PDA

View Full Version : Nba draft 2013

atwaterandstir
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Any fans hoping for someone in particular?
As a Jazz fan I am hoping we can get a PG. with 2 first rd picks I would love to see the Jazz make a move to go up and get either Burke or MCW. Shane Larkin is more likely but if Burke slides past 7 I think the Jazz might have enough to move up and get him. There seems to be a lot of rumblings of teams thinking there is good value in the 15-25 range and with the Jazz having 14 and 21 maybe they can do something.

HUMCALC
06-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm PRAYING that CHI goes SG & C with their picks

atwaterandstir
06-26-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm PRAYING that CHI goes SG & C with their picks

Mason Plumlee from Duke has a chance to be there a 20..... Do you think he is a good fit? I wouldnt mind Utah taking him and pg Larkin actually. Chicago (20)picks right before Utahs second pick (21) so if the Jazz want him they might have to take him at 14 and hope Larkin is there at 21 (unlikely)

But there are a bunch of SG available this year, if Chicago needs one they should have a few options even at 20.

atwaterandstir
06-26-2013, 09:17 PM
The NBA draft is so hard to predict because its hard to really judge the foreign talent available. Each year we are shocked with a few names that people have no clue about.

C and SG especially, if theres anything we can guarantee though its that there will be at least a few foreign 7 foot skinny rail centers going in rd 1.

atwaterandstir
06-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Jazz pre draft trade rumor.....
Thomas Robinson for Utahs 14th pick and Jimmer Freddette for Utahs 21st......I would be happy doing both.

InElwayWeTrust
06-27-2013, 12:38 AM
I just hope Anthony Bennett goes high. :D

atwaterandstir
06-27-2013, 07:32 AM

Oh I bet he goes high......being 6'7" with strength and shooting ability will be hard for many teams to pass up.
The only knock I have seen from people is his defensive effort. I didnt see many Rebels games to know if thats really the case, but when I did see him play he easily stood out as the best player on the floor.

Yakka27
06-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Would love to see the Timberwolves move up for that number one pick.

Kevin Love is a good player, but not someone you can rely on. Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, and Ben McLemore is a better package than Kevin Love for 1/2 a season.

Not to mention they'd still keep their 9th pick to grab another big man.

Spice 1
06-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Jazz pre draft trade rumor.....
Thomas Robinson for Utahs 14th pick and Jimmer Freddette for Utahs 21st......I would be happy doing both.

Big risk, big reward. I thought Robinson was one of the better players coming out of last year's draft. It looked like the Kings dealt him for financial reasons, but with the Rockets now wanting to move him, it makes you wonder.

I like how the Cavs tried that BS about not knowing whether to take Noel or Len, and then turned around and tried to deal the whole team (and the team's future) for Love. SMH. It's hard being a Cavs fan, you guys have no idea. A team that is still trying to recover from trading Kevin Garnett six years ago is not going to trade their franchise player. Cleveland better just draft Noel. His potential and fit with the team out whey the chance that he blows his knee out. It's still the right move.

Yakka27
06-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Big risk, big reward. I thought Robinson was one of the better players coming out of last year's draft. It looked like the Kings dealt him for financial reasons, but with the Rockets now wanting to move him, it makes you wonder.

I like how the Cavs tried that BS about not knowing whether to take Noel or Len, and then turned around and tried to deal the whole team (and the team's future) for Love. SMH. It's hard being a Cavs fan, you guys have no idea. A team that is still trying to recover from trading Kevin Garnett six years ago is not going to trade their franchise player. Cleveland better just draft Noel. His potential and fit with the team out whey the chance that he blows his knee out. It's still the right move.

I think Minnesota is in the wrong by not trading Kevin Love!

Spice 1
06-27-2013, 10:14 AM
I think Minnesota is in the wrong by not trading Kevin Love!

If Love ends up leaving, definitely.

atwaterandstir
06-27-2013, 10:17 AM
If Love ends up leaving, definitely.

Exactly right.... the Jazz did it last season when the Clippers were offering Bledsoe for Millsap at the trade deadline. The Jazz balked at the trade and now Millsap is likely gone and the Jazz are going to reach for a PG.

InElwayWeTrust
06-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Oh I bet he goes high......being 6'7" with strength and shooting ability will be hard for many teams to pass up.
The only knock I have seen from people is his defensive effort. I didnt see many Rebels games to know if thats really the case, but when I did see him play he easily stood out as the best player on the floor.

He took possessions off all the time, but it's more his stamina than his lack of effort. He has asthma, and really struggled to finish games. Other than that his game really has no weaknesses.

HDbroncos02
06-27-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm a Jazz fan and I really want Schroeder or Larkin at #14 or #21 if one or the other are still available. The Jazz should take with one of their picks in the 1st round, then BPA at all the other positions.

PGs I'd be happy with (in realistic range) are Schroeder, Larkin, Erick Green, and Pierre Jackson.

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Mason Plumlee from Duke has a chance to be there a 20..... Do you think he is a good fit? I wouldnt mind Utah taking him and pg Larkin actually. Chicago (20)picks right before Utahs second pick (21) so if the Jazz want him they might have to take him at 14 and hope Larkin is there at 21 (unlikely)

But there are a bunch of SG available this year, if Chicago needs one they should have a few options even at 20.

Absolutely. GarPax LOVES Duke. He's a good rebounder and runs the floor well, just like Noah. Solid all around offensive game, and good post D. If I were a betting man, that's what my $ would be on

Matymaddog
06-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Some possible late 1sts to late 2nds I like

Ray McCallum PG
James Southerland SG
Erick Green PG
Giannis Antetokoumpo SF
Glen Rice Jr. SF
James Ennis SF
Solomon Hill SF
Jackie Carmichael PF
Mike Muscala C
Sergey Karasev SF
Lucas Nogeiura C
Nemanja Nedovic SG
BJ Young SG
Ricardo Ledo SG

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Some possible late 1sts to late 2nds I like

Ray McCallum PG
James Southerland SG
Erick Green PG
Giannis Antetokoumpo SF
Glen Rice Jr. SF
James Ennis SF
Solomon Hill SF
Jackie Carmichael PF
Mike Muscala C
Sergey Karasev SF
Lucas Nogeiura C
Nemanja Nedovic SG
BJ Young SG
Ricardo Ledo SG

I like Green and Muscala too

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 04:42 PM

You got your wish :D

Matymaddog
06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
I like the first 2 picks. Really like Oladipo. Bennett was a good pick for the Cavs. Glad they didn't cave into the pressure to take Noel. Bennett fits their team better considering the talent they already have. They obviously expect him to a versatile player at the 3 and 4

InElwayWeTrust
06-27-2013, 05:28 PM
ANTHONY BENNETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNLV BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Spice 1
06-27-2013, 05:57 PM
I like the first 2 picks. Really like Oladipo. Bennett was a good pick for the Cavs. Glad they didn't cave into the pressure to take Noel. Bennett fits their team better considering the talent they already have. They obviously expect him to a versatile player at the 3 and 4

Poor man's Larry Johnson, but I'm not complaining given the fact that most of the NBA is convinced that Noel's knee is on the clock. If he rebounds and defends better than that scrub Zeller, I'm in.

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Well, that's a disappointment. We needed a backup C, first and foremost

Broncoholic3233
06-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Snell is a beast. Be happy.

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Snell is a beast. Be happy.

Well I'm not unhappy with the pic, but I was like Jay Bilas. I thought Plum was the best player available. It doesn't matter regardless, they won't get any playing time

Matymaddog
06-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Snell is an athletic beast for sure but he'll make his money in what he does off the ball. He is not someone that will create a shot but he runs the court like a mad man and comes off screens well. So he will be running all over the court to get open and his perimeter shooting is good as well. Solid on D with good court vision for the pass as well. The main drawback with Snell is creating off the dribble.

Matymaddog
06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Really like the Solomon Hill pick. The epitome of a role player. Great court vision as a SF for the assist. Good at boxing out, good defense, very strong in the paint to score with contact. A ton of hustle. Some will think he was over-drafted but the guy is all around solid

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Really like the Solomon Hill pick. The epitome of a role player. Great court vision as a SF for the assist. Good at boxing out, good defense, very strong in the paint to score with contact. A ton of hustle. Some will think he was over-drafted but the guy is all around solid

Who do you guys hope/think DEN drafts?

InsaneBlaze23
06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Joe Dumars really needs to go.
Should have drafted Trey Burke.

Watch him become a star while the guy we did pick be the next Darko.

CanDB
06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
ANTHONY BENNETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNLV BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NICE!!!!!

1st Canadian to go #1 in the draft.

:thumb:

SoundsOfSuccess
06-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Really pleased with the Lakers picks so far..

Smh.

Matymaddog
06-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Who do you guys hope/think DEN drafts?

Heck if I know at this point but the guys I'd like us to draft with who are remaining are Ricardo Ledo and Mike Muscala considering one adds a post presence with post scoring and Ricky is dynamic off the dribble. Erick Green is another guy I'd love. I think they will be gone when we pick but who knows. We could especially lose a Center with trading Kosta unless Moz is extended an offer From my original list the following are left.

Ray McCallum PG
James Southerland SG
Erick Green PG
James Ennis SF
Jackie Carmichael PF
Mike Muscala C
BJ Young SG
Ricardo Ledo SG
Seth Curry SG
James Southerland SF
Livio Jean-Charles SF
Ray McCallum PG
Nate Wolters PG

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Heck if I know at this point but the guys I'd like us to draft with who are remaining are Ricardo Ledo and Mike Muscala considering one adds a post presence with post scoring and Ricky is dynamic off the dribble. Erick Green is another guy I'd love. I think they will be gone when we pick but who knows. We could especially lose a Center with trading Kosta unless Moz is extended an offer From my original list the following are left.

Ray McCallum PG
James Southerland SG
Erick Green PG
James Ennis SF
Jackie Carmichael PF
Mike Muscala C
BJ Young SG
Ricardo Ledo SG
Seth Curry SG
James Southerland SF
Livio Jean-Charles SF
Ray McCallum PG
Nate Wolters PG

You got him. I guess CHI's plan is to play small guys, since Noah's the tallest at 6'11". We drafted another PF, why?

Matymaddog
06-27-2013, 08:55 PM
You got him. I guess CHI's plan is to play small guys, since Noah's the tallest at 6'11". We drafted another PF, why?

Wasn't a huge fan of Eric Murphy to be honest. I took him off my list a week ago after looking further into him. He doesn't block, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't score enough to make up for that. He wasn't strong enough, he was on the ground way too much for my liking when being challenged in the post. His athleticism doesn't stand out. I don't know. Not a fan of the pick

HUMCALC
06-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Wasn't a huge fan of Eric Murphy to be honest. I took him off my list a week ago after looking further into him. He doesn't block, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't score enough to make up for that. He wasn't strong enough, he was on the ground way too much for my liking when being challenged in the post. His athleticism doesn't stand out. I don't know. Not a fan of the pick

Me either, and you know that I LOVE my Gators. I hope Noah throws a tiny fit. A fit larger enough so that our FO does something to ensure that he doesn't have to play 45 mpg, and yet small enough so that he doesn't get into trouble

Matymaddog
06-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Me either, and you know that I LOVE my Gators. I hope Noah throws a tiny fit. A fit larger enough so that our FO does something to ensure that he doesn't have to play 45 mpg, and yet small enough so that he doesn't get into trouble

I think the front office for the Bulls may believe that since Erik Murphy has come so far in such a short time in terms of physical development that it's only a matter of time before he get's used to his new body. The kid appears to give it 110% at all times even if it's not enough at times but that could possibly relate back to his transformation putting on about 20-30 pounds of muscle which can be difficult at that size but it's not like the kid is big and bulky, he's muscular so I really question if he will get it together. Maybe if he was a tad soft I'd be like "Oh well he's just got to get used to it and shed some pounds" but the guy is lean. One thing I will say, he is definitely a threat from the 3 point line. I think the Bulls maybe hopeful he could turn into a Ryan Anderson type

atwaterandstir
06-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Love what Jazz did......Burke was the best PG in the draft and despite his size, he fills a huge void.

canadiansbronco
06-28-2013, 12:12 PM
anthony bennett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlv baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canada baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smug::P

InsaneBlaze23
06-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Love what Jazz did......Burke was the best PG in the draft and despite his size, he fills a huge void.

He and every sport fan in the state of Michigan thought he'd be a Piston. But Joe Dumars never makes smart decisions.

atwaterandstir
06-28-2013, 01:09 PM
He and every sport fan in the state of Michigan thought he'd be a Piston. But Joe Dumars never makes smart decisions.

Yeah I knew the Jazz wanted him and I thought it would take at least the 7th pick and some luck to get him. When the Pistons passed at 8 I knew the Jazz were making a push.

I love the pick, hes going to be really good for Utah

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Just finished this.

Go REBELS!!! and Go Canada I guess too... :laugh:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/AnthonyBennettCavs_zps873b1c6e.png

CanDB
06-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Just finished this.

Go REBELS!!! and Go Canada I guess too... :laugh:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/AnthonyBennettCavs_zps873b1c6e.png

I have to admit that I am surprised to say it, but it is very likely that a canuck will go #1 two years in a row......Andrew Wiggins will probably be that guy in '14.

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2013, 10:18 PM
I have to admit that I am surprised to say it, but it is very likely that a canuck will go #1 two years in a row......Andrew Wiggins will probably be that guy in '14.

Americans winning Conn Smythes.
Canadians being drafted #1 in Basketball.

What is going on!?!?! :laugh:

Spice 1
06-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Americans winning Conn Smythes.
Canadians being drafted #1 in Basketball.

What is going on!?!?! :laugh:

There are more 6'8-6'9 Canadian power forwards on Cleveland's roster than there are in Canada right now.

Now, if we could just figure out how to make one of them grow four inches, we'd be all set.

CanDB
06-29-2013, 07:48 AM
There are more 6'8-6'9 Canadian power forwards on Cleveland's roster than there are in Canada right now.

Now, if we could just figure out how to make one of them grow four inches, we'd be all set.

It's the dang cold!!!!

Spice 1
06-29-2013, 08:00 AM
It's the dang cold!!!!

I have to spread the love first, but keep up the good work.