PDA

View Full Version : Freeney claiming collusion

beastlyskronk
06-01-2013, 03:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9328083/dwight-freeney-san-diego-chargers-hints-collusion

Freeney just mad that he can't get paid a mil per tackle. No one wants a 33 year old DE that never played the run and can't even rush the passer anymore.

theMileHighGuy
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Dwight is silly, but you can't deny the league-wide movement to cull the asking price of pass rushers.

beastlyskronk
06-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm still not sure, Matthews still got a big contract and Kruger signed for more than he was worth. Freeney was interviewed about it and used Dumervil as his lone example, but I think that's a really bad example considering it was his 3rd contract (2nd contract is almost always the biggest) and he took less money to go to the Ravens. He would have made a good amount if he just got the original contract back to us before we cut him.

roushmartin6
06-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Yup, its a big conspiracy that no one in the league wanted to sign an old pass rusher who wanted big bucks while coming off his worst year in the league. Took an injury for someone to cave in. Wonder what tin foil Freeney used for that hat he is obviously wearing.

Sam_Z
06-01-2013, 11:26 PM
He's just bitter over the fact that these teams didn't allow him to spark the bidding war that only a 33 year old aging pass rusher could... They didn't allow him to play hard ball or use any kind leverage...

ruksak
06-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Yup, its a big conspiracy that no one in the league wanted to sign an old pass rusher who wanted big bucks while coming off his worst year in the league. Took an injury for someone to cave in. Wonder what tin foil Freeney used for that hat he is obviously wearing.

To be fair, Freeney used Elvis as an example and not himself.

Though, I feel Freeney's claims are likely born from his own perceived disrespect he tasted when he hit the market.

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-03-2013, 06:56 AM
I'm still not sure, Matthews still got a big contract and Kruger signed for more than he was worth. Freeney was interviewed about it and used Dumervil as his lone example, but I think that's a really bad example considering it was his 3rd contract (2nd contract is almost always the biggest) and he took less money to go to the Ravens. He would have made a good amount if he just got the original contract back to us before we cut him.Good Point! Doom probably signed for less because he wanted to be a 3 down linemen.In Denver he was just gonna be a 3rd down pass rusher,and Balt he would play all 3 downs,more playing time.It could be the reason he chose Baltimore over Denver.