PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis - What a leader

bronx_2003
05-09-2013, 06:39 PM
This man will be missed by me, hope he stays around football in some form. Just wanted to share 3 of my favorite videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAXaGXMtd8

bronx_2003
05-09-2013, 06:39 PM
This could apply to the Broncos playoff loss -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bCdj7gaWaQ

bronx_2003
05-09-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO-XM4JMeAI

Charlie Brown
05-09-2013, 09:13 PM
I understand you like the guy,

I cannot stand him.

EddieMac
05-09-2013, 09:20 PM
I understand you like the guy,

I cannot stand him.

Amen Chuck B, amen.

Remedy
05-09-2013, 09:23 PM
I wonder if he would have lead his prison ball team to a victory like he did with the ravens...

InsaneBlaze23
05-09-2013, 09:29 PM
I wonder if he would have lead his prison ball team to a victory like he did with the ravens...

If I didn't have the spreading some rep....

Peanut
05-09-2013, 11:45 PM
I thought I heard that he was going to be a reporter/commentator. Like Sera??? Goose? I don't know if it's going to be local or not.

Sorry for being vague. I'm not a Ravens fan. In case you didn't know. :D

Remedy
05-09-2013, 11:48 PM
I thought I heard that he was going to be a reporter/commentator. Like Sera??? Goose? I don't know if it's going to be local or not.

Sorry for being vague. I'm not a Ravens fan. In case you didn't know. :D

Maybe he could do courthouse reporting ... he does have a background there as well.

just sayin'

:)

I could see him getting in front of a camera for sure. a la Charles Barkley.

fallforward3y+
05-11-2013, 02:57 AM
If he becomes an analyst or announcer, he will probably be the most annoying one of all. He was one of the most annoying players ever, who says some of the most ridiculous things ever. He will not be missed by me, that's for sure.

theMileHighGuy
05-11-2013, 04:15 AM

:laugh:

Should have been wearing federal orange instead of black and purple since 2000.

bronx_2003
05-11-2013, 08:20 AM
I don't like the Ravens, but I respect one of the icons of the game.

Some of the comments are just embarrassing.

InsaneBlaze23
05-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't like the Ravens, but I respect one of the icons of the game.

Some of the comments are just embarrassing.

Embarrassing for Ray maybe and people that support him. Not embarrassing to us, we don't support murders.

bronx_2003
05-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Embarrassing for Ray maybe and people that support him. Not embarrassing to us, we don't support murders.

He was never convicted, only charged for giving a misleading statement, no one knows what happened so I don't put any stock into that.

Its funny how no one seems to hate Brandon Marshall, even though he was probably at fault for DW's tragedy.

Anyway, people can say what they like, it just comes off as bitter and in very poor taste.

I don't know what happened in the trial, but I do know that this man led the Ravens for over a decade and was brilliant to watch and was a true leader, one of the best leader in sports there have ever been.

He also gave up numerous time and money to charities and would drive around some dangerous areas in Baltimore, both during and after the season, trying to help kids get on the right track.

Ray Lewis :salute:

fallforward3y+
05-11-2013, 11:33 AM
He was never convicted, only charged for giving a misleading statement, no one knows what happened so I don't put any stock into that.

Its funny how no one seems to hate Brandon Marshall, even though he was probably at fault for DW's tragedy.

Anyway, people can say what they like, it just comes off as bitter and in very poor taste.

I don't know what happened in the trial, but I do know that this man led the Ravens for over a decade and was brilliant to watch and was a true leader, one of the best leader in sports there have ever been.

He also gave up numerous time and money to charities and would drive around some dangerous areas in Baltimore, both during and after the season, trying to help kids get on the right track.

Ray Lewis :salute: Murder or no murder, he was still very annoying. I remember his response when he was asked about the murder, instead of just saying he didn't do it he has to throw in this whole "god doesn't make mistakes" nonsense that has nothing to do with the question(unless he was trying to say he killed him without saying it). That, and he talks about how respect is earned(which it is), then goes and talks about god's plan and all this other crap saying what happens out there is fate. It's one or the other, it can't be both. I pretty much just wish he would shut up.

InsaneBlaze23
05-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Ray Lewis :salute:

Casey Anthony wasn't convicted, does that mean see didn't kill?

OJ wasn't convicted, does that mean he didn't kill?

In this flawed justice system, people who committed crime go free because of lack of evidence. Ray Lewis killed someone, I've had this conversation on here before. I'll say again as I said it before the only people that believe he is innocent is those who are fans of him. While everybody believes he is guilty. Doing all the charity doesn't put away the act of murder. All he was doing during his career was trying to repent for his previous seen.

JohnShaft
05-11-2013, 05:23 PM
He did it. Assisted in it. Or covered it up. Pick one.

Why did the white suit (stain much?) he wore on the night just magically disappear?
Why was blood from one of the victims in his limousine?

Ray's whole attitude is pretty damn disingenuous. If he believes so much in the God he uses as a truncheon and shield then he better hope God's pretty forgiving when he gets to the pearly gates.

Sadly Justice is spelt with a M, O, N, E and Y. Just ask O.J.

But hey, I guess you're attitude is "he was good at football", so everything else to do with him is moot. Which is an opinion...

theMileHighGuy
05-11-2013, 06:59 PM
He did it. Assisted in it. Or covered it up. Pick one.

Why did the white suit (stain much?) he wore on the night just magically disappear?
Why was blood from one of the victims in his limousine?

Ray's whole attitude is pretty damn disingenuous. If he believes so much in the God he uses as a truncheon and shield then he better hope God's pretty forgiving when he gets to the pearly gates.

Sadly Justice is spelt with a M, O, N, E and Y. Just ask O.J.

But hey, I guess you're attitude is "he was good at football", so everything else to do with him is moot. Which is an opinion...

Yep, in some way shape or form he was involved in the death of the young man. The worst part to me is that he's been hiding behind God ever since.

BMarsh wasn't behind the weapon.

And yes, it can be amazing... the motivation provided by a guilty conscience.

I could never deny his incredible ability to lead people, but I won't celebrate him.

bronx_2003
05-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Art Modell statement at the time -

The following is the text of a statement released to CNNSI.com by Baltimore Ravens president and owner Art Modell:

"From the beginning of this tough situation for all involved, we believed in and supported Ray Lewis. We also believe in the court system and the due process that found Ray to be innocent of the very serious charges. He can now get on with his life, including his work with the Ravens.

"As I said at Ray's bond hearing in February, Ray is a good young man. Even during these difficult past four months, he has made the effort to help his family, his teammates, and others who rely on his good will and generosity.

"It will be great to see Ray back in our facilities and on the field soon."

The following is a statement from NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue:

"Today's developments will help put this tragic incident behind us. Ray Lewis has been entirely cleared of the charge that he was responsible
for the loss of life that occurred in Atlanta in late January.

An article from CNN at the time -

Prosecutors presented little proof that the Baltimore Ravens linebacker assaulted anyone during a Jan. 31 street fight that left two men dead.

"It seems like the prosecution is starting to run out of gas, and it doesn't seem like they had much in the tank in the first place," said Irwin R. Kramer, a defense attorney from suburban Baltimore who is following the case.

Without much direct evidence linking Lewis to the stabbings of Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker, prosecutors are trying to convince the jury that Lewis participated in a conspiracy to cover up the crime.

bronx_2003
05-11-2013, 08:48 PM
As I said before, I don't know what happened because I wasn't there.... but he was cleared in a court of law.

InsaneBlaze23
05-11-2013, 08:55 PM
This thread has over 200 views, people can just watch the videos without posting, it doesn't matter.

There are many players in this league who have talked about Ray Lewis with great admiration, including our own Al Wilson back in the day, they are not armchair lawyers, they just appreciate what he brings to the game.

People are small minded for going into a thread just to trash it. I have seen some incredibly stupid threads posted, but I don't go in there just to argue.

Well I don't care what Ray Lewis did on the field. Nobody is denying his playing ability or his ability to motivate others. But it doesn't overshadow the taking of someone's life. No matter how you see it. Just like us, you wasn't there. We are going off of what we read and what we saw about the case. I said it in another thread, there is no cop on this planet that thinks he's innocent, there is no lawyer whom isn't in his pocket that thinks he's innocent. He got off just like other murders got off. Lack of evidence.

I came in this thread to agree with someone else's opinion, your response lead to arguing.

Maybe your respect for him and your fanhood for him clouds your judgement. And you aren't alone, I'm pretty sure if tomorrow Champ Bailey is put into the same situation a good number of people on this site might defend him and say he's innocent.

InsaneBlaze23
05-11-2013, 08:58 PM
As I said before, I don't know what happened because I wasn't there.... but he was cleared in a court of law.

And again, OJ was cleared. Casey Anthony was cleared. Other murders was cleared.

We live in a country where the judge system sometimes get it right and sometimes it fails us. We live in a country where people take credit for other peoples mistakes. My sister's father witnessed his friend murder somebody, but because he didn't wanna snitch on his boy, he took the rap and is in jail for the rest of his life. Yet the actually murder is still walking free.

fallforward3y+
05-12-2013, 02:26 AM

I don't make judgments before I know what happened either, but being cleared in a court of law means absolutely nothing. Guilty people are found innocent all the time, a lot of damning evidence gets thrown out by a judge.

hopedawg
05-13-2013, 08:30 AM
I don't make judgments before I know what happened either, but being cleared in a court of law means absolutely nothing.

Sounds like exactly what you're doing. Unless , of course, you WERE there...

fallforward3y+
05-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Sounds like exactly what you're doing. Unless , of course, you WERE there...

Not at all, I'm not saying for sure that he did it. What I'm saying is, that if you believe he's innocent just because he was found innocent in court, then your pretty gullible. All that shows is the opinion of 12 people, and on top of that it doesn't even mean THEY think he's innocent.

The standard is, only vote guilty if you think the prosecution has proven the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The jury may have personally believed he did it, but didn't think they had proven their case well enough.

That, and like I said before our courts really go beyond innocent until proven guilty. It is really more like innocent until proven guilty only by evidence that is allowed in by a complex and loop hole filled legal system. Many times, evidence that would have convicted someone in 20 minutes, is never seen by a jury.

So in conclusion, I don't firmly believe he's innocent or guilty, but the verdict in court means nothing, and should mean nothing to everyone because all it is is the opinion of 12 people who saw the same evidence anyone who follows the trail saw, and only the evidence they were allowed to see.

On a side note, while I don't firmly believe it I lean towards him being guilty because of the ridiculous answer he gave when he was asked what he would tell the family of the victim. The "god doesn't make mistakes" garbage that he threw into the answer makes it sound like a justification of the actions. I never really leaned one way or the other, until I heard him say that.

bronx_2003
05-13-2013, 12:32 PM
I'll be honest, the court doesn't always get it right. A lot of people are let off by lack of evidence.

I didn't start watching football until 2003 so I never knew much about the trial, and TBH I don't really care about it. Maybe he got away with it, maybe he didn't, I'll never know. Its just not something I'm that bothered about.

I just grew up watching one of the best players, best leaders, and most honest and passionate footballer I think the game will ever see.

He respected the game and game 100 per cent, and lifted his team, which is why I always respected him.... especially staying with one team his whole career, even during the awful years when they had no offense.

fallforward3y+
05-13-2013, 12:48 PM
I never learned much about the trial either, partially because I'll never know as well.

Like I said though, guilty or not he still got on my nerves for unrelated reasons. While I like his passion about the game, I just get annoyed by players who bring God into the game too much, Reggie White annoyed me for the same reason. It's like Deacon Jones said, it's offensive because if he trains himself better, outworks you to become the better player, he will out play you, and all the God in the world ain't gonna help you.

He was known as a drama queen, but he's right, and accomplishments that weren't attained that way wouldn't really worthy of praise anyhow.

bronx_2003
05-13-2013, 12:59 PM
I never learned much about the trial either, partially because I'll never know as well.

Like I said though, guilty or not he still got on my nerves for unrelated reasons. While I like his passion about the game, I just get annoyed by players who bring God into the game too much, Reggie White annoyed me for the same reason. It's like Deacon Jones said, it's offensive because if he trains himself better, outworks you to become the better player, he will out play you, and all the God in the world ain't gonna help you.

He was known as a drama queen, but he's right, and accomplishments that weren't attained that way wouldn't really worthy of praise anyhow.

So I'm guessing your not a Tebowner :)

fallforward3y+
05-13-2013, 01:29 PM
So I'm guessing your not a Tebowner :)

Lol, I'm actually somewhat torn on Tebow, believe it or not. His God obsession is annoying, and normally I would dislike him completely. However, because of him being a real running QB(meaning one that actually will run like a RB, not just take off when he can get 20 yards w/o being touched) I'd like to see more guys like him.

You rarely see that, so I kind of like him as a player. If there were more like him though, I wouldn't like him at all.

I don't have a problem with religious players, just ones who imply that God controls what happens on the field. That's just a line I don't like being crossed, for reasons I mentioned in the previous post.

bronx_2003
05-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Lol, I'm actually somewhat torn on Tebow, believe it or not. His God obsession is annoying, and normally I would dislike him completely. However, because of him being a real running QB(meaning one that actually will run like a RB, not just take off when he can get 20 yards w/o being touched) I'd like to see more guys like him.

You rarely see that, so I kind of like him as a player. If there were more like him though, I wouldn't like him at all.

I don't have a problem with religious players, just ones who imply that God controls what happens on the field. That's just a line I don't like being crossed, for reasons I mentioned in the previous post.

I can't say I like Tebow. I have a simple mantra.... if you can't pass you can't win.

Griffin, Wilson, K/Nick, etc...... are mobile and that helps, but if they were not terrific passers they would be following Tebow out the league.

fallforward3y+
05-13-2013, 02:09 PM
I can't say I like Tebow. I have a simple mantra.... if you can't pass you can't win.

Griffin, Wilson, K/Nick, etc...... are mobile and that helps, but if they were not terrific passers they would be following Tebow out the league.

For me, it pretty much comes down to what a coach is willing to do to utilize a player. You CAN win with a guy like Tebow, Denver fans should know better than anyone. If you expect him to be a conventional QB, you have no chance. But, if you become a run centered team and let him help out with that, you can be a winning team.

Every unconventional style has it's critics, and is painted to be the reason a team fails if they try it. However, many of times you can look to another reason. Atlanta with Vick for instance, many pointed to them holding them back. BUT their defense 05-06 was awful, with a bad defense it's hard for any team to win. Vick worked out well for them, and they did make it to an NFCC game.

Also, you have to remember that no matter the formula, it has to be executed. Sometimes a team just does not execute an unconventional formula well, and the formula gets blamed.

The running QB thing can work, if you have the right personnel. Of course, that doesn't mean a team is going to want to sign him, as many coaches are afraid of unconventional ideas.

CoryWinget81
05-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Ray Lewis is a piece of manure and should be rotting in prison.

Plus, his stupid little speechs got pretty bad. "NO WEAPON! NO WEAPON!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BroncosPWNn00bs
05-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Great videos :salute: Ray is probably 1 of my favorite murderers to play in the NFL. Him and Rae Carruth. He will be missed for sure. :salute:

JohnShaft
05-13-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't have a problem with religious players, just ones who imply that God controls what happens on the field.
To put it bluntly, "I think God has better things to do than decide who wins a [expletive] football game".

People who make everything a God contest irritate me. "Yeah I won because God loves me more".

fallforward3y+
05-13-2013, 10:51 PM
To put it bluntly, "I think God has better things to do than decide who wins a [expletive] football game".

People who make everything a God contest irritate me. "Yeah I won because God loves me more".

For me, it's annoying because they are basically saying that what happens out there is up to God, and not the players. It's utterly stupid and ridiculous. Forget hard work, superior training methods, how well you improve during training, knowledge etc, it's about who God wants to win. I play myself, and even if this was actually true, it takes away the worth of on field accomplishments for me, because you wouldn't have earned them, it's just the decision of a God.