PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy sleepers?

atwaterandstir
07-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Anybody have any players they are targeting and if so care to elaborate why? I dont neccesarily mean just late round grabs either. Perhaps a guy worth getting a round or two earlier than projected. Any players your worried about?

For me a couple WRs I like are Kenny Britt (coming off injury) and Denario Alexander. I think both guys are rated in the 8-9 round area (ppr) and I think both will have an end of season value much greater than draft position. I also like Antonio Brown now with his bigger role. I have concerns with drafting any of our own WRs mostly because its going to be hard to rely on one guy to outproduce the others consistantly. I will be happy to have any of our big three, but Im just not sure the consistant week to week performance will match where they are all likely to be drafted.

I think Rbs Lamar Miller and our own Montee Ball will be overdrafted (too early) Im also worried about the workload Arian Foster will have this year. I think the Texans realize they cant run him so much if they want to make a real late season push. I am confident he still has a big year, but I think if I have a top 3 pick I will pass on him this year. McFadden is a guy I see having a good value year, of course his injury history is a concern but I think that reason alone will drop him a round lower than his end of year value will be. IMO Danny Woodhead in a PPR league will be a hot commodity by mid season.

A QB I am big on this year is Stafford. I think people will be intrigued with Wilson, Kapernick, and RG3 and might let Stafford slip through the cracks a bit. Ints are a concern, but with how much they pass I think hes worth dealing with the occaisional multi int game. Cutler is another I think that can be had late and will pay off (as per draft value).

InsaneBlaze23
07-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy will be late round steals. Hell I saw a piece on ESPN of reporters think Trent is 1st round talent. I think he'll fall in all leagues to at least the middle rounds.

Yeah the NFL is deep this season with QB's, missing out on Rodgers, Manning, Brady, and Brees isn't a bad thing anymore. Stafford is a good pick, but he does have issues with picks and consistency. For me he'd be more of a back-up on the roster than a starter.

beastlyskronk
07-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Reggie Bush is going to have a monster year with the Lions. 2200 total yards and 10 TDs

atwaterandstir
07-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Reggie Bush is going to have a monster year with the Lions. 2200 total yards and 10 TDs

I like Bush as well, hes actually a big reason I think Stafford has a nice fantasy season. I think his pass catching ability will be a focus when they are in the red zone.

atwaterandstir
07-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy will be late round steals. Hell I saw a piece on ESPN of reporters think Trent is 1st round talent. I think he'll fall in all leagues to at least the middle rounds.

Yeah the NFL is deep this season with QB's, missing out on Rodgers, Manning, Brady, and Brees isn't a bad thing anymore. Stafford is a good pick, but he does have issues with picks and consistency. For me he'd be more of a back-up on the roster than a starter.

Im not so sure Richardson falls. Many people draft based solely on "experts rankings". WR is a very very deep position and RBs will go high especially the few "bell cows" left in the league.

dizzolve
07-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Denard Robinson JAX

Alex Smith

Golden Tate

Danario Alexander

Darrius Heyward Bey

You know, it's a shame Tony Scheffler doesn't get more touches because he could really produce

SoundsOfSuccess
07-28-2013, 01:28 PM
I think Donovan McNabb is going to have a breakout year.

Also, Deuce McAllister has been looking good in camp, I heard.

InsaneBlaze23
07-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Im not so sure Richardson falls. Many people draft based solely on "experts rankings". WR is a very very deep position and RBs will go high especially the few "bell cows" left in the league.
Even with that, I'd say wait on him till the later rounds. Like 4-6. No matter what the experts say there is way too much talent available in the first 2-3 rounds to grab Trent.

I think Donovan McNabb is going to have a breakout year.

Also, Deuce McAllister has been looking good in camp, I heard.
I'm taking Tiki in the first.

HUMCALC
07-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Who do you guys think the top QB/RB combo is?

atwaterandstir
07-28-2013, 05:51 PM

As a combo I would prob say Matt Ryan and Steven Jackson will be as good a duo as just about anyone.

Perhaps Romo and Murray as well?

beastlyskronk
07-28-2013, 07:55 PM

RG3 and Morris

atwaterandstir
07-28-2013, 08:43 PM
RG3 and Morris

Yeah another good one there.....kind of forgot about RG3 and Morris combo.

If RG3 is healthy enough to go week 1 and play at full strength, they will be a tough duo to beat.

SoundsOfSuccess
07-28-2013, 08:54 PM

Brees and Sproles, if your league gives you a point per reception.

HUMCALC
07-28-2013, 09:17 PM
I get 1 point for every 10 yards

underrated29
07-28-2013, 10:08 PM
If trich falls to rd four or five you must play with children. Trich is likey a first rd pick and second at the latest. He was a beast last year and with norv tuner calling the shots he's going to be waaaaaaaaaay better this year. Way better. Possibly top 5 pick in a ppr.

Thors Hammer
07-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Two guys who will benefit from each other, Andy Dalton and Mohamed Sanu. I think the Bengals offense opens up a lot more with the additions of Tyler Eifert and Giovanni Bernard, giving Dalton more weapons in the passing game. And Sanu will benefit from playing across from A.J. Green.

Another WR I think may be primed for a breakout year is Alshon Jeffrey in Chicago. He started the year putting up decent numbers on a bad knee before the injury took him out for the year. And again, he will get the benefit of being opposite Brandon Marshall who will draw most of the defenses attention.

atwaterandstir
07-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Two guys who will benefit from each other, Andy Dalton and Mohamed Sanu. I think the Bengals offense opens up a lot more with the additions of Tyler Eifert and Giovanni Bernard, giving Dalton more weapons in the passing game. And Sanu will benefit from playing across from A.J. Green.

Another WR I think may be primed for a breakout year is Alshon Jeffrey in Chicago. He started the year putting up decent numbers on a bad knee before the injury took him out for the year. And again, he will get the benefit of being opposite Brandon Marshall who will draw most of the defenses attention.

Jeffery is another guy I have expectations for. Marc Trestman is known to be a creative coach and the reports are they will stop force feeding Marshall as many targets. I believe both Forte and Jeffery see a large jump in production this year and especially in the short passing game with Forte.

sbxxxiichamps
07-29-2013, 03:03 PM
First Round - CJ Spiller...every year the rankings get shuffled around and you need to find the breakout players to stay ahead. Spiller averaged 6 yards a carry and new coach Doug Marrone is going to bring a run heavy offense from syracuse. He could be up there with All Day by years end fantasy wise.

MJD could be a second round steal to coming back from injury...while healthy last year he touched the ball on 40% of Jacksonville's plays.

In PPR leagues try to snag Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles, that should be a no brainer!

As far as deep sleepers go for the later rounds, I don't have anything yet.

bronx_2003
07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Lamar Miller - No competition in Miami and has the speed to have a huge year

Reggie Bush - Little competition and they have the passing game to take attention away from him

Possibly Bell in Pittsburgh, I used to have Montee Ball as a sleeper but I think Hillman and Moreno will take too many touches away from him.

Possibly Tavon Austin but I think he might get over-drafted.

Luck could have a big year.

sbxxxiichamps
07-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Our very own TE Julius Thomas...I hear hes having a good camp, maybe good enough to get the starting role. Anyways he won't be drafted early considering no one outside of Denver would be excited for a guy with 1 reception to his name.

I mean I wouldn't draft him as my starter, but as a possible breakout backup late in the draft? Why not!? especially when my one league is 14 teams and we are dying for players late lol.