PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis 500

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Why are there no big names from NASCAR in this race? Please forgive the line of questioning, but I am not a racing fan. Every now and then I'll tune in for 15 or 20 minutes, but it's not my thing.

Do NASCAR racers feel as though they are at too much of a disadvantage driving an open wheel car?

Give me the scoop racing fans! :D

Southstander
05-26-2013, 12:01 PM
NASCAR drivers are in Charlotte for the Coca Cola 600.

Southstander
05-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Congrats to Tony Kannan.

roushmartin6
05-29-2013, 12:45 AM
NASCAR drivers are in Charlotte for the Coca Cola 600.

This, plus a few years back they pushed the start time back, so guys like Robby Gordon, Tony Stewart, etc who would do the double duty can't because of time constraints. I wouldn't say the Nascar guys are at a disadvantage, AJ Allmendinger (though he has prior open wheel experience) could have won the race if his seat belt hadn't come unfastened

Peanut
05-29-2013, 08:47 AM
This, plus a few years back they pushed the start time back, so guys like Robby Gordon, Tony Stewart, etc who would do the double duty can't because of time constraints. I wouldn't say the Nascar guys are at a disadvantage, AJ Allmendinger (though he has prior open wheel experience) could have won the race if his seat belt hadn't come unfastened

From what I've heard, they're not going to change the times any time soon. Not sure why. It gave both races a lot of publicity when they had a driver doing both.

AJ started out in open-wheel. Because of his situation, I wouldn't call him a NASCAR guy anymore.