PDA

View Full Version : Best team in AFC

Broncos4SB2013
08-05-2013, 12:45 PM
If you look at the nfl website you see a lot of talk of who the best team in the AFC will be this year. This is an area for a lot of debate. I think the top 3 have to be New England, Denver, and Houston. I do not think there is a clear-cut winner for the number one spot. What do you guys think?

HUMCALC
08-05-2013, 12:47 PM
It's OBVIOUS: Denver is

ERoyal248
08-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Whoever stays the most healthy is.

champ&dreallday
08-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I think they picked Houston just because they have to discuss someone other than Denver. I saw the piece earlier and I laughed when Deion went through all of the other AFC teams. He talked about the Patriots troubles, the Ravens got worst with Ray and Reed leaving, he didn't believe in Cincinatti, so on and so forth....surprisingly he didn't mention the Broncos as if he forgot we were in the division. He even said they were number one because they were #7 on offense and defense. I'm pretty sure we were top 5 in both. I don't think he could make any valid argument that would put us after the Texans.

Broncos4SB2013
08-05-2013, 01:10 PM
In another video they posted they mentioned that the texans are the only team that improved. They were saying both the Pats and the Broncos were in a decline. That might be debatable for New England and yes the Broncos have had their problems in the offseason but I also believe that the chemistry of the offense with PM is better and I also believe we have made great strides with our running game. The deefense has had problems with Dumerville and Miller but I think that by mid season they will be as good, if not better than last year.

Chillez
08-05-2013, 02:02 PM
It's obvious it's Denver easily. :logo:

22cannon
08-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Denver, duh

Houshmazode
08-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Denver, Houston and Cincinnati imo.

Houston got better, they just fizzled out late.

Cincinnati was good and will be a lot more cohesive this year. They resigned Andre Smith, franchised Michael Johnson, still have Geno Atkins. They helped out their offense a ton in areas of need while drafting Tyler Eifert and Giovanni Bernard and AJ Green is a top 3 receiver in the league.

InsaneBlaze23
08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Depends on health really. Denver has the best team and right now look to be the number 1 team. But that could change with injuries.

BroncoFanBoy
08-05-2013, 05:53 PM
New England is still a top 3 AFC team, but they lost too much in the offseason. Houston has a heck of a team, but usually the better QB tops conferences.

Denver is the best team in the AFC, no contest.

samparnell
08-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Best is determined by who wins the conference championship game. We won't know that for about six months.

The toughest, and most likely the best, division is AFCN. They play each other twice which will lower their seeding. It is possible that both wild cards could come from AFCN.

NE should win AFCE and Houston should win AFCS.

We can only hope that the championship goes through Mile High.

ruksak
08-09-2013, 03:46 AM
Houston should win AFCS.

They barely edged out the Colts in year 1 of a rebuild, stocked full of rookies. Nobody sees it coming, but we're reclaiming our AFCS throne.

Denver is indeed the best, most complete championship ready team in the AFC. Can't wait to see you guys in Indy this year.

InsaneBlaze23
08-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Colts aren't gonna surpass Houston, I don't care how they did last season.

LINEBACKER9
08-09-2013, 08:39 AM
4 best in order : Denver, Cincinnati, New England, Houston. I'm fairly certain we see the Bengals in the AFC Championship.

ruksak
08-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Colts aren't gonna surpass Houston, I don't care how they did last season.

We've done nothing but gain, losing only an aged Freeney whom wasn't working in our system anyway. Luck, Allen, Hilton....and many others are no longer rookies.

We've gained Laron Landry to replace woeful safety play.

We've gained Heyward-Bey, a serious deep threat.

We've gained Ahmad Bradshaw, one of the elite blocking backs in the league.

Houston isn't capable. For whatever reason, they are notorious underachievers, always have been, and I see no signs of them breaking those chains. When are people going to learn that just because Arian Foster is a great fantasy pick, it doesn't mean Houston is on a championship run?

We're back and fans around the league would do well to stop holding the loss of Manning against us.

BroncosDivision
08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Colts will win AFC South this season and sweep the Texans.

samparnell
08-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Colts will win AFC South this season and sweep the Texans.

Don't bet any money on that ... unless it's like a dollar (Euro?), or lunch or something. :D

ruksak
08-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Don't bet any money on that ... unless it's like a dollar (Euro?), or lunch or something. :D

Gimmie one reason, one reason why some of y'all are drinking this horrid Texans flavored koolaid?

They had their best team assembled in franchise history last year and still....STILL they split games with us, including at the end of the season when they came here and got their butts handed to them by a troop of rookies on a hastily assembled team coming off one of our Indianapolis franchises worst season to date.

Houston ....they're pretenders and I see no reason to change my assessment. I'll get back to you after week 8 and we can determine where the Colts are at, but I'm telling you, this squad is your classic example of 'under the radar'.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012123004/2012/REG17/texans@colts#menu=highlights&tab=recap

samparnell
08-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Gimmie one reason, one reason why some of y'all are drinking this horrid Texans flavored koolaid?

They had their best team assembled in franchise history last year and still....STILL they split games with us, including at the end of the season when they came here and got their butts handed to them by a troop of rookies on a hastily assembled team coming off one of our Indianapolis franchises worst season to date.

Houston ....they're pretenders and I see no reason to change my assessment. I'll get back to you after week 8 and we can determine where the Colts are at, but I'm telling you, this squad is your classic example of 'under the radar'.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012123004/2012/REG17/texans@colts#menu=highlights&tab=recap

He said sweep. You said split. Are you drinking the amnesia-aide? One factor to consider is the loss of Bruce Arians, not to mention Arian Foster.

ruksak
08-09-2013, 03:21 PM
He said sweep. You said split. Are you drinking the amnesia-aide? One factor to consider is the loss of Bruce Arians, not to mention Arian Foster.

We split last year when, if Houston was so good (as the pundits tried to claim), then how could they split with our team that the pundits tried to claim got "lucky"?

Tells me that we're sweeping them this year, as has been typical before that whole Manning getting released thing.

Foster didn't help them much when we beat them.

Bruce Arians, good guy. Great OC. But we got Pep in 2013 and many think his system is better fit for Luck (being that he was already Luck's OC in college).

Houston hasn't added anything that says their 2013 squad can beat this much improved Colts squad, one that took Houston out in 2012 with a patchwork group of strangers. 'Ol man Reed and his busted hip ain't enough.

SoundsOfSuccess
08-09-2013, 03:30 PM
New England and Denver are the easy top two, Houston is good but they're in the second tier with Baltimore, IMO.

As long as New England has Brady.. I gotta go with them. Peyton is great but his playoff record is nowhere near as good as Brady's. Doesn't mean the Patriots would beat them in a head to head game but on paper, New England is still #1 I think.

bears6385
08-10-2013, 09:18 AM
We split last year when, if Houston was so good (as the pundits tried to claim), then how could they split with our team that the pundits tried to claim got "lucky"?

Tells me that we're sweeping them this year, as has been typical before that whole Manning getting released thing.

Foster didn't help them much when we beat them.

Bruce Arians, good guy. Great OC. But we got Pep in 2013 and many think his system is better fit for Luck (being that he was already Luck's OC in college).

Houston hasn't added anything that says their 2013 squad can beat this much improved Colts squad, one that took Houston out in 2012 with a patchwork group of strangers. 'Ol man Reed and his busted hip ain't enough.For Houston I really like the addition of DeAndre Hopkins.

ERoyal248
08-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Regards to Houston and Indy.

Houston added Hopkins, added Reed, have some young players ready for bigger roles.

Get Cushing back.

That said, it should be a tight race but nod goes to Houston as a better overall team.

InsaneBlaze23
08-10-2013, 03:34 PM

Houston added Hopkins, added Reed, have some young players ready for bigger roles.

Get Cushing back.

That said, it should be a tight race but nod goes to Houston as a better overall team.

To add, Foster should be more healthy than last season, Owen Daniels is gonna be used more often. Houston is better fit this season than last season. I'm more worried about them than New England.

ruksak
08-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm more worried about them than New England.

I couldn't be anymore confused if you typed that in Mandarin Chinese. You had better be worried by the proven winner, as opposed to being worried by the proven losers.

Houston has poor leadership. As far as I'm concerned, their window started slamming shut after week 16 of 2012.

ERoyal248
08-11-2013, 10:17 AM
To add, Foster should be more healthy than last season, Owen Daniels is gonna be used more often. Houston is better fit this season than last season. I'm more worried about them than New England.

New England still has Brady and Belechik.

They'll win the usual 10-12 games and be in the mix for the AFC title like they have the last decade. Hope I'm wrong but don't think I will be.

baphamet
08-11-2013, 10:38 AM
on paper its denver

baphamet
08-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I couldn't be anymore confused if you typed that in Mandarin Chinese. You had better be worried by the proven winner, as opposed to being worried by the proven losers.

Houston has poor leadership. As far as I'm concerned, their window started slamming shut after week 16 of 2012.

NE was a proven loser at one point, so were the saints. Texans have almost everything but an elite QB, they do have a decent one though.

baphamet
08-11-2013, 10:48 AM
New England still has Brady and Belechik.

They'll win the usual 10-12 games and be in the mix for the AFC title like they have the last decade. Hope I'm wrong but don't think I will be.

yeah you never want to count out NE but i must say that this might be their worst team, at least offensively. brady cant do it all by himself, his weapons are pretty much all gone or hurt.

i got Denver and Houston far before NE, but NE will always have a chance with brady.

fallforward3y+
08-14-2013, 12:51 AM
New England and Denver are the easy top two, Houston is good but they're in the second tier with Baltimore, IMO.

As long as New England has Brady.. I gotta go with them. Peyton is great but his playoff record is nowhere near as good as Brady's. Doesn't mean the Patriots would beat them in a head to head game but on paper, New England is still #1 I think. NE won Super Bowls in the 01-04 time, back when they always had a top level defense. That top defense however, is no more, and they really aren't the postseason kings anymore.

BB will look to get the best out of his receivers, it will be hard this year though, I see them having a down year. They are largely dependent on their passing game, and their receiving core is in trouble. Of course, you never know with BB, he will find what they do well and use it.

I see Houston as the top team in the AFC. Very good, well balanced offense, great front 7, and Ed Reed will help that secondary a lot. A lot of Denver fans think Houston is not in their league, but bare in mind they soundly beat Denver in Denver last year, and adding Reed will help a lot.

fallforward3y+
08-14-2013, 01:24 AM

Get Cushing back.

Indy may disappoint this year. Their defense and running game are suspect, which makes me question whether they will duplicate what they did last year.

fallforward3y+
08-14-2013, 01:25 AM

Get Cushing back.

Indy may disappoint this year. Their defense and running game are suspect, which makes me question whether they will duplicate what they did last year.

ERoyal248
08-14-2013, 11:02 AM
yeah you never want to count out NE but i must say that this might be their worst team, at least offensively. brady cant do it all by himself, his weapons are pretty much all gone or hurt.

i got Denver and Houston far before NE, but NE will always have a chance with brady.

I agree, but if preseason is any indication, they should be ok.

They are going to run the ball a lot more this year.

Even still, losing Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd and possibly even Gronk for the first 6 games is tough to replace.

They got some younger guys in the mix, should be interesting.