PDA

View Full Version : Titus Young...Arrested 3 times in 5 days...goes for record.

Broncoholic3233
05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Titus Young, the former Detroit Lions wide receiver, was arrested twice in 15 hours on Sunday by the Moreno Valley Police Department in southern California.

According to the police report, Young was stopped at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday after making an illegal left turn in front of a patrol car.

Young was stopped and arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was booked at the Robert Presley Detention Center and later issued a citation and released from custody.

Hours later, at 2:22 p.m. that day, officers responded to a tow company yard where a man was seen jumping over the fence.

It was Young looking for his black Mustang.

He was arrested for burglary after the police determined he was trying to take his own vehicle. He was booked again at the same detention center.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2013/05/07/sports/doc51899e71253a8027098978.txt

theMileHighGuy
05-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Dude should be taught that playing in the NFL is a privilege. Maybe he'll shape up if he has to get a real job. But knowing people like him, he probably wouldn't anyway. Can't believe some people want to give this guy more chances.

Remedy
05-07-2013, 06:37 PM
sigh... I wish I could get inside the head of people sometimes.. just to see the logic and reasoning.

HUMCALC
05-07-2013, 08:32 PM
sigh... I wish I could get inside the head of people sometimes.. just to see the logic and reasoning.

Ditto.....

BroncoFanBoy
05-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Dude should be taught that playing in the NFL is a privilege. Maybe he'll shape up if he has to get a real job. But knowing people like him, he probably wouldn't anyway. Can't believe some people want to give this guy more chances.

He is a free agent right now, so teams are already teaching him. Yes, the Rams signed him, but he got cut quickly.

SoundsOfSuccess
05-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Time to GET THIS GUY ON THE BRONCOS!!!!

Clearly he's intelligent and uuuultra sophisticated.

InsaneBlaze23
05-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Maybe Tatum Bell can give him a card to who he got his phone booth from.

Agreed. You are given one of the toughest jobs in sports to obtain, yet you piss it away.

bears6385
05-09-2013, 04:25 PM
sigh... I wish I could get inside the head of people sometimes.. just to see the logic and reasoning.It's a shame that someone that young and talented is that messed up in the head. It's like his high school coach said. " I wish Titus would just take a step back and get the help he needs."

Captain_23
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Man that dude stupid as hell. I wish I was in his face, so I can slap the stupidity out of him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
It's a shame that someone that young and talented is that messed up in the head. It's like his high school coach said. " I wish Titus would just take a step back and get the help he needs."

Coach Pete has tried to reach out to him too. Titus just doesn't want to listen.

Remedy
05-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Coach Pete has tried to reach out to him too. Titus just doesn't want to listen.

Kind of sad really.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Kind of sad really.

Yeah it is, not only in life, but on the field too. If he was more teachable he could be a great player.

Remedy
05-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah it is, not only in life, but on the field too. If he was more teachable he could be a great player.

Yep, Tis a shame watching someone throw it all away.

roushmartin6
05-10-2013, 01:00 AM
I hope he gets his life together before he throws more than his football career away

fallforward3y+
05-11-2013, 02:53 AM
None of what he was arrested for is a big deal, unless he was actually drunk while driving. This probably won't effect him being signed to be honest. If you have the skills, some team will sign you it's that simple, some people are the types that love to "fix" guys like Young and make them "shape up", like Jerry Jones.

The reason Young is getting cut is because right now, he's just not that great of a receiver. He has the speed, but that's about it.

As for it being a sad story, not really in my eyes. Our choices determine the outcome of our lives, he earned his chance to play in the NFL, and is now choosing not to make the most of that chance. As far as I'm concerned, if he's not going to make the most of that chance, give it to the next guy who will.

roushmartin6
05-12-2013, 12:46 AM
None of what he was arrested for is a big deal, unless he was actually drunk while driving. This probably won't effect him being signed to be honest. If you have the skills, some team will sign you it's that simple, some people are the types that love to "fix" guys like Young and make them "shape up", like Jerry Jones.

The reason Young is getting cut is because right now, he's just not that great of a receiver. He has the speed, but that's about it.

As for it being a sad story, not really in my eyes. Our choices determine the outcome of our lives, he earned his chance to play in the NFL, and is now choosing not to make the most of that chance. As far as I'm concerned, if he's not going to make the most of that chance, give it to the next guy who will.

It doesn't matter if they were minor, its the fact that he keeps ending up in these situations, then throw in how he acted on the field with the Lions by not listening to coaches, he is not going to get another chance. He got a 2nd chance from Fischer and the Rams and lost it a little after a week.

fallforward3y+
05-12-2013, 02:20 AM
It doesn't matter if they were minor, its the fact that he keeps ending up in these situations, then throw in how he acted on the field with the Lions by not listening to coaches, he is not going to get another chance. He got a 2nd chance from Fischer and the Rams and lost it a little after a week.

THAT might keep him from getting another chance, since it's a football issue. Him getting arrested probably will not.

dizzolve
05-12-2013, 03:44 AM

It would look something like this:

http://www.me-ins.com/img/~www.me-ins.com/new%20images/business_insurance.gif

roushmartin6
05-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Ex-Lions receiver Titus Young was arrested and charged with burglary, assaulting a police officer, and resisting arrest Friday night in San Clemente, CA.
That's three arrests in less than a week for Young, who appears to be trying to keep pace with former Oregon CB Cliff Harris. Young was arrested twice in a 15-hour period last Sunday for drunk driving and then trying to steal his impounded car from a towing company's lot. He won't be seeing an NFL field anytime soon.
Source: Josh Katzenstein on Twitter May 12 - 1:46 PM

roushmartin6
05-12-2013, 11:00 AM
This guy is out of control, his career is over and if he isn't careful, he could end up in jail or worse.

Canmore
05-12-2013, 11:09 AM
This guy is out of control, his career is over and if he isn't careful, he could end up in jail or worse.

He's begging for jail.

Remedy
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
3rd arrest + trying to fight the police?

Someone is wrong in his head.

BroncoFanBoy
05-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I have no idea what that guy is thinking.

Remedy
05-12-2013, 01:44 PM
I have no idea what that guy is thinking.

I believe that his problem is he, is in fact NOT thinking.

BroncosPWNn00bs
05-12-2013, 02:54 PM
I never understood how athletes can go out and do stupid stuff all the time and get arrested so much. I havn't got arrested once in my life and then I see some people are always in the news :laugh: Its not that hard to not get in trouble. :fight:

EddieMac
05-12-2013, 05:08 PM
3rd arrest + trying to fight the police?

Someone is wrong in his head.

Running from and then fighting police only means you go to jail tired and bruised. Its never worth it.

Yakka27
05-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Props to the police officer who caught him. Titus Young is fast...

TH3JUICEMAN
05-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Man what an idiot. You just have to wonder. I don't see him having financial issues, so why try and steal? I guess I could be wrong.

Criminal thinking I guess. Would be interesting to know a little about his life pre Boise State and NFL. Could give some insight into this.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-13-2013, 09:02 AM

:laugh:

:laugh:

Broncoholic3233
05-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Cop who ran down Titus Young from behind invited to attend Raiders Mini-Camp.

-Rod-
05-13-2013, 10:13 AM

He obviously ran the wrong route again.

bronx_2003
05-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Scout report, nothing too bad -

There has been some speculation about Titus Young’s character throughout his college career and during the pre-draft process. He obviously has a very strong personality, very goofy, and also extremely confident. The game is very fun for him, perhaps too fun at times, as he has been flagged for excessive celebration on several occasions.

Many have described him as a pretty self-involved player, which may have contributed to his spot in coach Chris Peterson’s dog house in the 2008 season. That year, Young was suspended 10 games for violating team rules, with a Minor Possession of Alcohol serving as the root of that suspension.

After returning to the team in 2009, he seemed humbled by the adversity that he faced the year before and rededicated himself to the team. During the draft process, many feel he has taken too lax an approach to his preparation. There have been reports of him slacking in pre-Combine training, missing workouts occasionally.

fallforward3y+
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Lol, did the cop actually catch him from behind, or did they have back up come and help them catch him some other way, with a car's help? I'd imagine it's the latter.

If it's the first though, then either that cop belongs in the NFL, or Young will never be signed again. Not because of him being arrested, but because speed is all he really does well and now it would look like he can't even do that anymore.

fallforward3y+
05-13-2013, 12:30 PM
He obviously ran the wrong route again.

Lol, bad route running on and off the field. Maybe he would have got away if he kept running down the street, but chose the alley where the cops cornered him lol.