PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to the Patriots

Pages : [1] 2

Noonskadoodle17
06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
ESPN reporting he will sign with the Pats & will participate in minicamp Tuesday.

UGH....the one place I didn't wanna see him go.

beastlyskronk
06-10-2013, 02:18 PM
I wonder if they actually plan on trading Mallet at some point. McDaniels drafted Tebow to be the future here, there's no reason for McDaniels to think he can't be the future there. Either way he'll finally get back to some good coaching. He was improving when McDaniels was here even though people refuse to admit it.

dizzolve
06-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Are you suggesting he strengthens NE? At the QB position? What are you worried about exactly

SoundsOfSuccess
06-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Good for him. There are more people that believe in him there than anywhere else. All he needs is an opportunity and he might, just might, get it there.

Rootin for him.

Noonskadoodle17
Are you suggesting he strengthens NE? At the QB position? What are you worried about exactly

It's the fact that I HATE the Patriots.

theMileHighGuy
Is this real?

Cool anyway, I hope they do something with him.

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Good for Tebow.
Im happy he signed with them, it was only a matter of time. The guy has talent and skills, I bet the Patriots find ways to get him the ball.
The distraction (equally broken out) between his supporters, his detractors and his media obsession will not intimidate the Patriots organization.

Congrats to Timmy

theMileHighGuy
06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
NE is the perfect place for them to squash his media hype. He won't be allowed to talk to the media there.

Atwnbroncfan
06-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Pats + Tebow = ESPN love fest.

Thank god too because we were getting a little too much early attention that I don't like.

LSIGRAD09
Wow, maybe he will actually become decent or something. (Knowledgewise)

Atwnbroncfan
NE is the perfect place for them to squash his media hype. He won't be allowed to talk to the media there.

That doesn't stop his massive cult following fan base.

elecshoc
06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Good luck to the guy until they play the Broncos

PowderAddict
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
This should be interesting. I don't like the Pats, but it's probably one of the few organizations that can handle the media crush successfully. It's probably the best place for Tebow as well.

SouthernBronco
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Nooooooo!!!

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 02:34 PM

Correction...massive cult following hater base. Dont believe me? take a look at the 1000 + comments in the first 10 minutes on the espn page. The huuuge majority is from the massive cult following that cant help but bag on the guy.
Cult following is 100% right..........but dont call it a cult FAN following, those days passed a long time ago.

ebsoria
06-10-2013, 02:43 PM
This should be very interesting to see.

The dude is one motivated individual. And now he's back with Josh, who can maybe squeeze a little out of him.

Bernie24
06-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Good for Tim. NE is too professional and too big to be distracted by stupid stuff like his fans and haters. He'll do as well as he can under McD and Belicheck there.

Best place for him if you ask me. Hope he does well.

broncoslover115
06-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Just released on ESPN. Expect him at minicamp this week. Good move for him.

DoomTrooper
06-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Good for him. Hopefully we won't see him on the field for a couple of years until Brady retires.

I want to see how he does after 2-3 years of development with coaches who actually wante him.

theMileHighGuy
06-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Correction...massive cult following hater base. Dont believe me? take a look at the 1000 + comments in the first 10 minutes on the espn page. The huuuge majority is from the massive cult following that cant help but bag on the guy.
Cult following is 100% right..........but dont call it a cult FAN following, those days passed a long time ago.

That's pretty true. Not many crazy fans even followed him to the Jets. He certainly has a merry band of anti-fans that follow him... which is odd.

Kansas Bob
06-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Good for Tim! I wish him lots of luck. If anyone can make him a QB it is their staff!

EddieMac
06-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Good for him. Maybe he can disappear from the media hype and concentrate on the job at hand in NE. There is no QB controversy there at least.

Bernie24
06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
A lot more people like to think they're being edgy and above the mainstream by trying to talk all this you know what about Tebow and ESPN these days.

I'm not sure how long it will take people to realise the majority of fans in the NFL are now on this hate band wagon that dwarfs his supporters.

johntbronco
06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Wow! I'm sure they can use him somehow and they will be good at avoiding the circus. Good luck Mr T

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 02:55 PM
The Pats are a great fit for him.....they use Aaron Hernandez in the backfield at times. This allows them that same ability without risking such an important player (especially with Gronks concerns) They will get him the ball in odd ways. Plus with Edelman as a former QB who knows they might just shock people and play some really unconventional games.

msusc
06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty excited to watch the Tebow media hell to unleash on New England. The organization may be able to handle it, but its going to drive most pats fans crazy.

MHOC
06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Brady gets hurt we play him in the playoffs 2nd rd at home...

Atwnbroncfan
06-10-2013, 02:59 PM

I disagree his jersey sales in NY alone prove that. He still has his massive following

beastlyskronk
06-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Time to join it and go tell all the Pats fans that Tebow is better than Brady

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I disagree his jersey sales in NY alone prove that. He still has his massive following

Of course he does.....
Just dont ignore how big (or how much bigger) his "other" cult following is.
Need proof take a look at the comments following ANY Tebow story. He will always have his fans, but his obsession goes waaay waaay beyond those that root for him.

HUMCALC
06-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Boy, I'm Torn. I HATE NE because of spygate, and because they're classless. I am glad that he got a job, though. Boy he goes from my favorite team, to my least favorite teams

Den615
06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
McDaniels is and always will be the one guy who will work with Tebow to develop into an NFL quarterback. I've always thought New England was his best fit. If he's ever going to turn his career around this is his best shot. I'm rooting for him to make the team.

HUMCALC
06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm torn. I HATE THE CLASSLESS Patriots. However it's nice to see him at an organization that wants him, and that he can learn from. I wanted him to learn from Manning, but I guess this is what's best for him. Sorry If I'm rambling

Joshua2585
06-10-2013, 03:20 PM
I love this. Always loved Tim. I am VERY happy that he was reunited with the guy that drafted him (McD). If anyone can make a QB out of Tim, it is BB. I hope they can turn his career around and stomp the media circus.

underrated29
06-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Im thrilled for tebow but Im not thrilled he went to the pats.

I will not look forward to playing him this year. I hope he does not play against us. At any position.

Atwnbroncfan
06-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Time to join it and go tell all the Pats fans that Tebow is better than Brady

Oh gosh lol. I may have to join their boards just to see how Pats fans react to a couple of those crazy knucklehead fans.

ERoyal248
06-10-2013, 03:45 PM
That's pretty true. Not many crazy fans even followed him to the Jets. He certainly has a merry band of anti-fans that follow him... which is odd.
Not true they had a whole tebow forum on the jets forum. His fan following makes it impossible to root for him.

CanDB
06-10-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm glad for the guy. His future was not looking bright. Now, if he's smart, and if his fans learn to calm down, he has a chance to extend his career. Brady will have no problems dealing with him. In fact, I can now see packages that will actually work to his best advantage. NE is one of the very few teams that can make this work.

MHOC
06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
At least the Jets will make the sting a little less. They get see him twice and knowing Bellicheat Tebow will get into the end zone even if its a handoff from Brady

2 Minute Warning
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM
This will be interesting......;)

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Not true they had a whole tebow forum on the jets forum. His fan following makes it impossible to root for him.

His obnoxious fans have died off, but his popularity has not. And I have news for you, its not his fans that fuel the stories. He will always have a huge fan following and theres nothing wrong with that. But to ignore who fuels the Tebow stories is being ignorant to the situation. The Jets board didnt create a forum to keep the rabid Tebow fans in, they created a forum to keep the rabid Tebow debates in. The debates that are now fueled by those who cant stand the guy or his fans.

Go look at any Tebow story over the pas 1 1/2 years and see who the obnoxious comments come from.

ERoyal248
06-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Good for him. Hopefully we won't see him on the field for a couple of years until Brady retires.

I want to see how he does after 2-3 years of development with coaches who actually wante him.
Brady just signed an extension, hes not retiring until 4-5 yrs from now. Not a lock he even makes their team.

BroncoFanBoy
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm torn. I HATE THE CLASSLESS Patriots. However it's nice to see him at an organization that wants him, and that he can learn from. I wanted him to learn from Manning, but I guess this is what's best for him. Sorry If I'm rambling

They seemed to be the only team that wanted him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2013, 04:11 PM
It might actually be a good fit. It's not like the Patriot faithful will be calling for Timmy when Brady throws a pick....or two against Denver.

Billy B's boring and expressionless media days will probably be just what the doctor ordered for the Tebow media inquisition.

theMileHighGuy
06-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Well that's not true. I see a lot of people pulling for the guy.

Yeah, I know they had a Tebow only forum, we lobbied for one here for a long time. Nobody chanted Tebow at Jets games, nobody put up billboards in New York, there weren't crazy congregations there or anything like there was when he was here.

broncos SB2010
06-10-2013, 04:23 PM
This is a curious move. I don't see Tebow being able to run that uptempo offense.

THEdraftnik
06-10-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm happy for him, but I'll be happier if BB retires before Tebow gets his shot.

Peanut
06-10-2013, 04:49 PM
I saw the thread title and thought, "No way! I can't wait to tell my daughter, can't wait to see her face!"

I agree. Someone to control all the hype.

Not sure how they'll use Tebow, but I'm almost positive that it won't be the circus that happened in NY. I hope he gets a chance.

Atwnbroncfan
06-10-2013, 04:52 PM
If it were any other team signing him they would be ripped to shreds by NFLN and ESPN. But because its the Pats all of a sudden they are geniuses and will make the rest of the league look bad. I'm tired of this perception.

FL BRONCO
06-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Personnally I think its a great opportunity for TT. Unlike here with KO and New York with MS, He will be behind one of the best qb's in the league. I doubt you have to worry about TT billboards in NE. Now the spotlight can be on the team and I'm sure BB will make sure of that. So TT can concentrate on becoming a good qb and if any body can make him one it will be Josh McD. I actually thought TT played better and was used better the year before with Josh than his last year with Fox/McCoy. It kinda worries me the plays that might be put in to utilize him cause that just adds another dimension to the offense. But all in all I am happy for TT and I really want to see him developed slowly there like he needs to be. I wish him the best as long as he is not playing us.

Peanut
06-10-2013, 04:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9362801/tim-tebow-sign-new-england-patriots-sources-say

Denver Mike
06-10-2013, 05:14 PM
I have a love hate relationship with this move.

The love

I truly like Tebow. I will always be grateful for what he did for this team and this city before he left. Kid has a good heart, an un-measurable amount of will-power and determination. Media circus aside; NE is the one place coaching and staff wise who can develop Tebow to his fullest extent. If Tebow has any chance at a future in this league. The NE Patriots will be the ones to develop it.

The Hate

He's a Patriot.

HUMCALC
06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
CP to anyway that goes on the Pats boards and posts his college career stats and accomplishments. :D

I will, if you provide the link to their boards

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 05:25 PM

The love

I truly like Tebow. I will always be grateful for what he did for this team and this city before he left. Kid has a good heart, an un-measurable amount of will-power and determination. Media circus aside; NE is the one place coaching and staff wise who can develop Tebow to his fullest extent. If Tebow has any chance at a future in this league. The NE Patriots will be the ones to develop it.

The Hate

He's a Patriot.

Great post...CP worthy
I feel the same way

FL BRONCO
06-10-2013, 05:28 PM
I will, if you provide the link to their boards

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html

I believe that is correct, good luck in enemy country

HUMCALC
06-10-2013, 05:43 PM

The love

The Hate

He's a Patriot.

This is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE POST! I agree 100% with atwaterandstir

Denver Mike
06-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Thank you both Atwaterandstir and HUMCALC. Two quality responses from two quality posters is definitely quite appreciated

:beer:

2 Minute Warning
06-10-2013, 06:04 PM

The love

The Hate

He's a Patriot.
Well said:thumb:

InsaneBlaze23
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I picture him and Josh in a grass field swinging in a circle singing "Reunited and it feels soo good"

elecshoc
06-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Looks like he's playing QB since they cut their 3rd qb today

SoundsOfSuccess
06-10-2013, 06:59 PM
This is a curious move. I don't see Tebow being able to run that uptempo offense.

If anything uptempo would help him out and
1. Give him more time to read a defense
2. Catch a defense off guard or wear them down and make offense easier

Denver Mike
06-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Well said:thumb:

Much appreciated :beer:

BroncoFanNC
06-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Apparently Brady has converted 49 straight 3rd and 1/ 4th and 1s, and scored a league high 70% TDs in red zone last year.

So, purely developmental move it seems.

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Apparently Brady has converted 49 straight 3rd and 1/ 4th and 1s, and scored a league high 70% TDs in red zone last year.

So, purely developmental move it seems.

If Tom Brady (whos not the most nimble guy) can convert at that rate, then it makes sense to let Tebow do it if needs be. Not saying that will happen, but why let Tom Brady take those hits, when hes proven his line is very capable of helping convert those. Brady is getting older and the fewer unneeded hits the better.

Personally I think the team is more worried about Gronkowskis long term health and are going to stop using Hernandez in those running situations. If Gronk keeps up this injury rate (which has been significant) then Hernandez will need to play a more conventional TE role.
Either way that team has a lot of options on offense, the multitude of threats alone will create mismatches that Brady will quickly learn to exploit.

Houshmazode
06-10-2013, 08:39 PM
In the last 3 years Tebow was the worst in completion percentage and off-target throws. I have no idea what NE is planning.

HUMCALC
06-10-2013, 08:43 PM
In the last 3 years Tebow was the worst in completion percentage and off-target throws. I have no idea what NE is planning.

He's played 16 total games in his career

Mk2_Tebow
06-10-2013, 08:48 PM

It's not really worth debating but I will say this ( because I was there at the Jets forum ) I counted 16 Tebow fans that showed up and , I kid you not , triple the amount of fans of other teams ,including Denver , that signed up simply to torment Tebow fans and hate on him 24/7 , it was sheer anything goes insanity . The Jets have the absolute worst classless fan base I have ever seen and I am an active member of over 12 nfl forums and have visited all of them .

Mk2_Tebow
06-10-2013, 08:51 PM

The love

The Hate

He's a Patriot.

Great post! I'm happy for Tebow , going out the way he did with the Jets was a horrible ending to a good story . Whether he makes the team or not , he's getting one more chance to stick somewhere .

Houshmazode
He's played 16 total games in his career
Still a pretty good measure of what he can do. He had good receivers while he was in Denver, he just never learned the offense that Orton ran.

VADER72
I'm glad he got signed by the Pats. Any possible distraction for that team helps us later when the media brings it up when we play them. Can't avoid it! So I'm happy about it.

HUMCALC
06-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Still a pretty good measure of what he can do. He had good receivers while he was in Denver, he just never learned the offense that Orton ran.

If you judged a QB based solely on one season, a lot of GREAT QBs would never have found a home in the NFL

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 09:06 PM
If you judged a QB based solely on one season, a lot of GREAT QBs would never have found a home in the NFL

Sometime it takes time.....but if you prove your worth keeping around sometimes it works out. I look at Rich Gannon as an example. The Patriots drafted him to play safety and he was certain he could play QB in the NFL. It took a looong time of being a backup before he got his shot. Perhaps Tebow will have an opportunity like that one day. The key for Tebow though is to stay valuable as an asset in any role they give him.

HUMCALC
06-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Sometime it takes time.....but if you prove your worth keeping around sometimes it works out. I look at Rich Gannon as an example. The Patriots drafted him to play safety and he was certain he could play QB in the NFL. It took a looong time of being a backup before he got his shot. Perhaps Tebow will have an opportunity like that one day. The key for Tebow though is to stay valuable as an asset in any role they give him.

Absolutely, and Tebow will do anything anyone asks of him. He's never complained in his career

Southtown
06-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I picture him and Josh in a grass field swinging in a circle singing "Reunited and it feels soo good"

You might get a kick out of this then --> https://twitter.com/FakeJoshMcD

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/499877011.jpg?1327090843

theMileHighGuy
06-10-2013, 10:02 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha.... that's pretty good

Southtown
06-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Did you read all the posts/tweets...or whatever they call em? I laughed my butt off at more than a few of them. I really liked this one:

"Timmy, 'member when we lost bad but we didn't care b/c Flight of the Navigator was on and we shortsheeted Elway's bed and laughed all night?"

GoManning
06-10-2013, 10:12 PM
http://i.minus.com/iIhQwcLjS7l9h.gif

BroncoFanNC
06-10-2013, 10:31 PM
If Tom Brady (whos not the most nimble guy) can convert at that rate, then it makes sense to let Tebow do it if needs be. Not saying that will happen, but why let Tom Brady take those hits, when hes proven his line is very capable of helping convert those. Brady is getting older and the fewer unneeded hits the better.

Personally I think the team is more worried about Gronkowskis long term health and are going to stop using Hernandez in those running situations. If Gronk keeps up this injury rate (which has been significant) then Hernandez will need to play a more conventional TE role.
Either way that team has a lot of options on offense, the multitude of threats alone will create mismatches that Brady will quickly learn to exploit.

I don't think all of those are rushes. Conversions are anything I assume. Plus when they run that break neck speed offense, they will literally have no time to get Tebow in there.

BroncoFanNC
06-10-2013, 10:37 PM
The Onions headline for the day:

Patriots Sign New Long Snapper.

BroncosAreMyFavorite
06-10-2013, 10:38 PM
He will probably get more toughes than Gronk this year. Good luck to Tebow.

I am wondering out loud if he will wear a QB # or a TE #

atwaterandstir
06-10-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't think all of those are rushes. Conversions are anything I assume. Plus when they run that break neck speed offense, they will literally have no time to get Tebow in there.

Yeah im sure they were mostly passes, or a least a good number of them. Those that werent, were set up by the quick snap offense.
But they clearly have a plan for his skills, what that will be is anybodys guess. I think thats a value BB sees in him as well. The unknown....

#24 Next Champ
06-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Crazy...

Awesome for Teebs tho I think that's a perfect fit (I can see Tebow thanking God right now for putting him in a great place) lol

I'm rootin for him, except when he plays us ofcourse ...goodluck Tim!

#24 Next Champ
06-10-2013, 11:40 PM
CP to anyway that goes on the Pats boards and posts his college career stats and accomplishments. :D

Hahaha, that's a great one lol

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Absolutely, and Tebow will do anything anyone asks of him. He's never complained in his career

no. he won't. Teams asked him to try other positions and he refused to even try.

Frankenpost
06-11-2013, 05:49 AM
What a great thread, you guys rock. :coffee:

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 07:20 AM
no. he won't. Teams asked him to try other positions and he refused to even try.

What teams "asked him to play other positions and he refused to try"?
The Broncos? The Jets? Cause those are the only teams hes played for. There were reports that teams (who he didnt play for) asked his agent if he would consider a position change. Thats the extent of it.
There was never any "refusal" to try, that is your spin on it. Tebow played many roles outside of traditional QB for both teams hes played on. And you can guarantee hes going to play another unconventional role on his 3rd team.

Spice 1
06-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I can see the Patriots blowing the Jets out this year, and Bill putting Tebow in at quarterback just to make them look stupid. That would be a total Belichick move.

People love to hate Tebow as much as people love the guy, so I'm glad he's still in the league (if only for a little while). The worst part about all of this, is that it makes Merril Hoge relevant again.

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 07:36 AM
What teams "asked him to play other positions and he refused to try"?
The Broncos? The Jets? Cause those are the only teams hes played for. There were reports that teams (who he didnt play for) asked his agent if he would consider a position change. Thats the extent of it.
There was never any "refusal" to try, that is your spin on it. Tebow played many roles outside of traditional QB for both teams hes played on. And you can guarantee hes going to play another unconventional role on his 3rd team.

Maybe you don't recall how Tebow threw a fit and refused to run the wildcat for NYJ last season when McElroy was promoted ahead of him.

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 07:37 AM
I can see the Patriots blowing the Jets out this year, and Bill putting Tebow in at quarterback just to make them look stupid. That would be a total Belichick move.

People love to hate Tebow as much as people love the guy, so I'm glad he's still in the league (if only for a little while). The worst part about all of this, is that it makes Merril Hoge relevant again.

Hoge was 100% right about Tebow and people still revile Hoge for what he said....go figure.

samparnell
06-11-2013, 07:40 AM
IMO the better career move for TT would have been to play in Canada.

Spice 1
06-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Hoge was 100% right about Tebow and people still revile Hoge for what he said....go figure.

Please. Merril Hoge went out of his way to make personal attacks on Tebow, because he's a hateful person. That's all that is. It may have started out as an honest player evaluation, but it's become a personal vendetta for that guy. I can't stand people like that.

PowderAddict
06-11-2013, 08:00 AM

Thank goodness or we would never of had that playoff win!

PowderAddict
06-11-2013, 08:01 AM

He lined up at WR for Denver during a game. So how is that "refusing to try"?

Hard to take a guy seriously who said that Tebow needed to learn to throw with his right arm :laugh:

kcvet
06-11-2013, 08:19 AM
from CBS sports. terms

snip

And ye, it was done. Tim Tebow was officially signed by the New England Patriots on Tuesday, a day after the rumors and reports nearly shut down the Internet.

The team announced the deal Tuesday morning with a press conference from Bill Belichick planned at 10:45 a.m. ET. CNN and other major media networks are already in the neighborhood apparently. It should be fun.

Less fun will be Tebow's first few days on the Patriots. He's a good fit with the team but the media crush during his initial run with the team is going to be brutal even though he's simply a backup quarterback trying to make the team.

There's no guarantee of that either. And if you don't believe me, well, the numbers speak for themselves: Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Tebow's signed a two-year deal with no guaranteed money.

Having Tebow on or off the team by the time the season rolls around and the Patriots are getting down to a 53-man roster isn't a big deal for Belichick. They don't owe him any money, they only owe him, now, a slight chance to earn a spot on their roster.

Whether or not he ends up making it may very well depend on whether or not the media hype dies down as the season approaches.

One thing's for certain though. The media is ready. To wit -- today's front page from the Boston Herald via the always fantastic folks at Newseum:

http://webmedia.newseum.org/newseum-multimedia/dfp/jpg11/lg/MA_BH.jpg

link (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22388402/patriots-announce-tim-tebow-signing-reportedly-for-no-guaranteed-money)

no money gracie???

Atwnbroncfan
06-11-2013, 08:30 AM
When Fox and Ryan side stepped Tebow questions the media went nuts. When Belichik does it it's funny and cute to them. When are they going to stop riding this guy? The Patriots can "handle" the Tebow circus because the media doesn't and won't hype it in NE like they would do on every other team.

Denver Mike
06-11-2013, 08:37 AM
He lined up at WR for Denver during a game. So how is that "refusing to try"?

Hard to take a guy seriously who said that Tebow needed to learn to throw with his right arm :laugh:

Hoge (or Hodge however he likes to spell it)

Is just an idiot. Plain and simple.

80stheman
06-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet in this thread, but this is probably why Belichick decided to sign TT:

"The final reason that Tebow is a Patriot drips with irony. Think back to his Broncos career, and criticism of his play was rooted in practice. He's not a practice player. His football brilliance is rooted in improvisation, something that never happens in the controlled workout bubble.

So where will Tebow's greatest value be to the Patriots? Practice, of course. Belichick has made a career of staying a few strides ahead of his competition, whether it's in his creative use of players such as Troy Brown or maximizing the potential of a Tedy Bruschi. The zone-read option is becoming increasingly popular in the NFL. Who better to run it in practice than Tebow? Brady and backup Ryan Mallett aren't mobile. Tebow can provide the Pats' defense with a realistic test." -Troy Renck, Denver Post

Here's the link to the rest of the article:

http://www.denverpost.com/renck/ci_23431637/renck-tebow-circus-wont-be-an-issue-patriots

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 08:54 AM
What's he changing his dogs name to?

PowderAddict
06-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet in this thread, but this is probably why Belichick decided to sign TT:

"The final reason that Tebow is a Patriot drips with irony. Think back to his Broncos career, and criticism of his play was rooted in practice. He's not a practice player. His football brilliance is rooted in improvisation, something that never happens in the controlled workout bubble.

So where will Tebow's greatest value be to the Patriots? Practice, of course. Belichick has made a career of staying a few strides ahead of his competition, whether it's in his creative use of players such as Troy Brown or maximizing the potential of a Tedy Bruschi. The zone-read option is becoming increasingly popular in the NFL. Who better to run it in practice than Tebow? Brady and backup Ryan Mallett aren't mobile. Tebow can provide the Pats' defense with a realistic test." -Troy Renck, Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/renck/ci_23431637/renck-tebow-circus-wont-be-an-issue-patriots

Good point. He's obviously not a starter at this point, but can provide value to a team.

I also think he could be useful converting 2 pointers. He's a beast converting the 2. I'd put him in after every TD. If he converts 60% - 75% (IIRC his converstion % is very good), it would put added pressure on opposing offenses.

It will be interesting to see.

80stheman
06-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Good point. He's obviously not a starter at this point, but can provide value to a team.

I also think he could be useful converting 2 pointers. He's a beast converting the 2. I'd put him in after every TD. If he converts 60% - 75% (IIRC his converstion % is very good), it would put added pressure on opposing offenses.

It will be interesting to see.

Not a bad idea, except if they put him in after a TD the other team will be expecting it. Like when we used him in his rookie season and when the Jets used him last year, for the Wildcat. He would go in for one play, the D knew what he was going to do, and so he was rarely effective. The only time he was able to really do anything productive (ironically) was when he started. The D didn't know what to expect when he was in on every offensive snap.

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Not a bad idea, except if they put him in after a TD the other team will be expecting it. Like when we used him in his rookie season and when the Jets used him last year, for the Wildcat. He would go in for one play, the D knew what he was going to do, and so he was rarely effective. The only time he was able to really do anything productive (ironically) was when he started. The D didn't know what to expect when he was in on every offensive snap.

Pats fans are already talking about the jump pass.

They went from "WHOS GANNA COVAH WELKAH?!?!" to "YA CANT STAWP OWA JUMP TROW!"

samparnell
06-11-2013, 09:16 AM
The so-called "Wildcat" is an extremely watered down version of the Single Wing. One of the best Single Wing books is Winning Single Wing Football by Ken Keuffel. Bill Belichick wrote an endorsement saying, "The principles of single wing football are enduring, and they're all covered by Ken Keuffel. Every coach in football can profit by reading this book."

Tebow would fit well in a full Single Wing. It is possible that Belichick might have such a package in mind. As a defensive minded coach, he studies offensive systems. He visited Gainesville several times when Tebow was there in order to learn the Spread Option. That helped him defend it when NE played Denver in the playoffs.

Vince Lombardi was one of "The Seven Blocks of Granite" on the great Fordham Single Wing teams. When he was HC of the Packers, he was once asked what he thought would happen if the Single Wing returned to pro football. He said, "It would embarrass the hell out of us."

-Rod-
06-11-2013, 09:21 AM

http://twitpic.com/7r5422

Hoge: "It's embarrassing to think the Broncos could win with Tebow!!"

Tebow has a winning record as a starter and he even won a playoff game, so Hoge was 100% wrong.

Hoge himself admitted he was wrong:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33852245

"Merril Hoge admits he was wrong on Tim Tebow"

Turns out, college "rah rah speeches" do work in the NFL. And even Hoge can admit that now. During a Monday appearance on ESPN's Mike & Mike radio show, he owned up to his mistake.

"The lessons that (the Broncos) are showing (are) what sports are about. ... I've been obviously very hard on Tim Tebow, very critical of him as a quarterback and his skill set," he said.

"... I've been wrong on a lot of levels with (Tebow). I've lost the ability, or the opportunity, I should say ... to shed light on what an amazing story (about) how he has worked, persevered, changed -- his diligence -- all those things that you try to teach young people ... (what) sports are really about."

Even when he admits he is wrong, people still think he is right. Why? Because, as Mike Klis said, his critics seem to be louder than his fans.

PowderAddict
06-11-2013, 09:37 AM

Not the same as a 2 point conversion. He was used effectively in Denver on the 2 pt conversions. He was very good, in fact I can't remember where he attempted one and failed. Small sample size, but as long as he's converting >50% it would pay off.

berlownacyo7s
06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm glad Tebow is getting a chance with the Pats. The one person in this league who really believes in Tim Tebow is Josh McDaniels, and I'd like to see how those two would work together over the course of a couple of years to develop Tim's NFL game. The one thing I think Tim really needs is a coaching staff that supports him; not one that inherited him from the previous staff or one that was forced to take him by the owner/GM. I still think that Tebow could be a legitimate NFL QB (if not QB, then some other type of impact player; such as a wildcat/option/etc. player). If he can sit on NE's bench for a year or two, learn the game, fix his throwing consistency a little bit, then I really think the Pats are getting a steal here. No risk, high reward signing by a classy organization that can handle the media attention (unlike the Jets).

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Remember when Belichick was a genius for taking a chance on Haynesworth, and he was going to fix everything wrong and we'd all be sorry?

Yeah, I do too.

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Remember when Belichick was a genius for taking a chance on Haynesworth, and he was going to fix everything wrong and we'd all be sorry?

Yeah, I do too.

He was a genius because he was able to sign a guy- two years into his 100 million dollar contract for 1.5 million...all it cost them was a 5th round pick.
As for "fixing everything" and everyone "being sorry" thats your own added little twist.

-Rod-
06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Maybe Tebow will be cut next week. Maybe he will be on the final roster. At least he's currently in the NFL, which is fair considering the other QBs on training camp rosters.

Br0nc0Buster
06-11-2013, 10:23 AM

This would make sense if he was on the practice squad, but he isnt eliegible
So are you really going to use a roster spot that could be a defensive depth and ST play for a guy to help you practice against the wildcat?

Why not just practice against an actual RB instead of a fullback esque player

There is no scenario where they improve by taking Brady off the field for Tebow, also I am not sure he would be any better at TE or FB/HB than they guys they already have

Can he be a good ST gunner/tackler?

Ultimately I doubt he makes the team
I think McDaniels talked Belicheck into signing him to see if he can get something out of him
This probably will not amount to anything

-Rod-
06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
The Broncos carried Caleb Hanie last year. Some teams carry a 3rd QB on the final roster. This might be the Patriots' plan. No zone-read option, no goal line plays. Just sit and learn from Tom Brady. McDaniels is there, they have a spread offense with a lot of shotgun. If Tebow can't develop his game in New England, he probably won't do it anywhere else.

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 10:39 AM
The Broncos carried Caleb Hanie last year. Some teams carry a 3rd QB on the final roster. This might be the Patriots' plan. No zone-read option, no goal line plays. Just sit and learn from Tom Brady. McDaniels is there, they have a spread offense with a lot of shotgun. If Tebow can't develop his game in New England, he probably won't do it anywhere else.

Good post, and the other factor is Ryan Mallett. Hes not going to be with the team next year (barring some serious injury to Brady) they need someone in to learn the offense, I highly doubt the team would go into next season with out a familiar back-up.
Tebow was brought in to be a serviceable back-up. And with the quality oline they have and the multiple skill players they have, I feel if necessary he could step in and be successful. He wont be running for his life, and he wont be asked to duck and run. McDaniels and BB will put him into situations where he can excell.

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Good post, and the other factor is Ryan Mallett. Hes not going to be with the team next year (barring some serious injury to Brady) they need someone in to learn the offense, I highly doubt the team would go into next season with out a familiar back-up.
Tebow was brought in to be a serviceable back-up. And with the quality oline they have and the multiple skill players they have, I feel if necessary he could step in and be successful. He wont be running for his life, and he wont be asked to duck and run. McDaniels and BB will put him into situations where he can excell.

Why would they keep Tebow over Mallett?

ERoyal248
06-11-2013, 11:04 AM

Wait a second. Are you saying they will keep Tebow over Mallet who they spent a 2nd or 3rd on? His deal has zero guaranteed money.

He will be 3rd string QB or goal line back at times if he even makes the team. They aren't getting rid of mallet for Tebow.

BroncoFanBoy
06-11-2013, 11:09 AM

Mallett knows the Patriots system. Tebow can only run his read-option. If they traded Mallett to make Tebow the backup, that would be dumb.

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Wait a second. Are you saying they will keep Tebow over Mallet who they spent a 2nd or 3rd on? His deal has zero guaranteed money.

He will be 3rd string QB or goal line back at times if he even makes the team. They aren't getting rid of mallet for Tebow.

Not this year....your absolutely right. Tebow doesnt know the system, but they drafted Mallet to get a return. Their third round pick was used to net a future second (which is what they were trying to get this draft) or a future 1st (which is what they are asking in next years draft)

HUMCALC
06-11-2013, 11:29 AM

So far in his career he's lined up as a: QB, RB, WR, and Blocker on STs. He refused to enter the last game because they implied that if Sanchez didn't play, that he'd get a chance. They did him wrong, not the other way around

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Mallett knows the Patriots system. Tebow can only run his read-option. If they traded Mallett to make Tebow the backup, that would be dumb.

They didnt do it to trade Mallett immediately. They have this season to keep him and show his value (preseason) then they have the offseason to deal him. (they even tried before the draft) but now its not likely to happen this season because hes the only other QB familiar with the system.
But barring an injury to Brady hes a lock to be on another team next year. So who does that leave as the QB with any familiarity in the offense?

ERoyal248
06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Not this year....your absolutely right. Tebow doesnt know the system, but they drafted Mallet to get a return. Their third round pick was used to net a future second (which is what they were trying to get this draft) or a future 1st (which is what they are asking in next years draft)

Maybe they did, no one knows. His deal has zero guaranteed money, they could just as easily cut him after camp or whenever. Tebow not Mallet.

And they aren't getting a future 1. Maybe a 2-3 at most.

BroncoFanBoy
06-11-2013, 12:00 PM
They didnt do it to trade Mallett immediately. They have this season to keep him and show his value (preseason) then they have the offseason to deal him. (they even tried before the draft) but now its not likely to happen this season because hes the only other QB familiar with the system.
But barring an injury to Brady hes a lock to be on another team next year. So who does that leave as the QB with any familiarity in the offense?

Tebow would have some familiarity with the offense, yes, but, like I said with him and Manning, Tebow and Brady are completely different QB's. Brady has his complex offense which works so well and Tebow has read-option. The Patriots would have to learn two completely different offenses if Brady got hurt and Mallett wasn't around. Tebow is probably the last QB in the NFL I'd trust to run a Tom Brady- led offense. Even if he learns in the future, his skills wouldn't work in there.

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Maybe they did, no one knows. His deal has zero guaranteed money, they could just as easily cut him after camp or whenever. Tebow not Mallet.

And they aren't getting a future 1. Maybe a 2-3 at most.

They will get a 2nd at least.
As far as being cut...your right it certainly could happen but if were more likely than not they wouldn't have released the other guy (name slipped my mind)

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 12:02 PM
He was a genius because he was able to sign a guy- two years into his 100 million dollar contract for 1.5 million...all it cost them was a 5th round pick.
As for "fixing everything" and everyone "being sorry" thats your own added little twist.

uh, no. It's not. Everyone was saying that Haynesworth would be come the dominant player he was supposed to be and Belichick would get his attitude under control.

You can misremember that if you choose to do so, but that's what happened.

BroncoFanBoy
06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I love how Belichick handled all the Tebow questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FxPqJvLtEW4#!

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
uh, no. It's not. Everyone was saying that Haynesworth would be come the dominant player he was supposed to be and Belichick would get his attitude under control.

I don't remember any experts saying anything more than if an attitude change could happen and if he could become a dominant force then NE and BB were as good a chance as anybody.
Perhaps you take too much stock in message board opinions...

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM

I don't remember any experts saying anything more than if an attitude change could happen and if he could become a dominant force then NE and BB were as good a chance as anybody.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/redskins-trade-albert-haynesworth-to-patriots/

"WOW,5th round pick 2013.good move by the Pats.BB will have playing like a pro bowler"

"this is the kind of deal that get bill the rings, takes someone problem for nothing just like Moss and will go there and have monster years."

"As a Pats fan this is either the shot in our defenses arm we need, or the single biggest mistake of Bills career as a coach."

"Wow only a 5th? Great trade for the pats… Billichek is the only coach that can keep this guy werking… If he can’t he’s a lost cause…"

"WOW!!! Didnt see that coming!!! Hopefully he can get his act together and be the player he once was. I have my doubts, but we will see."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/6811622/albert-haynesworth-washington-redskins-traded-new-england-patriots-sources-say

"Wow Wilfork/Haynesworth, I lost yardage just thinking about it."

"Wow. I hate the Pats front office. A 5th round pick..IN 2013!?!?! For Haynesworth?! Thats just insane. INSANE.

Patriots are going to be even MORE of a huge threat now. They make bad attitudes dissappear and they'll do it with Haynesworth. And in the case that they dont....oh well...they wasted a FIFTH ROUND pick in 2013.

What a crazy good deal.

I'm very jealous.

Go Falcons."

"If anyone thinks this is a bad move for the pats, it's because your either an idiot or a haynesworth haters, 2-3 years ago this guy was considered one of the best defensive players in the league, he was used properly in washington to maximize his value so he became disgruntled, if any team knows how to handle a guy like this, it's one with belichick as the head coach, this was a steal for the pats, only gave up a 5th round pick for a guy who any team in the league would have given 100+ million t..."

....and those are just the ones I grabbed in 2 mins. :laugh:

Also, I didn't say "experts" but I'll go get their opinions real quick if you'd like. Plenty of them were saying it was a genius move and BB would turn him around.

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Just like i thought message board experts...

Also what's Hayneswimorth got to do with anything...its a useless connection

broncos SB2010
So far in his career he's lined up as a: QB, RB, WR, and Blocker on STs. He refused to enter the last game because they implied that if Sanchez didn't play, that he'd get a chance. They did him wrong, not the other way around

...but i thought tebow would would do what ever the team wanted???

CoryWinget81

ahem..

Dan Graziano:

"Can Haynesworth help the Patriots? Yes, I believe he can. They run a 3-4 defense, which was supposedly his problem in Washington. But Bill Belichick has a history of getting something out of malcontent players who wash out elsewhere. Randy Moss springs to mind, and all those records he set with Tom Brady in 2007. The Patriots will try to do a better job of selling Haynesworth on their defense and his potential role in it than Shanahan and Jim Haslett got a chance to in Washington. "

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 12:15 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8210b348/article/haynesworth-is-exactly-what-patriots-defense-needs

New England is the perfect environment for Albert Haynesworth. I love this acquisition by Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

Is Haynesworth difficult? Without question. But surround him with the right teammates, like the strong leaders in the Patriots locker room, and he will comply. Like most players, Haynesworth needs to be led, he needs to be coached and he needs to be put in the best possible position to succeed. And this is what New England does better than any other organization in the league.

I know Haynesworth has lazy tendencies. I know he does not play hard all the time. But when he does, he is a game changer. He is a player everyone fears, because never can one offensive lineman handle him. The Patriots get a motivated Haynesworth, who will be out to prove his naysayers wrong -- especially Redskins coach Mike Shanahan. Haynesworth and Shanahan got off on the wrong foot and it went from bad to worse quickly and is the reason why he is now in New England. You can bet Haynesworth is already eyeballing the Patriots-Redskins game in D.C. in Week 14.

The Patriots have a good defense, but it struggles when it can't play its own style. The shocking loss to the lowly Browns in 2010 is a perfect example. The Browns were a terrible team when put in third down and long, but excelled in third and short. So when playing Cleveland, defenses knew they needed to create negative plays to gain control of the game. But the Patriots could not do this. They allowed the Browns to always be in third and short, which they were able to convert and keep the ball away from Tom Brady and the explosive offense. The Pats ranked dead last in the league on third-down conversions and they entered the offseason with the goal of trying to find players who could be disruptive.

Enter Haynesworth. When he is on the field, he has to be doubled. With Vince Wilfork lining up next to him, it spells more than trouble for opposing offensive lines. The Patriots now have two power players who will be impossible for linemen to handle. Watch the negative plays pile up for the Patriots this season.

....you were saying?

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 12:17 PM
ahem..

Dan Graziano:

"Can Haynesworth help the Patriots? Yes, I believe he can. They run a 3-4 defense, which was supposedly his problem in Washington. But Bill Belichick has a history of getting something out of malcontent players who wash out elsewhere. Randy Moss springs to mind, and all those records he set with Tom Brady in 2007. The Patriots will try to do a better job of selling Haynesworth on their defense and his potential role in it than Shanahan and Jim Haslett got a chance to in Washington. "

That's a great example....what's it got to do with Tebow?

Jay3
06-11-2013, 12:18 PM

I understand you're supporting him, but actually he didn't refuse to go in, he had a blowout with Rex where he said something to the effect that if he's not going to be in line for a quarterback then Rex can cram the Wildcat stuff. He circled back and apologized, and said he would do whatever they asked. So it was one fight, where the air wasn't clear for two days. It happens.

I though it was a refreshing change to see Tebow let it out for once. And if most people were honest, they would see it that way, too. But instead they cherish the memory that he "refused to go in."

Broncoholic JS
06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
ust imagine this - Broncos 28, Patriots 24 late 4th quarter. Tebow is driving because Brady went down with an injury. Ball at 35 (2nd and 8 ) with 1:01 on the clock. Tebow drops back and hits Hernandez for a first down. Ball at 1, :45 left to go. Tebow drops back, runs around for a bit, looks to the endzone, pass tipped at LOS, Champ Bailey rips it away and goes all the way for a touchdown 99 yards!! Broncos win 35-24!!!

Can you say redemption, sweet redemption!! Edited · Like · 1 · More · 2 minutes ag

Peanut
06-11-2013, 12:19 PM
When did this become a Haynesworth thread?

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
as soon as cory made the absurd correlation

HUMCALC
06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I understand you're supporting him, but actually he didn't refuse to go in, he had a blowout with Rex where he said something to the effect that if he's not going to be in line for a quarterback then Rex can cram the Wildcat stuff. He circled back and apologized, and said he would do whatever they asked. So it was one fight, where the air wasn't clear for two days. It happens.

I though it was a refreshing change to see Tebow let it out for once. And if most people were honest, they would see it that way, too. But instead they cherish the memory that he "refused to go in."

Yes, I was also glad that he stood up for himself. I wished that after they cut him, that he'd rip them a new one for going back on their word

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 12:22 PM

When I made the comparison that everyone was sure that BB would turn Haynesworth, and otherwise worthless player, around, and he was a genius for picking him up.

Very comparable to what's we're discussing.

Then someone says I'm making stuff up and got proved wrong.

I guess that's how that kind of happened.

PowderAddict
06-11-2013, 12:22 PM

Everyone huh? I might remember a few statements, but it was hardly the loud masses crying out like you seem to "remember" :laugh:

Most were saying it was a low risk, potentially great reward. There wasn't this groundswell of EVERYONE saying "You'll be sorry!!!!".

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
as soon as cory made the absurd correlation

What's absurd?

People are saying NE is the perfect fit for Tebow.
People said NE was the perfect fit for Haynesworth.
I pointed out that it didn't work last time like everyone predicted.
You called me a liar and called my credibility into question.
You got proven wrong.

But, okay. I'm being absurd.

Peanut
06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
When I made the comparison that everyone was sure that BB would turn Haynesworth, and otherwise worthless player, around, and he was a genius for picking him up.

Very comparable to what's we're discussing.

Then someone says I'm making stuff up and got proved wrong.

I guess that's how that kind of happened.

Okay.

Well, let's get back to praising/bashing Tebow, okay?

Thanks.

PowderAddict
06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
What's absurd?

People are saying NE is the perfect fit for Tebow.
People said NE was the perfect fit for Haynesworth.
I pointed out that it didn't work last time like everyone predicted.
You called me a liar and called my credibility into question.
You got proven wrong.

But, okay. I'm being absurd.

People said Cory Dillon was washed up and couldn't play, he helped them win a world championship.

Since we're assuming ONE past example (Haynesworth) = Current example (Tebow), I'm just going to change the name Haynesworth to Dillon.

So, Since Dillon helped them to a world title, Tebow will too!

See how rediculous this logic is?

80stheman
06-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Not the same as a 2 point conversion. He was used effectively in Denver on the 2 pt conversions. He was very good, in fact I can't remember where he attempted one and failed. Small sample size, but as long as he's converting >50% it would pay off.

That's true, and he is good at getting 2 yards even when the D knows he's going to run it.

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 12:28 PM
People said Cory Dillon was washed up and couldn't play, he helped them win a world championship.

Since we're assuming ONE past example (Haynesworth) = Current example (Tebow), I'm just going to change the name Haynesworth to Dillon.

So, Since Dillon helped them to a world title, Tebow will too!

See how rediculous this logic is?

I don't recall anyone saying he was washed up. (see how this works?)

PowderAddict
06-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't recall anyone saying he was washed up. (see how this works?)

Now you get it. :salute:

CoryWinget81
06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't think there's anything the coaching staff in NE will do for him that would help him.

They have championship aspirations and a top 3 QB. They're going to put in extra time and effort to mold a 3rd string QB in to a viable starter when they already have a backup that knows the system?

Then, there are the comments that he will "learn from Brady". How? Osmosis?

I think they brought him in to check him out at TE and run scout team offenses when they play read-option teams. I think he makes the final roster as their 4th TE, ST gunner, and emergency QB.

80stheman
06-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't think there's anything the coaching staff in NE will do for him that would help him.

They have championship aspirations and a top 3 QB. They're going to put in extra time and effort to mold a 3rd string QB in to a viable starter when they already have a backup that knows the system?

I think they brought him in to check him out at TE and run scout team offenses when the play read-option teams. I think he makes the final roster as their 4th TE, ST gunner, and emergency QB.

I think that makes the most sense,

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes, I was also glad that he stood up for himself. I wished that after they cut him, that he'd rip them a new one for going back on their word

So you think the jets should have played tebow even though he had shown them he wasnt a good option?

-Rod-
06-11-2013, 12:38 PM
According to coach Jim Washburn, Haynesworth is finished because he has a degenerative back. Plus, we all saw Haynesworth showing lack of effort on the field. I think Tebow is in a different situation. He is young, he is healthy and teams usually have more patience when they're developing a QB. A strong team like the Patriots can keep a third QB inactive on the final roster for two years and try to develop him. They only have Tom Brady today because they decided to keep him as the fourth QB in his rookie year.

For Tebow, the situation could not be better. There is no pressure, he will be coached by the guy that had a vision for him and he can also study with a HoF QB. So, Tebow is not ouf of the NFL like so many people predicted. They were wrong again. Now wait and see what happens.

fightinglee
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM

I think they brought him in to check him out at TE and run scout team offenses when they play read-option teams. I think he makes the final roster as their 4th TE, ST gunner, and emergency QB.

Well apparently a guy named Belichick disagrees.

theMileHighGuy
06-11-2013, 12:46 PM

:laugh: :laugh:

-Rod-
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
If the Patriots wanted a TE or special teamer, they would have signed one. It's easier than teaching a QB to block, run routes and catch the ball. Tebow is replacing Mike Kafka as the third QB. He is on an NFL roster, so what? It can last or it can end in a hurry. The problem is when people speak about him in absolute terms. "He will never play QB in the NFL." "He will never be a starting QB in the NFL." "He will never win as a starting QB." "He will never win a playoff game." "He will never play in the NFL again." It looks foolish after they are proven wrong again and again. I don't have such hatred for a guy that helped the Broncos win a playoff game. I don't share his personal beliefs but I wish him well and hope he enjoys a successful career.

HUMCALC
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
So you think the jets should have played tebow even though he had shown them he wasnt a good option?

Did he show any less than Greg McElroy?

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 01:16 PM

Obviously he did

GoManning
06-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Bill Belichick Press Conference Transcript - 6/11/2013

Q: What can you tell us about your decision to sign Tim Tebow? What is it about his personality or attitude that leads you to believe that he can contribute to the team?

BB: Anything we do is what we feel is in the best interests of the team. Tim is a talented player that is smart and works hard. We’ll see how it goes.

Q: How much of a consideration was the attention that was going to come before making the decision to sign him?

BB: None, we try to do what’s best for the team.

Q: How do you deal with a player coming in with all this fanfare and celebrity? Do you have to sit him down and talk to him?

BB: In all honesty, we’ve been in front of bigger crowds than this before. We’ll just keep doing what our job is. We’re going to try to get better as a football team, individually and collectively, and that’s what we’re going to do.

Q: How do you plan to use him? What position?

BB: We’ll try to do what we think is best for our football team. I don’t know, we’ll see.

Q: Is it possible he could be used on special teams or defense in addition to offense?

BB: We’ll see, I don’t know.

Q: Specific to his off-field traits, what are some things you liked about Tim Tebow when you evaluated him?

BB: He’s a talented guy, he’s smart, he works hard. We’ve all seen him play. He can do a lot of things – we’ve seen that.

Q: Specific to that position though, do you have an ideal number depth-wise for the 53-man roster?

BB: No.

Q: Can you talk about your relationship with Tim? You’ve known him a long time, obviously there are things you like.

BB: Yeah, I like Tim. I have a lot of respect for Tim.

Q: Have you had a close relationship with him over the years?

BB: I’ve never coached him before so I wouldn’t…I’m certainly closer with a lot of the players that I’ve coached through my career.

Q: People around the league question his ability to play quarterback in the NFL. How do you feel about that?

BB: I’ve already said that.

Q: I’m talking about specifically at quarterback.

BB: I’ve answered the question twice. He’s a talented player who is smart and works hard.

Q: Will you discuss with him some of the ancillary stuff that seems to come with him? You know, the way his training camp was covered last year with the Jets and what he’ll be doing outside of football.

BB: We have a team full of players. Everybody has a job to do and I’m sure he’ll try to do it the best that he can. We’ll all try to do our jobs the best that we can.

Q: From a team standpoint, you try to eliminate distractions. Are you worried this will cause a distraction? Just look at the number of people who are here.

BB: Hopefully there will be more than that at the games on Sundays.

Q: Will you have an objection to him kneeling down after a big play and ‘Tebowing’ if you will?

BB: I think we’ve already talked enough about him. We’ll see how he does and just go from there.

Q: Can you answer that question? Will you care if he does it?

BB: I think I’ve covered it.

Q: How is Ryan Mallett’s offseason going?

BB: Good, solid. He’s improved every year he’s been here. He’s done a good job.

Q: Tim Tebow had a chance to work with Vinny Testaverde. Did that weigh into this decision at all?

BB: I haven’t talked to Vinny in a couple years.

Q: Is Ryan Mallett entrenched as the second quarterback or do you see Tim Tebow coming in and competing for that spot?

BB: Right now, everybody is out there just trying to learn their position, learn their assignments and we’ll let the competition go in training camp, like we usually do.

Q: How much does a player have to learn coming in at this part of the season to adapt to the system?

BB: I don’t know.

Q: Is it different with everyone?

BB: We’ve been in three weeks of OTAs so whatever that is, that’s what it is. Four weeks, it’s four weeks. A week of training camp is a week of training camp. A regular season game is a regular season game. It all adds up every day. You do the math, I don’t know.

Q: Is Alfonzo Dennard good to go? Will he be out there today?

BB: He’ll do what he can do.

Q: How much have you stayed in touch with Rob Gronkowski over the last few weeks? Is there any concern about his availability for the start of the season?

BB: All of our players except one have been here regularly through the offseason up until this week. We see them all on a regular basis.

Q: Are all the players here in this camp?

BB: They are.

Q: Have you been thinking about this signing for awhile?

BB: We go through personnel in the league on a daily basis; the personnel department and we meet periodically from time to time, all throughout the year, all 365 days basically.

Q: You had some strong words in response to a report last week saying you didn’t like Tim Tebow as a player. Were you upset that something was being put out there on your behalf?

BB: I don’t have anything to add.

Q: Have you had any conversations with Urban Meyer in the last 48 hours?

BB: Whatever conversations I have with anybody would be between myself and that person anyways. I don’t think that’s anything that would be shared publicly.

Q: There’s the thought that Tim Tebow needs a few adjustments to thrive. Do you see it that way?

BB: We’ll see how it goes.

Q: How much does Josh McDaniels’ background with Tim Tebow help? How big a part was he in this decision?

BB: I don’t know.

Q: He drafted him, I would think he would be part of that decision.

BB: There are a lot of people in the organization that contributed in all decisions, like there usually are. I couldn’t put a percentage on it, if that’s what you’re looking for.

Q: What was the general reaction from Tebow’s camp after getting the call from you guys?

BB: I don’t know, you’d have to talk to them about that.

Q: You didn’t get a feel for it at all?

BB: You’d have to talk to them. I don’t want to represent what somebody else said or thought.

Q: Tim Tebow was available for five weeks. Could you have gotten him in earlier perhaps?

BB: There are a lot of things in the offseason – the timing is different for one reason or another. There are player transactions pretty much every day from the first day of free agency. They’ll be there all the way up until the end of training camp. I think each one is a little bit different. That’s just the way it is.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Bill-Belichick-Press-Conference-Transcript---6112013/185e0f94-dac5-432a-8cd1-87df6a78391a

fightinglee
06-11-2013, 01:23 PM

ha. True

The few throws i saw Tebow make with the jets in games, he threw well. He had a long pass that bounced off the WR's hands. Rex Ryan is a terrible coach. Come on. His teams always have locker room problems and he makes it worse because he is a cancer himself. I could totally see him doing what he did with passing over tebow and using him as a punt blocker only to mock the GM and make a point. He is a terrible coach and i think makes decisions based primarily on emotional responses.

theMileHighGuy
06-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Bill Belichick Press Conference Transcript - 6/11/2013

LOL... BB can be such a jerk.

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
ha. True

The few throws i saw Tebow make with the jets in games, he threw well. He had a long pass that bounced off the WR's hands. Rex Ryan is a terrible coach. Come on. His teams always have locker room problems and he makes it worse because he is a cancer himself. I could totally see him doing what he did with passing over tebow and using him as a punt blocker only to mock the GM and make a point. He is a terrible coach and i think makes decisions based primarily on emotional responses.

Rex Ryan a terrible coach??? Thats ridiculous.

fightinglee
06-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Rex Ryan a terrible coach??? Thats ridiculous.

I wouldnt say he was a few years back, when he took the team over, but I do say it now. How many good coaches do see take a team and make them worse over several years? Are they better or worse now than when he got them?

He took a team that was 9 and 7 (was 8 and 3 i believe at one point that season). He made them 9 and 7 again. They then climaxed at 11 and 4. Then 8 and 8 and 6 and 10. The team is a mess now. Maybe that is not all his fault, but Mangini put together a decent team for him, and they did well. Now they suck a few years later. How do you measure coach success?

broncos SB2010
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I wouldnt say he was a few years back, when he took the team over, but I do say it now. How many good coaches do see take a team and make them worse over several years? Are they better or worse now than when he got them?

He took a team that was 9 and 7 (was 8 and 3 i believe at one point that season). He made them 9 and 7 again. They then climaxed at 11 and 4. Then 8 and 8 and 6 and 10. The team is a mess now. Maybe that is not all his fault, but Mangini put together a decent team for him, and they did well. Now they suck a few years later. How do you measure coach success?

Rex is great coach. Period. The NYJ are a little dysfunctional and Rex could have done a better job but terrible? Not even close.

dizzolve
06-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I always liked Rex. Seems like he's mellowing though - could be the fact that he's challenged by the adversity the past couple years.

It seems like the front office over there is not all on the same page as well.

fightinglee
06-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Rex is great coach. Period. The NYJ are a little dysfunctional and Rex could have done a better job but terrible? Not even close.

he is terrible. Period.

No, just kidding. A little dysfunctional?? That seems an understatement.

You can believe he is a great coach if you want. I dont know too many GREAT coaches that take a team down as far as he has, or make them inconsistent as he has, but you have your opinion and that's cool. I wouldn't want him coaching my team. Was terrible a little over the top? Yeah. I believe he can be a good defensive coach, but I believe he is not a great head coach. And he is showing that now. No doubt he had great success with that Defense early on. Would you take him, even over John Fox? And to clarify, i am not the biggest john fox fan at all.

In any case, I am interested to see what comes of Tebow down the road. If he moprhs into a RB or TE or whatever. I don' think that BB went out for him just for grins. That does not seem to be his style. It might just be as a backup QB, but in any case, i believe he got him because he thinks he can contribute and has a plan. We shall see.

ruksak
06-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I just love the way BB deflects these ridiculous media questions..."We'll see...I dunno".

Perfect.

bronx_2003
06-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I think BB is a good coach, but gets over-rated by some people.

Bernie24
06-11-2013, 03:45 PM
BB has the best interviews of anyone in pro sports. Love it.

Jay3
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM
That's a clinic on how to conduct a press conference when media hype is supposedly a concern. Refreshing after all the "Wah! Circus!" cries.

ERoyal248
06-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Rex is a great coach, amazing defensive coach.

If he gets canned and JDR getsa HC gig would love to have him as DC.

BroncoFanBoy
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Tebow's in the perfect spot now. Bill deflects these media questions great.

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 05:36 PM
^^^^
He does....the media will eventually get tired of the scripted responses.
Its funny the media treats him differently then they would treat most coaches, it may take some time, but the circus will de down.

BroncoFanBoy
06-11-2013, 05:40 PM
^^^^
He does....the media will eventually get tired of the scripted responses.
Its funny the media treats him differently then they would treat most coaches, it may take some time, but the circus will de down.

What Belichick is doing is probably the greatest thing a head coach has done for Tebow since he got drafted.

atwaterandstir
06-11-2013, 05:57 PM
What Belichick is doing is probably the greatest thing a head coach has done for Tebow since he got drafted.

I agree, the best chance Tebow will have in the NFL is in NE. Regardless of schemes, depth chart, usage, whatever, he will finally have someone that helps him calm the surrounding noise. (Although I feel he welcomes it for the most part)

stuckinjax
06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
I followed him ..kinda. I cheered the few moments he was on the field and giggled watching Sanchez make a fool of himself. I guess its safe to scrape the sticker off my car that says I love the Patriots and whatever team Tebow is on

stuckinjax
06-11-2013, 07:24 PM
No guarantee he stays there.

No but for the moment he is and hopefully he will be for a while, there is much he can learn from them

Jay3
06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I guess its safe to scrape the sticker off my car that says I love the Patriots and whatever team Tebow is on

But it's perfect. It has a certain ironic flair.

And, it could come in handy in the future. :D

stuckinjax
06-11-2013, 07:42 PM
But it's perfect. It has a certain ironic flair.

And, it could come in handy in the future. :D

I ordered 5 to replace as they wore out..hopefully I wont need the 4 remaining

GoManning
06-12-2013, 02:43 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tim+Tebow+New+England+Patriots+Minicamp+-B9JsFHsHaxx.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tim+Tebow+New+England+Patriots+Minicamp+2GVyMFI9wA nx.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tim+Tebow+New+England+Patriots+Minicamp+GYp4ZXsobe yx.jpg

GoManning
06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tim+Tebow+New+England+Patriots+Minicamp+GIJ4t0KMCN hx.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tim+Tebow+New+England+Patriots+Minicamp+ab2PNzVo0G 2x.jpg

JJBroncoFan
06-12-2013, 10:01 PM

I see these kind of comments a lot and don't really understand the thought process. Why let other peoples obsession on either side of the argument decide who you root for? The guy is all class, works his tail off without complaining, sends out a positive message and on and on. Btw that Tebow forum was mostly the fans bashing him, not praising him.

JJBroncoFan
06-12-2013, 10:15 PM

Then why did Hoge himself take back the majorty of the negative things he said about Tebow during our winning streak? Was he right when he said that winning is all that matters and Tebow does just that? Let me guess, it only counts when you agree?

BroncoFanDK
06-13-2013, 12:42 AM
I agree, the best chance Tebow will have in the NFL is in NE. Regardless of schemes, depth chart, usage, whatever, he will finally have someone that helps him calm the surrounding noise. (Although I feel he welcomes it for the most part)

I like Tebow a lot, and there is no doubt that working with Josh McDaniels (or under his tutelage) is the best that could happen for Tebow, but when it comes to depth chart it is pretty much the same situation as in Denver after Peyton signed of what exactly are you going to use Tebow for unless Brady is hurt or retires?

My best bet is that Tebow will be the 2 point conversion specialist/holder... Neither place is like when we had Orton when Tebow was an upgrade in red zone. If Tom Terrific gets another ring then he will retire, and then Tebow is in a sweet spot, and it might work to his benefit if he is a non story for the next year.

theMileHighGuy
06-13-2013, 12:49 AM
I could see some emergency goal line stuff for him. When they spread the defense out down there he can pretty hard to stop.

broncolee
06-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Good for Timmy.

He might actually have time to develop into a real NFL quarterback.

Southstander
06-14-2013, 04:28 PM
I will be get quite a few Patriots Tebow jerseys.

Mk2_Tebow
06-14-2013, 08:20 PM
This is obviously to limit his time with the media but it shows he could be making the roster

Patriots Label Tim Tebow, Tom Brady as Team’s Two ‘Stars’ for 2013

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/patriots-label-tim-tebow-tom-brady-as-teams-two-stars-for-2013/

Tim Tebow joined the Patriots only a few days ago, but he’s already being held in the same regard as Tom Brady — sort of. While the media circus circled around Foxboro earlier this week for Tebow time, the Patriots brushed aside all the extra media members and ignored the added attention, which included a classic Bill Belichick news conference. Now, it appears the Patriots might be buying into the hype. The Patriots announced on Wednesday that Tebow, along with Brady, would be their “star” players for the 2013 season. That might seem like a pretty lofty title for a third-string quarterback, but it might actually be the smartest course of action for the Patriots. The NFL allows each team to have two “star” players, per league rules, each season. Those two players are only required to meet with the media once per week, meaning Belichick will be able to at least limit, if not eliminate altogether, the media frenzy that New England experienced on Tuesday. The label itself may stir up some slight controversy, though not one of the quarterback persuasion, but the limited media access should benefit the Patriots during the season. And now that he’s been labeled a star maybe the Patriots can actually get Tebow to play like one.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/patriots-label-tim-tebow-tom-brady-as-teams-two-stars-for-2013/

broncos SB2010
06-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Good for Timmy.

He might actually have time to develop into a real NFL quarterback.

by the time that happens, he will be too old to hold a football.

atwaterandstir
06-14-2013, 09:11 PM
The designation the Pats gave him today is pretty telling that he will be on the roster. In what capacity who knows, but he can give them QB depth and can be used in many ways, even on STs.
I was waiting to see some direct snap situations in NY off of punt formation and Im not sure even that ever happened. Should be interesting though, they didnt have a need for QB and they rarely ever activated 3 QBs so there is some plan for him.

Peanut
06-14-2013, 10:40 PM
The designation the Pats gave him today is pretty telling that he will be on the roster. In what capacity who knows, but he can give them QB depth and can be used in many ways, even on STs.
I was waiting to see some direct snap situations in NY off of punt formation and Im not sure even that ever happened. Should be interesting though, they didnt have a need for QB and they rarely ever activated 3 QBs so there is some plan for him.

I thought it was more to keep the media away from Tebow.

I'm pretty sure he has a spot on the team, just not sure in what role. I mean, why bother getting him and go through all this if they weren't going to keep him? They don't play games like the Jets, IMO.

atwaterandstir
06-14-2013, 10:43 PM
I thought it was more to keep the media away from Tebow.

I'm pretty sure he has a spot on the team, just not sure in what role. I mean, why bother getting him and go through all this if they weren't going to keep him? They don't play games like the Jets, IMO.

I never knew about the media designation before....its going to drive those guys nuts.

FL BRONCO
06-18-2013, 08:47 AM
This is obviously to limit his time with the media but it shows he could be making the roster

Patriots Label Tim Tebow, Tom Brady as Team’s Two ‘Stars’ for 2013

Tim Tebow joined the Patriots only a few days ago, but he’s already being held in the same regard as Tom Brady — sort of. While the media circus circled around Foxboro earlier this week for Tebow time, the Patriots brushed aside all the extra media members and ignored the added attention, which included a classic Bill Belichick news conference. Now, it appears the Patriots might be buying into the hype. The Patriots announced on Wednesday that Tebow, along with Brady, would be their “star” players for the 2013 season. That might seem like a pretty lofty title for a third-string quarterback, but it might actually be the smartest course of action for the Patriots. The NFL allows each team to have two “star” players, per league rules, each season. Those two players are only required to meet with the media once per week, meaning Belichick will be able to at least limit, if not eliminate altogether, the media frenzy that New England experienced on Tuesday. The label itself may stir up some slight controversy, though not one of the quarterback persuasion, but the limited media access should benefit the Patriots during the season. And now that he’s been labeled a star maybe the Patriots can actually get Tebow to play like one.

Very smart move imo

Potzer01
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
The so-called "Wildcat" is an extremely watered down version of the Single Wing. One of the best Single Wing books is Winning Single Wing Football by Ken Keuffel. Bill Belichick wrote an endorsement saying, "The principles of single wing football are enduring, and they're all covered by Ken Keuffel. Every coach in football can profit by reading this book."

Tebow would fit well in a full Single Wing. It is possible that Belichick might have such a package in mind. As a defensive minded coach, he studies offensive systems. He visited Gainesville several times when Tebow was there in order to learn the Spread Option. That helped him defend it when NE played Denver in the playoffs.

Vince Lombardi was one of "The Seven Blocks of Granite" on the great Fordham Single Wing teams. When he was HC of the Packers, he was once asked what he thought would happen if the Single Wing returned to pro football. He said, "It would embarrass the hell out of us."

I miss you sam. ><

I say spread wishbone offense. Brady takes the snap. Tebow and Hernandez split beside him.

Sets up a possible dive/sweep/power with either tebow or ahern blocking or carrying. Great play action in the flats or deep if you've established the run. Could get silly off a toss and have a throw, or throwback screen. Run a fly sweep action from 1 side with 2 built in blockers or

BroncoFanDK
06-23-2013, 10:57 PM
For Tebow, the situation could not be better. There is no pressure, he will be coached by the guy that had a vision for him and he can also study with a HoF QB. So, Tebow is not out of the NFL like so many people predicted. They were wrong again. Now wait and see what happens.

Exactly!

The thing with Tom Brady (and Peyton Manning for that matter) is that one more SB win (especially for Brady) would cement a legacy of the greatest ever, and I am quite sure that if the Pats won the SB this year with Brady he would retire.

The Tebow bashers here love to paint Ryan Mallet as a superior QB over Tebow, but then those same people should remember that we had two passers on our team in 2010/2011 who were vastly superior passers. Orton was a thing of beauty to behold from a passer evaluations, and Brady Quinn looked great in shorts as well. Tebow has played in big games and won - many other QB have not/will not. We know Tebow's strengths and faults, but there are so many misconceptions about Tebow's playing ability. I wrote this earlier in another thread which pretty much summs things up;

The sad thing about the hordes of people that claim that for some reason Tebow "caught lightning in a bottle", or that the defense carried him or whatever reason given that Tebow cannot play QB is that it falls every time you get to the factual parts of the arguments.

The guys at Cold Hard Football Facts are always good for actually showing that Tebow has actually played exceptionally well and that the wins are no fluke and the defense was not the world-beater that some most Tebow haters put forth. He has many areas where he needs to improve but it can become quite scary if he does and then at the same time does not loose the virtues he has right now. Here is a very good article to put the Tebow love/hate in perspective (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-case-for-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback/23046/)

Small little fun facts as if we project Tebow's rate of turnovers on a historic list his 2.65 percent turnover rate (15 in 559 touches) is not only good, it would actually be 2nd best in NFL history after Aaron Rogers. In turnover percentage he is actually;

15% better than Tom Brady
16% better than Joe Montana
20% better than Peyton Manning
25% better than Steve Young
41% better than Ben Rothlisberger
49% better than Philip Rivers
51% better than Dan Marino
59% better than John Elway
74% better than Jay Cutler

While seeing him miss Knowshawn by 2 yards on a 3 yard pass does not always inspire confidence, his averages are actually exceptional. What is more is that his turnovers came in very few games and if we pretty much won the rest.

Then on top of that Tebow posted the longest yards per attempt in NFL Playoff history and the longest yards per completion in NFL Playoff history, the biggest 3 minute comeback in NFL History, 4th Q comebacks.....

On fact he is awesome, but the eye test fails a lot of times, like the fact that it is not always the prettiest woman that is most interesting to talk to! I must say that it becomes Tebow to be left at the cross road of - do you want to be a preacher first or a NFL QB, and I like his choice of scaling down the media circus.

#01BroncoFan
06-24-2013, 12:19 AM
ESPN reporting he will sign with the Pats & will participate in minicamp Tuesday.

UGH....the one place I didn't wanna see him go.
Hey- it's better than the raiders.
I wish the best for Tebow and wish one day he will be able to show that he has the ability to run and nfl offensive line.

NASH79
07-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Beats being in the CFL with the Motreal team coached by Dan Hawkins since the Alouttes own Tebow's CFL rights. Just imagine the insanity with Hawkins and Tebow in the same room.

GoManning
08-09-2013, 09:38 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/798495982.gif

JakeNbake
08-09-2013, 09:46 PM

Looks familiar

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2013, 09:46 PM

He so good bro.

RandomVariable
08-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Tebow sucked but Brady and the entire 1st team offense looked perfect. Much to the chagrin of those who said we would take a huge step back on offense.

First series: all 6 plays were runs which resulted in a TD.
Second series: Brady was on fire connecting with Thompkins 3 times, with Amendola, with Dobson down field in double coverage, and with Vereen for a TD.

BroncoFanBoy
08-09-2013, 10:27 PM
4-12. 2 of the completed passes were screens. Ouch.

Also, RandomVariable, we all know Brady is an elite QB. Nobody will doubt him. I still expect the Pats to win the AFC East.

CoryWinget81
08-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Cmon guys cut him some slack, he's basically still a rookie...

Garfield
08-09-2013, 11:31 PM
4-12. 2 of the completed passes were screens. Ouch.

Also, RandomVariable, we all know Brady is an elite QB. Nobody will doubt him. I still expect the Pats to win the AFC East.

SO what against that group Oakland might be able to win that division if NE was not in it..

one of the weakest IF not the weakest divisions in the NFL maybe even college ball..

BroncoFanBoy
08-09-2013, 11:33 PM
SO what against that group Oakland might be able to win that division if NE was not in it..

one of the weakest IF not the weakest divisions in the NFL maybe even college ball..

Miami has a decent team, but that's not the discussion here. I still think New England is a great team.

SoundsOfSuccess
08-09-2013, 11:34 PM

Same could be said about the AFC West my guy.

beastlyskronk
08-10-2013, 01:06 AM
He didn't look that bad, he's still extremely hesitant to throw the ball when a DB has the chance to jump the route. I really think the media got to him when he came to the NFL. He looks so worried about DBs seeing him wind up to throw the ball that he doesn't want to force anything at all. Sudfeld did drop a perfectly thrown pass on a seam route. Tebow generally throws a good ball when the TEs run the seam route. He had some good runs as well.

beastlyskronk
08-10-2013, 01:22 AM

He's overcompensating for his windup. He's putting the ball in the right spot, he's just throwing it way harder to make up for the time it takes for him to wind up and throw the ball. If he takes a little off that pass, it's likely a completion.

bronx_2003
08-10-2013, 08:40 AM
We know what Tebow brings. He is inaccurate and has a long wind up. He is not a starter or back-up.

He is a player who can come in for 4-5 plays a game and run the read option or wildcat or do some stuff around the goal line.

Personally I don't think he's worth a 53, and neither do 31 team, but maybe the Pats do.

broncos SB2010
08-10-2013, 10:29 AM
We know what Tebow brings. He is inaccurate and has a long wind up. He is not a starter or back-up.

He is a player who can come in for 4-5 plays a game and run the read option or wildcat or do some stuff around the goal line.

Personally I don't think he's worth a 53, and neither do 31 team, but maybe the Pats do.

i dont thiunk they do, or will. Tebow isn't even worth anything at the GL. Would anyone rather have Tebow in over Brady at the GL?

RandomVariable
08-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately I think Josh McDaniels still thinks he can make a player out of Tebow. So he may make the team. I would rather have 5 RBs on the roster than a 3rd QB. Those running backs look scary good.

Peanut
08-10-2013, 12:02 PM
He's overcompensating for his windup. He's putting the ball in the right spot, he's just throwing it way harder to make up for the time it takes for him to wind up and throw the ball. If he takes a little off that pass, it's likely a completion.

That makes sense. I always thought it was adrenaline taking over, putting too much zip on the ball.

Unfortunately I think Josh McDaniels still thinks he can make a player out of Tebow. So he may make the team. I would rather have 5 RBs on the roster than a 3rd QB. Those running backs look scary good.

Belichick's no push-over. He has to see something in Tebow or Tebow wouldn't be there. No doubt McDaniels had some influence, but I don't see him being able to over-ride Belichick. :D

RandomVariable
08-10-2013, 12:05 PM
That makes sense. I always thought it was adrenaline taking over, putting too much zip on the ball.

Belichick's no push-over. He has to see something in Tebow or Tebow wouldn't be there. No doubt McDaniels had some influence, but I don't see him being able to over-ride Belichick. :D

BB has given Josh a lot of power and seems to trust him with it. Josh also had a lot of influence in the WRs we drafted this year.

Peanut
08-10-2013, 12:23 PM
BB has given Josh a lot of power and seems to trust him with it. Josh also had a lot of influence in the WRs we drafted this year.

"BB". I'll remember that next time. I had to look up the proper spelling on it since I've seen different "variations" on it. :D

In a way, I'm surprised. He has such tight control over things. But that is a sign of a good leader. Delegating and trusting your people.

We were up in MA for a week (hubby was born and raised there. He's a Redskins' fan. Daughter is the Pats' fan). Went to training camp. I was very impressed with how things are being handled. It's almost like the circus didn't follow Tebow there. It's so much better than the way the Jets handled it.

beastlyskronk
08-10-2013, 01:47 PM

They're likely keeping him so he can prepare their defense for teams like San Fran, Washington, Seattle, Carolina, and possibly even the Jets if Geno takes over. These are all QBs that figure to use the read option a lot, while Tebow isn't as dynamic as those QBs, he gives them a more accurate look than Ryan Mallet or whoever else they have as the scout QB.

InsaneBlaze23
08-10-2013, 02:42 PM
They're likely keeping him so he can prepare their defense for teams like San Fran, Washington, Seattle, Carolina, and possibly even the Jets if Geno takes over. These are all QBs that figure to use the read option a lot, while Tebow isn't as dynamic as those QBs, he gives them a more accurate look than Ryan Mallet or whoever else they have as the scout QB.

I can believe that, Green Bay signed Vince Young for that reason. They wanna get the defense ready for these QB's.
With Gronk seemingly injured all the time, it wouldn't shock me if they threw Tebow in at TE just like Denver threw him in at WR shortly.

Garfield
08-10-2013, 02:57 PM

I believe that Josh will keep him around to mentor and teach him how to throw.. Right now Josh has the juice in NE with his boss they will find a spot for him this is an EGo thing for Mc D..

bronx_2003
08-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I believe that Josh will keep him around to mentor and teach him how to throw.. Right now Josh has the juice in NE with his boss they will find a spot for him this is an EGo thing for Mc D..

He's been in the league 3 years and worked with numerous QB coaches. At some point people just have to accept he is what he is

beastlyskronk
08-10-2013, 05:29 PM
He's been in the league 3 years and worked with numerous QB coaches. At some point people just have to accept he is what he is

Sometimes it just takes players awhile to develop. There are some players that are late bloomers so to speak. Brandon Lloyd is a recent example. Tebow will always have the intangibles that you want in a QB, if you can afford to keep him around for awhile as a backup, then eventually it may pay off big down the road if things ever click for him. If they don't, they still have Ryan Mallet or could even draft another QB.

RandomVariable
08-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I can believe that, Green Bay signed Vince Young for that reason. They wanna get the defense ready for these QB's.
With Gronk seemingly injured all the time, it wouldn't shock me if they threw Tebow in at TE just like Denver threw him in at WR shortly.

We don't need Tebow to play TE - we have real TEs who can do that. Sudfeld and Fells have had a good training camp and looked good last night. And Gronk is returning soon.

-Rod-
08-10-2013, 05:48 PM

But at the same time, players like Robert Ayers apparently deserve 5+ years to develop.

Garfield
08-10-2013, 06:35 PM
But at the same time, players like Robert Ayers apparently deserve 5+ years to develop.

not sure why anyone is pissing and moaning about Tebow..

When he was drafted the FO and coaching staff said he would be a 3-4 year project..

being in now his fourth scheme in the same amount of years, hopefully Mc D can fix his throwing motion and get him ready to take over for Brady when he retires..

I think that is Mc Ds goal..

SBboundBRONCOS
08-13-2013, 01:57 PM

theres a difference between waiting for a player to come around and throwing them in the lineup and constant rotation and asking a guy to become a completely different player

bronx_2003
08-13-2013, 05:16 PM

No, Ayers is another example like Tebow.

He is a solid player against the run but will never get many sacks. Since he's entered the league whats his best sack year.. 3, 4 ?

Why some people expect him to become this sack machine I don't know.

BroncoFanBoy
08-13-2013, 05:26 PM

He is a solid player against the run but will never get many sacks. Since he's entered the league whats his best sack year.. 3, 4 ?

Exactly. I always knew he would be a better run stopper than pass rusher.

Garfield
08-13-2013, 06:00 PM

I've never seen anyone say he was going to be a sack machine, but his changing of a job position did nothing to help his skill set. Going from DE in college to two years of OLB and now a couple years back at DE with some solid coaching I suspect he will get some sacks after making sure the run is not coming his way.. Something that our old sack machine rarely did just rush the passer and sometimes they would run at him as he was going into an empty backfield..

Ayers is a complete player, he may never gets loads of sacks but they trust him to anchor his side of the DL..

bronx_2003
08-14-2013, 06:51 AM
I've never seen anyone say he was going to be a sack machine, but his changing of a job position did nothing to help his skill set. Going from DE in college to two years of OLB and now a couple years back at DE with some solid coaching I suspect he will get some sacks after making sure the run is not coming his way.. Something that our old sack machine rarely did just rush the passer and sometimes they would run at him as he was going into an empty backfield..

Ayers is a complete player, he may never gets loads of sacks but they trust him to anchor his side of the DL..

I love Ayers, really good against the run and offers 'a little' pass rush. I just have seen some predict 10 plus sacks this year and I just don't think he's that sort of player.

ERoyal248
08-14-2013, 05:34 PM

As a backup/rotational player, sure.

Completely different situation from Tebow though.

SDVOL
08-16-2013, 07:52 PM
isn't an NFL qb. 1-4 with -1yd and an INT.

dat_dude_e
08-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Ever since we drafted him I have always been a fan of Tim Tebow. I just couldn't wait to start seeing him flourish as a QB.

After watching him with the Jets and now Patriots I just don't think being a QB is going to happen for him. How long does it take to show some improvement?? In my eyes, it has not happened.

Hopefully one day, just one day, he'll finally start making good quality QB throws.

denver11tebow
08-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Thank the LORD for another Tebow thread.

broncoslover115
08-16-2013, 08:11 PM
1 of 7, -1 yard and 1 INT. Yikes! This thread probably belongs under the NFL section I think.

BroncoooJohnson
08-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Why is this in "Broncos Football?"

rst08tierney
08-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Tebow and the Snake are the only players to win a playoff game since Elway cast the Super Bowl shadow on QB's in Denver.........just saying

broncos SB2010
08-16-2013, 08:17 PM
WOW! 1 for 7, for -1 yards and an INT in an entire half. I feel sorry for the guys trying to make this roster at the low end of the depth chart on offense. They have no chance to show what they can do at all.

dat_dude_e
08-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Tebow and the Snake are the only players to win a playoff game since Elway cast the Super Bowl shadow on QB's in Denver.........just saying

This is true and I don't think we should take anything away from those accomplishment but Tebow has shown absolutely no improvement from the scattering QB who can make occasional throws. He's just not consistent enough to be taken seriously.

That thrown to DT in the playoff game is a throw Tebow made over and over during the regular season so he had that throw down to a T. It just so happened on the particular play the Steeler safety moved out of position at the right time for Tebow to connect with DT in stride or the win.

CoryWinget81
08-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Guys, take it easy on Tebow, he's a really nice guy, hes basically still a rookie, he needs a coach to completely buy in to his playing style to succeed, he hasnt really ever had a good line, his offensive coordinators don't call the right plays for him, wrs drop too many balls...

InsaneBlaze23
08-16-2013, 08:47 PM

Difference Snake was actually a good QB. Tebow was carried by the defense, a healthy McGahee, and Matt Prater. With one of 2 of those missing we wouldn't have made it to the playoffs.

Why is there another Tebow?
Why is it in the Broncos section?

How long before it's get closed?

CoryWinget81
08-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Not going there, wasnt even thinking about that (Madden). But I will take this time to apologize. I said some pretty crappy things.

Regarding Orton, you were pretty homerific and said things to members that were on par with some of the Tebow homers. Just as some Orton haters said things simliar to Tebow haters. Just a thought.

I never called someone a homosexual slur, wished upon them infertility, wished they'd die, told someone their spouse probably hated them.

All of those things happened to me because I didn't like Tebow.

BroncoFanBoy
08-16-2013, 09:10 PM
1/7 with -1 yards? YIKES.

dat_dude_e
08-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Guys, take it easy on Tebow, he's a really nice guy, hes basically still a rookie, he needs a coach to completely buy in to his playing style to succeed, he hasnt really ever had a good line, his offensive coordinators don't call the right plays for him, wrs drop too many balls...

He's differently a nice guy but lady time I checked being a nice guys does not win football games. He's not a rookie. Tebow has played and gained experience in the Broncos camp, Jets camp, and now in New England. Going through 3 training camps and still throwing ducks...,something is missing. Tebow may need a one of one coaching session but there's 54+ players on the team. Why can't he catch on like the other players and start showing improvement. Since he left us I have not see improvement.

CoryWinget81
08-16-2013, 09:13 PM
He's differently a nice guy but lady time I checked being a nice guys does not win football games. He's not a rookie. Tebow has played and gained experience in the Broncos camp, Jets camp, and now in New England. Going through 3 training camps and still throwing ducks...,something is missing. Tebow may need a one of one coaching session but there's 54+ players on the team. Why can't he catch on like the other players and start showing improvement. Since he left us I have not see improvement.

:clap:

well said

BroncNuggsRocks
08-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Leave tebow alone. He's a great person, and you guys cannot appreciate how well he throws because he's so good he's on a different gravitational system. His mind is on the moon, so the passes tend to sail. He tries to make up for the sailing passes by throwing the passes into the ground in order to move earth so that it better aligns with the moons gravitational seismological tetanus shot.

KoolBreeze
08-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Well he did get a nice pose out of Samantha Saint.

Cutler4tw
08-16-2013, 10:54 PM
He's a great person no one can take that away from him he's fought tooth and nail to earn his role as a QB but at some point he must realize he's just not meant for that role ... Time to start learning the TE position

RandomVariable
08-16-2013, 11:13 PM
He's a great person no one can take that away from him he's fought tooth and nail to earn his role as a QB but at some point he must realize he's just not meant for that role ... Time to start learning the TE position

He will have to go elsewhere to play TE. There is no room for him in NE at that position.

beastlyskronk
08-16-2013, 11:25 PM
He will have to go elsewhere to play TE. There is no room for him in NE at that position.

I think he'd make a better RB than TE. Granted New England has a few good RBs already in place.

RandomVariable
08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
I think he'd make a better RB than TE. Granted New England has a few good RBs already in place.

Again, no room. We already have 5 RBs who all have a shot to make the 53. Tebow should not be on this team.

flosstein
08-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Well he did get a nice pose out of Samantha Saint.

That alone almost makes him GOAT status, lol!!!

Bootleg
08-17-2013, 01:35 AM
1/7 with -1 yards? YIKES.

& to think people said Elway made the biggest mistake of his life trading Tebow and that it was going to come back and haunt him :laugh: People actually said that!

KWHIT97
08-17-2013, 03:39 AM
I say in 2 or 3 years we're gonna see the curse of the Bambino in reverse. This time Tebow is Babe Ruth, and Boston is the beneficiary! BOOM, now what?

garzjoe
08-17-2013, 05:15 AM
I say in 2 or 3 years we're gonna see the curse of the Bambino in reverse. This time Tebow is Babe Ruth, and Boston is the beneficiary! BOOM, now what?

You never know anything is possible I guess but based on prior performance (Broncos included) I say there is a better chance of pigs flying, and if I were a betting man I'd put my money on the pigs before Tebow!

Thx,
Joe

BroncoFanBoy
08-17-2013, 07:00 AM
& to think people said Elway made the biggest mistake of his life trading Tebow and that it was going to come back and haunt him :laugh: People actually said that!

I guess I could maybe understand if we brought in a QB that was terrible and we couldn't win with. (Like another Kyle Orton). But that's not the case. IMO, and I'm sure many agree with me, being able to bring in Peyton was his best move as our VP of football operations.

BroncoSynapses
08-17-2013, 07:05 AM

It's hard watching him play. He seems to have become so much worse than when he played his rookie season, it's amazing really. Each year, he becomes more and more inaccurate. It's like watching a train wreck, it's awful, but yet, it can be hard to look away.

captainbronco
08-17-2013, 09:20 AM
at some point he has to realize that he's not meant to play qb in the years hes been in the league he has progressively got worse and worse you'd think with all the time we hear he puts into football there would be some improvement

Freyaka
08-17-2013, 10:45 AM

Lol....ya....ok bud you keep telling yourself that.

Tebow's career is heading in the wrong direction as he's consistently getting worse as a QB each time he hits the field.

I threw for more yards than Tim Tebow did this week (as did pretty much every person on the planet who didn't throw for negative yards)

Freyaka
08-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Besides, they've got their Brady replacement. Mallet looked like the real deal.