PDA

View Full Version : NFL Adjusts Stadium Bag Policy

Charlie Brown
06-14-2013, 11:54 PM
LINK (http://www.nfl.com/allclear)

To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into stadiums, NFL teams will implement an NFL policy this year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into stadiums.

The NFL Committee on Stadium Security in May unanimously recommended the implementation of this measure that will enhance public safety and make it easier for fans to gain access to all stadiums.

The NFL strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but outlined today what is permissible. Beginning with preseason games, fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:

•Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com), or

•One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).

•Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.

•An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

Fans will continue to be able to enjoy their tailgate activities in the parking lots and to do so with greater safety and the knowledge that their entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster. They also will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium, such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones.

As the 2013 season approaches, we encourage fans to visit individual NFL team websites for specific stadium information.

Charlie Brown
06-14-2013, 11:56 PM
For a league that tries to market to women with pink jerseys, etc.. I find it funny that the NFL doesn't want women to bring purses to games (unless of course they are tote bags that can be bought from the NFL). They claim this is for "safety". But really, it's just a marketing play to increase sales of their official tote bags.

Peanut
06-15-2013, 12:03 AM
I saw this earlier.

I understand safety. I have no problems following the rules for this. But when I saw this:

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com)

I guess I'm going to carry a gallon clear plastic freezer bag. :laugh:

Frankenpost
06-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Well thank god the new policy won't effect the Chiefs and Browns fans from having a good time.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/11/20/chiefs_fan_AP806287794485_620x350.jpg

http://popdose.com/wp-content/uploads/cleveland-browns-fans-paper-bags-600x350.jpg

Broncodartqueen
06-15-2013, 07:52 AM
So, what is your opinion on the new policy for clear bags at the stadium. I think it's ridiculous, my fanny is going to freeze without my seat cushion. Anyway, I'm ready for a winning season! Go Broncos! :logo:

Charlie Brown
06-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Those bags are not clear and they exceed 12" x 6". So, those are prohibited. Also, that `jersey` is discontinued which makes it an outdated photo.

roushmartin6
06-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Those bags are not clear and they exceed 12" x 6". So, those are prohibited. Also, that `jersey` is discontinued which makes it an outdated photo.

Lol Charlie wins in a knockout!

JWinn
06-15-2013, 10:49 AM
I think this is going to create a problem for quite a bit of people honestly. I know a bunch of people who like to bring in a bag of stuff, and I admit I do it also once in a while. You bet I brought my bag full of gloves and blankets to the LAST game.

But I understand why this came about. Here's a picture of why:

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l617/MugoWinn/PICT0008-29.jpg[/URL]

It's amazing how many people wait until the last minute to enter the stadium, and then complain about how long it takes, despite knowing it's going to take that long to go in with 2 minutes to go.

That, and of course it's a reaction to the Boston Marathon bombing. Once anything is used in an event like that, such as a backpack, that item becomes a dangerous weapon in the eyes of authorities everywhere. Now anyone with a backpack can be carrying bomb.

See flying with those terrible, long known weapons of mass destruction, the dreaded SHOES!

Just like in the airport, we are going to have to adjust to our changing ideas of security at sporting events. Some rules will help, other will just be a PIA.

Unfortunately, this rule probably won't do much for anything. People will still wait until the last minute to go in, and people bent on destruction will find another way to accomplish their goals.

Seat cushions I don't get. They give those out at Super Bowls. And now they are potential weapons?

:logo:

Houshmazode
06-15-2013, 12:30 PM
I don't really have a problem with the clear bags, but like JWinn said, banning seat cushions is just dumb. Apparently some explosives are in gel form and they can be hidden in seat cushions.

Houshmazode
06-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Just because that jersey is discontinued doesn't mean that nobody owns them any more. :confused:

And the brown paper bags can easily be folded up and placed in a clear bag or hidden in someone's pocket, waistband, etc. Seems like the NFL might be following the Monfort's policies now. :laugh:

RunYouOver
06-15-2013, 12:43 PM
I think this is going to create a problem for quite a bit of people honestly. I know a bunch of people who like to bring in a bag of stuff, and I admit I do it also once in a while. You bet I brought my bag full of gloves and blankets to the LAST game.

But I understand why this came about. Here's a picture of why:

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l617/MugoWinn/PICT0008-29.jpg[/URL]

It's amazing how many people wait until the last minute to enter the stadium, and then complain about how long it takes, despite knowing it's going to take that long to go in with 2 minutes to go.

That, and of course it's a reaction to the Boston Marathon bombing. Once anything is used in an event like that, such as a backpack, that item becomes a dangerous weapon in the eyes of authorities everywhere. Now anyone with a backpack can be carrying bomb.

See flying with those terrible, long known weapons of mass destruction, the dreaded SHOES!

Just like in the airport, we are going to have to adjust to our changing ideas of security at sporting events. Some rules will help, other will just be a PIA.

Unfortunately, this rule probably won't do much for anything. People will still wait until the last minute to go in, and people bent on destruction will find another way to accomplish their goals.

Seat cushions I don't get. They give those out at Super Bowls. And now they are potential weapons?

That sums up my feeling completely. I don't have a huge issue with it, honestly.

Junn Hoard
06-15-2013, 12:52 PM
clear bag has been a problem in oakland for years people always be sneaking in bottles for drink and then for throwing

JWinn
06-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, it's not a huge problem for me yet. Of course, it's June....

But come October? Yeah, it's gonna be a problem at some games. For one, Mugo won't be able to go anymore. I NEED my bag (that just fits into the old limit thingy at the gate) for the hands, the mask, and all the crap I end up with by the end of the game.

And honestly, by the end of EVERY game, I have a bunch of crap to carry. Gameday giveaways, programs, cups, and anything I bought at that game.

Gorilla costumes don't have pocketses.

Years ago when my son was 6 or so, he got a plastic Bronco helmet that fit him at the team store one game, and got it signed by Miles. He wore it to the next game, and the guy at the gate told him he couldn't bring it in.

Now I sometimes have struggled to get my kids to games. They are not into it like I am, and this one time my son finally gets really into it, wears a jersey, some white pants we found, and sported the helmet, goes all out, and what does the idiot at the gate gate say? "YOU CAN'T WEAR THAT INTO...."

Are you kidding me? He can't wear what he BOUGHT AT stadium INTO IT? Have you ever SEEN the Barrelman or the Bronconator? :rolleyes: Never heard of those guys huh?

Fortunately, Snow White and someone from GR was right there, and came to our rescue.

Anyway, we will all have to leave stuff behind from now on when we go into the game and live with it. And it probably won't stop there. before long, someone will do something at an NFL game, or an MLB game, and we will get the same scanners they have at airports.

And courts.

And at more and more government offices. And more and more museums. All the Smithsonian museums have scanners you walk thru to enter.

They will come to stadiums eventually. Just you watch.

In the name of security, and in our ever increasingly hostile society, it won't be long before we need to walk thru those things just to go to the grocery store.

:(

JWinn
06-15-2013, 01:33 PM
clear bag has been a problem in oakland for years people always be sneaking in bottles for drink and then for throwing

We get that too. Nothing like Oakland though, no doubt.

At the Steeler AFCCG in 05 we had a guy sneak in a bottle of Stoly. A full one liter bottle! He tried to throw it at the end of the game from the Club level, but was so drunk he didn't notice the 5 OR 6 cops standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

He stood up, lifted the still half full bottle to throw it, and the cops all went "HEY!!". He dropped it and fled into the crowd. :laugh:

LInda from GR got it and showed it to me.

Someone at the gate didn't do his job searching that guy very well.

ruksak
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Does this mean they aren't allowing bombs either?

No Fun League.

kishzilla
06-15-2013, 08:35 PM
We get that too. Nothing like Oakland though, no doubt.

At the Steeler AFCCG in 05 we had a guy sneak in a bottle of Stoly. A full one liter bottle! He tried to throw it at the end of the game from the Club level, but was so drunk he didn't notice the 5 OR 6 cops standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

He stood up, lifted the still half full bottle to throw it, and the cops all went "HEY!!". He dropped it and fled into the crowd. :laugh:

LInda from GR got it and showed it to me.

Someone at the gate didn't do his job searching that guy very well.

Maybe he keastered it? :confused:

kishzilla
06-15-2013, 08:36 PM
I think it sucks, because I'm not going to be able to bring all my snacks etc. The allotted size limit is smaller than a frickin bag of doritos.

I wonder what they would say about a really big coat and filling the pockets with stuff? lol

Garfield
06-15-2013, 10:15 PM

if you were a terrorist just how much explosive could you get into a family of fours seat cushions?

maybe that get your attention

JWinn
06-16-2013, 12:49 AM
if you were a terrorist just how much explosive could you get into a family of fours seat cushions?

maybe that get your attention

Get my attention?

What the hell are you talking about? Get my attention.......

I am NOT a terrorist! And I don't think like one.

The people who come to games are NOT TERRORISTS! They are football fans who just want to enjoy the game the way they have been for decades! People who did not blow up anything or anyone and who do NOT deserve to be treated as though they might just because one guy, or one pair of brothers in this case, did so somewhere else once.

It's not like we have bombings at sporting events on a regular basis.

Ya know, it's conceivable that you, Garfield, might show up to a game someday driving a pickup and just blow your way thru the tailgating crowd in lot C, mowing people down and killing dozens. What then? Should we ban all trucks in the parking lots? No cars, trucks, or RV's larger than a say, a Toyota Camry? A small four door car should be good enough for everyone, right?

Maybe it's you who needs to pay attention here Garfield. We are not talking about bags or seat cushions here.

Maybe when some snot nosed teenager tells you he has to shove his thumb up your ass to get into a football game because some nut job crammed a stick of dynamite up his at a soccer game somewhere, it will get YOUR ATTENTION as to what is really going on here.

Sorry mods. I know better. But after thinking all day, and reading responses to this all over the web, I have come to the conclusion this isn't about bags, long lines, profits, or any of that.

It's about how we've lost the war on terror. Now, anytime anything bad happens, we will all be treated as though we are capable of the same action at any similar event. When some guy figures out a way to put a bomb into something that we all use everyday, like shoes and daypacks, the rest of us might as well throw away the ones we have. Because now they ALL are potential weapons, even though yesterday they were just shoes and daypacks to the rest of us. What's next, hats?

I have a bag I have specifically for Bronco games. It's a nice Super Bowl XXXII bag that was given away at that game for filling out a credit card application inside the stadium. The ONLY way you could get that bag was to be at that game, INSIDE the stadium. (Now they pop up in thrift stores, but then...)

The NFL, thru MBNA bank back then, gave these bags away at games. At the very least, they allowed them to be distributed at their games. Their premier games no less.

Now they are banned items because two kids used a school backpack to set off an explosive in Boston. At a sporting event on the street, NOT at a stadium. Do I have YOUR attention yet? Does this really make sense to you?

I bet you right now, or in the morning at least, I can go down to the stadium and find any number of bags, daypacks, fanny packs, purses, etc, all with a pretty logo, for sale. Items that are no longer allowed in the store, you can BUY at the store. Maybe Sue and the gang packed it all up, but I really doubt it. Were talking about thousands of dollars of stuff here. Stuff that for years they have encouraged us to buy to specifically use to bring stuff into the stadium with!

Does THIS make any sense to you? Does it get YOUR attention?

Are you willing to give up another small part of your way of life because some guy from some far away land made a political statement that has nothing to do with football? Where do we draw the line and say enough, we will not be frightened anymore? We will not cower like rats in the light!

Sorry Garfield. Your post is really hitting me tonight. To me, it says we have lost the war. Your willing to just accept this in the name of security, and you leave some snappy remark as though I don't care. You clearly don't know me at all.

I care very much. I go to every home game. It got my "attention" when the story first broke, as it concerns me directly. I have to ask, does it effect you as much? Or are you the casual fan who once saw a game in September in San Diego, and didn't need a bag, so you don't see the need?

Your posts says it all. Your terrified. They have won.

:ugh:

Again, sorry mods. Feel free to delete or whatever you wish. I just had to get that of my chest...

JWinn
06-16-2013, 02:29 AM
Sorry, but I need to respond further. I don't post often anymore, and certainly not anywhere else, so I feel a need to catch up a little, haha.

This whole thing very much gets my attention. But it didn't start yesterday at this new bag policy.

It got my attention when I woke up after sleeping off the beating of the Giants on MNF on Sept 10th, 2001. When I realized thru the whole horror of the next day what a target we had been the night before, on national TV.

It gets my attention every time I see a large jet from my seats at the stadium.

It gets my attention every time I find myself on a large jet.

It got my attention when they funneled all of us thru one gate for the DNC event at Invesco 5/6 years ago because they only had a few scanners, and everyone was considered a threat. It got my attention while standing in that line that that could be a sample of the future for entering any event.

Honestly, it gets my attention anytime I am in a large crowd. For as I said in my last post, indeed we have lost the war on terror. I try to go on living my life with the attitude that if something should happen in my proximity, well, it was meant to be. I try to focus on what I am doing, what I came to pay attention to, and not fear everyone and everything around me.

But of course, I don't live in paradise. The real world is full of danger, and I would be a fool to just ignore that fact.

I'll comply with this idiotic rule, while it lasts. I honestly think the NFL will rethink this policy once the weather turns cold, and fans don't show up because it's too cold, and of they can't bring their stuff to keep warm, well.... Americans in particular like their creature comforts, and won't just give them up. They will stay home rather than suffer, even if it's not really "suffering".

I'll comply because going to Bronco games is something I have done pretty much all my life, and I am not about to change that now over some silly rule that might not even stick.

I go in three hours early for most games. I do so by choice. But the day that I have to get there three hours early just to get in, because security demands it, like the 2 hour rule at an airport, I might just give it up.

There's a point where I will pay only so much to be treated like a terrorist to get into a football game because some idiot blew up a backpack or two at a marathon out on the street that he didn't even have to buy a ticket to.

This isn't right. Football fans should not be penalized for the actions of the Tsarnev brothers. We didn't bomb anyone. We have never brought an explosive into a game yet, and there is no reason to assume we are going to start doing do just because they did in Boston.

I have a question. Does this rule apply to the players? To the event staff? How about to people like Elway, Bowlen, and Ellis who arrive very early, and park INSIDE the stadium. Can they bring in a bag? We always see players getting off a bus, carrying a bag that far exceeds this new rule. Will they be getting off busses in front of the cameras now carrying all their stuff in little clear ziplock baggies?

That might work for Reggie Bush....

Is it not conceivable that one of them might have evil on their minds? Ask Jason Elam. If I remember right, his novel had just such a scenario. A player who turned out to be a terrorist.

Anyway, I see event staff with fanny packs all the time. Will that stop? No reason to assume a guy selling hot dogs is any more secure than the guy he's selling them to, is there? They gonna start screening hot dog sellers snow? Or will they have to comply as well?

No, this isn't right. I hate to say it, because I have never liked the phrase, but it's really not fair. It's not fair to us who are just regular stiffs going about our lives. Who just wanna watch a game, or go on vacation, or fight his traffic ticket.

Very disappointed the NFL has waved a white flag in the war on terror, and is going to force it's ticket buying fans to pay for it by complying to yet more security, and less freedom.

Thors Hammer
06-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Apparently the people who thought up the seat cushion rule have never attended a game at a cold weather stadium before. This has been a very big topic of discussion for the folks that go to Lambeau Field, which still has aluminum bleachers in the main bowl of the stadium. I for one wouldn't want to sit on cold metal/plastic in December without the benefit of some sort of cushion.

StbldrBronc
06-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Howdy all,

New here and figured some one might know. Can find anything out there. I know the new stadium policy is a clear bag that's 12" x12" x 6". What ever.. Don't really care that they changed it. Just want to find this elusive bag that is "available on nfl.com or club merchandise stores" the only Bronco logo bags I can find are either not clear or too big. Anyone have a link to buy the allowed style bag?

BroncosPWNn00bs
06-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Well normally I wouldn't really care about it. But when I take my mom to games, she likes to bring her big purse ( Well its not huge), but its a Bronco purse that I think she got at the team store, and she takes that to the games with her and puts all her belongings in it. I'm not sure the size on it, but will she be able to bring it anymore? Because I know she will be mad if she cant take it in to the game.

And then when I go to games, I usually have a real light drawstring backpack on. Its not a backpack, but its light, and I barely notice it on. I use it to store stuff like pictures with players and what not, that I usually try to have Broncos sign after games. Will that be prohibited then?

Heres what that looks like:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/DRAWSTRING-BACKPACKS-PEYTON-MANNING-NEW-NYLON-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDYy/z/n2gAAMXQgb1RQeBQ/$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufFjpBRQeBQFwt!~~60_35.JPG

And then heres the picture of what my moms purse looks like:

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mRclb0UHHrwsVa60dAJrARg.jpg

Will both of those not be allowed in?

JWinn
06-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Well normally I wouldn't really care about it. But when I take my mom to games, she likes to bring her big purse ( Well its not huge), but its a Bronco purse that I think she got at the team store, and she takes that to the games with her and puts all her belongings in it. I'm not sure the size on it, but will she be able to bring it anymore? Because I know she will be mad if she cant take it in to the game.

And then when I go to games, I usually have a real light drawstring backpack on. Its not a backpack, but its light, and I barely notice it on. I use it to store stuff like pictures with players and what not, that I usually try to have Broncos sign after games. Will that be prohibited then?

Heres what that looks like:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/DRAWSTRING-BACKPACKS-PEYTON-MANNING-NEW-NYLON-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDYy/z/n2gAAMXQgb1RQeBQ/$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufFjpBRQeBQFwt!~~60_35.JPG

And then heres the picture of what my moms purse looks like:

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mRclb0UHHrwsVa60dAJrARg.jpg

Will both of those not be allowed in?

No. 12 inches by 12 inches by 6 inches, and it has to be clear, so they can just see what's inside. About the size of a one gallon ziplock bag, which is OK.

Purses and drawstrings are on the prohibited list now, so both of those are no go. Seems kinda silly on at least the drawstring. I have one like that, (not an orange Manning, a blue logo) that i keep in the trunk of my car. It's something I could easily fold up and stuff into a jacket.

I wonder what they would do if you took it in like so, and wore it later, say in the second half with your stuff in it. Would they make you leave?

JWinn
06-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Howdy all,

New here and figured some one might know. Can find anything out there. I know the new stadium policy is a clear bag that's 12" x12" x 6". What ever.. Don't really care that they changed it. Just want to find this elusive bag that is "available on nfl.com or club merchandise stores" the only Bronco logo bags I can find are either not clear or too big. Anyone have a link to buy the allowed style bag?

Sorry, no link yet.

But they just announced this. Give them time to ramp up production on these things. It's still a while till they are really "needed".

Unless you just want one as a collectible, and need to be the first on your block.... lol

BroncoManiac_69
06-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Wow... Just wow.

But I have to be honest.

If a terrorist wanted to hit a high profile target killing thousands, then one of our NFL stadiums is a prime target. I have actually thought this for years since 9/11.

I don't mind all the extra security and in fact embrace it. Yes.. it seems ridiculous and extreme at times, but let's face it. These are not the old days anymore. It only takes ONE person to get by and cause havoc and chaos.

Do the regular season ticket goers agree and appreciate the additional restrictions? No. But they must adapt and understand the type of world we live in.

The attacks of 9/11 occurred the next morning after our Invesco Field opening happened on 9/10 against the New York Giants. The terrorists could have made a target on our new stadium but chose NY City the morning after for a larger impact and they did succeed with their goal.

Stadium security should be a larger concern and the way stadiums are adjusting to their security measures should be accepted and not demoralized. Accept what it is and adjust accordingly.

JWinn.. and all other ticket holders that attend the games: It only takes ONE person to turn a game into a disastrous news event. The all too often late comers should adjust their schedules to show up at games in plenty of time and not complain about it.

We've had to do that at airports since then so why not an NFL game? It's always bothered me anyway why so many people pay so much money for a ticket yet don't show up in plenty of time.

:2cents:

kishzilla
06-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Wow... Just wow.

But I have to be honest.

If a terrorist wanted to hit a high profile target killing thousands, then one of our NFL stadiums is a prime target. I have actually thought this for years since 9/11.

I don't mind all the extra security and in fact embrace it. Yes.. it seems ridiculous and extreme at times, but let's face it. These are not the old days anymore. It only takes ONE person to get by and cause havoc and chaos.

Do the regular season ticket goers agree and appreciate the additional restrictions? No. But they must adapt and understand the type of world we live in.

The attacks of 9/11 occurred the next morning after our Invesco Field opening happened on 9/10 against the New York Giants. The terrorists could have made a target on our new stadium but chose NY City the morning after for a larger impact and they did succeed with their goal.

Stadium security should be a larger concern and the way stadiums are adjusting to their security measures should be accepted and not demoralized. Accept what it is and adjust accordingly.

JWinn.. and all other ticket holders that attend the games: It only takes ONE person to turn a game into a disastrous news event. The all too often late comers should adjust their schedules to show up at games in plenty of time and not complain about it.

We've had to do that at airports since then so why not an NFL game? It's always bothered me anyway why so many people pay so much money for a ticket yet don't show up in plenty of time.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Now, whether or not an essential liberty is being given up here in this instance is debatable, but it would be good to keep this in mind.

We will never be 100% safe. Ever. And anyone that promises that, is a liar. We can either accept this fact, or live in fear.

I choose not to live in fear.

BroncosPWNn00bs
06-16-2013, 07:41 PM
No. 12 inches by 12 inches by 6 inches, and it has to be clear, so they can just see what's inside. About the size of a one gallon ziplock bag, which is OK.

Purses and drawstrings are on the prohibited list now, so both of those are no go. Seems kinda silly on at least the drawstring. I have one like that, (not an orange Manning, a blue logo) that i keep in the trunk of my car. It's something I could easily fold up and stuff into a jacket.

I wonder what they would do if you took it in like so, and wore it later, say in the second half with your stuff in it. Would they make you leave?

Yea, I was wondering that as well. Man, that is really dumb. I'm sure a lot of people are going to be mad. I know my mom is mad. As for the draw string back pack, yea I was thinking I'd just leave it on my back and wear a hoody or something over it, so they wouldn't see it.

And then I would hope that they wouldn't make me leave just for wearing it. Its not going to be harming anyone.

Bronco1577
06-16-2013, 10:30 PM
TImes have changed and large events like football games are going to have more and more security. So people need to follow the rules which are generally fairly simple. Otherwise you will hold up lines and cause more headaches and problems for everyone.

I was at Arrowhead for the Denver/KC game last November and they were using a metal detecting wand on everyone coming in. We missed about the first 4 minutes of the game because some idiot was in front of us tried to carry in a 6-inch folding knife on him. There is a big sign that says no guns, knives etc. I also saw someone do this at the airport in Omaha when I was flying to Denver 3 years ago to go to my first ever Bronco game.

In my opinion if you can't sit at a game for 3 hours without having to bring bags of items to the game or a stupid 6 inch folding knife then stay at home. I know concessions at the games are expensive so tailgate before the game!

Garfield
06-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Very disappointed the NFL has waved a white flag in the war on terror, and is going to force it's ticket buying fans to pay for it by complying to yet more security, and less freedom.

Did not read most of the stuff..

but the last part of this is not fair to the NFL..

IF they are indeed worried about someone carrying in explosives this is one of the first places to start..

I thought your raving comment about me driving a pickup into the stadium was at best lunacy..

But to stop this type of stuff from happening you have to be proactive..

What better place to cause thousands of deaths than the all American football game.. one well placed charge with a dozen or so seat cushions could take down supporting columns.. to say that a sleeper cell could not bring in enough explosives, poison gas or something else placed in something as common as a seat cushion is well sticking your head in the sand..

DO I like what is going on in the name of security? No I do not but I'd rather be safe than sorry..

That said

My comments in genreal were more about those knuckleheads that think ALL of this is just greedy owners wanting more revenue.. That those that folks have a complex about rich folks getting richer is at best funny..

But I suspect the security side of this is much stronger than the knuckleheads want to think about..

as for the NFL waving the white flag hardly they are being proactive before some moron decides to try something..

If these morons are willing to blow up their underwear or shoes, a seat cushion just may be the next thing..

Garfield
06-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Wow... Just wow.

But I have to be honest.

great thoughtful post..

I suspect you never saw the movie Black Sunday. IIRC it was flying a plane into a stadium..

Then there was the one with a nuclear blast during Superbowl.. a Clancy novel IIRC, but could be wrong..

SO this is nothing new for security.. I suspect that someone clued the NFL in that there may be a credible threat or they would not have announced it so soon..

BTW how much damage could be done with a couple of motor-homes filled with explosive parked outside in the tailgaters area?

IMO If some one stops going to football games because of a security increase at stadiums then indeed the morons have won..

Garfield
06-16-2013, 11:17 PM
TImes have changed and large events like football games are going to have more and more security. So people need to follow the rules which are generally fairly simple. Otherwise you will hold up lines and cause more headaches and problems for everyone.

I was at Arrowhead for the Denver/KC game last November and they were using a metal detecting wand on everyone coming in. We missed about the first 4 minutes of the game because some idiot was in front of us tried to carry in a 6-inch folding knife on him. There is a big sign that says no guns, knives etc. I also saw someone do this at the airport in Omaha when I was flying to Denver 3 years ago to go to my first ever Bronco game.

In my opinion if you can't sit at a game for 3 hours without having to bring bags of items to the game or a stupid 6 inch folding knife then stay at home. I know concessions at the games are expensive so tailgate before the game!

yep these folks will whine about spending 20 bucks on refreshments inside the ball park, but sit outside in their motor-homes ($60K) plus for hours before a game, consuming large amounts of food, drinks and extra parking fees.. Make any sense to anyone Bueller?

yaz96
06-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Garfield, have you ever attended an NFL game? Have you ever attended on where it's 20 degrees and the windchill is less than zero?

yaz96
06-17-2013, 12:13 AM
In my opinion if you can't sit at a game for 3 hours without having to bring bags of items to the game then stay at home.

Have you ever attended an NFL game where it's 20 degrees and the wind chill is less than zero?

Broncodartqueen
06-17-2013, 06:34 AM
There are some websites that have the proper sized bags, clearbags.com; clear-handbags.com. However, they are charging an arm and a leg. As for the seat cushion regulation ( which is crap, IMO) I am working on how to sew a cushion so it can roll up in a little tube and fit into my clear bag.

JWinn
06-17-2013, 11:05 AM
There are some websites that have the proper sized bags, clearbags.com; clear-handbags.com. However, they are charging an arm and a leg. As for the seat cushion regulation ( which is crap, IMO) I am working on how to sew a cushion so it can roll up in a little tube and fit into my clear bag.

REI sells an inflatable seat cushion that rolls up very small. It's expensive, and mine is green, but it works really well. Much better than anything I have ever seen in a stadium, and far better than my SB seat cushions.

Don't know if that will pass though...

JWinn
06-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Did not read most of the stuff..

but the last part of this is not fair to the NFL..

IF they are indeed worried about someone carrying in explosives this is one of the first places to start..

I thought your raving comment about me driving a pickup into the stadium was at best lunacy..

But to stop this type of stuff from happening you have to be proactive..

What better place to cause thousands of deaths than the all American football game.. one well placed charge with a dozen or so seat cushions could take down supporting columns.. to say that a sleeper cell could not bring in enough explosives, poison gas or something else placed in something as common as a seat cushion is well sticking your head in the sand..

DO I like what is going on in the name of security? No I do not but I'd rather be safe than sorry..

That said

My comments in genreal were more about those knuckleheads that think ALL of this is just greedy owners wanting more revenue.. That those that folks have a complex about rich folks getting richer is at best funny..

But I suspect the security side of this is much stronger than the knuckleheads want to think about..

as for the NFL waving the white flag hardly they are being proactive before some moron decides to try something..

If these morons are willing to blow up their underwear or shoes, a seat cushion just may be the next thing..

So you read it but didn't.....;)

Pretty paranoid life you live there man. I feel sorry for you. Indeed, we have lost.

JWinn
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Wow... Just wow.

But I have to be honest.

Yeah Joe, I understand all it takes is one guy. Like I said before, I am fully aware, and "pay attention" :P to my surroundings.

Sorry, I am not going to live my life in fear man. I just won't do it!

I know many of the security people who really WORK inside the stadium. I trust these people to do their jobs, in order that I can do mine.

Cheer on my team with unbridled excitement, not sit in my seat wondering if the guy next to me is a terrorist.

86Elwayfan
06-17-2013, 01:41 PM
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Now, whether or not an essential liberty is being given up here in this instance is debatable, but it would be good to keep this in mind.

We will never be 100% safe. Ever. And anyone that promises that, is a liar. We can either accept this fact, or live in fear.

This is how I feel about this matter entirely. Now I don't ever carry a bag into the stadium so this new rule really has no effect on me in that regard, but what it does do is make me very sad how as a country we have begun to live in fear of what may happen if we don't look try to look 10 steps ahead. That being said I don't want to get all political. I'll just say that I don't agree with the NFL's decision on this matter.

BroncosPWNn00bs
06-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Have you ever attended an NFL game where it's 20 degrees and the wind chill is less than zero?

I've been at plenty of cold games, but I've never really brought any big bags with blankets and pillows and all that stuff. Last year for the Ravens game, I wore my hoody and shorts.( Yea I wore shorts :laugh: ) .. I actually wear shorts to every game for some reason. Just kind of a habit I got in to, because 1 time I wore pants and we got beat bad, so I try not to do that anymore. Usually I see other people wearing shorts at games, but for the Ravens game, I was the only one I saw. But once the game starts, and I'm with the crowd, I don't feel as cold.

But the only bag I had on me, was just my lil drawstring backpack I had on me. I know a lot of people bring blankets and stuff like that, but I've never done that. Still is dumb of them to change everything. Because don't they sell bags/purses and all that at the team store? What if someone buys a bunch of stuff and buys a bag to put it all in? Just doesn't really make sense.

Garfield
06-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Garfield, have you ever attended an NFL game? Have you ever attended on where it's 20 degrees and the windchill is less than zero?

yep many times with the wind in my face as I was in the south stands..sitting in 6-10 inches of snow a couple of times..

I'm not saying it is not uncomfortable, just saying the security is an issue that needs to be taken care of..

If some fair weather fans do not show up that is life and their loss.. The tickets are paid for and no loss of revenue to the NFL and their teams.. such is life..

Garfield
06-17-2013, 07:08 PM

Pretty paranoid life you live there man. I feel sorry for you. Indeed, we have lost.

not paranoid at all just facing the facts of life..

yesterday's security is not enough and more stringent measures are needed.. the NFL is trying to stay ahead of the curve..

If you do not like what they are doing, it is your prerogative to stay home..

Bronco1577
06-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes I have! I also coached and played in weather like that. As a spectator, I dressed for cold weather and didn't need anything in a bag to keep me warm.

SmilingJack
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
"If these morons are willing to blow up their underwear or shoes, a seat cushion just may be the next thing.. "

or sweater bombs, so no sweaters. Don't you see there is no end when you start backtracking on freedoms.

SmilingJack
06-18-2013, 02:11 PM
"BTW how much damage could be done with a couple of motor-homes filled with explosive parked outside in the tailgaters area?

Based on the bag and seat cushion rule it would seem safer to ban parking at the stadium! Yeah, let's keep giving up.

SmilingJack
06-18-2013, 02:24 PM
I no longer have season tickets but I did have them for over 30 years and loved going. My later years were in handicapped seating. I have nerve damage that cold affects as well as artificial hips, and my severe nerve damage includes diabetic neuropathy. I could go to the coldest games (and did with my adult son) because of my seat cushion and the extra gear I brought. We also brought food from home including things like thermoses of green chile to avoid the prices of stadium food/drink. So, I guess I am some what lucky to no longer be able to afford season tickets. The games would not be as comfortable-even the warm games because of the seat cushion. It makes the game or two that we pick up now unlikely for me. I'm sorry you think my illness would make me a 'fair weather fan.'

100%Broncoholic
06-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Folks, let's stay on the topic of the NFL adjusting stadium bags and not get into what type of fan argument.

:salute:

mray
06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I guess I'll have to sneak in the schnapps in my crotch now...

But seriously, as is typical, it is an overreaction with a little bit of sales potential (nfl logo clear bags) sprinkled in.

Broncodartqueen
06-20-2013, 06:21 AM
REI sells an inflatable seat cushion that rolls up very small. It's expensive, and mine is green, but it works really well. Much better than anything I have ever seen in a stadium, and far better than my SB seat cushions.

Don't know if that will pass though...

Great idea! I just checked out REI. I'm going to buy a couple for my friend and I.

Broncodartqueen
06-20-2013, 06:25 AM
I guess I'll have to sneak in the schnapps in my crotch now...

But seriously, as is typical, it is an overreaction with a little bit of sales potential (nfl logo clear bags) sprinkled in.

That is hilarious! If you know someone in the medical field, see if they can get you a "foley bag." They can attach to your leg and there is a small piece of metal to close the tubing. If security asks you about it, you can say you have a catheter that goes into your bladder. It's a crazy solution, but it does work.

FL BRONCO
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."Now, whether or not an essential liberty is being given up here in this instance is debatable, but it would be good to keep this in mind.

Well I would agree with the bolded part. And I do not want to give up any of my essential freedoms and rights in the name of fighting terrorism. If you want to tap my phone or phone records or fly drones over my head in my own home in America or take away my right to bear arms or any other constitutional right then I will be the first to agree with that statement and Fight for it.

However, it can not be avoided that obvious big time targets are events that draw a lot of people into a the same place together at the same time. Sporting events is definitely one of them eg(Boston Marathon). I don't see this as crossing the line I see this as a proactive common sense approach to reducing the possibility and making it harder for an individual or groop to be able to carry out such a plot. I am glad that they aren't sitting on their buts waiting for it to happen rather they are trying to approach it with common sense precautions. Will they make money doing it yes, will it stop every body who wants to do harm, not if they are intent on it. But it still makes it harder and hopefully reduces risk. Kinda like keepin a thief honest. You can't, but common sense says don't leave the computer in the front seat to be seen while you are gone cause that is just asking for it.

Again this is not at my house or in my personal event it is at a organized public facility and I don't see it as taking away my rights

Garfield
06-20-2013, 06:46 PM
"If these morons are willing to blow up their underwear or shoes, a seat cushion just may be the next thing.. "

or sweater bombs, so no sweaters. Don't you see there is no end when you start backtracking on freedoms.

"BTW how much damage could be done with a couple of motor-homes filled with explosive parked outside in the tailgaters area?

Based on the bag and seat cushion rule it would seem safer to ban parking at the stadium! Yeah, let's keep giving up.

Yet you seem not to have any solutions or ideas.. While I do not like the intrusion of the Government into my private life I am smart enough to know the threat is real..

Well I would agree with the bolded part. And I do not want to give up any of my essential freedoms and rights in the name of fighting terrorism. If you want to tap my phone or phone records or fly drones over my head in my own home in America or take away my right to bear arms or any other constitutional right then I will be the first to agree with that statement and Fight for it.

However, it can not be avoided that obvious big time targets are events that draw a lot of people into a the same place together at the same time. Sporting events is definitely one of them eg(Boston Marathon). I don't see this as crossing the line I see this as a proactive common sense approach to reducing the possibility and making it harder for an individual or group to be able to carry out such a plot. I am glad that they aren't sitting on their buts waiting for it to happen rather they are trying to approach it with common sense precautions. Will they make money doing it yes, will it stop every body who wants to do harm, not if they are intent on it. But it still makes it harder and hopefully reduces risk. Kinda like keeping a thief honest. You can't, but common sense says don't leave the computer in the front seat to be seen while you are gone cause that is just asking for it.

Again this is not at my house or in my personal event it is at a organized public facility and I don't see it as taking away my rights

Great post..

FL BRONCO
06-21-2013, 08:20 AM

There is a difference between being paranoid and adjusting to the level of risk just like their is a difference between being cautious but living and the I don't care attitude cause it will never happen to me. I do not live in fear nor will I and i believe I have made my statement about giving up my rights already. But I am aware that certain events are at much higher risks than others and I am all for adjusting security because of the increased safety concern. I would prefer not to see it happen whether its to me or someone else and if Not taking a bag into a stadium makes it safer so be it, I am still there for my team.

Azpathfinder
08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
So does anyone know where to buy compliant bags? The team website and nfl.com show they won't ship until September 14th, long after the first game...

Garfield
08-05-2013, 03:41 PM
So does anyone know where to buy compliant bags? The team website and nfl.com show they won't ship until September 14th, long after the first game...

from waht I understood it is about the size of a gallon ziplock..

JWinn
08-05-2013, 04:03 PM

I think they have them at the team store at the stadium.

They had cheerleaders showing them off on the big screen Saturday night. They were advertising them at least.

Probably already sold out. I know the store was really busy during the scrimmage. Can't hurt to call them though. 720-258-3300. Ask for Sue. She'll know....

JWinn
08-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Just got an e-mail about this very topic;

"Dear ,

On June 13th, the NFL Committee on Stadium Security announced a new policy related to the type of bags that will be allowed into NFL stadiums. Adopted overwhelmingly, these changes are intended to provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into stadiums. The new procedures will coincide with the start of the 2013 NFL preseason, and the details are outlined below.

To assist our Season Ticket Holders with the new program, we will be sending you a complimentary clear Broncos bag for use on game days that meets all of the NFL’s new guidelines. The pre-approved bag will help make stadium entry faster and easier when choosing to carry items with you to a Broncos game.

The bags have been ordered and we are making every effort to get them into your hands as soon as possible. They will be mailed directly to you at the address on your season ticket account and are expected to arrive in late August.

As a reminder, the new policy will be in effect for Broncos games at Sports Authority Field at Mile High beginning with the first preseason game on Saturday, Aug. 24 (vs. St. Louis, 6 p.m. kickoff). Please carefully read the new guidelines below and make sure any guests are aware of the new policy as they prepare for their game day experience.

The Denver Broncos are committed to making this transition as smooth as possible for our valued season ticket holders. Should you have any questions as it relates to this important change, please call 720.258.3338 or email NFLAllClear@broncos.nfl.net

NEW NFL BAG POLICY

Acceptable Items:

Each fan is permitted one bag that is clear (see-through) plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" (a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag is recommended as an easy option.)

Note: Small clutch bags, not to exceed 4.5” x 6.5” (approximately the size of a hand), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.

Prohibited Items:

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, diaper bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

We strongly recommend arriving to the stadium gates at least one-hour prior to the scheduled kickoff to allow time for security screening. For additional information including approved weather gear and gate entry procedures, please visit www.nfl.com/allclear.

The Broncos are proud of our commitment to ensure the safe and comfortable environment for all of our ticket holders and we appreciate your continued support of our efforts to improve the game day experience for everyone attending games at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Please visit our stadium website for complete details on policies and procedures for the upcoming season.

We are excited for the Denver Broncos 2013 season and look forward to seeing you at Sports Authority Field at Mile High this fall."

So I won't be buying one. I am getting one FREE! :thumb:

And talking with my wife last night about this, she told me our friend Karen went down to the store Saturday night, and they did NOT have them yet.

If Sue doesn't have them, nobody does.....

Anyway, there's the new rules again, and something for season ticket holders.

twelfth wman
08-13-2013, 08:28 AM
My advice....(since this is so crazy/ stupid policy as we are an outdoor stadium).... is --before heading to the gate wear all your layers and throw a blanket over you like "Superman" - put a large empty black trash bag in your pocket. When you are through the gates- quickly re-pack and keep your stuff dry before the rain and snow comes. Which it will. ;)
Since you will miss yoru seat cushion add it to your "style" -- LOL ---you may get it in...

JWinn
08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
My advice....(since this is so crazy/ stupid policy as we are an outdoor stadium).... is --before heading to the gate wear all your layers and throw a blanket over you like "Superman" - put a large empty black trash bag in your pocket. When you are through the gates- quickly re-pack and keep your stuff dry before the rain and snow comes. Which it will. ;)
Since you will miss yoru seat cushion add it to your "style" -- LOL ---you may get it in...

Just guessing Twelfth Wman, but your a season ticket holder, aint ya?

How about one of those big blue Bronco Store bags? I know you still have a few hanging around. :laugh:

Welcome to the boards! Thanks for the suggestion. :thumb:

superbronco07
08-13-2013, 12:32 PM
From Broncos Twitter account:

"Update on @NFL bag policy: seat cushions allowed in stadium. Must be 1 piece foam or inflatable w/ no pocket/material that can conceal items."

CanDB
09-01-2013, 01:00 PM
From Broncos Twitter account:

"Update on @NFL bag policy: seat cushions allowed in stadium. Must be 1 piece foam or inflatable w/ no pocket/material that can conceal items."

Whoa, not a bummer after all......

As for the clutch bag.....I see they have a max measurement size of 4.5" by 6.5". I liked it better when they described it as about the size of a hand. I was going to use an NBA Center's hand for reference. That would be about a foot long.;)

kishzilla
09-01-2013, 02:28 PM
They haven't said you can't load up your pockets. I have more than a few jackets that could hold a backpacks worth of stuff. That's what I would be doing.

oldbuckaroo
09-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Amid all the pomp and pageantry of the Bronco’s season opener, with all the pretentious pre-game patriotic puffery before a fawning legion of fans yet again subject to the whims of the NFL team owners insisting that game attendees purchase an official NFL approved 6x6x12 clear plastic bag in which to carry their game essentials, it comes as little surprise that these same well-heeled NFL team owners were apparently too cheap to find an American company to manufacture their latest must-have gimmick.

Over the strains of Toby Keith belting out “Made In America” through the PA, as the crowd cheered the on-field representatives from the US military, firefighters and police proudly carrying the American Flag, with Air National Guard jets streaking overhead, I couldn’t help but notice the tag on my brand new official Bronco logo plastic bag. Plain as day it read “Made In China”.

C'mon Mr. Bowlen; Are you telling me that there wasn't a Colorado company capable of mass producing these bags and still leaving you poor owners with enough room for profit?

Frenchy180
09-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Amid all the pomp and pageantry of the Bronco’s season opener, with all the pretentious pre-game patriotic puffery before a fawning legion of fans yet again subject to the whims of the NFL team owners insisting that game attendees purchase an official NFL approved 6x6x12 clear plastic bag in which to carry their game essentials, it comes as little surprise that these same well-heeled NFL team owners were apparently too cheap to find an American company to manufacture their latest must-have gimmick.

Over the strains of Toby Keith belting out “Made In America” through the PA, as the crowd cheered the on-field representatives from the US military, firefighters and police proudly carrying the American Flag, with Air National Guard jets streaking overhead, I couldn’t help but notice the tag on my brand new official Bronco logo plastic bag. Plain as day it read “Made In China”.

C'mon Mr. Bowlen; Are you telling me that there wasn't a Colorado company capable of mass producing these bags and still leaving you poor owners with enough room for profit?

There was no jet flyover Thursday night...

JWinn
09-10-2013, 10:14 PM

C'mon man.

Was this before or after the lightning delay?

You know as well as I do this was not Pat Bowlen's doing, but is a league-wide thing.

Had you gone to the game, you would have noticed there were free bags handed out at every entrance. Nobody forced you to buy a chinese bag. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure this is really serious......

If so, tell it to the Complaint Department, and it will get the attention it deserves.

EddieMac
09-10-2013, 10:47 PM
C'mon man.

Was this before or after the lightning delay?

You know as well as I do this was not Pat Bowlen's doing, but is a league-wide thing.

Had you gone to the game, you would have noticed there were free bags handed out at every entrance. Nobody forced you to buy a chinese bag. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure this is really serious......

If so, tell it to the Complaint Department, and it will get the attention it deserves.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/9/69383431_69f7ff5404.jpg

JWinn
09-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Your suggesting I, what, ask CSR Mugo to use HIS considerable influence to move this gentlemen to the front of the line?

You know the rules. :nono:

Expedited Service costs extra. :laugh:

CanDB
09-22-2013, 08:02 AM
OK.......might take in a game this year. Any news on where these plastic bags are being sold now, other than ordering online? Do they not have any stores that sell them in Denver?

THX in advance!

JWinn
09-22-2013, 09:10 AM
OK.......might take in a game this year. Any news on where these plastic bags are being sold now, other than ordering online? Do they not have any stores that sell them in Denver?

THX in advance!

I have not seen them yet in stores. Just the one's sent to season ticket holders so far.

You SHOULD be able to buy that at the stadium store or at DV before a game sometime soon, but I don't know if they have them yet myself. They SHOULD by now, but a call to the store will verify if they have them or not.

They give out plastic bags at all the entrances. At least they have so far. You really don't HAVE to buy one.

CanDB
09-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I have not seen them yet in stores. Just the one's sent to season ticket holders so far.

You SHOULD be able to buy that at the stadium store or at DV before a game sometime soon, but I don't know if they have them yet myself. They SHOULD by now, but a call to the store will verify if they have them or not.

They give out plastic bags at all the entrances. At least they have so far. You really don't HAVE to buy one.

Thx for that JW!

I am sure they are giving out plastic bags in Jacksonville and Cleveland as well these days......but that has more to do with intestinal issues.

;)

JWinn
09-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Thx for that JW!

I am sure they are giving out plastic bags in Jacksonville and Cleveland as well these days......but that has more to do with intestinal issues.

;)

:laugh: Those are little white paper bags that seal at the top. :sick:

CanDB
09-22-2013, 11:42 AM
:laugh: Those are little white paper bags that seal at the top. :sick:

Maybe I spoke too soon......Cleveland is beating The Vikes!