PDA

View Full Version : Best place to STAY in Denver

kingskib
07-09-2013, 10:56 AM
I will be visiting for the Eagles game at the end of September. Just the wife and I in our continued journey to see a game at every NFL stadium (this will be stadium 14).

Neither of us have been to Denver before, and are coming to eat, drink and be merry. We love tailgating and will probably rent a car and tailgate, but we don't have much else planned for the trip.

I am looking for suggestions on areas of town to stay, and areas to avoid. We have had pretty good luck with VBRO and Airbnb in the past so we will look to those options, but don't know the good neighbouhoods. We fly in from Vancouver on the Friday and depart Monday morning.

What about college games? Are there any local College / University teams I can check the schedules for.

Thanks in advance for all the assistance.

86Elwayfan
07-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I will be visiting for the Eagles game at the end of September. Just the wife and I in our continued journey to see a game at every NFL stadium (this will be stadium 14).

Neither of us have been to Denver before, and are coming to eat, drink and be merry. We love tailgating and will probably rent a car and tailgate, but we don't have much else planned for the trip.

I am looking for suggestions on areas of town to stay, and areas to avoid. We have had pretty good luck with VBRO and Airbnb in the past so we will look to those options, but don't know the good neighbouhoods. We fly in from Vancouver on the Friday and depart Monday morning.

What about college games? Are there any local College / University teams I can check the schedules for.

Thanks in advance for all the assistance.

I can't really help with places to stay as far as hotels go, but I will say that for the most part in downtown Denver you will be fine with areas. Golden, CO is my town near Denver that you can stay in so I would suggest that. Golden is home to a pretty cool small town feel as well as Coors Brewery and is only 15 minutes from the stadium and downtown denver. As far as college games go the closest Division I college football team would be CU in Boulder. Which is about a 30-40 minute drive from Denver.

kingskib
08-13-2013, 12:06 PM
I was able to get a place in Five Points. Looks to be a good area.

Thanks for the suggestions though.