PDA

View Full Version : Jay's Commercial Works.....Image Wise

CanDB
05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Jay Cutler's Nike commercial isn't new, but is still being played frequently.......and truth is, I like it. For me, it presents a good image of the guy, and even though he hasn't been my fav since leaving Denver, I believe it's the kind of thing he should continue to do.

People who think some of us are "haters" or whatever the term folks like to use, are missing the fact that it was not a good time for us, losing a potential "elite" QB, and feeling like he didn't care how we felt about it. Passion and competitive spirit are not always a good mix when it comes to our feelings about others.....and sports can exaggerate sensitivities.

But I digress. This is NOT about resurfacing the "debate" we have had, far too many times. Lets not go there.......cool? My objective here is to make it clear that Jay needs to keep showing the good side, whether it be for money or not. If I were Jay, even though it may not be his style, I'd try a bit harder, keep being visible as a charitable personality (and I believe he does have that in his resume), and maybe show some softer side as a parent and so forth. And I don't mean force it. But keep the good PR coming.

I am very, very happy we landed Peyton Manning, but believe me, losing Jay Cutler was not my cup of tea at the time, especially the way it all went down, and for what we got in return. But that dead horse has been beaten far too many times. So respectfully I ask that we keep the topic on target, and refrain from that old news stuff.

Thanks!

bronx_2003
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Don't like Cutler. Didn't like him when he was here and was glad when he went.

Terrible leader, always moping in interviews and on the sidelines, and wimped out of the Champ. game unsurprisingly.

Probably isn't a top 10 QB and is never likely to be so I don't feel we lost anything, except the wasted draft picks by McD.

Anyway, regarding the commercial. They do it for a pay day, its just a way of making money for him and others, and its scripted.

// / yardo
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM
I used to care. Don't so much anymore. Jay Cutler is Jay Cutler. His image is over emphasized but he doesn't help himself. I don't even think he cares himself.

At least he likes beer

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18mjs8khikprcjpg/original.jpg

TH3JUICEMAN
05-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I could violate the COC in so many ways. What an ass

bears6385
05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Jay Cutler's Nike commercial isn't new, but is still being played frequently.......and truth is, I like it. For me, it presents a good image of the guy, and even though he hasn't been my fav since leaving Denver, I believe it's the kind of thing he should continue to do.

People who think some of us are "haters" or whatever the term folks like to use, are missing the fact that it was not a good time for us, losing a potential "elite" QB, and feeling like he didn't care how we felt about it. Passion and competitive spirit are not always a good mix when it comes to our feelings about others.....and sports can exaggerate sensitivities.

But I digress. This is NOT about resurfacing the "debate" we have had, far too many times. Lets not go there.......cool? My objective here is to make it clear that Jay needs to keep showing the good side, whether it be for money or not. If I were Jay, even though it may not be his style, I'd try a bit harder, keep being visible as a charitable personality (and I believe he does have that in his resume), and maybe show some softer side as a parent and so forth. And I don't mean force it. But keep the good PR coming.

I am very, very happy we landed Peyton Manning, but believe me, losing Jay Cutler was not my cup of tea at the time, especially the way it all went down, and for what we got in return. But that dead horse has been beaten far too many times. So respectfully I ask that we keep the topic on target, and refrain from that old news stuff.

Thanks!Jay does a lot of charitable stuff that he keeps hidden..........It never has been his style to brag about himself off the field. As a fan I wish he would open up more, but as another poster has said Jay just does not care what people outside the locker room think about him.

CanDB
05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I was expecting mixed reviews here..........

;)

theMileHighGuy
05-10-2013, 04:15 PM
I still love Jay Cutler. That pic is hilarious //yardo.

He still has my favorite arm in the NFL, and I like watching Bears games when I get them locally. When he lets it go...