PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Dove Valley

spcdlee02
07-30-2013, 12:15 PM
It's been 21 years since I left Colorado for the military. I'm visiting again-finally- next year in early July. Is Dove Valley open to visitors at team headquarters? I've looked everywhere and can find nothing. Thanks for any help.

dsmith275
07-30-2013, 10:12 PM
This time of year it is open to the public for training camp. Its always a lot of fun you should definetly try to make it if you can! Also Thank you for your service to our country!

BluenOrnge4Life
07-31-2013, 08:37 AM
It's been 21 years since I left Colorado for the military. I'm visiting again-finally- next year in early July. Is Dove Valley open to visitors at team headquarters? I've looked everywhere and can find nothing. Thanks for any help.

Yeah you can catch training camp practice this time of year, but be sure to check the website here for the schedule when you come because not all of the practices are open to the public. There is a team store that you can go to and buy Broncos gear that I think could be open year round - even if they aren't practicing - because there is a sign on the front of dove valley that says 'Team Store' which leads me to believe it's open too during the year, and not just the back way to the team store by the practice fields. However, If I'm coming to Colorado and not planning to watch a training camp, I would just go check out the stadium. I do know that the team store there is a lot bigger and is open year round.

spcdlee02
07-31-2013, 10:04 AM
I might check out the stadium instead. That's a good idea. I've not seen the new one. Thanks for all the help!

JWinn
07-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Yes, year round, you can visit Dove Valley, but there is only so much they might show you.

As was said, you can always go to the team store around the corner on the property, but you can ALWAYS also go into the main office. Right there out front they have a trophy case, and a couple of real cool one's on individual pedestals. Your free to always stop in, say hey, and take a few pictures. You may not get a grand tour, or "see anyone", but yes, you can visit DV any time of year. Who knows, you might get lucky . ;)

Aside from Training Camp.

Of course. You can visit any pro teams offices. Most of them are glad to have fans visit, take pictures of the place, and be told how great they are, lol.

You bet!

:logo:

BluenOrnge4Life
07-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes, year round, you can visit Dove Valley, but there is only so much they might show you.

As was said, you can always go to the team store around the corner on the property, but you can ALWAYS also go into the main office. Right there out front they have a trophy case, and a couple of real cool one's on individual pedestals. Your free to always stop in, say hey, and take a few pictures. You may not get a grand tour, or "see anyone", but yes, you can visit DV any time of year. Who knows, you might get lucky . ;)

Aside from Training Camp.

Of course. You can visit any pro teams offices. Most of them are glad to have fans visit, take pictures of the place, and be told how great they are, lol.

You bet!

Thanks man for the info! Wasn't aware that they had all of that in the main office for fans to see. I'm going to have to check it out on Friday when I'm back for training camp.

JWinn
07-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks man for the info! Wasn't aware that they had all of that in the main office for fans to see. I'm going to have to check it out on Friday when I'm back for training camp.

Whoa there Nelly! haha

Although that was all true, and applies for most of the year, I have a feeling that during TC, they might be a bit more restrictive. I imagine they don't want 2,000 people coming thru for a "visit" like I described, ya know?

Maybe. I have never tried that during TC. My visits were during the offseason, when they didn't have large organized events with thousands of people attending. Capice? My last time was more of a one on one kinda thing. I happened to be in the area, had my camera with me, and decided to just stop by. I didn't bring 2,000 people with me, lol. I parked right out front, not in the dirt lot to the West.

That was a few years ago, so I did call and ask, to make sure things were as I remembered, and confirmed what I said just before posting that. But I didn't ask about THIS WEEK, or during TC. Just in general.

I guess it can't hurt to try though. Good Luck!

BluenOrnge4Life
07-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Whoa there Nelly! haha

Although that was all true, and applies for most of the year, I have a feeling that during TC, they might be a bit more restrictive. I imagine they don't want 2,000 people coming thru for a "visit" like I described, ya know?

Maybe. I have never tried that during TC. My visits were during the offseason, when they didn't have large organized events with thousands of people attending. Capice? My last time was more of a one on one kinda thing. I happened to be in the area, had my camera with me, and decided to just stop by. I didn't bring 2,000 people with me, lol. I parked right out front, not in the dirt lot to the West.

That was a few years ago, so I did call and ask, to make sure things were as I remembered, and confirmed what I said just before posting that. But I didn't ask about THIS WEEK, or during TC. Just in general.

I guess it can't hurt to try though. Good Luck!

Haha. you're right and that makes perfect sense. I rode my bike a couple of days to camp this year already and noticed that they had staff standing in front of team headquarters - probably making sure that nobody goes in that way - so maybe I'll have to give it a shot later on when training camp is over with.