PDA

View Full Version : Gore - 'Lamar Miller looking good'

bronx_2003
07-12-2013, 07:54 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217442/article/lamar-millers-speed-turning-heads-for-miami-dolphins

I wanted this kid so much on draft day last year, he is going to explode next season.

I have followed him for the last few years and he will be a star this season.

I would recommend jumping on him in FF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7khPECxIbxY

one5beast
07-12-2013, 10:12 AM
:laugh: I saw the thread, then the poster and started laughing

I agree. I also liked miller out of college. next Clinton Portis.

ERoyal248
07-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Oh good god another Lamar Miller thread.

Shakes head gif.

Matymaddog
07-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Haha I'm glad it's in the correct forum. I'll believe it when I see it. Everyone looks good without pads. Especially guys that are fast. The ability is there. If he lasts in my fantasy draft I'll take him

ERoyal248
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree with Maty.

He's got the talent but I'll believe it he actually produces vs defenses. He didn't do much more than Ronnie last year.

HUMCALC
07-12-2013, 04:00 PM
I'll probably look at taking him in the 3rd round, at the earliest

Matymaddog
07-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I agree with Maty.

He's got the talent but I'll believe it he actually produces vs defenses. He didn't do much more than Ronnie last year.

And what he did do well he did against some of the worst run defenses in the league. His route for success is paved considering he has a very mobile QB (Takes pressure off the run) and a heck of a blocking offensive line (Very underrated if you ask me). Not to mention a young QB who may rely on him as a safety valve coupled with the acquisition of Mike Wallace to keep safeties at bay in the run game. However, I just get the strangest feeling that he's going to come in, blow up for a few games like a Darren McFadden and then get hurt a long the way and fizzle a bit. I really like Mike Gillislee on their squad. The guy just squeezes through the tiniest of holes but Miller has all-world athleticism. His vision is serviceable and he blows out of his stance like a cannon. My only criticism really is his lateral agility and leg drive on contact which in limited reps he showed some initiative to keep it going and other times didn't. He just needs to be more balanced in the hole. So we will see about Lamar. I personally won't touch him in the 1st 3 rounds of my draft unless there is a fire sale on RB's but I will keep a steady eye on him and take him over either of our own RB's as a fantasy option. Not because I think he is better but because he has a healthy o-line who excels at run blocking, he's being given every chance to start with limited competition in camp, and he has homerun ability where even if he is stuffed for 10 runs he has the potential to break off that one long run.

HUMCALC
07-12-2013, 05:06 PM
And what he did do well he did against some of the worst run defenses in the league. His route for success is paved considering he has a very mobile QB (Takes pressure off the run) and a heck of a blocking offensive line (Very underrated if you ask me). Not to mention a young QB who may rely on him as a safety valve coupled with the acquisition of Mike Wallace to keep safeties at bay in the run game. However, I just get the strangest feeling that he's going to come in, blow up for a few games like a Darren McFadden and then get hurt a long the way and fizzle a bit. I really like Mike Gillislee on their squad. The guy just squeezes through the tiniest of holes but Miller has all-world athleticism. His vision is serviceable and he blows out of his stance like a cannon. My only criticism really is his lateral agility and leg drive on contact which in limited reps he showed some initiative to keep it going and other times didn't. He just needs to be more balanced in the hole. So we will see about Lamar. I personally won't touch him in the 1st 3 rounds of my draft unless there is a fire sale on RB's but I will keep a steady eye on him and take him over either of our own RB's as a fantasy option. Not because I think he is better but because he has a healthy o-line who excels at run blocking, he's being given every chance to start with limited competition in camp, and he has homerun ability where even if he is stuffed for 10 runs he has the potential to break off that one long run.

I trust Miller a lot more than I trust Gillislee. Gillislee was inconsistent behind a very good Florida line, and I'm a DIE-HARD Gator fan

BroncoFanBoy
07-12-2013, 05:55 PM
49ers players are sure obsessed with the Miami Dolphins recently.

ERoyal248
07-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Taking him in the 3rd is WAY too high.

Maybe a couple rounds after depending who is on board and whatnot.

bronx_2003
07-13-2013, 09:50 AM
The first 3 rounds is too high.

I was talking round 5 ish.

Matymaddog
07-13-2013, 05:57 PM
I trust Miller a lot more than I trust Gillislee. Gillislee was inconsistent behind a very good Florida line, and I'm a DIE-HARD Gator fan

I'm actually the opposite, and I'm not even a Florida fan. I trust Gillislee more with hitting the designated hole. He rarely from the games I watched tried to create on his own. I don't think Lamar is impatient but I've seen Gillislee stick with it far longer than Lamar in college. Take for instance, James Wilson. Can we really say he was very good? He was a 5-star recruit at one point but he didn't start consistently until his senior year because of work-ethic questions, injuries, etc. I also don't find the rest of the offensive line to have been stand out performers that year. You can of course correct me if I'm wrong. Chaz Green didn't do all too bad against LSU but I read he's not even slated as a starter this year sitting being an incoming freshmen in Tyler Moore. Xavier Nixon went undrafted, etc.

I think you may be overrating the Florida O-line a tad bit. The majority of Gillislee's production in the run game against LSU I contribute to one factor.
1 - Mike Gillislee

Jeff Driskel was absolute garbage running the ball in that game. Gillislee hands down won that game for Florida.

But like I said, Gillislee does not have close to the physical talent Lamar Miller has.

Matymaddog
07-13-2013, 06:07 PM
The first 3 rounds is too high.

I was talking round 5 ish.

Round 5 might be a good round to start targeting him. Personally I'm changing my drafting strategy a tad this year. I typically loaded up on RB's at the beginning but this year I'm going to go into fantasy like I would a real draft. BPA.

PowderAddict
07-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Round 5 might be a good round to start targeting him. Personally I'm changing my drafting strategy a tad this year. I typically loaded up on RB's at the beginning but this year I'm going to go into fantasy like I would a real draft. BPA.

that's my strategy, and I havent missed the playoffs in years.

Bootleg
07-14-2013, 10:58 AM
49ers players are sure obsessed with the Miami Dolphins recently.

:laugh: Good one.