PDA

View Full Version : They should just go ahead and allow PEDs in sports.

thenewera44
06-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Here is the idea. First of all, lets define performance enhancing drugs. Can caffeine be defined a performance enhancing?

As long as there is hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, there will be people trying to get an edge. Would you take a PED for 10 million? For 50 million? 100 million? No? I do not believe you.

Having said that, I am a bit sick of MLB and the press acting all naive and pretending they are shocked when a player is busted. Do people buy it from either of them? What, baseball had no clue in 1998.

While we are on the subject, the HR records had less to do with the roids than they did with baseball expansion, livened balls, and smaller ball parks.

The last year of baseball expansion was 1998. What happened that year? The National League had essentially 4 new teams added to it since 1993. Marlins, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and....the Brewers.

Why was it that Selig moved his team (Brewers) the NL in 1998? ANy guesses? It made baseball imbalanced. The NL had two more teams, and the NL central had more teams than any division. To say nothing of the Rockies and the thin air. You think it is a coincidence that Maris's record was broken 6 different times by 3 different players and they all played in the NL?

Just allow them BUT here is the catch. Make it so the doctor that is used has to be approved by MLB. The drugs that are used must be approved by MLB. If any player violates either of these, they are banned for life. One time.......

I know it will never work cause of the player union, and other factors. Just an idea, cause the PEDs will never stop.

HUMCALC
06-05-2013, 03:16 PM
I highly AGREE. Without PEDs, baseball would have dried up altogether. If players want to take the risk of shrinking key members of their anatomies, go for it. The players still have to perform, PEDs don't guarantee success or greatness

roushmartin6
06-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Then they just sue the league for allowing them to do that for their bodies. They sue for everything else

#24 Next Champ
06-07-2013, 01:09 PM
I could not disagree more that is disgusting to believe that's okay to allow

Jaws
06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
No no no no no. That's all.

Southstander
06-07-2013, 02:06 PM
It would turn a lot of people off sports all together. This would change the landscape of sports, it would shift from being the best athlete to whom ever has the best chemist. What all four major sports need to do make the penalty for testing so high that it removes the incentive to cheat. I am talking lifetime bans and being fined the same amount of money their contracts are for. Losing your career and every dollar you have would stop PEDs cold.

If the Major sports do not steam the tide the United States Government will. Because the big four interstate commerce it falls under the purview of Congress and that means they can regulate it.

Your question about the Brewers is something that I have wonders about as well. Part of the reason the Brewers moved to the National League was do the playoff expiation to add Wild Card teams. To do this the split up the then 28 teams of three divisions per league (The AL East, AL Central and NL Central each had five teams while the AL and NL West had four. The move was first offered to the Royals but they passed, so did the Twins. The problems came when baseball expanded in 1998. Baseball added the Tampa Bay Devil Rays to the AL East and the Arizona Diamondbacks to the NL West. This gave the NL West five teams like the rest of the divisions but this also cause the AL East to have six teams. So to "fix" this the Tigers moved from the AL East to the AL Central giving them six teams. This is where it went side ways. Because baseball is divided by regions, even more so then football, at this point this left the Al East still with only four teams and the AL Central with six. One team had to move. As I said I do not know all the reasons for all the moves.