tebow-could-set-precedence-if-he-never-starts-another-nfl-game/19265/) but do people really believe that it is a pure football decision.

As Josh McDaniels said with BMarshall - no single player is worth that much attention. Tebow has a huge upside and he definitely have an IT factor. Potential and disruption however is not always a good combination.

Some NFL team will pick him up. When the first team is 0-3 for the season a player that turned around the worst two season record in NFL and took the team to the divisional round will start looking pretty. If the Raiders start 0-3 I am quite sure that Dennis Allen will be interested, and if Jacsonville starts 0-3 I don't think it will be fun being Blaine Gabbert, the HC or the owner if Tebow is still available

CoryWinget81
05-06-2013, 10:21 AM

No the above statement would not be construed as a defamation of character, no way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hEaHn5Z_lY

That's not arrogance? "Don't talk to me?" Taking away from that video that he's arrogant, is an "attack" on his character?

:laugh:

He wants it his way or he's taking his ball and going home. It's been that way for him since high school.

samparnell
05-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Tim needs to get on the field and play ASAP if he wants his career to continue. IMO his best chance is Canada; btw Montreal owns the rights to him.

theMileHighGuy
05-06-2013, 01:00 PM

That's not arrogance? "Don't talk to me?" Taking away from that video that he's arrogant, is an "attack" on his character?

He wants it his way or he's taking his ball and going home. It's been that way for him since high school.

Well I'm sure if they asked Calvin Johnson or someone to come in and take snaps at running back he would totally have been cool with it.

CoryWinget81
05-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Well I'm sure if they asked Calvin Johnson or someone to come in and take snaps at running back he would totally have been cool with it.

Well Calvin Johnson is one of the best players in the NFL so it really doesn't lend itself to this conversation. He doesn't have deep fundamental flaws playing the position he plays.

Tebow's fellow UF alum Percy Harvin doesn't have any issue taking snaps at RB.

Remedy
05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Calvin Johnson is a premier player at his position who doesn't carry a circus of media around with him.

Tim Tebow is a below average QB who does carry a circus of media and attention around with him.

I don't get the comparison.

theMileHighGuy
05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Tebow was a better college quarterback than Johnson a receiver, and that video is 5 years old, so it is very relevant. When you are one of the best at your position in college being asked to change positions SHOULD feel like a slap in the face... and that's how he reacted to it.

CoryWinget81
05-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Tebow was a better college quarterback than Johnson a receiver, and that video is 5 years old, so it is very relevant. When you are one of the best at your position in college being asked to change positions SHOULD feel like a slap in the face... and that's how he reacted to it.

Actually no one mentioned anything to him about playing a different position. If you watch the whole thing he's saying that to his agent because he knows team GMs are going to question his ability to play QB.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-06-2013, 01:42 PM
If it's his dream to play QB I have no problem with him not playing another position. He has to decided on his own how important football is to him outside of QB.

Warren Moon refused to play WR, so he went to Canada, and no I don't need anyone to explain the skill level difference between Moon and Tebow. :)

Bronco51
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
LOL!!!! Well after reading this it's obvious he will be playing for Jacksonville!!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/petition_to_president_obama_make_jaguars_gm_sign_t im_tebow/13555784

BroncoFanBoy
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
LOL!!!! Well after reading this it's obvious he will be playing for Jacksonville!!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/petition_to_president_obama_make_jaguars_gm_sign_t im_tebow/13555784

With Obama in office, that's likely.

Remedy
05-06-2013, 01:54 PM
If it's his dream to play QB I have no problem with him not playing another position. He has to decided on his own how important football is to him outside of QB.

Warren Moon refused to play WR, so he went to Canada, and no I don't need anyone to explain the skill level difference between Moon and Tebow. :)

lol sir... that made me laugh out loud.

Sending Tebow to Canada will be the American revenge for us sending Celine Dion down that way...

-Rod-
05-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Tebow's fellow UF alum Percy Harvin doesn't have any issue taking snaps at RB.

Harvin has been a RB/WR his entire life as a football player. He was a runner and receiver in high school and college. These positions are interchangeable and share a lot of similar skills.

Collin Klein is refusing to change his position, he wants to be a QB. It's his right.

Remedy
05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Harvin has been a RB/WR his entire life as a football player. He was a runner and receiver in high school and college. These positions are interchangeable and share a lot of similar skills.

Fair point ... I think AW4M said it well

BroncoFanDK
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM

If Tim Tebow did not believe in his abilities to play QB, then what would he be doing trying to get drafted. Any QB or other player for that matter that does not believe in himself has no business being in the league.

How would Tebow EVER have directed ANY of the comebacks and how would he ever have been able inspire and lead the Broncos, how would he get Von Miller, Eric Decker, Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins to believe in him if he didn't believe in himself.

At the time this video was shot Tebow was the celebrated College Player that had a 20% higher passer rating than Peyton Manning in college, than Eli Manning and better performance than several #1 picks.

BroncoFanDK
05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Calvin Johnson is a premier player at his position who doesn't carry a circus of media around with him.

Tim Tebow is a below average QB who does carry a circus of media and attention around with him.

I don't get the comparison.

Many here deem Tebow 8-6 below average.
Cutler 17-20 above average.
Plummer 39-15 below average.

I guess I have a hard time seeing a QB with the Not It Factor above average, and tend to value wins quite high.

CoryWinget81
05-07-2013, 03:37 AM

Collin Klein is refusing to change his position, he wants to be a QB. It's his right.
And Tebow hasn't been a runner his whole career?

CoryWinget81
05-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Many here deem Tebow 8-6 below average.
Cutler 17-20 above average.
Plummer 39-15 below average.

I guess I have a hard time seeing a QB with the Not It Factor above average, and tend to value wins quite high.

That's because you believe that completing 48% of your passes will consistently win you games.

-Rod-
05-07-2013, 04:36 AM
And Tebow hasn't been a runner his whole career?

9,810 passing yards in high school. Throwing for 9,286 yards and 88 TDs in college, completing 67% of his passes in the SEC. I'd say he's been a QB his whole career.

Brady Quinn completed 53.8% of his passes in the NFL and has more interceptions than TDs. He started 8 games last season, including 7 games without a single TD. 2 TD passes, 8 interceptions. Everyone knows he can't play QB in the NFL, but he still has a job as a backup. No one is asking him to become a punter.

If guys like Quinn can still throw passes in the NFL, I believe Tebow has the same right.

BroncoFanBoy
05-07-2013, 05:13 AM
9,810 passing yards in high school. Throwing for 9,286 yards and 88 TDs in college, completing 67% of his passes in the SEC. I'd say he's been a QB his whole career.

Brady Quinn completed 53.8% of his passes in the NFL and has more interceptions than TDs. He started 8 games last season, including 7 games without a single TD. 2 TD passes, 8 interceptions. Everyone knows he can't play QB in the NFL, but he still has a job as a backup. No one is asking him to become a punter.

If guys like Quinn can still throw passes in the NFL, I believe Tebow has the same right.

I partially agree, and this is to Tebow's credit. He's got great football build. Guys like Quinn don't. Tebow could be a TE or RB if he wanted to. A lot of QB's can only play QB, and that's it. Tim could play other positions if he wanted, and that's why teams asked about it.

-Rod-
05-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Tebow could be a TE or RB if he wanted to.

I'm not so sure. There are guys built like TEs and drafted as TEs who struggle in the NFL. Tebow could try. It would not be an easy process and I see the position switch as one more opportunity for people to laugh at someone who's already demoralized. Remember Richard Quinn? What has Julius Thomas done so far? Imagine a QB learning how to block, play with leverage, run routes and catch the ball at the NFL level.

RB? As a RB, Tebow would be too big and not fast enough. He would have to start from scratch and prove himself all over again. I can easily understand why he does not want to play another position. Completion percentage is nice, but if I had to win a game I'd take Tebow over several QBs in the NFL.

CoryWinget81
05-07-2013, 07:22 AM

Tebow isn't any different than any other player that couldn't hack it. What is going on with quins career has nothing to do with Tebow.

Most importantly, I don't care about his college passing stats. They don't translate to the NFL.

BroncoFanBoy
05-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm not so sure. There are guys built like TEs and drafted as TEs who struggle in the NFL. Tebow could try. It would not be an easy process and I see the position switch as one more opportunity for people to laugh at someone who's already demoralized. Remember Richard Quinn? What has Julius Thomas done so far? Imagine a QB learning how to block, play with leverage, run routes and catch the ball at the NFL level.

RB? As a RB, Tebow would be too big and not fast enough. He would have to start from scratch and prove himself all over again. I can easily understand why he does not want to play another position. Completion percentage is nice, but if I had to win a game I'd take Tebow over several QBs in the NFL.

True, but there are players that used to be QB's that move to other positions and be successful. Antwan Randel El is a good example. He switched to WR and had a good career. I think he could transition to TE, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good one, true.

I say he would be a decentrunning back too because he reads running lanes and sees blocks very well. He's always been good at that. He'd be a good power option and goal-line threat. That's why teams would ask if he's willing to play a different position. There was one team who called the Jets asking if he wanted to play TE, and the Jets told them no.

samparnell
05-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Some people see height/weight and project FB or TE without realizing that job one for those two positions is blocking. If one has never blocked, like Tebow for example, it probably isn't happening.

Remedy
05-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Some people see height/weight and project FB or TE without realizing that job one for those two positions is blocking. If one has never blocked, like Tebow for example, it probably isn't happening.

very good point I often feel gets over looked.

BroncoFanDK
05-10-2013, 12:33 AM

Another aspect brought up before is that when your QB runs the ball you have one more blocker, and Tebow might not be fast/strong/good enough without it.

He has had success as a QB, and if someone figures out to get him to play better in the first three quarters he will be elite. When it counts and when it is no guts no glory time he is exceptional. His Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde playing styles creates an enigma. He clearly has the ability to play really well over significant stretches, the question is however why he seldom play well in the first three quarters.

I would love to see him back up Jay Cutler, but I think that Tebow will go to a team like Arizona, Saints, Browns, Vikings, Raiders.., or maybe he will be unsigned through training camp and some 0-3 team will pick him up in September.

BroncoFanBoy
05-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Dk - I could see any of those teams except for Cleveland possibly go for him. The Browns just signed Jason Cambell and traded away Colt McCoy. They also still have Thaddeus Lewis who started a game for them last year too.

If any NFL team's gonna get him, I say Arizona mainly because of their offensive line. They added Cooper, but that won't be enough. I think Palmer would eventually get injured due to how bad that line is. Plus, I'd take Tebow over Hoyer, Lindley, or Hill.